Login to your account

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NaNoWriMo!

Okey, but atleast now you've gotten some helpful info if you want to participate in the future

I will totally support everyone who participates in this. I know that it can be tough to keep going. If you are participating, ya'll should totally post what you've written in the Writing thread. I know positive feedback really helps motivate me when I'm writing as well as constructive criticism.

I was sort of hoping we could perhaps start some sort of nano-support group, you in?
    And thanks for the tip on posting it in the writing forum, you're right- positiv feedback really helps when you're doing nano.
    Especially if you feel like you're not sure about what you've written or if you get stuck (nano is like the worst time to get writers block! XD)

And without fail, about 2 weeks into Nano, writer's block sneaks in. Uhg. That is why i always outline before nano...just so if all else fails I can write something.

That it does. Somehow it always seem to sneak in when you need it the least!

Luckily, I got my story outlined already, a name for every chapter and what will happen in every chapter- scene wise. Unfortunately, those darn characters are begging me to start writing already and we aren't even close to november yet!
    Last edited by Impish; 09-30-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Reoccurring NPC
    I have a slight problem...mostly that I had a general idea of what I was going to write about, then I found an old piece of a short story that I never finished. The first idea is kind of convoluted and the second isn't entirely thought out but both are equally interesting to me at the moment, so I hope I can come to decision by November :P

Maybe you can weave the two ideas together into one?

Utopia has a good idea there (she's smart that one ;D). If you like them both as much and they can fit together, why not weave them together and get a story that you'll love?

Reoccurring NPC
    I had not thought about it before, just because the plots seemed so different from each other, but it might be possible. My last idea for handling this if I couldn't decide was to write 25K words about both plots, but I wasn't sure if that was technically in the spirits of NaNoWriMo.

Should be interesting, if nothing else? Do the two plots have the same genre or theme, or characters?

Sit down and make an outline for the stories and see what sort of elements they share or can share. Maybe take ideas from one and weave them into the other or cross over some characters. *shrug*

So, since we are only 18-ish days away from Nano starting (and since their forums have re-launched) I figured it was about time to see to it that this thread got some lovin'

Have you finished your story outline and chapter/event breakdown? Maybe gotten some character summaries/profiles complete?

I have a teeny bit left when it comes to my character profiles, mostly on my villain but other than that I'm good to go.
    I just want to give them more depth.

How about you Utopia?

I don't have time to participate this year. There is just too much going on- work, new baby, roleplays. Basically I made the decision to focus on keeping up my roleplays here instead of NaNo. I do try to write a little bit every weekend when I have a bit of time, but I don't think I will be able to hit 50,000 words writing on just the weekends. (Well, maybe I could...but likely not.)

I will, however, support and cheer on people who are working on it. Heck, if you post sections up on the forums here, I will even cheer and constructively critique.

The longest story I have ever written landed at 13 554 words. 50 000 words seems like a lot.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

I might need to add it's still a work in progress... I had planned to write some more to it but I got stuck and lost the interest.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Utopia; I'll put you down as a critic and supporter then ;D Right! I completely forgot about your baby- remember congratulating you though. How old is the sweetpea?

Brook; You'd be surprised Nano tends to bring out the competitive side in you. Plus, if you feel like you're stuck or can't get further there are sort of like word wars/prompts and a huge community of people in the same boat- more than willing to help
    I haven't met an unfriendly nanoer yet!

I can't remember if this is against the rules, and if so I'm so sorry! But since NaNoWriMo starts TOMORROW (oh my!), I figured it'd be good to get this thread more active.

So, those that are doing Nano this year, how are you? Nervous? Not so? Pulling your hair out? And what are you writing?

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    Gah! I wanted to join in, but I'm a week late! So I guess I'll still write my own novel anyway~ Only I won't rush~

ahh. I thought about doing this, but... ugh, so many days late AND no ideas. lol. but i'll be here cheering everyone on~

I'm also thinking about writing something but with an exam coming up... I dont think I'll get the time.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

How is everyone's novel going? Are you half way through your word count yet? After the first 25,000 the second half is a breeze.