Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Hey, now that you're home... write with me?" [A 1x1 Search]

"Hey, now that you're home... write with me?" [A 1x1 Search]

"A little introduction..."

In the real world, I'm what they call a slacker, a hermit... but here in the roleplay world I'm a punctual no-lifer. What this means is I have no restraints, I will be online at least once a day. And even if I do have business to attend to, I inform anyone I am writing with! So I will never just disappear and leave you staring at a story that will never move. By no means do I assume you will be online as much as I, writing with me is a very stress free experience and I am very flexible.

But I am honest, I don't want to waste your time, and if I sense we won't mesh as writers, I will tell you. If we get to a point in our story that I feel like the writing is becoming work, it's losing it's spark, I will tell you and we can work on fixing the problem as opposed to just letting it awkwardly die as I fill you with excuses as to why I never post. I respect you.

I will offer up anything my mind has to offer, but I love to work with people. Feel free to give me ideas, take some of my ideas and maybe throw your own twist on things. Two minds are better than one! And this is an experience for the both of us, I don't want to be selfish and only cater to my interests and desires.

Yes, I love to write. Sometimes I can get carried away enough to write and write to the point I cannot stop. And I will go ahead and assume you love to write. (Appropriate grammar is a given.) I won't force you to write more than the moment calls for, but will be disappointing if your posting lacks substance.

"...Let us begin."

I will play male and female characters.

I am alright with adding / playing secondary roles as well.

When playing a game involving romance aspects, I am not partial to instant romance, I desire depth in every aspect of my games. I will play hetero, girl x girl and male x male pairings.

My Girl x Girl Rule:
    I play a convincing Seme, but will play an Uke upon request. and for those who aren't familiar with these terms, here is a quick definition of the two. (The definitions vary all over the place, this is just the simplest way I can explain.)

Seme - Dominant, aggressive, possessive, ect.

Uke - Submissive, usually more outwardly affectionate.

Pairings
    (PLEASE MAKE SUGGESTIONS~!)

Modern
    Musician / Fan
    Public School Student / Private School Student
    Neighbor / Neighbor
    Teacher / Student
    Tutor / Student
    Prep / Delinquent
    Foreign Exchange Student / Student
    Mafia Family Member / Child of Head of Investigation
    Kidnapped for Money / Kidnapper

Fantasy

Royalty / Peasant
    Human / Ghost
    Human / Vampire (Non sparkly ones.)
    Vampire / Lycan
    Demon / Demon (Kitsune, Tengu, ect. not just the traditional)
    Human / Demon

Post-Apocalyptic
    Survivor / Survivor

Sci-Fi
    Andriod / Human
    Military Officer / Soldier
    Experiment / Scientist

I am not interested in...
    Canon characters.

I am interested in...
    Long term.

FANDOM
    (( OC's and use the plot / setting. ))

Anime / Manga
    Deadman Wonderland
    Strike Witches
    Black Butler
    Black Bird
    Ceres
    Darker Than Black
    Gantz
    Gurren Lagann
    He Is My Master
    His and Her Circumstances
    Karin
    Needless
    Pretear
    Steins;Gate
    Corpse Princess
    Bamboo Blade
    Candy Boy
    Chobits
    Destiny of the Shrine Maiden
    Elfen Lied
    Fruits Basket
    High School of the Dead
    NANA
    Negima!
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Strawberry Panic
    Uta no Prince-sama
    xxxHolic
    Paranoia Agent
    Ooku: The Inner Chambers
    Otomen

Video Games
    Persona
    Deus Ex
    Skyrim
    Dragon Age
    Resident Evil
    Pokemon

Detailed Plot Ideas
    (( This is where I will put detailed versions of ideas. ))

Anarchy
    Genres: Modern, Dark, Revolution
    Setting: Present Day, New Jersey.

The plot would be very character oriented, meaning that the story will be driven by the actions of the main characters. The story revolves around (minimum 2 - maximum 4) characters who have all been brought together through a young adult male named Clyde. The characters form a rebellious duo or group that begin vandalizing the city around them but the random acts of rebellion soon escalate as Clyde reveals that he has more than just common punk ideas in mind. Is he mad? Does he need to be hospitalized? Or is he an inspiring philosopher who's words can persuade your character to take part in an upcoming "revolution"?

