Login to your account

Thread: Guild Wars 2 in-game RP?

Guild Wars 2 in-game RP?

IE, you RP with the characters you're playing. Guild Wars 1 had a lot of this, guilds set up specifically for RP. The nice thing about GW2 is that you'll be able to be in a different guild with each character, so you don't have to totally dedicate to one guild/RP guilds or RP all the time.

I'm not quite sure whether /I/ want to do it, but I figured I'd put the idea out there and see if anyone else is interested in it. I've always wanted to try it, and I'll be playing GW2 with some of my old roleplaying pals from NWN2 (where RP works a similar way, in chat style *does this* and all that) whose RP I really respect. Not quite sure if they'd be interested but our old RP server did die so we all do have an itch to scratch....

Guild wars got a mega-update? *gasp* I have most of the additional "worlds" for it, so this sort of makes me happy. I am all about games I only have to pay for once (or not at all).

I'm confused what you mean by mega-update. So, so very confused. xD

I'm referring to the sequel that's coming out probably early 2012, not GW1--though GW2 will also be a one-time fee. I've done some testing/played the demo for it a bit and it is going to be amaaaaaazing

Whenever an online game comes out that is 2 over 1 it is a mega-update of the game, instead of a regular update of existing material. At least that is what I call it. Like when the NIghtfall expansion came out- regular update. New platform for GW2 mega-update.

Well, I guess that's true. Just never heard it put that way. xD

Nightfall and EotN were pretty much the best things ever. Well, even if some RP doesn't happen (would need kind of a large group) I'll have to track you down and invite you to the guild my group and I will be making. : D

So come on folks, anyone interested? Anyone?

Utopes, in case you don't know much about the new game:
    -Can play different races, including Norn, Charr, Sylvari, and Asura
    -Non-instanced world, but it's set up so it encourages working together, there is no killsteal
    -Dynamic events, so things happen suddenly in the game and change depending on what you do (ie you're walking along and suddenly centaurs literally start attacking people on their own, instead of it being a quest you accept)
    -Everyone can take care of themselves for the most part--everyone can self-heal, defend, etc, but certain roles/skills are better for party/etc

Sorry, I'm just super excited.

RP dies on NWN2 alot now, I play NWN 1, lots more rp and character control is simpler
    Friendly Neighbourhood Gunsligner
    'Tag...you're it...*shoots*'

I will have to invest in some GW2. Looking forward to it in fact. Lots of nice sounding features. I just hope most of the hot keys are the same so I don't have to learn new ones.