Login to your account

Conversation Between onestar and Maneki Neko

8 Visitor Messages

1. Yeah. xD; It's actually happened to me twice with the same community (art related, not rp) and I just figured that it's safer for me to just leave it alone. Something always happens where I have to reorganize my life and when it's all sorted, I realize that I've been "ignoring" something to do with, y'know, deadlines (mailing out artwork). And then it seems like I'm being shady and so I mail it out or I *had* mailed it out. But twice now either the mail got lost, mis-delivered, stolen, or reported "not arrived" but actually was. I don't know which of the options it was, but when it happens twice you just kinda want to go, "The hell is up with this???" Anyway -rambling. >_>; Super tired today. xD;

I'm glad she did too. xD And I'm glad you left it open for users to contact you through the site. :3 Made it easier. And I think most people have either had real life rear its ugly head like that or have known it to happen to other people. And if the person is worth the effort (which you are) then it doesn't really matter how long you've been gone if it means having you back. xD

Don't know that you missed much other than my way extended trip and a few borks because alxjvr decided to play around with the live version of the site when tinkering rather than the development version of the site. >_>; Since he's been thoroughly educated now, it shouldn't happen again, at least. :B

Will stop assaulting you with words now. xD
  2. Thank you. D; It's good to know I'm not the only person who does that- cause I feel really super bad about it. But, I suppose it happens; real life can be a real jerk, can't it? I'm just so glad Tahiel had the initiative to message me or I probably (definitely) wouldn't have possessed the initiative to rejoin.

But again, thank you for your kind words! Everyone has been so nice about my sudden departure-then-return. I really missed this place so it feels good to be back- now I just have to undergo the arduous process of re-orientating myself until I feel like I'm in the loop once more. xD
  3. You posted to Svalentia and I just wanted to say that I know exactly - exactly - how that goes. :x

Probably not the same reason for a freak out and shut down, but certainly I know exactly what you speak in regards to feeling awkward about coming back. :x

I'm glad you came back. <3 I know you were missed. :3
  4. Naw, thank you. :3 I'm jealous of your painting skills. D: I work with markers and colored pencils (together) as my RL media of choice (coloring with the tablet is my favorite. I <3 u Undo button). Paints scare me. xD

Thank you. xD It's a few years old, but I call that style my "nu" style and it's fun to draw in. xD I was inspired by the I Dream of Jeanie opening style. >o< Colors are fuuuuuuuuuuunn~.

LOL. Same here, though! When our ISP dies, so does our cable and phone. xD Mom has to use our cell to call and say something and they pretend that they can't hear us because they assume we're calling on our landline. xD Bastrids.
  5. Well I certainly think the skill-base is there to illustrate games or books- particularly if you're actually better at drawing traditionally. Unfortunately, I've gotten used to the ease of tablet drawing- so when I go to paint with acrylics I'm all the time fretting because I can't undo something. It's good to be versatile instead of sequestering your talent to a single media, I think.

Also, I didn't know you drew her profile- it's sooooo pretty. Even if it does scar my retinas. XD

Oh no, no- that would be far too professional. You see, we live out in the boonies here son- if our local wireless provider goes out, so does our phone and television. I'm not even sure they really know what they're doing- I wish I could count the many times we've called them to have the tech guy repeat back, "Well, is your router plugged in? Are you sure? Oh, okay...um. It's construction...probably..."
  6. Not professionally, but on a semi-pro level, I suppose so. xD At least in that I've done several commissions for real life money and hope to illustrate my own games and books. :B

Also, thank you very much. xD The style is much easier to draw by hand. But I have better success drawing by hand anyway. :B Still working on making the style flow naturally for me, actually, since my normal stuff is either like that ROYGBI-V piece I have in my Academy profile or more comic/manga-y. Working on stubby cute animals is something I've only been practicing for a few months with any sort of seriousness. :B

I've probably been disconnected twice while replying to this. :P I think our ISP has someone bored at work who keeps playing with a switch they shouldn't and doesn't realize they're not supposed to touch it. :P Misery loves company, I suppose? :P You wouldn't happen to be using AT&T? >_>
  7. Thank you, thank you- but really I like your cats! Are you perhaps an illustrator? ouo

And I will share in that sulk of yours; my internet provider finds it funny to drop our signal every twenty or so minutes- usually when I'm in the middle of something interesting. D; ::revels in comfort food::
  8. *spam your profile* Freaking love those tea pics. LOL.

I would reply, but my internet connection keeps dropping out so I'm getting frustrated and sulky and eating pizza and drinking tea. ::share::
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8