Character(s) I wish to play: Clyde, a twenty-two year old male with a shady reputation. Anyone who knows of him either sees him as a "forward thinker with a persuasive tongue" or a "wandering mental case". He is sick of the way the world has become and wants nothing more than to usher in a revolution resulting in it's rebirth.
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 11-23-2012 at 04:04 AM.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Samples

My samples...

It had taken her far longer than she imagined it would to reach her destination. Granted, she spent far more time than deemed necessary to prepare her mind for this trip, it didn't help she had to sneak her way out of her home and village under the cover of night to even begin.

Only at the outskirts of the city, her holy ribbons shined powerfully as the all too familiar voice of her grandmother echoed in her mind. You're late!The old womans scolding voice brought a panic to the girls face. Just me? The voice was quick to respond back, Yes you bumbling child, now hurry! An exasperated gasp escaped her lips as she picked up her travelers pace, her long flowing peasant skirt flowing behind her.

Her stomach was turning, every second felt dangerous to her, and now knowing that she is holding up the hero's was making her feel even worse. Would they all leave her behind? It's your own fault.A scowl spread across her face before she murmured under her breath, "I wasn't talking to you... and please don't do this when I meet them, It's bad enough I can never hear anyone else speak because you're always filling up my head..."

Really, Gavyn needed to stop speaking out loud to the spirit that traveled with her, but it was hard for the girl to keep wits about herself when something so mythological was happening to her. But everything these days were starting to sound like story books, being summoned to Ka'lent city, somehow being expected to fill the role of hero. To be honest, Gavyn had been wanting some kind of trail to appear before her mundane life so she could prove not only to herself, but to the world she was useful... but was she really up for the task? Only time would tell.

The long haired brunette kept a canteen at her waste, tied onto a leather strap. It was with her at all times, luckily for her the air was moist today but on a dry day the only way she would be able to conjure water was through some other physical source... and seeing as she can't always be near a lake or pond the canteen was a useful tool.

It wasn't long before the female with the eyes of sapphire came to the road where the Steps of Dawn lay, but what was this? They hadn't left yet? Sighing with a sweat of relief she kept close to the walls of a building nearby. It wasn't something hard to see, but a tense air was thickening around the group hanging about the area. Looking about, she knew it had to be them... raising her hands she counted the heads she saw in the area; one, two, three, four, five and six.

Sitting back and watching them shout back and forth, it seemed they all wanted the same thing. Eyes widening she pressed her lips together, What if this is my fault? For being so late! Things would probably be far more organized if I had just shown up on time! Knocking herself on the head with her fist she punished herself for taking so long.

Enough lurking, it was time. Taking a deep breath, she was ready for the inevitable fury that was going to be thrown at her once she appeared. Moving out of the shadows she stepped lightly, her sandles scuffling the mix of dirt, rocks and seeds under her. "I...I'm very sorry for holding everyone up, please forgive me...?" God she sounded like a mouse under all these bellowing voices around her. They're never going to notice you if you speak like a mouse, speak like a hero, girl!" Closing her eyes she raised her voice louder to get the groups attention. "I am the water element Gavyn Locke! I apologize for being so late! I hope you all can forgive me!" After a moment she opened one eye, then the other and looked around at their faces. "..eh... sorry..." Her voice returned to her regular quiet tone.
    A figure sat casually atop an old wooden crate, if you could look over her shoulder you would see she was holding a hand she has been waiting for all night. An Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 of Hearts were sitting proudly against her gloved fingers. It took much of her might to hold back from laughing, the shady men around her were simply “amusing” the girl that had approached them not more than an hour ago, and they assumed her skill was miniscule from the start.

In actuality, for most of the game she had been keeping her moves low level, losing a bit of money, never getting anything too impressive. By now they either thought she had bad luck, or was just plain stupid for trying her skill down at the docks. The three men hunched around the makeshift table of stacked crates and an old piece of scrapped siding were too focused on competing with each other for the winnings to even offer the hooded girl a sideways glance.

But her time had come, she watched as the heavy set male of the group smugly went all in. That confidence seemed to intimidate the remaining two fishermen as they slapped their cards on the table in an ogre like tantrum. As eyes finally peered down the table at the green haired stranger, all brows seemed to cock upward questioningly.

