Login to your account

Thread: Greetings and salutations!

Talking Greetings and salutations!

So… Aren’t icebreakers always awkward?
    Anyways, you can call me Terminally Capricious, TC, or Stars, as well as whatever other nickname you care to use. Clearly, I’m new, and for once in my expansive time on the internet I thought to myself, “Oh, I’m joining a new site! Maybe this time I should actually introduce myself”, and thus, here I am.
    I’ve been roleplaying for about six years now, and I’ve tried a couple of different sites. A friend suggested this site, and I thought it was worth a shot. I mostly do one-on-one roleplays (Bad experiences with groups falling apart have caused this preference), often with a pairing/romance theme. Which is not to say I don’t like other themes, I do anything from horror to humor, but usually with romance in it too. Also, I’m mostly used to doing fandom roleplays. Again, I do other things too, but Fandom roleplays tend to be my favorites.
    Now that that’s out of the way, I did have a question for anyone who might be reading; does this site have a lot of fandom roleplay? I didn’t notice much when I first looked into the sight, but I thought I might not be looking in the right places, as my friend mentioned something about a lot of anime ‘groups’.

That is my favorite way to start a hello ever!!! It makes me love you.

Wow, looks like you've got some experience, that is always good! I am a big fan of romance as well, it always adds some extra fun to any game dynamic! We have a vast amount of one on one search pages here, lots of ideas to choose from, different minds to work with. But make a page yourself if you have any specific ideas you are eager to try out, we love love love to hear them.

So far, we do not have a LOT of fandom roleplay. But that isn't to say we don't have any at all. I have recently seen a lot of users who are interested in it, and we have a few games all over the site but do feel free to make your own interest gathering thread. It always brings the fans out of the floorboards. Groups are a totally different thing though, those are like fan pages where we talk about what we like, which goes to show we do have a lot of members who are big fans of things like gaming and anime.

I hope that helped in some way! Anywho, I'm Schiz... feel free to drop me a line anytime. I love to chit chat, answer questions... whatever.
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 10-25-2011 at 02:03 AM.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Thank you very much! It’s nice to finally know what groups are.

I suppose I'll just put my ideas out there and see if I can lure other fans to me. Setting up a page sounds like the thing to do at this point, thank you for the suggestions. Even for someone with some experience, a new site is always a bit daunting. Hopefully I can figure out what all these new buttons and options are about.

Imma cally ou Termi... because it looks and sounds cool. XD

Totally throw up your fandom ideas. I know there are quite a few active people on here that might be interested in doing such a thing. If all else fails, recruit more people! Ha ha ha.

Also, is that... America? It has to be. It looks just like him. The burger gave it away. I'm a Prussia fan. Cosplayed as him a few times. :3

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Whatever floats your boat~
    I'm sure I'll find something eventually... or drag my usual roleplay partner onto the site. Either works. XD
    Yup, that's America. I'm a big fan of Hetalia, I cosplay as America and I'm working on an Australia Cosplay as well. It's been my favorite series to roleplay for a while now. c:

I guess I need to get back into watching the anime. I saw up to episode... 24, I think. XD

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Hello and welcome!
    I'm running a fandom group roleplay, CSI, in case you're interested. Besides that I have some experience of roleplaying fandoms. Will be interesting to see your suggestions.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

To Xavirne; You really should, I really enjoyed Hetalia and have watched the first two seasons.
    To Brook; Sounds like fun, but unfourtunately I'm not too familiar with CSI. I've already put up a 1x1 search thread with the fandoms I do, but I haven't put any full plots out yet, I want to see what fandoms people are interested in before I type the specific plots up.
    Last edited by TerminallyCapricious; 10-26-2011 at 04:26 AM.

I think a lot of people are interested in fandom roleplays, but they either get distracted by original universes, or hold out for a particular fandom that no one here is either interested in or has the time to play. xD; So there are people there, it's just a matter of if you can find a partner interested in the same thing as soon as you'd like to. :3 When we have more active users, this should be less of a problem - but people will give up too easily if they don't find what they want to play right away. xD

In any case - welcome to WTF RPG! I hope you do find exactly what you're looking for as quickly as you'd like. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Merci~!
    That makes sense, considdering that this seems to be a fairly new site. I'm sure I'll find something to occupy myself with until more fandom roleplayers join, if worse comes to worse.
    Until then I can just work on developing my OCs. They may be built for fandom Universes, but I'm sure I can adapt them.

I have to admit, fandoms don't do it for me. I don't mind original characters set in existing worlds or genre fandom, but for the most part I sort of steer clear of straight up fandoms. I think mostly because they tend to lean into things I have no interest in and when it is something I am interested in I always feel like I can't do justice to the existing characters.

Anyway, welcome. I am sure if you start up some of your own RPs in fandoms you enjoy you will find people willing to join. Especially if you enjoy anime- there seem to be many anime/manga fans here (myself included, but see above on the fandom thing).

How funny, my favorite part of fandoms is using the characters. I usually prefer to invent my own settings and plotlines, and feel that using the characters from my favorite series is both interesting and challenging.

Thank you for the advice; I've already started trying to plan some 'games' as they seem to be called here, although the set-up of roleplays here is still new and confusing to me.

Well - don't be shy about asking questions if you have them. :3 We're happy to help. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin