Login to your account

Thread: Media Communcations: The Story of Progress

Media Communcations: The Story of Progress

I, Matt, am taking a course for my last 2 years of high school at this career school in which i'll be learning three basic programs and how to use studio equipment for television. The three programs will have me do work on my own and create many things depending on the program depending on the assignment. I will be doing this over the course of two years until I graduate. The three programs are: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign. The progress of my advancing skills shall be for all you to see.

So here i'll be bringing home my work on a flashdrive, getting the software to open it, capture a snapshot of the project/piece of work I have done. However this will mostly apply to Illustrator and not Photoshop.

Adobe Illustrator Works:

Adobe Photoshop CS5 Works:

TBD

Adobe InDesign Works:

TBD

Photographs:

I hope you all will enjoy my works of grapical design and give me feedback on how you think I can fix up any of them(Since i'm such a perfectionist).
    Last edited by APBCole; 11-08-2011 at 09:39 PM.

The page has been updated with work I have done. A photograph I had to take in class for getting used to a camera and taking good shots and a thing my teacher gave us an hour in lab to complete. This was free time to see how much we had learned from the book and as you can see..alot has been learned.

Did you come up with the idea? Or did the teacher assign you items to capture? I just noticed how well the yellow in the flame design works with the flower itself~

Also, is photography a new thing for you?
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

She assigned us a basic idea of what we needed to capture. She had flowers set out and and we could use the little fabrics as backgrounds for our photo. You noticed how well the yellow contrasts with the flame which is good even though the green is sort of the odd one out and much more noticable.

Photography isn't a new thing for me. I don't have a camera for photos but I do have a video camera and I have a good eye for a good shot. I intentionally had to do a bad one because i'm too good.

Also about the beach: The reason you see darker colors is due to the fact my teacher assigned us to make something using only cool/warm colors/monochrome/etc as a choice of our work. I chose cool colors since it was easier to work with. However, the beach towels didn't turn out as good as I thought but it should be common sense that they're beach towels.
    Last edited by APBCole; 10-01-2011 at 02:31 PM.

I should be posting in a short few days a Christmas Card which I am required to make in my lab. I still am working on it so it is not near completion but when it is, i'll use the snipping tool to get a picture of it and post the picture here of both the inside and outside.

Expect it by either Friday or Tuesday by the latest.