“Got something to say, girl?” Bringing his dirty nails to scratch his unkempt beard he squinted his eyes over his cards to direct them where she sat.

The corner of her lips began to convulse as her shark like smile stretched out along her face, laughter now erupting from deep within her. It was a great feeling to shock a trio of overconfident and under-showered idiots, but it felt even better knowing she could win this kind of money without working a single minute. “Ehheh heh ha ha!” Throwing her head back, her eyes were now revealed to those around her, the red contacts she wore still left room for her natural green eyes to shine through, the twisting colors lighting up with amusement. “Tu… Tupoy*…” Throwing her cards down on the table she inhaled deeply from the end of her nicotine stick, the burning ember suddenly lighting up her face as the men gawked at her game winning move. “I thank you for letting me blindside you today, my friends!” She spouted out, her Russian accent thick in her voice. Enthusiastically she reached out her greedy hands to claim her winnings but her wrist was quickly caught up in the rough grasp of the man on her left.

“Like we would let a little pipsqueak like you walk away with all our dough?”
    He growled in her direction as the other chimed in after him, “I don’t think so.” The heftier of the three stood up, his brows now arced down into a hateful stare. “Now you can see what it feels like to get robbed blind, huh?” As that was said, the man who had his hand on her wrist quickly pulled it around behind her back, grabbing her other as well. Picking up her bag, the greasiest of them all began tugging on the lock that held her backpacks zippers together. “You must have something’ good in hear to be lockin’ it up like dis?”

They expected her to be thrashing about by now, or at least screaming for help but no, she just stood on her knees with her head hanging down toward the ground. One of the men had pulled out a clunky tool and situated it around the lock, preparing to cut it when her voice was finally heard.

“You better give me what is mine and let me go, I’ll only warn you once….” Her voice was steady, controlled through a clenched jaw. But she knew what the answer would be, and she was right. In turn the men just laughed and proceeded to break through the lock, the moment the heavy square of metal hit the ground was the moment Svetlana’s brow begin to twitch. “You asked for this!!” Within that second her body burst out with an electronic charge, small yellow lines of spark bursting off her skin and making their way up the arms of the fisherman holding her down. Letting out a cry of pain he fell back to the ground, the sudden jolt knocking him unconscious.

“Holy shit!” The man holding the bag looked at her with wide eyes, dropping it to the ground. “This ain’t no joke!” Running away from the scene as fast as his feet could take him left only Sveta and the man who seemed to lead the two who were now… for the lack of a better word… indisposed. “What are you playing at you little brat? You ain't takin' my money!” As he reached down to grab the backpack that was dropped, Sveta sucked at her teeth and gave him a lazy stare. “Tupoy.” With little more than a single word, she aimed her open palm in his direction, shooting out a much thicker bolt of lightning than what she gave the merely unconscious man behind her. No, this amount of power…. He wouldn’t wake up from this. As his fat body collapsed to the ground, the scene was now pleasantly quiet. Sveta opened the front pocket of her backpack and slid the winnings off the table, letting them waterfall inside the pocket. “Try to out-muscle Sveta, hmm? I don’t think so… heh ha ha hehe~!” Slinging the bag over her shoulder she sighed. “Unfortunately now… I have to buy a new lock.” Taking a moment to inhale the last bit of smoke from her cigarette she stared at the whale like body at her feet. “What a pain…” Flicking the last inch of burning herb down at the man below her she turned, leaving the scene behind. Should she be more worried, considering what just took place? No way, it was the docks, the amount of mysterious deaths and crime in the area was so high that the loss of another dirty, rotten man would be doing the city good.

*Tupoy = Idiot
    The terrain of this whole island was generally the same, very flat and mostly made up of sand and beach grass. They weren't far from the private beaches that belonged to the owners of these high end homes so the sinking earth was proving to be quite difficult for her heavy leather boots to endure.

Gaining enough momentum, Angie was able to grab hold of the incoming fence that divided the home from the paved street and catapulted herself over it. It was a lot easier than she ever thought it would be, never actually jumping a fence before.

