Login to your account

Thread: Recommend Playstation 2 games?

Recommend Playstation 2 games?

Hey~

I would love it if I could get some recommendations for PS2 games?

I love RPGs adventure and Horror games best, but I will take other recommendations too. Some examples of my favorite games, to give you an idea:

Monkey Island 8D
    Fatal Frame, Ku on, Echo: Night Beyond
    Final Fantasy, Dark Cloud, Magna Carta
    God of War, Okami, Godhand (I think was called? xD)
    Genji, Shinobi, Shinobido, and other samurai-styled games
    Persona series, other Shin Megami Tensei series
    Sniper Elite 8D
    Er, Batman Returns, Spiderman 2, and Harry Potter? XD (ok, not my faves, but I had fun playing them)

Also I like cheating in my games when I get frustrated. So games with cheats are love. YES I KNOW, DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT.

(ooc)

.Hack infection? I haven't finished, but it's pretty fun.
    However, you should defiantly get Mana Khemia -1 and 2- because it's awesome. xD
    And Star Ocean 3. Again, haven't finished, but it's fun. Also, I haven't played the other Star Ocean games so I don't know about the others. ;P

Current Obsession(s):
    Getting back to Role playing!

Ah! The .hack games! I don't know how I forgot about them. I actually have almost all of them (about half the .hack games and all the .hack//GU ones, I liked the GU ones better- it seemed slightly less grind-y and I actually finished them, unlike Infection and Outbreak lol).

I never heard about Mana Khemia Star Ocean I heard the name but can't say I've looked into it before... I'll be sure to look around for them, thank you very much for the recommendation! <3

(ooc)

Check out Radiata Stories. It's a pretty charming RPG developed by Tri-Ace. It's full of quirky humor, and has a pretty interesting story, which branches off into two directions. Oh, and there's 175 recruitable characters, and each one has a unique personality!

That sounds really interesting! Thank you, I'll look around for it! <3

(ooc)

Er....a SOCOM game...can't remember it. Was awesome though. Made you think about what moves you needed to do.

Mana Khemia is great, but feels very old styled. I would recomend Star Ocean 3 also. Albel makes my year. Guilty Gear is a good fighter. Legaia Dule Saga is dated but ever so good if you can get into it. Grandia II was also a personal fave. Trapt is a horror J game that is also a good find.

Checkmate.

Would you stop pointing it out every time?

Samurai Warriors 1 and 2. Love that series. Great cutscenes. Fun characters. Various routes and battle outcomes. I could never get bored with it.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Great hack and slash. Hanzo was so good in that game. To be fair I used Mitsuhide far too much. He was so cool. Devil kings was... An odd take on it and a really bad english remake of the Sengoku games.

Checkmate.

Magoichi, Masamune, Yukimura, Kunoichi, and Mitsunari were the ones I played sooooo many times that I had the battle memorized. In the first one, I got Magoichi's best gun.... At least seven times. XD

- hangouts -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    Magoichi, Masamune, Yukimura, Kunoichi, and Mitsunari were the ones I played sooooo many times that I had the battle memorized. In the first one, I got Magoichi's best gun.... At least seven times. XD
    Nobunaga and his littlle... Ranmaru Mori. Oh God how I lolled at Ranmaru. I loved him to bits. Biggest trap since Bridget.

Checkmate.

Ha ha ha. I love Ranmaru! When all the chicks are fighting and he joins them. XD "This is the battle for the strongest lady in the world, what are you doing here?!" Or something like that.

- hangouts -

That is pretty damn close I believe. Man, I went as far to get 2 for Xbox also. I will need to dig that out again. Wonder if the online still has life. Probably not.

Checkmate.

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Jak 2

Jak 3

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier

Jak X: Combat Racing

I adore the Jak & Daxter series. It was like my gaming love for 10 years. Still have the lady boners for the characters! >D

Now Jak X came before Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier but as far as the storyline Jak X is a stand alone game that doesn't exactly have a storyline connected to the other games. It is totally just a racing game but is like my FAVORITE racing game > w < and I do enjoy the storyline.
    Last edited by Strude; 03-31-2012 at 09:54 PM.

In fairness, I played them all. The first one was the only one I would ever play again. Two was like GTA gone bad.

