Login to your account

Thread: Howdy All

Howdy All

^_^ Just thought I'd make an introduction thread and say hello. *waves* I'm from Mene, as I'm sure all of us are. Found this place through someone's signature... Not sure whose.

Anyways, a part of me wants to be all mysterious and not tell you who I am on Mene. But then I got to worry about feeling sad when no one knows why I'm being all super friendly to them. What a dilemma, eh? Perhaps, I'll be a shadowy sort for now and just give out some basic info.

I'm 100% female. Or so I was last time I checked. I'm not new to RPing but I've been slacking for awhile now and want to get back into it. This username isn't the same I use on Mene. But it's one I think is cute and am tempted to have my mule's name changed to. I'm in the USA. My hobbies include surfing the internet, playing games, reading, writing, drawing, listening to music, and hanging out with my friends.

Howdy, howdy, Saccharine Charm.

I know all about wanting a little bit of a fresh start on a new site. I'm "CK" over on Menewsha (as you may have gathered) and it was probably my signature you saw the link in. :3 "Maneki Neko" is what I call most of my threads over on Menewsha, so I figured I'd be "identifiable" as "myself" and have a more exciting screen name than just "CK". xD

So keep the mystery for awhile - it's fun! You can always greet particular people who've made their way over and let them in on the secret. Then it's totally like a spy network. Spooky.

Looking forward to seeing you around the site. :3 Let me know if you have any questions. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Hey, CK... I mean, Maneki Neko. ^_^ I believe it was your signature. And you know, I knew that your username was familar but couldn't place it. Now I can.

I think I will. *dons spy suit* Oh, and this makes me want to do a spy RP! Thank you for that bit of inspiration. I'd have to wait for E3 to be over before I work on it. Got to stay up to date on all that fancy technology. LOL

Shall do. I like the idea of this site. And it looks so clean, neat, and professional.

Maneki Neko is the Japanese (and Chinese) "lucky cat". :3 It's so kitschy - I love the silly waving cat. :3 So you might have seen the term before online (or in one of my threads on the site. ).

E3! How cool! When you get back, you should make a thread in Skull Session on any rp-related games you see there. Have fun. x3

And - awesome! Spy rpg! Spy games are great deals of fun! I wish I could wave the, "I'll be there!" flag for you, but between playing in Knerd's game, role-playing with a friend off-site, and working on WTF and Menewsha, I can't promise I'll have the time for it. (But I'll certainly check it out. >_>)

I've been really lucky having Insomniac, Alxjvr and Yantato help me out with it. :3 I know I'm on my own once the basics are in place, but it's totally worth it to have a site that attracts players and makes it easy for them to play, rather than cobbling together something based on more limited features/rules. >_>
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Actually, I didn't know that was the Japanese and Chinese words for the lucky cat. But I've seen those cute kitties before. I really need to get one!

Sadly, I'm not at E3. But watching it on TV and reading up on it. It would be cool if I could go. There is next year though. If I can afford to travel that far.

^_^ This will be my first one. And please do stop by! It would be so cool to have at least someone reading it.

*nods* It is very nice of them to help out. And I beat you'll be a pro at it. You do a great job at Mene and I think that helps with running this.

I'm not sure if it's also the Chinese word for it, but I do know it's the Japanese word for it. :3 I just know the "lucky cat" is also popular in China. :3 (I'm not sure about other Asian countries.) I collect them. xD I'd have a much larger collection of them if I weren't so picky! >_>

Aw - that's not quite as much fun! But researching E3 is still fun. xD I checked it out to make sure they covered the types of games that would still have "RPG" related content (I thought they did, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't confusing it with another gamer convention.) I had to hurry off pretty quickly because of how often I hear about upcoming games and get excited about them and find out they're not on a platform I have/intend to have or they crash and burn before getting all the way through production. >:B So frustrating! But you can still write-up any game they preview that you're excited about, as long as you can justify that it is "RPG"-related. (I was justifying to myself while watching a Soul Caliber V preview that fighting games could be considered to be "RPG-related" because they tend to have a strong storyline and playing solo reveals their backstories and how well you play often determines their fate...)