At first glance the raven haired and leather cloaked girl looked like quite the troublemaker, but she was quite the opposite. Angie could knock a strangers socks off with the charismatic attitude she gained from watching her older brother, and never had committed a single crime in her lifetime. If you ever heard her speak on the subject she would tell you, It's like a test, if I meet someone who decides to judge be strictly on the way I look then they aren't worth my time.

Hitting the pavement with a thud, her boots coming down strong as her hands clasped the ground to keep stable, almost loosing her grip on the wooden bat. Looking over her shoulder, Scarlett was doing just fine keeping up right behind her and the two had a decent gap between the drooling drones that were headed after them. They didn't have long to go until making it to Polpis, on foot it would take around twenty minutes if they were walking but at the pace they were going they might be able to make it in under fifteen.

Quickly turning to move onward she stopped short, face to face with something she almost couldn't comprehend. It was larger than any man, casting a vicious shadow down onto the girl. It was a zombie, that was true... but in some new form she hadn't seen before. His arms were lined with pulsing veins that were clutching a body in it's fists, it was a limp body but a body of what could only be a uninfected soul. "Holy... hell...." The monster gurgled a growl that made Angies eyes go wide as he twisted the body in his hands, breaking it in two like a fortune cookie.

"There is no way..." Her voice shook with fear, stumbling back in horror as blood pooled to the ground. "...there is no way... I'm letting you take me alive!" Taking a hold of her bat as a defense she called out to Scarlett, "When you see your chance, take your shot Scarlett!" It was a long shot, but Angie was better used trying to draw the mongoloid away from Scarlett and hopefully distract him enough so that Scarlett could get the shot in, as opposed to her doing the shooting. Running as fast as she could she led the beast down the street, leaping onto a van and standing atop it to get eye to eye with him. "Come to mama...." readying her swing, he rushed toward her.

The timing had to be just right or this was sure to be the last few seconds left of Angies life, as he came close enough to the van he drew his fist of monstrous size back, leaving his head vulnerable to her swing. Taking her final opportunity Angie laid a powerful swing directly to his face, sending blood and drool back behind him. The long rusty nails pierced into him causing the bat to get stuck in his face. It sent him back, but it wasn't enough to take him down. Roaring in pain and fury he flailed about as Angie was still attached to the bat. It probably would have been a better idea to let go, but the idea that possibly hanging on and throwing him off balance would help slow him down and ready him for the bullet that hopefully would soon be fired from Scarlett.

Gripping tightly on the end of the bat like her life depended on it she swung about in the air as the mongoloid spat about in fury, barely able to keep balance.

Juuust curious. Ever heard of Her Majesty's Dog? >w>
    The setting of that place, is awesome, and so much possibility. XD It could technically fall into human/demon. ^ ^-

And and, hiiii!! Even though I know you, I'm always, nervous about asking for Rps.. x.x;
    But, bored. D: And, not much moving. Even if I should be studying, after this week, no more classes yet so, lots of free time besides work. XD
    ♫ ♫ ♫
    ♫Music is Life♫

No, but I looked it up and it sounds like something I'd love to read! I read manga pretty fast so, would you mind me reading the first couple volumes and maybe we can work on an idea together?

I am pumped you stopped by here. We have awesome writing chemistry in groups, so we will be even better in a one x one!!

Haha, Yays. <33 That's fine, that's fine. :3 Take your time! I can finish up the volumes as well. To refresh my memory. X3
    I love the manga since, it was actually surprisingly good. ^ ^- Bought it at a convention, and it caused a friend to buy the series too! XD

Aww, thanks. :3 I'm looking forward to seeing what spazziness we get into. XD Of course, I could play the guy for ya. <3
    ♫ ♫ ♫
    ♫Music is Life♫

So far, I'm loving it. Only a few pages in but I already LOVE the art style. It's old fashioned but really appealing. <3

So, I read volume one. And I really like it! It's an interesting twist on the Demon x Human combination.
    Were you thinking of taking ideas from that? Or just like the setting?

I was thinking that we totally could use the same dynamic but mix it up in our own special way!

