Login to your account

Thread: Video Game Discussion!

Video Game Discussion!

Exactly what the title says, a discussion on video games is what this thread is about. Fell free to talk about any type of game that you like.

I have a question for my personal gain, I wanna know which Harvest Moon game would be good to buy it must be for the DSi or PlayStation 3.
    I know I don't like the Melody one that is like the gamecube/wii version of it. My bro got it and I tried it on the Wii, it didn't capture my interest at all.
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

Gaining a Reputation Michael Cra's Avatar
    Never played Harvest Moon Sorry >.> but i have been playing Dark Souls unbelievably a lot #_#

I've only played Harvest Moon 64 and Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life. So I'm not of any help.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Rune Factory 2. Very fun game!
    I haven't beaten it yet though... ><;

I have been neglecting gaming recently due to my activity on here, and otherwise being swept up in drawing. I've had to help my brother work on flyers for his shows recently.... BUT.

I am excited for some Skyrim.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

I played inFamous the other day. The game is a sandbox like game. I'm playing as a good guy. Y'see that game has a Karma system where good actions makes the world better while evil actions makes it worse. I thought I was almost done with the game but I'm only 1/3 though. Felt a bit dumb.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Been playing a little Dirt 2 by Codemasters since I love Rally sports in general. And it's really challenging.

Excited for the release of Saints Row: The Third! Can't wait for it to come out in a few weeks...

@Michael Cra; What gaming system do you play on for Dark Souls? For some reason I'm thinking it can be on either Playstation or xbox but I could be wrong. and I do plan on buying an xbox sometime next year which Dark Souls seems to be an interesting looking game but I haven't heard much on it.

@Xavirne; Harvest Moon 64 was awesome I wish I could still play it! I so wish it'd come on to the DS systems. I think Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life is on the ds... but I'm not sure... haven't looked into it in a few months.

@Schizophrenic; I so wish I had the money to get Skyrim when it comes out... I so want to play it. Run Factory isn't exactly what I'm looking for... I have the first one and it's close but not exactly what I want.

I like the farming games... I love the ones back from the GBA and GB systems of Harvest Moon. I'm old school like that.. man I even miss playing Pokemon Red... I guess I'll have to dig out my GBcolor (or maybe GBA) along with it and replay it sometime soon even though I haven't beaten Black yet.

Although my go to game is DragonAge Origins and DragonAge 2... even though I've beat them both multiple times. Not that I can ever side with anyone but the mages in DragonAge 2 and thats not just because I play a mage either. Although I'm more likely to play rouges instead of mages now.

The came I can't wait to play and for it to come out is Diablo 3... It seems so awesome... I'm gonna have to make sure to get a wonderful desktop or alienware laptop before I get it though just so I can play it all pretty like. So as long as my new desktop can run the sims 3 with expasionpacks for a week without blowing out the video card, I think it would prove to be a good computer for Diablo 3... which if they don't make it all pretty too then what they heck have they been doing for the past three or four years since they announced that they were making it.
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

Gaining a Reputation Michael Cra's Avatar
    BoredNeko19 I got it for Xbox 360 and its really fun but it really hard at times.

Soooo.... how many people had the Skyrim cold on Friday? There were a couple of people at work who were thinking about calling in sick to play. (They didn't, but it was a serious consideration.)

Skyrim! Skyrimskyrimskyrim! Playing as a Nordic warrior with the power of dragons in a vast winter world makes me smile in so many ways.
    " I am the bone of my sword
    Steel is my body and fire is my blood
    I have created over a thousand blades
    Unknown to Death, Nor known to Life
    Have withstood pain to create many weapons
    Yet, those hands will never hold anything
    So as I pray, unlimited blade works. "

Oh the midnight release was riddled with twelve year olds this time, mainly because it was Veterans Day the following morning so they didn't have school. But damn, it was packed!

I'm loving my dark elf.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Saints Row: The Third ftw!

I need to get a copy of it as it totally makes fun of COD and Battlefield. It has a UAV from COD and a jet of sorts like what Battlefield has. It's a good game...

Beat Saints Row: The Third the other day. It was overall a good experience, but far shorter than Saints Row 2. In fact, I'd say the entire game wasn't as good as Saints Row 2, but that's not to say it wasn't fun. There are a couple of really lame plot points, and none of the villains really stand out.

The game is all about doing a bunch of really cool things, but along the way it forgets about the narration. The way the story is told is amazingly choppy. You start a mission, go to the location, get a brief cut-scene, clear the mission, and then you get the cleared screen; most of the time you don't get a cut-scene that shows the results of what you've just done. The most you get is an occasional "mini-mission" where you go to a location and then get the cut-scene. Even then it's all very curt. What this hurts the most is the characterization, which was one of the finer points of Saint's Row 2. Nearly every character introduced in Saints Row: The Third is interesting, vibrant, and entertaining. I can't think of a single character from the cast that I disliked, or thought was better of on the drawing table. However, you never really get to see them shine, or be utilized in an impactful way, because of the choppy, curt story telling.

There isn't too much to be said about the game-play mechanics. It controls like silky sheets on a sexy, smooth body. Aiming is precise and natural feeling, and the character moves around very well. I don't remember myself being frustrated with the camera either. Melee feels good and brutal, and the melee weapons are all entertaining. It's all very solid, but it doesn't really innovate anywhere, which is perfectly fine. As good as the gun-play, mass murdering, and crazy driving is, the graphics are a mixed bag.

From the outset you will immediately notice two things: Somewhat exaggerated art-direction and well crafted, busy, detailed environments. It seems like every notable inch of Steelport is teeming with little details to really make the city come alive. There are billboards for shops (and the Saints), various items in the windows of buildings, and just a bunch of city-like items scattered about the sidewalks and alleys. The interiors of many of the buildings are very well designed, and look as though the folks at Volition, Inc. went the extra mile in making it look like a real place, where real business is done. That being said, to praise the game for the amount of stuff they've jam packed into the environments, the technical aspect of the graphics doesn't always shine. The character models "can" be down-right ugly.

Volition, Inc. took a more cartoonish direction of the character models, and while sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. The biggest offense is the character Shaundi. A fan favorite and generally considered attractive by players of Saint's Row 2, her appearance took a nose dive in the latest installment. She doesn't even look like the same person, and it's all thanks to this new art-direction. The heads are wider and shorter, so the eyes are placed further apart. This makes it much more difficult to create a "realistic" look for the characters. As someone who enjoys taking a great amount of time to use character creation tools to mimic characters from other games, or even real life, it becomes painfully apparent that such things are not feasibly possible. So, when they took the characters from Saints Row 2 and modeled them for Saints Row: The Third, their facial features changed. Gat looks somewhat similar, Pierce looks similar (it's an ongoing joke that he doesn't matter anyway), and Shaundi might as well be a different character-- it almost feels like you're dealing with an entirely different cast of characters, and this includes the Boss. If it wasn't for Pierce's personality, you'd swear this was a different group of Saints.

Overall this is a game to be played for the crazy, off the wall, insane crap that can happen. The humor is still there, although not as good, but in this tittle they've really taken the "art" of murder and destruction to a new height for the series. As I skipped through the credits, I knew I had a good experience, but it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be.

Nameless NPC
    I've only played Harvest Moon,its really fun online games for free. Dot not check my mmorpg site, which are all free to play online browser games and rpg games.
    Last edited by kikimi; 12-31-2011 at 08:44 AM.

I just got my 3DS today and my god is it amazing.

Though it may give eyesore...it's really really awesome. I played ARGs in the kitchen of my face. Everything is amazing. I love it!

I got Super Mario 3D Land it is like 2D mario but more awesome.