There are a lot of reasons I will not join a roleplay. Mostly it is because I do not think I have the time, or I don't think I fit their standards (this happens a lot).

Though, more often than not I will hit that back button if there are a lot of rules/things I am supposed to do. Really? I have to keep track of all of that? It makes me afraid to join. What if I do something wrong? It also makes me think that instead of a roleplay they would rather it was their story. It's kinda hard to explain.

If there is a word goal. No no no, I roleplay for fun and when I have time! I don't want to have to make sure I wrote just the right amount of words for this roleplay! Sometimes I can write a lot, other times I cannot. And why should I fill something that doesn't need to be 800 words long with extra fluff just to pack more words in there? It seems unnecessary.

When the plot or background is very very long I probably will not want to join either. Again, it seems more like it should be a story than a roleplay.

And then there are the characters. I usually read a bit of the roleplay before joining, and if there is a character (doesn't necessarily have to be a Mary-Sue) but if they're blushing and being embarrassed at people they just met I kinda steer clear. I just. I don't like it when other people like my characters when they don't know them. I mean they've spoken maybe five words to each other. Are they going to assume my character should like them too? I don't know. BUT this is also probably because I generally dislike roleplays that are centered around romance.

Though some of these things annoy me, if I have the time I will usually give it a chance if the GM seems very nice and patient. Then I am less worried about making goofs.