I wanted to use the same basic gist, like the koma-oni and all that stuff. <3 I honestly haven't read the whole thing, so not sure what it ended in. But the ideas about the whole world on it is rather interesting. ^ ^-

We could try and work something out on how to make it our own story. X3 Maybe, choosing the koma-oni and taking it from there, or, something? ^ ^;
    ♫ ♫ ♫
    ♫Music is Life♫

Sweet. That's what I usually do when I read stories. Take the skeleton of the game and then mix it up.

Well, we could switch it around and have the girl be the Koma-oni this time?
    And do you want to go by that the character has the power from birth like in the manga, or maybe have them awaken to it at a certain birthday? (I know that's overused in most manga but it would make it so our characters meet for the first time, instead of having a pre-existing relationship.) Either way is fine with me though. The only reason I suggest the second one is because then we have more stuff to learn about each others characters, instead of trying to establish history between the two.

And can I suggest that possibly the Koma-oni be aware of her masters existence from day one, knowing that one day she will serve him and she can have like an infatuation with him...like... "I'm actually really getting to meet you today~!" xD That would just make it more amusing when they meet.

Actually, having it being awakened would be awesome. XD

Maybe one option would be; the human could've been taken away from the village to prevent him from getting a Koma-oni and stuff, and he'd be somewhat oblivious on what he would have been capable of? That way he would probably have no clue what she'd be talking about and most likely spaz over the changes and everything. And think she's a crazy stalker. >.>
    ♫ ♫ ♫
    ♫Music is Life♫

I love your ideas!! Ahhfjsjf;glhglh;;!!!

This is going to be fun~ uhm... I don't think their is too much to work out right now. I think we should jump right in to the beginning and as we go we can talk OOC and discuss what direction we want things to go in.

Does that sound okay with you, dear? ❤

Haha, yay! X3 Didn't sound as bad as I thought. <3

Hm, alright then! By, beginning, you mean when his abilities awaken, right? :3 Ages, Well... 21 sounds like a fitting age for him to get the powers. XD Also, old enough for him to be a skeptic and everything.
    What shall it be called? >w<
    ♫ ♫ ♫
    ♫Music is Life♫

Yeah, it seems we've both decided on that idea. We can start it off mid-afternoon on his birthday. His mother and father (or whomever you'd like) tell him to be back by dinner for his birthday party. (That can be where they tell him the family secret, ect.)

It would be funny if they met while he was out. Like, she's a really bad stealth stalker... so he keeps noticing a girl is following him. xDD

This is gonna be really amusing~

Oh!! A name!! Uhm.... >_> How about... *runs away to go shuffle through my music to find inspiration*

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Oooo... I got an idea!

"The Red String of Fate" ?? Do you like that?

I'm sure you've heard of it. According to this myth, the gods tie an invisible red string around the ankles of two people who are destinies always bring them together. It's like a play on the fact that the two have always been tied together, even prior to their meeting.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

And I found what character I'm gonna use!

She seems cute, sort of oblivious and playful~ and as a bonus I have tons of pictures of her!
    and because I have a soft spot for Okami, her demon form is gonna be this~

That's a good name!
    I've heard of the myth before? <3

I was thinking of having his mother being the one who took him away to protect him and everything. Ill try and make the thread!
    The girl is cute and I want to hug her. <3 ill show ya my guy when I get on the laptop. ;3
    ♫ ♫ ♫
    ♫Music is Life♫

Okay cool. Looks like we are good to start then. I'll work on my character so whenever you are ready with yours, we can start.

I may be going out for drinks tonight but I'm not 100% sure. I just wanted to let you know in case I'm MIA.

Jaunty Journeyman shockingzelda's Avatar
    I would like to do your idea of a mafia child X head of investigation child plot. I love gun fights and action and things of the sort.

Oh, shoot! Sorry. I forgot to cross that off. I'm actually doing that plot line with Riku in Enemies Under Better Circumstances. >_<; Totally my bad. Do you have any other ideas you'd like to try out?

Idk I am up for anything really. Though I like the pairing of kidnapee and kidnapper

Oh cool, that's a fun and crazy plot I've never done before. We could go tons of different ways with it. Kidnapped and being held for ransom, kidnapped by stalker or accidentally kidnapped the wrong person. I'm up for any suggestions as to which way you'd like to go with it!

I like the kidnapped by stalker. Means I can be a whole lot more creepy and more sexual.
    Last edited by shockingzelda; 03-14-2012 at 03:55 AM.

Oh snap, so you wanna be the kidnapper? Hm, cool! Any preferences in setting? City or rural? Maybe start it right around the time she has a feeling something is going on?

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Or I could play a boy, either way I'm cool. Just depends on your preference.

Idk will talk in the morning it is 11:30 where I am at.

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    I think I like the Scientist/Experiment idea. It kind of reminds me of Eureka Seven (an anime that I've realized is not on your list- I strongly recommend it if you like cool flying mecha fighting scenes and some stupid silliness), a girl who really isn't human, but has no memories and is easily persuaded and a boy who has a huge crush on the girl, but it sounds highly cliche`.

Maybe something along those lines...

Okay I am here, i do want to be the capturer. Being the capturer is so much more fun. And I think I would like a setting that is out in the country so she can't like scream and get help. And you can be the girl. Because being a kidnapper, it is easier to be a man and not a woman. And she can kinda feel like something was about to happen, or we can start it when she awakens at the house or she wakes up earlier than expected in the car.

Sweet, I like where all these ideas are going. It's so funny how my search thread has been quiet for so long then all in the same week I get a bunch of requests! Love it~

But right now I am a little busy, just because I have a one x one that was in the works before and then a bunch of other group games going right now. I'd still like to fine tune and discuss the ideas further before opening up the games but I probably won't be able to make any actual posts until this weekend. x__x;

I actually had an idea for the experiment/scientist... (thought of it last night and forgot about it until now -___- I hate my memory)
    What if there was a surgery that could make humans who have a terminal disease, into people who can live without the disease? There are a few catches- but they are not very big. After the surgery is completed and the mind is restored to a new body, they are given a box. This box contains a few things that the owner of the box doesn't know about- only the person who put it in knows. The box is very similar to the box that Pandora is given in a myth. The box contains their worst memories, their ability to dream, and a few emotions that they have decided to sacrifice for the surgery.

Because this is a new procedure, they have decided to test it on an orphan who has lung cancer. (can be man or woman, its still a bit fuzzy to me) So far, it has proven to be successful, but the box is a bit tempting to some.

And that's what I have so far. >_< I wish I worked on it more.

You have no idea how many times I have thought about things, never writing them down and then later on forget half of it! It makes me want to buy a tape recorder so I could always be able to record my thoughts and ideas.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

But I like where you're going with it... hmmm.... So, how would the box become involved in the project? Would it just be a result of the procedure, maybe we could make it something not a literal box... but maybe like a part of their mind?
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 03-15-2012 at 11:15 PM.

I like the idea of it being a part of the brain itself... Maybe it could a robotic or computer-like thought processor that is able to hold back selective parts of daily life. If it is something that the patient shouldn't or can't see, then the part will block it or censor it with something that they would usually overlook...

But the Pandora procedure (Hehe~ I came up with a name for it!) would cause the "box". The project could be to find out how long it takes before the patient grows frustrated with it and tries to open it, making the disease and memories come back.

And if anything, they could do kinda what they did in Portal with glaDOS- take a human mind and put it into a robot. The box would be those things that could overload the computer that controls the body, and is only stored in the back of the mind, or some kind of storage inside the robotic brain. This would make it more sci-fi-y and maybe add a twist to it... Or not.

I hope I defined what you meant by "project". I really didn't understand what you had asked, so I tried my best to guess.

If you are busy, I can make the roleplay. And if anything needs to be changed, I can change it when you are able to get a look. But, I know that If we do this, the police will eventually come. And that will be an epic part of the roleplay as I imagine it. The house will have traps all around it, secret passageways and lots of other stuff. But, what if she is not the only person who is captured, he has like a whole underground prison of kidnapped women he has kept and left them there to die when he got bored of them? Or, what if this girl becomes special, like she geets privilleges that the capturer normally wouldn't give to a captured person. like her own room, she get to roam free around the house every once in awhile, except I (as the kidnapper) control what doors do and don't open. Ooooo It is so much fun to think about this.

UPDATED!!!

Looking for someone interested in my "Anarchy" idea! It's posted under the Detailed Plot Ideas section!