Absolutely. xD I can't always play in all the games I'm interested in, but it's easier to find a few minutes to read over the information provided and get excited about them. xD

Aw, thank you. :3 It will help having as much experience as an AA as I do. I don't have to look up near as much about the Admin Panel as I would otherwise. >_>
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Nothing wrong with being picky. I've seen a few that looked like they were a rushed production and cheaply made. If I get one, I want it to look like it was lovingly made.

That it is. I'm stoked about some of the news coming from E3. Devil Survivor 2 <3 And I'll probably do that. RPGs are my main playing choice. And fighting games that do have somewhat of a storyline are RPGese in my book. And when you think about it, most every genre can be RPG-related due to a story or some other element. Even Midnight Club: Los Angeles!

Same here. I always love to read a good RP that's going on.

That's good. I've only seen the Admin Panel of like 2 sites. xD Neither got past like 100 members though. And those looked kind of not fun.

Yes. :3 And being picky can also keep a collection down to bearable levels (in size and expense). I'm kicking myself a bit for not picking up a maneki neko figurine I saw when I was down in Florida, though. I decided not to because I was also asking my parents to buy a pair of thai wrap pants for me (I'd left my wallet back at the place we were staying because I'd been rushed into leaving and, hey, I wasn't driving, so it slipped my mind). Even an extra 4 dollars seemed entirely too selfish. But now that I look back on it... four dollars for something that was really nice quality! Rats. :B Oh well. xD

I'll have to look up Devil Survivor. :3 I've not heard of the series, but just from the title it sounds like something I'd be interested in. ::laughs::

But, yes! As long as a game can justifiably be considered to have "RPG" content, it's fair game here. And with good reason, since many of the games would be something someone would want to roleplay with someone else. (Though, who knows. Maybe someone would want to make a Tetris rpg. I'd.... really like to see that, actually. Wouldn't expect it to happen, though. ::laughs:: )

If things were just always labeled and organized logically, it wouldn't be so bad. xD Unfortunately, it's often organized in ways that make sense to a coder and not so much the average person. >_> (No offense any coders that may read this.)
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

*dies from all the words disappearing* x.x

Anyway, I hate when that happens. I've done it myself countless times.

I recommend it. It's going to be a DS and 3DS title. Which consoles do you own so I can tell you about some of the other great titles by Atlus? I openly admit that I am an Atlus fangirl and own quite a few of their games.

A Tetris rpg, you say? That would be something different, lmao.

And different people organize things in a different order. *nods* I think that's where an universal order would work wonders. But I don't think even the government is that organized. xD

D: It's too bad you didn't accidentally hit "Save Draft" by mistake... but you were probably using Quick Reply like I generally do if I'm not going to format a post. D: Hate it when that happens too. ._. I have lost piles of things that way and is why when I'm writing up something really important, I try to use "Go Advanced" so my cache will keep a copy of most of it. :x

Atlus is a company I know and like! Though for the life of me I can't think of a single game off the top of my head that they produce. >_>;; /lame

I'm fairly limited in what I own right now. I generally play PC, Wii and DS games. I'd love a 3DS and will probably save up for one after I pay off my trip to Australia (I'll be going this July and have only paid off half of it so far. D: ) - though it'll depend on if a bjd company I love releases a doll I've been waiting for before then. <_<; They only release the dolls a few times a year and I've missed out on the last two releases. >_<; /off-topic rambling

It would, wouldn't it? I have no idea where someone would go with it. I'm sure it's some subset of "Rule 34". If it exists - there must be fan material for it. xD I'm almost certain I've seen Tetris fanfic before, so it only goes to follow... :'

Nothing is that organized! Forums are probably more organized than governments. LOL.
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

I know! But that would have made things too easy for me.

I can name off too many of their titles. xD Shin Megami tensei: Strange Journey, Knights in the Nightmare (haven't played it yet but do have it), and Devil Survivor are the DS titles I can name off. I own more of the ones for the PS2/3/PSP.