Checkmate.

i never got to play lost frontier sadly...
    but anyway
    DDS 1 and DDS 2 for Shin Megami Tensei are good
    I had to be evil and get an emulator for the first one but I already owned the disk...it was just scracthed beyond beleif when i got it (for freeeeee )

Final Fantasy 10 was my all time fave though
    Friendly Neighbourhood Gunsligner
    'Tag...you're it...*shoots*'

Jak 2 has some amazing platforming puzzles, and the fetch quests would be really really fun (for fetch quests) if they just would have fixed the vehicle controls, <_>. Seriously, awful vehicle control. I love the platforming parts of the game. Jak and Daxter is the best in the series, though.

Speaking of platformers, the Ratchet and Clank series deserves a mention (Going Commando is the best in this line, in my opinion), as does the remake of Spyro (the dark and edgy one with Elijah Wood and David Spade, not the toy one. It has some great puzzles and is just a delightful short and easy romp).

Strictly for its gameplay, FFX-2 is fantastic and underrated, but that's because the story messes up the characters so much. At least the bad guys are cooler than Seymour (both factions), and Yuna (who totally does not act like Yuna) is wayyy less annoying than Tidus. Also pregnant Lulu is one of the funniest things in the entire series.

Marvel Nemesis is a fun vs. fighter, story mode is dumb, but mildly enjoyable.
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

FFVI had the best villain in any game, ever, in my opinion, >->

You know the writing is good when a 16bit sprite can give you nightmares.
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

Kefka is a coward. That's what makes him great, what makes him terrifying. His cowardice keeps him fighting from afar using such brilliant terrorist tactics as burning down an allied settlement based on an unconfirmed suspicion, and poisoning the water supply of entire kingdom just to conquer one city. Their farmlands would likely grow to be infertile in mere months. Let's not forget what he said as he dumped gallons of toxic into this river: "There is nothing like the music of thousands of people screaming in unison."
    His cowardice drives his entire character. He is the way he is because he needed to be the first to receive magic, he needed Cid to test on him and him alone FIRST so he could be unrivaled in power. But it was a failure, and he went insane as a result. So he convinced Cid to test it next on little children. A power he knows personally can and will break you, he convinces Cid to try it on babies.
    Then there's Terra. From the little evidence we are shown, it is abundantly clear that she was Kefka's plaything much like Celes was Cid's. She had been enslaved from birth, mind controlled. Her only waking memories are of being forced to do such awful things as mass murder. Mass murder of Kefka's own troops, who, while she devastated his forces, proudly commanded her to burn them all.
    And of course, his need for security leads to the true horror. He is a coward as you said, so he keeps amassing more and more power. When it is revealed that magicite brings magical power, he begins committing genocide, picking up the lifeless husks of dead Esper and cackling "they are warm to the touch." Then he eliminates the last threat to his position. He disguises himself as Gestahl and ambushes Leo. From what we are told, Leo is a kind, moral soldier who views the Emperor as his own father. And Kefka leads him to believe that he hates him as he is stabbing him. He destroys the foundation that Leo is built on and then literally stabs him in the back, pushing him onto the ground and straddling his form, screaming "I HATE HATE HATE YOU WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE" as he plunges the knife into Leo again and again.
    Then, because Gestahl knows he has no friends left, he reluctantly takes him to the Floating Continent. Kefka not only pushes his boss out of the way in order to claim the power for himself, but he then kicks Geatahl off. He kills a frail old man that has depended on him for at least a decade or two. And then he breaks the entire world
    Not only that, but he does so again, while you fight him. Kefka unleashes an omega level apocalypse, reshapes the tattered husk of society into his own image and then, when hope is seen, breaks it again.
    He is terrifying.

If I had played Xenogears, I'm sure I would have some form of rebuttal. It is on my todo list, however.

Wow, so many cool recommendations, I think I will have a LOT of games to play from now on XDD (and OutlawTorn, yes, I'm a lady XD)

Thank you everyone for all the amazing recs. I've gotten some of the games you've all mentioned (I started Shadow of the Colossus but haven't gotten too far, for instance), will also give Jak a try, among others; I like racing games every so often. >3
    Fsfsfsfs, I will try them all eventually. XD When I'm not engaged in mindless swinging from building to building and occasional crime fighting on Spiderman 2. lol
    Now that I fixed my video input connector I can finally get to playing again.

(ooc)

Hahaha, I remember I played a version of FF7 for the PC. o.o I was obsessed with it back then, now I can barely remember anything about it... but getting it was haaaaaard.
    I need to get a hold of some more games a la Fatal Frame too. (But not like Clock Tower 3, those Hide-to-Survive games are cool but they drive me up the wall, my nerves, agh! I prefer shooting at things XD which kind of makes me wonder now if there isn't a Supernatural game for the PS2... firing salt rock to ghosts and exorcising demons sounds like a fun game. XD)

(ooc)