Login to your account

Thread: Favorite RPG game series!!!

Red face Favorite RPG game series!!!

My favorite rpg game is Harvest Moon (but Rune Factory is also good, I don't know if it's the same thing anymore???)

I like how cute they all are. <3 <3 Even the animals are cute!

I also like The Sims - what is your favorite rpg game series? <3
    ~ No soup for you! ~

Loved the harvest moon games, though my favorite role playing video game would have to be Fab;e one (not two it stunk, and three is just okay.) Also although I have NEVER finished one, I LOOOVE the elder scrolls series (most recently oblivion and soon to come out with skyrim xp). I like role playing video games that allow you to make moral choices and long lasting world changes. In elder scrolls, if you kill a shop owner, they are gone for ever and you can never buy items from that place again.

Persona! I've only played a little bit of Persona 4 and I LOVE it so far.

Fallout.

Because you can never get enough...nuka cola.

Fallout is indeed awesome, ha ha. Never played persona though.

Persona totally looks up my alley as far as games I would probably enjoy, but unfortunately it's not on a system I own or intend to own. xD Darnit.

I've always wanted to play Fable (it was one of the reasons I actually bought an Xbox other than my then-boyfriend begging me to so we could play FPS games together with his brother and friends), and if I ever find it for cheaps and can locate whatever happened to the Xbox, I'd totally play it. xD

I adore Harvest Moon, Rune Factory and I'm not sure if River King (made by the same people as the other two) counts as an rpg. It's certainly a simulation, but I'm on the fence if it's an rpg. xD I suppose it has enough elements of it, I wouldn't quibble. xD

Love The Sims, of course.

Never played Fallout. Will have to look into it. :3

ElderScrolls is another game I've heard of but not yet played. xD I do like the idea of the game remembering your choice to kill someone. Haha. xD
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

I like The Sims, but as it got huger and huger in size I kinda felt meh about it. :P Is it really considered an RP though? XD
    I played Fable but I didn't really like it.

Hmm, I loved Persona 3 and 4 (Persona 3 more than 4, actually, although that may be because I'm not done with P4 hehe). I also love the .hack series (particularly the .hack//G.U. vols1-3, which are not a grind fest like the first four... and plus, Endrance is in them~ *v* )

How about WoW? :P

I think it depends on how you use The Sims as to whether it can be considered an "RP". I know of some people who would share a game and take screenshots to illustrate scenes. It's certainly a game that has "roleplay elements" to it, as you're creating characters (often from scratch) and creating the world they live in (often from scratch) and arranging their lives, with goals the characters want to accomplish just as much as the player wants to arrange for them. xD

WoW and any other MMO definitely has roleplaying elements. And if you did what I did for a very brief but wonderful time, you can totally roleplay in the server. (I did that for longer in City of Heroes, for that matter.)
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Note to self: WoW has roleplay elements. Who knew? I always remember grinding mobs for hours on end...and becoming bored.

lol I was on a role playing server back when I played WoW but the drama got to bee too much to waste my money o.O

I guess there's a point there on the sims. XD

And lol, it's because (in WoW and other such MMO games) not a lot of people actually know how to do the "role" and only do the "playing". :P

I roleplay on the MMO All Points Bulletin...sort of...because the only thing I can truly roleplay is driving around a cop car. Which is somewhat amusing.

Dragon Age is my current favorite! I've had a lot of fun with that. Coming second is the very addicting Persona games, I just am a sucker for the dynamic they use. I do love The Sims to death and can spend hours on end playing it. Various other games in such genre that I enjoy include the Fable Series and Fallout, even though I have in no way come close to digging my teeth into the masses of Fallout.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

I'd love to play the Persona games too! They look so fun!

I don't know much about the other games, but they sound like fun too~~!
    ~ No soup for you! ~

Dragon Age was fun, I enjoyed manipulating every one's affections for me, ha ha.Believe it or not I have been playing the fall out series since it was a top down number on the computer, even then the humor was wonderful and the choice making beyond it's time.

Oh and Neko you missed the best glitch ever in the Elder scrolls series. In oblivion there was this MAJOR quest to go and meet with this prisoner. Only for some reason, if players did not reach him by a certain time he was always dead. The programmers spent a few months before figuring out they had not given the guards enough food and the A.I. figured out that the prisoner was eating food, counted him as less important, and the guards offed him, lol.

Gaining a Reputation Michael Cra's Avatar
    Hell Neko i think i still have a copy of fable for OG Xbox if i find it you can have it. XD

Also i Role-played in WoW, in FF11, in Guild Wars, half the MMO's i played its just meeting strangers and saying stuff and you see what they do. Worst that happened was someone thought you were lame. XD

I played Persona 3 and spent to much time farming cards because I get greedy in games where you can make yourself better with out leveling up (although by getting the cards you had to kill monsters so you leveled up anyways). But i never Finished it becuase my PSP was full and MSG peace walker came out lol.

But i'd have to say my favorites were Final Fantasy 5, FF7 ((I really did love it even if the main character was a EMO bitch who stole Zacks everything. XD)), Legend of the Dragoon, and Secret of Mana.

NP Neko,
    If i still have it, it is just sitting in a box somewhere collecting dust.
    Last edited by Michael Cra; 06-19-2011 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Replying to Neko with out making a New post.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerion View Post
    Oh and Neko you missed the best glitch ever in the Elder scrolls series. In oblivion there was this MAJOR quest to go and meet with this prisoner. Only for some reason, if players did not reach him by a certain time he was always dead. The programmers spent a few months before figuring out they had not given the guards enough food and the A.I. figured out that the prisoner was eating food, counted him as less important, and the guards offed him, lol.
    ....That..... Is the best glitch ever.

Ever.

Hilarious. xD

I'll let you know if I ever find it, Michael. xD Thanks for the offer, that's nice of you. :3
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Tales. Of. Symphonia.

That is all...

Ooh and of course Final Fantasy 7 through 10.2. I'll go out on a limb and say Kingdom Hearts 2, although I'm not a big fan of the franchise.

I have spent 1.2 thousand hours on Fallout 3. And it gets better with each gameplay. I haven't even played New Vegas yet :|

Reoccurring NPC
    My favorite series... I would probably have to say Dragon Quest, since over all I think they are better more interesting games to play... If we were talking about a single game from a series I would actually still have to say Star Ocean: The Second Story. If later games in that series had been just as good if not better then maybe they would be my favorite.

I really enjoyed the Lunar series- both of them were really good games. I liked how the events of the first one were played out in the second one. These two games were just a lot of fun. I was really happy when they came out on PSP.

I have also had fun playing the Wild Arms games.

I used to like the Final Fantasy games, but the last couple have been sort of... unremarkable. I liked 10.2, but hated 10 (the main character made me want to throttle him).

I don't got a fav roleplay game. I've played Dragon Age, WoW, KOTOR, RuneEscape, Fable II, Mass Effect, The Sims 2 and Baldur's gate.
    I'm currently playing Mass Effect, Fable and Dragon Age.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

World of Warcraft
    Assassin's Creed
    Spiral Knights
    Terraria

I don't think Assassin's Creed is really even an RPG, STRUDEY.

My favorite... that's a tough one. I can't narrow it down to one, so here is a small list: Final Fantasy, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and Elder Scrolls.