I actually own quite a bit of consoles and all. o.o; I got those you mentioned plus the PS3 and PSP. I wasn't too sure about a 3DS but there's some titles I'd love to get. And bjd is ball jointed dolls, right? I would love to own one but between my money going towards my gaming addiction and not having a place to keep a collection, I've just stuck with admiring them.

I've seen one or two fanfics for Tetris but avoided them. I would hate to want to unsee something that those creative minds could come up with. xD

I would not be surprised by that.

Oh ho. I went to the Atlus website and had a look at their games.

Radiant Histora was a game that was particularly recommended to me, so I (ahem) "have" it, but haven't yet played it. And of course there are the Persona games which I am pretty certain I'd love, but they don't come on any of my systems. >:B Etrian Odyssey is a series I've played a lot of and love. (I almost guessed that was the game series I was most familiar with, but I didn't want to look like a numpty by saying it wrong. xD ) I'm having a look at "Catherine" and am so sad it'll not be on anything I play. >:B It's always the way!

I used to have a lot of game systems, but keeping up with them all gets expensive, and I tend to go on a lot of trips and of course there's my bjd hobby, so I'm just sticking with the game systems that I know are "worth the investment". I bought the original xbox and played it maybe twice. Had Playstation 1 and loved it, but the Playstation 2 died shortly after the warranty expired and I never upgraded to 3. Played the GameCube more often, but by the time I got one, they were gearing up for the Wii and I just ended up not getting very many games for it. I actually wasn't even going to get a Wii since I've been moving away from consoles after my experiences with the others, but after having played the Wii at my brother's house, I knew it'd be something I'd play pretty frequently. (Well, I've been playing my fitness type game regularly. I've only played Harvest Moon once and minigames games a few times. I'll probably borrow more of my brother's games, but I know games like "Epic Mickey" aren't going to be something I enjoy because they take so much time and attention.)

Yep! BJD = Ball-jointed dolls. :3 I have a few. You're totally right about storage. ._. I have an SD (a doll approximately 60cm - mine is 65cm, I think), a "small SD" (54cm, if I recall Zaoll Luv's measurements correctly), and two MSDs (dolls around 45cm). I have/had another SD sized one, but I learned that big dolls are a bit difficult for me (though I don't "dislike" the size), so I'm half-heartedly selling him off. I'm going to get two more MSDs and then most likely confine my collection to animal "tinies" after that. Luts Zuzus and Dear Mine kitty dolls are super cute. >_> And I can just stick them on my bookshelves to get them out of the way. <_< It's a rather expensive hobby and I feel sort of silly sometimes for having a "thing" for them, but there's such a thrill in seeing your characters in 3D that's on a different scale than the thrill I get drawing them or seeing other artists draw them. And setting up photoshoots can be a great deal of fun. xD; I at least console myself that their value remains fairly high as long as you keep them in good condition, so it's not completely ridiculous. >_>;

YES! LOL. There are some things one shouldn't intentionally expose themselves to. xD
    Maneki Neko
    - Erasmus Darwin

Radiant Histora and the Etrian Odyssey series are games on my "to-own" list. And the Persona series (well, all the games that fall under the MegaTen series) are great. I've played all of them except for Persona 2: Tsumi which is coming out for the PSP this year. And I'll have to let you know how Catherine is. xD I pre-ordered that as soon as I could. *getting the Deluxe edition*

That is true. Gaming is an expensive hobby. I do think that if you are able to, get a PS3. But if you do that, look for one with the backwards compatibility. It will run a little more but I think it's worth it. That's the one we got. And had to ship it off to Sony once due to the laser on it. And sadly, I haven't played my Wii as much as I'd like. Been mainly playing the DS and PS3.

And I don't think it's silly at all. If I had my way, I'd still collect Barbie dolls. Which was a thing passed down from my mom. She was a huge collector. *thinks back to the nearly 500 Barbie and porcelain dolls of her mom's* I also have to worry with my kids. They still don't seem to understand that there are things that belong to me that shouldn't be touched.

It's as bad as reading the facebook chat of that Weiner guy. Which I did since my curiosity got to me.