Login to your account

Thread: Request for Various RPs (1-on-1; IM, E-mail, Google Docs)

Background NPC

Request for Various RPs (1-on-1; IM, E-mail, Google Docs)

Current Wish List
    Golden Sun (seeking a Mia, Jenna or Karst opposite an OC)
    Pokemon (more information here)

What I Ask From Partners
    Literacy: I define literacy as not just good mechanics--spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.--but being creative and able to form complex, thought-provoking sentences/actions. (I'm not a perfectionist, but as I give a good effort, I like my partner to be willing to do the same.) Everyone makes mistakes and typos now and then, and sometimes we may not be "feeling" a particular scene, or need to take a break for whatever reason; those aren't issues. Completely lackluster writing ("He smiled. She was funny. haha Then he said I’m Jay and you are? he waited and smiled. She was so pretty. Yvonne. She said softly. He liked her. They talked for a bit and she laughed at all his jokes which made him smile"), however, is an issue; it makes me feel like you're not really into the RP.
    Personal RP enjoyment: Beyond the mechanics, I want my partners to take pride in their work and in sharing it. I feel RP is something that should only be seen as fun, rather than work, an obligation or a stressor. I don't like "phoning in" RPs, as it makes me feel like I'm wasting my partner's time. Likewise, if you're no longer feeling the RP, simply tell me so we can work something out or, in a worst-case scenario, part ways with mutual respect and no ill will. Either way, I’d sooner prefer your honesty to your forcing yourself to continue out of some obligation. (That doesn't mean I appreciate partners simply going AWOL without telling me.) If we both aren’t enjoying the RP, then why do it, you know?
    Ability to write at least a paragraph per post
    An insightful, wicked sense of humor who isn't afraid to be snarky, adventerous, romantic and silly in equal measure

RP Mediums (PM for contact info): E-mail, IM (AIM), Google Docs, IM (YIM)

RP Length: One-shot, short-term or long-term

RP Likes: Comedy, action/adventure, drama, fantasy, superhero settings, Cowboy Bebop or Black Lagoon-esque worlds, realistic romance (the couple growing together, dealing with each other's quirks, busting each other’s proverbial chops in a playful way, etc.), philosophy and lighthearted material in general

RP Dislikes: Tragedy, dark storylines, serious/grimdark/dystopian storylines, pure realism, angst/wangst, unnecessary/over-the-top pain (More info can be read here.)

Plotlines/Fandoms of Interest: Fandoms and generic plots can be read here.

RP Face Photo Album: Faces and depictions of various characters can be read here.

Regarding Smut: While I like longer-term stories with equal mixes of plot and smut, I definitely have no problems with it or the occasional PWP. That being said, I like there to be a good bit of character interaction (even if it's a PWP) and them to know each other before things reach that point. I like to write out any such scenes and include them in all my RPs. (A list of such things can be found in my Journal for the curious and/or prurient.) If you’re under 19 years of age, don’t write smut or go the “fade to black” route, I think it best for all involved if we don’t RP together; this way, neither party’s preferences are violated. This can be talked about in PMs and such.

Writing Sample: A lengthy writing sample can be read here.

Other Thoughts: I think I speak for many when I say there is something truly amazing about a respectful RP partner with whom you truly click. To be able to exhibit one's creativity and work with another to create a new world or alter/revise an already existing one is not only an exercise in creativity, but can be the highest form of respect to the original creator. (After all, imitation is viewed by some to be the greatest compliment one can give, as you hold that thing to be an exemplar you aspire to match or even surpass one day.) I don't want a partner who feels they are sacrificing their personal enjoyment in RPing with me, nor would I seek the same myself. To that, that isn't RPing, but an exercise in wasting or flat out killing time; and time--both mine and your own--is too valuable to kill or waste.

...Well, enough of that faldoral. If you’re interested in an RP, PM me.
    Last edited by QuietDreamer; 12-04-2011 at 04:44 AM.

Background NPC
    Bump; made changes.