Login to your account

Thread: I hadn't posted here yet... ?

I hadn't posted here yet... ?

Um, hello!

I signed up a while ago but was too scared to actually say hi, so I ran and hid behind a rock or something. >.<

I finally worked up the courage to pop in and say, hello, nice to meet you! ... I've been on the internet for at least 9 years and I still haven't gotten this whole "hi I'm new" thing completely worked out. xD

I am horribly, horribly rusty with freeform post-by-post, though I'm still getting some practice in with tabletop and basic LARP. Not any of the fancy renaissance fair stuff.

Maybe I'll work up the courage to put a profile up on here at some point. x_x But unfortunately I'm also going through a stage of "all my characters suck! nothing I create is good enough!". I'm hoping to work that out through force.

So hi!

Greetings and Salutations~!

Don't be scared of us, we love love love the newbies, but I may call you a mewbie... because you have a kitteh as your icon. xD More users should make a thread to introduce themselves, it lets us get to know you better!

And we will probably shoot you up with a good dose of confidence in your work, so we can play with you quicker!!

Anyway, feel free to ask me questions... lurk on my page until you finally get the courage to say "hi!" to me, or what not. I love making new friends~.
    Last edited by Schizophrenic; 10-20-2011 at 11:15 PM.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Hello! Meep. D:

I do like the term mewbie... I really wasn't sure what to have as an avatar and I have a limited selection of art on my laptop. xD So I just uploaded nyan-druid... ('Tis the WoW Troll Druid Cat Form)

I'm guessing there is a lot of variety in RPs here but I'm wondering what themes and settings are generally most popular? I shoot towards medieval fantasy or modern-day fantasy myself, I'm not sure enough in my scientific prowess to come up with the jargon required for sci-fi. xD Though I do love Doctor Who and Mass Effect, both as entertainment and as settings.

Why does your avi look like the poptart cat that poops rainbows?/I fail at life today, which is why this welcome is full of fail/

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

I drew a parody animation of the nyancat basing it off of the Cat Form of WoW's Troll Druids, but I never decided what it should poop instead of rainbows. Maybe trollfaces or mojo or voodoo or something. It's on my deviantART page (I'd link it, but the whole advertising thing... I don't want to break the rules by accident when I just started being active x-x).

Also, it's okay, we all have fail days. D: I hope you feel less fail soon.

Welcome to WTF. Hopefully you will be inspired by some of the awesome games around here and get over the character creation slump. I have that problem sometimes too. It usually takes a particularly interesting setting/game for me to get out of it.

I send inspiration jujus your way!

Anyway, welcome. I hope you find some nifty RPs to join in on.

Ah-ha! I knew it. >3 And I like being fail. It makes life simple. If I always fail, I never have to worry about failing any worse than I already am? Wow. That's confusing. I'm just going to drop the failing and move onto... FLAILING. >3

But, seriously! Welcome to WTFRPG.

- hangouts -

Thanks for the welcomes guys. ^^

I'm gonna have a go at putting a character in the pool, probably a werewolf character created in the World of Darkness setting that I'm trying to get myself enthused about before I end up using her and stuff.

Hope to see you guys around in RPs some time, maybe. xD;;

Oh I'm sure you will. I'm a roleplay whore. X3

- hangouts -

Hey, as a new person, I'm wondering if there's anywhere I can get someone to look over my profile(s) and see if they're good? o-o
    I saw the Mentoring forum but I'm not sure if it qualifies as something that would be posted there.

Welcome to WTF, hedjeroo! No need to be too shy here. :3 We're happy to welcome newbies (or mewbies, as in your case) and show them the ropes and answer questions they might have. :3

Speaking of questions, it doesn't seem like anyone saw this one:

Quote Originally Posted by hedjeroo View Post
    I'm guessing there is a lot of variety in RPs here but I'm wondering what themes and settings are generally most popular?
    Fantasy in general is extremely popular here on WTF. Often, the fantasy isn't exactly "stereotypical" in the sense of castles and princesses and wizards. There's generally some kind of twist on it. :3

Modern and Supernatural games are also very popular. School-based stories are also high up on the list (though they're not always schools in the traditional sense). And there are a surprising number of games that could be said to have Steampunk elements. :3

I'd have to guess that if I were to make the most "common" type of game on the site, without there actually being a game exactly like it available (that I'm aware of) then it would be the following:

In the Modern world, there is a School for special people with magic/super powers. Each of the students at the school has either a Fantasy or Supernatural background of some sort (they are ghosts, wizards, faeries, werewolves, vampires, banshee, zombies, dragons, etc.) The students have to keep their backgrounds and powers secret from the "normal world". Their school is located on a campus that looks normal on the outside and from the buildings above the surface. But the real school is located underneath the campus. The school is maintained by gremlins and fifinellas, accounting for its strong Steampunk theme. As such, one of the mandatory classes is Basic Mechanics.

Pardon my rambling. ;3

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hedjeroo View Post
    Hey, as a new person, I'm wondering if there's anywhere I can get someone to look over my profile(s) and see if they're good? o-o
    I saw the Mentoring forum but I'm not sure if it qualifies as something that would be posted there.
    That's definitely something the Mentoring forum is for. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Thank you!

I did notice the school RP seems very popular here. It's not something I've ever really tried, at least not seriously, but seeing as it's popular here I may have a gander and give one a go more light-heartedly. I have a character in mind for it if I do that might actually work.

Rambling is fine! ... Or so I'm told. >3> I'm guilty of it too occasionally. I assume it drives people bonkers.

Also, thank you! I may post my profile there to get some feedback. It being my first profile on here I don't know if it'd fit okay into everything, or whether I messed something up typing it all up, stuff like that.
    Last edited by hedjeroo; 10-21-2011 at 02:51 AM.

So, to be useful, I just wanted to let you know there really isn't a right or a wrong way to make a profile. If you just hop around and look at some of the billion profiles listed on here, you'll see that, for the most part, they are different. It really has a lot to do with personal preference and... time.

Some role-plays, you'll discover, have strict profile guidelines. As in, you have to set yours up in a certain way. For the most part, most profiles on here aren't that rigid. So long as you have the essentials - name, gender, looks - you're good.

If you want to see the popular roleplay genres, I recommend viewing the Tags option. I'd link it for you, but I'm on my iPad and it won't let me get that fancy. Instead, I'll tell you how to get there...

Click the "My Roleplays" tab at the top (or you could pick "Roleplays," "Character Pool," or "My Characters." But, location-wise, the one I suggested first is the most logical.).

After that page opens, you'll see the sub-tab bar. Notice the tab called "Tags," which is right belo the "My Roleplays" option. Click that and you'll see all the tags (genres and terms) associated with the various role-plays. Obviously, the large the word, the more times that tag/genre/term appears.

Hope that was helpful! :]

- hangouts -

Welcome! I hope you'll have fun here!
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"