Imagine for a second, a group of four roleplayers on a site much like this one get together and start to roleplaying. They all work hard equally to weave a complex and wonderful story with many interconnecting characters and many more bit characters to fill in the gaps. When they come to a time when they all feel like they can call it a success and look upon their work they find that they wish to share it with the world, so they all work hard once more to this time edit it into the form of a novel and proceed to publish it so that the world can see...

It's a concept that I have had rolling around in my head for years, a small group of roleplayers getting together and creating something like that. I couldn't really tell you how the logistics of something like this would work or anything as I know next to nothing about publishing or how well a partnership like this would hold up, however I do have ideas on how a group could develop a roleplay that would fit this method of writing.

I kind of wish that I could try it myself, but i don't know if I would have the courage to try and pull some people together to try. Not to mention that most roleplays I try to run end up falling flat. Even so, it still seems like it would be a pretty cool thing it it were to ever happen. After all, anyone who really loves to roleplay and works hard at it while they play is an author in their own right.

Tell me what you all think about it. Has anyone else had this fantasy?