Login to your account

Thread: The Skyrim Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If you love the special kill animations, wait until you start decapitating people. There's nothing like taking out three or four enemies all stylish like, and then on the last guy, spinning around and lopping his head off with a single swing.

As for my update, I've hit 100 enchant, and I have all of my dragonscale armor in god mode. Here's a short list of the bonuses I get now:

120 (or more) health
    120 (or more) stamina
    40% resistance to magic
    37% resistance to fire and electricity damage
    80% increase in one-handed damage
    40% increase in blocking effectiveness
    40% increase to archery damage
    20% increase to alchemy

Not only that but I have an armor rating above 700 with a full set of armor, and above 600 if I don't use a helmet. Damage protection from armor caps off at the late 500's (can't be assed to find the exact number), so I'm always getting the 80% reduction to damage thanks to my armor. I've pretty much turned the game into a joke with this set of armor, and only one enemy even came close to getting me to half health. It was this old dead Dragon Cultist Nord named Rhogad(sp?), who was shooting fire everywhere and had a bunch of minions for me to fight. Admittedly, I wasn't fighting very smartly, because I knew I was now a giant damage sponge.

If anyone wants a tip, get enchanting to 100, get smithing to 100, and then enchant some clothes, boots, braces, a ring, and a necklace with "fortify smithing", and you'll be able to make "nearly" any armor set hit the damage protection barrier. This means you can use any applicable armor (you need to be able to upgrade it to "legendary" status) and have it be just as good as dragon or deadra armor.

Oh, almost forgot, my glass sword killed a Dragon in four power strikes without enchantments.

Speaking of Dragons, I fought two in a row again. First was a lame normal dragon that went down super fast (before I made my gear all super), and the other was an Elder. Now, this was no ordinary battle. At first it was pretty normal. I shot some arrows at it to get it plop down and fight me like a... man-dragon thingy. Then it soared back up, and did it's dive bomb attack, where he sort of skids across the ground. This is where it got weird. The dragon just flew right into the side of the mountain I was on, and the animation of the ground deforming still played out right under my feet. Knowing that the game just screwed up big time, I rush over to the edge, and see the dragon just climbing on the side of the mountain. This wasn't animation climbing, but rather it just spazzing out on the rocks, and standing in the air. At one time it was even doing flips and fighting me upside down or sideways. It was pretty damn wild, and I was forced to sort of scale down the side of this steep ass mountain just to fight it, and then all the way down after it's rag-dolling corpse. I actually died once while doing this, as I fell to far, and upon reloading I got the same exact results with the Dragon flying face first into the mountain.

If anything, Skyrim is pretty damn consistent in wanting me to see some wild, glitchy stuff, and for that I thank it!

I used to talk about Skyrim....but then I took an arrow to the knee.

*takes and arrow to the knee* MOTHERF-