Login to your account

Thread: Requesting help and assistance! [Non-WTFRPG related]

Requesting help and assistance! [Non-WTFRPG related]

As the title suggests, this will serve as a help thread. If you ever have any questions that you don't want to create a new thread for, you can just post them in here. Jump in and give advice as you see fit! Or load this place up with questions. I'm sure there are those of us that would love to help. :]
    Last edited by Xavirne; 09-22-2011 at 03:21 PM.

My cosplay dilemma.
    I can't figure out who to cosplay as for Halloween, Tora-con, and Otakon. This is my list of female potentials and this is the male list. I'm thinking about stealing a 'pawn' role in a human chess match, so I'd like a character that isn't completely useless. I'd also like a fun character. So someone who's not stiff. As far as 'special skills' go, I can't do back-flips or anything ninja-like, so that probably cuts the list in half.

I know this group is closed, but this will give you an idea as to what other people are planning on cosplaying as (I'm assuming you'll be able to view that link).

Oh, I should add that we're not supposed to have a million characters from one series. So let's say I do Naruto, I would have to have a fight that involves the Jiraya on the board.

Erm, side comment, I don't necessarily have to be on the board. In the past, we've had characters that wander off the board and interact with the audience. My friend was thinking Impmon would probably make a great character for such a thing.

Sooooo, if you were able to come to the chess match, which character would you like to see me as and why? Or, if you can't pick which I should be, tell me who I shouldn't be.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Oh, I forgot to mention. I need to have someone picked by Friday. Well, I need to have three female and three male options picked.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Jaunty Journeyman MoonKissedFlower's Avatar
    1. what is tora-con o.o
    2. i think impmon would be epic xD
    3. i totally need help constructing my costume for otakon D:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    "If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Hrm, personally, I have to say Lilith - The Siren from Borderlands.

She is one of my favorite characters (technically, all four are my favorite but boob-.. er, I mean, red hair > all, haha xD) from the game. Most of all, she's a badass with physic abilities. Who doesn't love a gun-toting chick?
    Last edited by relix; 09-22-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by relix View Post
    Hrm, personally, I have to say Lilith - The Siren from Borderlands.

She is one of my favorite characters (technically, all four are my favorite but boob-.. er, I mean, red hair > all, haha xD) from the game. Most of all, she's a badass with physic abilities. Who doesn't love a gun-toting chick?
    I love Lilith, obviously. I might use her for a video game convention my friends want me to go to. I already have a red wig, but it'll need some serious styling.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonKissedFlower View Post
    1. what is tora-con o.o
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonKissedFlower View Post
    2. i think impmon would be epic xD
    3. i totally need help constructing my costume for otakon D:
    Tora-con is the anime convention my college puts on. Here's a link to its website.
    Impmon would be so much fun. But that accent of his will be annoying to learn. XD
    Who are you going as?!!!!
    Last edited by Xavirne; 09-22-2011 at 03:44 PM.

- hangouts -

I think from the list of female potentials, it is obvious- Mononoke Hime is the way to go. (Though team rocket would be highly amusing.)

I'm going to give my top choice for both male and female;

Male - Watanuki!

He would be a fun and silly character to play. I would enjoy all the yelling and flailing and love-sickness that comes along with dressing up as him... so you probably would to. Plus he doesn't have any skill so he'd be easy to portray, he's good at whimpering in fear though.

Female - Rikku!

Because we were talking about this yesterday and I didn't even realize how good of a cosplay choice this is for you. She has your same cutie/quirky/sexy personality... and her fighting is mainly lots of hopping around. xD[

>>> But this was a really hard decision for me to make, especially since you had so many badass chicks I love and would love to see you as but they aren't exactly as "fun".
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Nuu can't view the chess linky I was going to suggest Quora first because I just saw the movie and liked her character- but she is kind of.. well, stiff. Huntress is totes cool! Or Selene

Quote Originally Posted by Schizophrenic View Post
    I'm going to give my top choice for both male and female;

Male - Watanuki!

He would be a fun and silly character to play. I would enjoy all the yelling and flailing and love-sickness that comes along with dressing up as him... so you probably would to. Plus he doesn't have any skill so he'd be easy to portray, he's good at whimpering in fear though.

Female - Rikku!

Because we were talking about this yesterday and I didn't even realize how good of a cosplay choice this is for you. She has your same cutie/quirky/sexy personality... and her fighting is mainly lots of hopping around. xD[

>>> But this was a really hard decision for me to make, especially since you had so many badass chicks I love and would love to see you as but they aren't exactly as "fun".
    LOL. Watanuki. I forgot I had him in there. XD He would be so easy to do, too. XD And I'm really good at whimpering, flailing, and being loud and annoying.

Rikku. Everyone wants me to do her. I need to start working out. Situps, here I come... x________x my abs hurt. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Impish View Post
    Nuu can't view the chess linky I was going to suggest Quora first because I just saw the movie and liked her character- but she is kind of.. well, stiff. Huntress is totes cool! Or Selene
    Yeah, I saw that, too. Stupid closed group. I really like Quorra, but... uhhhh... have you seen her outfit. It's like... ridic. The shoes she wears cost about $300. Not that I can't afford them and all, but still. Most. Expensive. Cosplay. Ever. XD

Selene would be fun. And I'd be a vampire. And wearing leather. >3

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Oh sh!t I forgot something...
    wrighwiophjgwiorhjw

Erm, I'm not allowed to repeat characters used from previous years (if I do chess that is). That means no... Mononoke, Team Rocket Grunt, and Larxene.

Since no one can see who's what for chess this year, here's the list...
    Lulu from FF
    Jiraya from Naruto
    Peach from Brawl
    Saber from Fate/Night Stay
    Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony
    Psycho Mantis - MGS
    Domon Kasshu from Mobile Fighter G Gundam
    Wheatly
    Female Ranma - Ranma
    Excalibur- Soul Eater
    Bridget from ???

Sailor Grell from Kuroshitusji
    Wild Tiger Suit & Kotesu - Tiger & Bunny
    Sakura Kinomoto- CardCaptor Sakura
    Albert Wesker
    Dante from Devil May Cry
    Gamzee Makara
    Judith from ???

- hangouts -

You could kick it old school and go with Nadia (or at least more old school that anything you've got):

Maybe Key the Metal Idol or Lain- both are pretty easy costumes.

Not sure I know who either character is. ^^; I tried to pick characters I know, so I'll know how to act when it character.

Also, that image didn't work for me. D:

- hangouts -

Hmm, I dunno why the image didn't work for you.

I am fairly old school in my anime/manga viewing. I still watch the new stuff, but some of it tends to be a might too frenetic for me.

A better link for Nadia: http://www.absoluteanime.com/nadia/nadia.htm. She is typically headstrong, stubborn and really opinionated about things. (the link explains her personality if you scroll down)

Soooooo, it's Kodak. They are blocking the images on that site. T.T So I still have no idea who she is and I can't even view absoluteanime. LAME lame lame. T________________________T

- hangouts -

Wow, lame...try googling Nadia Secret of Blue water.

Awwwwwwwwww! She's adorable. :3 I might have to add this anime to the list of animes to eventually watch.

- hangouts -

So these were the ones I narrowed it down to...

- hangouts -

My final vote is for the Siren. <3
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Stickin' with my previous suggestion as my final vote; Lilith the Siren. (: