Login to your account

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: [CONFESSIONS] Rants R Us

Haha! Poor, poor itachi.

Xavirne please don't quit roleplaying. I don't think you god-mod and I think you're a wonderful roleplayer.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    Xavirne please don't quit roleplaying. I don't think you god-mod and I think you're a wonderful roleplayer.
    D'awwwz. Thanks. To be honest, WTFRPG doesn't have the haters. It's these two other sites. I think I'm just going to quit there and ask if people want to RP with me that they have to come here (go me and my sly recruiting).

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

That is prettly sly, Xavi.

Rant for the day~
    Worrying about things that you really don't have to worry about. For some reason today I was cleaning and couldn't stop thinking about what if I wasn't able to have children. I KNOW. It's totally random, and a useless thought considering I'm far too young and impatient in my eyes to even think of kids. I called my mother and told her of my worry and she laughed, "You come from a father who could look at someone and they would be pregnant, and a grandmother who had a kid every winter for nine years... you are going to be fine." It was an amusing way to bring me out of my silliness.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Lol well then! XD that's special. And wow on the amazing fertility of your family. Least you don't have to worry about such things, right?

My phone works! Just some keys get stuck. But the fix is just moving to the touch screen if wanted. X3

My husband's family always had trouble having kids. But we are pretty sure it was the women in his family. WE decided to have a kid and BAM kid was there. My family, apparently has no trouble conceiving. I think my sister-in-law is jealous...really horribly jealous (she had to have a lot of IVF/fertility treatments...I think she is just too high strung personally). But, she hates me anyway so I don't much care.

Which brings me to my rant.

My in laws. I don't give two F**ks that they don't like me, but they treat my husband like the red headed step child. His dad is not a mean man, but he is just so damn insensitive and bloody clueless. The other day he told my husband that he basically didn't care about seeing his grandson, that it was his girlfriend that wanted to see him. (My husband's mom passed away six years ago now.) He said it in such a way that wasn't mean, but was just cruel because he honestly didn't realize what he was saying. He has always treated his son like this- like he barely existed. His sister is just one of those people who is condescending to everyone. She treats him (and me) like a child. When I see her doing it to him, I just want to reach out and bitch slap her self-righteous smile off her stupid face.

Wows, I gotta say I'm kinda jealous lol Not in the omg I hate you way, but wow, happy for you but wish I had that kind of luck too xD I've been married 6 years now and even though we've been basically trying, definitely no luck. I've a feeling the problem is with me (apparently there was supposed to be like no chance my father was supposed to have kids... yet he's had 3 now XD) and my myriad of medical issues. Ah well, on the upside, I keep getting to live my not-child friendly lifestyle (late nights and sleeping in XD)

Wow, so sorry to hear that about your in-laws Utopia. People like that infuriate me as well... I just don't get how they can be so damned clueless o.o I kinda got lucky on not having to deal with in-laws myself except for the bro-in-law who's a pretty cool guy. But their mother's a deadbeat who we've had to kick out and lost contact with after that, and his father's been absent his entire life until I got him in contact with him. That last all of maybe a year of an email here and there. Guess he just doesn't care to establish a relationship with his eldest son or something. *shrugs*
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

okay guys hello and ummm not really ranting just more or less stating that things aren't good for me right now and i am not going to rp anymore well not for a while so bye.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ameika View Post
    okay guys hello and ummm not really ranting just more or less stating that things aren't good for me right now and i am not going to rp anymore well not for a while so bye.....
    Whaaa! You can't just drop that bomb and not explain why!

- hangouts -

Like i said things aren't going good for me right now. There is only one comp in the house and it is my sister's laptop and she moved it isn't like i want to be on a haitus from rping i am being forced too.

Ahhh. That explains things a lot better. I thought you were quitting because of someone.

- hangouts -

Okay, so I just kinda discovered that I'm a failure. Two years ago, this adorable sweetheart joined the same club as me. Now this club probably only has 40 people in it so you would think it would be easy to talk to the guy. But no. Instead, I never really chatted with him. Just sort of watched from afar. I think I was dating at the time, so I wasn't that interested.

Anyway, fast forward two years. He's still adorable. He's still cute. He let me go all fangirl on him (for some odd reason he thought dressing as Izaya-kun was a smart idea). Even got to pose in a picture with him where I was practically kissing his cheek (it was kinda hard to not actually kiss him).

So, yesterday, I got to chat with him for a bi. Nothing big. Just the "why would you dress as him... you now I'm obsessed with him" questions and related matter. Well then, there was a party at someone's house. Originally he said he wasn't going to go. However, on our way to our cars, I had mentioned, "Awww, you should go. I'll actually be at this one." No idea if has any relevance, but he totally showed up... girlfriend did too...

Anyway, long story short, I want to get to know him better. We have similar music, game, and movie tastes (per what Facebook has told me), but the dude is taken. Can I really try to get to know him AND not fall for him. I really hate coming between people. I'm soooo pissed at myself for not talking to him two years ago. I can't say I would have fallen for the guy back then, but at least I would have known him for two years as more than just a pretty face.

Ugh. FML. Why is he taken.

- hangouts -

You know, it's cool that you want to move around and do shit while I'm sleeping. I totally get that I'm sleeping kind of early today and, yeah, I'm a pretty fucking light sleeper so I'll pretty much wake to any types of sound. BUT, BITCH, ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU LIKE, BANG THE FUCKING CLOSET DOORS, PULL LOUDLY AT CORDS, DO SOME SORT OF SHUFFLING THING WITH IDEK. AND THEN YOU PROCEED TO RUN AND DOWN THE FUCKING STAIRS. HELLO. WHAT THE FUCK? SOME OF US, AKA ME, ARE TRYING TO SLEEP. I HAVE TO STUDY TOMORROW. I HAVE TO GET THROUGH BORING ASS FUCK TEXT. AND ALL I ASK IS THAT YOU BE FUCKING QUIET. LIKE, ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Oh, you want to watch your drama? Oh, cool. I know, it's the ending, right? EXCITING. WELL, GUESS WHAT? IDAGAF... Also, since I'm already raged: I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL LIFE. I DON'T CARE THAT YOUR BOYFRIEND DOES X, Y, AND Z AND AKJGHJDKF. OKAY? MY BEST FRIEND DOES NOT CARE. CATCH A HINT. YOU ARE AWKWARD. YOU ARE BOTHERING ME. I AM TRYING TO FUCKING SLEEP (THIS POINT WILL BE REPEATED MANY TIMES AS I AM BOTH TIRED AND ANGRY).

Like, okay, whatever. You are in the honeymoon period — a'ight, I can dig it. But here's the thing: I still don't give a fuck. I won't give anymore fucks tomorrow than I did yesterday, okay? And, I can't believe you had the audacity to, like, tell me to wash fucking dishes. OMG. ARE YOU SERIOUS? I DON'T EVEN LIVE AT THE APARTMENT ANYMORE. I used one pot and one bowl, I set it into the sink — along with the 43y534yi53 other dishes YOU GUYS left. The previous times I went back to cook, I WASHED THE GODDAMN DISHES. how do I know this? B/C MY BOYFRIEND AND I MAKE SURE WE DO. THAT'S WHY. So, bitch, whatever, don't send me your messages about how: oh, i'm asking you nicely.

IF I YOU WERE ASKING ME NICELY, YOU WOULDN'T NEED TO TELL ME YOU WERE ASKING NICELY. And adding a 'lol' does not make the situation BETTER. If I told you I ran over your stupid fucking boyfriend and just said; whoops, lol. sorry. IT DOESN'T MAKE IT BETTER. GODDAMNIT.

P.S. you need to fucking stop crowding into my life. My friends aren't like you. THey're different from you in that they have different interests and hobbies. I invited them over ONCE b/c I thought it would be rude of me to NOT include you. And it's cool that you're going to his birthday party — really. But, you know why I hesitate to mingle my friends? BECAUSE I KNOW, JUST FROM KNOWING MY FRIENDS, YOU GUYS ARE NOT A MATCH FOR EACH OTHER. You guys can have a pleasant dinner. You will not be fitting into the birthday party. WHY?

B/C WE ALL DRINK. WE DRINK. WE DO CRAZY STUFF. WE ARE INTO STUFF YOU WILL NEVER BE INTO. FACT. OF. LIFE. That and we're all just NOT socially awkward, seriously. You think you can use me as a link to everyone at this party (you pretty much told me so when i said I might not be able to go to his party), but, hey, hey, I actually know these people and some of them I haven't seen since summer so.. no, I won't be coddling you. I hope you make new friends and join in with this group... some how. I really do. I hope you are and your boyfriend dont' feel left out, but, truth is, you guys probably will. You won't drink. You won't do anything that makes you feel self-conscious... ....

I am very raged. This might not even make sense, but I am so pissed. I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU SAW ME SLEEPING, BURST INTO HERE, AND CAUSE A FUCKING RUCKUS. dhfjskdhfsdj, imma cut a bitch.

that is all. goodnight. hopefully.

(i'll probably look at this tomorrow and be like:... wtf... but all is good...)

Okay so. This deserved a rant. Because that sounds really annoying... but seriously. The way you rant. I laughed a few times. Not at your expense, just because... you always make me giggle. ILY ❤

Haha, it's okay. I'm a little scared to go back and look at that incoherent piece of mess. But, ugh, I was just so angry that I went back online — had no one on aim to rant to ('coz everyone is studying, right in the thick of finals week), went onto Facebook and, for some stupid reason, my facebook has been changed to a Timeline layout — which I do not want. That pissed me off. So I was like:... what do you do when you are angry, tired, and have no outlet? Oh, you rant on message boards.

So that's what I did, lol...

God, I actually didn't manage to fall back asleep till around 12:30, but... at least I slept! There are some nights, where, if woken up, I just can't get back to sleep. :/

But, glad to be of service, lol.

Well then it's a good thing you fell back asleep. Otherwise you would have been an over-tired rage filled mess for another 24 hours. I have to mention I had a friend who adds lol to things when he is upset and being passive aggressive so that especially irks me.

Like, "Not like you'd care, lol."

Humble Farmer With a Sword Petrichora's Avatar
    I guess I'd like to rant a little. . .

So, I come back from college to find that all of my friends from high school now hate each other. Last year, they were all the best of friends, and now. . . Blah. So one friend (We'll call her Alice) and I decide to go to Denny's after a choir concert, and she said whoever wants to go can go. Now, Betty and Carl used to date, but they broke up which is probably why they hate each other now. Betty and Dianne were best friends until Carl and Dianne had sex after Betty and Carl broke up, so Betty and Dianne now hate each other. But they are all my friends, and they all like Denny's (we're choir/drama kids, so it's kind of a tradition.) Now, Betty, Carl, and Dianne all decide to go to Denny's. It's really awkward. (by the way, did I mention that before, Carl hated Dianne more than anyone in the world, and now suddenly they're best friends?) So, I'm in the middle of this. All throughout the evening, Carl makes snide remarks about Betty, saying things like, "I only like 70% of the people at this table."

Betty goes home and blogs about how much she hates the guy and how Carl and Dianne piss her off. Next day, Carl, Dianne, and Eddie (Dianne's twin brother) all post things on facebook about being on Tumblr and "thanks for nothing troll!" So, I'm seriously disappointed in all them for publicly posting such things (and I wrongly assume they are talking about Betty). So, I blog about all that's been happening, and I don't call them names or anything, just talk about how their behavior makes me sad. And then Dianne, who also used to be one of my best friends, decides to text me and tell me that they were talking about someone else. I apologize for my assumptions and immediately delete that blog post.

Then Dianne deletes me from facebook.

I'm not really upset about her no longer wanting to be my friend. I'd seen it coming for a while. We haven't exactly been close since before the end of school last year. I'd actually tried to distance myself because she started becoming an unhealthy relationship. I'm just disappointed that she would be so immature. And, I guess I'm disappointed in myself for posting this, but. . . I've bottled my feelings up for so long that I. . . I don't know. I just wanted to rant, I guess.
    Last edited by Petrichora; 12-23-2011 at 07:14 AM.
    While I was waiting. . . I ate your lunch.

When I went to college, my high school bridges were burned and turned to ash in a fiery blaze of glory. And...I find I am not at all bothered by it.

Friend drama really sucks and the way everything went down is kind of... like... lol, are you serious!? I can't believe Diane reacted so... dramatically towards what sounds like a very small and minor thing, lol.

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks that (redacted) is a total fucking idiot? — Like has some major downs?

I find that everything (redacted) does is mentally offensive. At first, I just thought that, maybe, I'm catching her at bad times/days. But, no. There is just NO excuse for the escalating stupidity I am forced to endure. And while the general idiocy is irritating (beyond irritating at times), the constant need for self-validation (or whatever) is even more ridiculous.

I cannot — absolutely cannot — understand why people insist on coddling her. I mean — okay, she has feelings. That's nice. Now tell me why should I even bother to give a fuck. Oh, because she'll be sad? LOL, LIKE I CARE.

(Redacted) is... I don't even have words to describe the incomprehensible frustration I feel for her. Not only does she get on my nerves, but everyone is under this awkward impression that she, as a person, fucking matters. Not to be mean or anything, but, bitch (to redacted), you need to get your fucking ass out of LA-LA Land and back into reality where, you know, the rest of us are.

So, sorry if I don't crowd around you, worship you, or do anything that pleases you. I can't bend my self-respect anymore than I already have (which is to ignore you as best as possible). Fuxing ho.

So angry. Can't even. But there's dinner now. So... this will have to do.

Humble Farmer With a Sword MarineViolet's Avatar
    Land of Rocks and Dust (the midwest United States)
    I'm going to rant for a little here. Ignore me if needed.
    DEAR GAWD THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?! WHAT HAPPENED TO BEING MY BESTIE?! Every FRIGGING time I ask for help, or I ask for advice, or for crap, or whatever, you go all OH WELP THAT SUCKS BUT HEY GUESS WHAT I WON'T HELP YOU UNLESS YOU CALL MY BF AND TELL HIM TO GET HIS ASS OVER HERE. I'm all HEY Can you help me out here, I really need support, that's why I texted/called you and she's all WELP THAT SUCKS NOW CALL HIM OH GAWD HE'S SO CHEATING ON ME. The hell is your problem? Does it look like I give a flying fuck what your BF does? Just because he decided to hang at a friend's house who is also female doesn't mean he's cheating. Also, THE ONLY FUCKING REASON YOU'RE DATING HIM IS BECAUSE YOU'RE LONELY YOU DON'T EVEN LIKE THE BASTARD. Why the hell should I care?

Oh okay, I get it, I'm being selfish, I'm your friend, I should help you out and shit. Okay, now what makes you think he's cheating on you? OH GAWD HE'S SO CHEATING I MEAN LOOK AT HIM HE HAS FRIENDS! FEMALE FRIENDS! Okay, so? SHE'S A GIRL! I got that. How does that make him a cheater? I NEVER SAID THAT FUCK THAT I DIDN'T SAY THAT. *twitch* Okay, so? CALL HIM DAMNIT!

I then stop texting, and it kinda drops off, and she gets on FB and goes OH GAWD JUST BREAK UP WITH ME PLEASE END MY MISERY and I'm all dear god woman you're clingy as hell. Then she texts me and says "He broke up with me" And I say Well that sucks NOW CAN YOU FUCKING HELP ME?!

Now, let me explain. This female and I have been friends for 4 years. We know each other like a book. However, I'm not her BEST friend, just a close friend. That hurts, considering I think she's my best friend, but I'm not going to say anything. Every time, I swear, every goddamn time I ask for advice/support, she gives me a "Oh welp your life sucks" and then bitches to me about some other problem. I mean, I understand I'm supposed to be there for her, but isn't that supposed to go both ways? Did I miss the memo that said "Never mind, you help your best friend, she doesn't help you." We're best friends, not therapist and patient. What happened to me being a human being with feelings? She doesn't seem to care. Every time I call, she's always busy with a friend yelling over the phone, and I start ranting and she says "Oops sorry gotta go call back later." EVERY TIME. HELLO YOU CAN'T ALWAYS BE BUSY.

Please, just please, for once, let me feel like I matter a little FUCKING bit to someone. Just once, I swear, I'll never ask again, please? Oh god, I swear, I don't even know why I'm still friends with her. She's the only person I've got, besides a few other people, but they already have best friends and I'm not sure if they like me or they're just pretending.

I was just asking for guy advice but HELL NAH no. ARGH. Pissed off. Can barely breathe. ARGHHH. *hiss*

Alright. Rant over.
    *is a filthy homestuck*
    Find me here!

This is a tiny rant;

I really wish everything didn't give me such anxiety! I don't really know how to address it, but one of the reasons why I hate working nights is because I constantly think about going to work until I actually get there. Like it's some kind of inevitable doom. Which it's not! I just have trouble getting other things done when I know work is coming. Even when I can probably get them done in the time span.

*long sigh*

Maybe I'll grow out of it.

When someone is a crotchety old hag - and get away with it, because she's old. If anyone else treated customers or other employee's like that, they'd be fired in an instant.

I can't flipping wait till I'm old and can be a jerk without worries of getting spoken to. >:I

I AM SO SICK OF GIVING EVERYONE MONEY!

Yes, I know I'm the only person in the family right now who has any money right now but I really can't afford to give everyone money all the time. Especially, when half of the reasons everyone needs money are ridiculous.

But really, this rant is about my inability to say no! Perfect example... I was just on my way to go wire some money to my mother who... always needs to borrow money. And on my way there - I stop at the atm. While at the atm... a weird guy comes up to me waving an empty gas can around telling me some nuts story about how his wife won't come get him so he needs twenty dollars for gas. Of course, i fucking give the guy money.

The worst part is, I feel like I'm not really helping them by giving them money. It's not like I'm loaning it, I know I'll never get it back. I'm only enabling them by saving their butts at the end of the month.

i want to go to sleep, but i can't. i have to take care of things that other people didn't. i have to review reports that should have reached my desk sooner than the end of the day, but, for reasons quite beyond me, didn't. irresponsible colleagues that shouldn't have gotten the jobs they do are given better pay, better benefits, and better chances simply because of the names they can throw around, the reputation they can leech off of.

i'm just a simple worker. i don't have much money. my family isn't swimming in diamonds and gold. i can only sit here, work from day to night, seven times a week. i don't have weekends. free time is a myth. and i'm always tired, but i can't ever show it. i wear an inch of make-up to look like i don't wear make-up. i wear uncomfortably scratchy clothes, but i keep my back straight, my hair pinned, and my smile decidedly rigid. i want to go home already. and by home, i mean where i was raised. i want to eat mcdonalds that costs a dollar. i want to drink iced coffee that isn't watered down into pathetic dribbles. and i want to speak english again.

one more year. i'll make it through one more year and then.... well, we'll see what happens. chances are, i'll be married and i'll have a life over here. i mean, i already have a job here.

I have a 19 years old brother who throw a thirteen years old's temper tantrum. Brat D:<

PS: Little shit's door slamming is driving me mad!
    Last edited by Artsydaze; 08-25-2012 at 09:40 PM.

I normally don't rant cause I feel really bad when I do or I feel I might sound childish. XD But, I really believe I need to make different friends and delete my current friend off of msn mostly because he makes my stress level go crazy and not in a good way either. And my stress level needs to be as low as possible because of my anxiety. He tends to be really harsh even when I am trying to make a joke and he just can't seem to not upset me. He's the only person I go to talk to when I have any sort of personal problem that is going on at home. And I don't have any friends in real life because most of them don't remember me or they don't really seem like good people anymore.

Sorry if this sounds like I am being a child or something. *first time sharing my feelings since she is not a very open person*

You're a liar. You've always been a fucking liar. I honestly have no idea if anything you've ever said to me was ever true at all. The thought of you breaks my heart and fills me with a desire to beat the shit out of you. And to be honest, if I ever saw your face I would do it - not like the shit you said about visiting here, or moving here was true.

I could go on forever but the end point is always the same. You're a liar. A fake. A fraud. And a fucking coward.

The worst of it all is that now you've left a mark on me that makes you hard to forget, but I'll make it easy - I'll relate you to every song about a fake asshole, every song about wanting to curb-stomp a bitch and so on.

Enjoy your fucking life, prick.

Last edited by Schizophrenic; 09-03-2012 at 02:39 AM.

Don't be loud. It's disruptive and irritating and, most importantly, rude.

I mean, don't get me wrong! I can get pretty vocal in quiet settings and, I get it, it's easy to forget that you need to use your in-door voice when speaking/venting to friends. But, really, you should learn to be a bit quieter. If not quieter then how to shut the fuck up.

For starters, I don't mind the noise so much as I mind the content. Granted, everyone gossips—even people who claim to be "above" it all. Everyone gossips and people LOVE that shit because, hey, it's interesting and it's usually easier to talk shit about someone than it is to talk about anything of actual substance. But, guess what? There's a limit to this. You don't make unfair accusations about people's families, you don't talk about sensitive shit, and, most importantly, you don't say unnecessary things.

I mean, hell, I some times do this too and, to be honest, I don't feel too broken up by it. But I DO know that I'm wrong and that even if I apologize, it's not really okay. But I never, never, never rag on someone for their interests in preferential tastes.

IF SOMEONE LIKES SOMETHING, FUCK OFF. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?

Just because YOU don't happen to like K-POP or whatever the fuck it is that they like, doesn't give you a right to rip on them and what THEY want to post onto THEIR facebooks. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEIR SHIT, HEY, GUESS WHAT? YOU CAN LIMIT THEIR CONTENT ON YOUR FEED. I know, I know, ridiculous, right? Facebook actually doing something right for a change! Ridiculous.

There's really no reason or justification for why you should have said the shit you did. Now, don't get me wrong—it's cool that you have interests and whatever. I don't mind that. You don't like pretty boys dancing around on stages and singing in a language you don't understand? THAT'S COOL, BRO. But, hey, bitch, I hate your fucking shitty dye-job of pink-frufru and purple-nonsense. It looks bad and, well, you should feel bad. But, look at me here, not saying anything about it. I keep it to myself because I guess my mom raised me right: IF YOU DON'T GOT NICE SHIT TO SAY, THEN DON'T FUCKING SAY IT, YOU DUMB WHORE.

I know, I just broke my own rule, but, really, I can't stand the bitches who act like the entire world is their stage and everyone else should just conveniently bend to their whims.

And, well, normally, I wouldn't say much about it (much less go on an anonymous forum to rage about it), but, girl, you really, really fucked up this time. I mean, if you want to shit-talk on some stranger—go ahead. I could care less (although I would still think you're a rude-ass), but make passing mentions of my best friend? Oh, shit's goin' down.

I KNOW. SHE IS A HANDFUL. She likes pretty boys with near-identical faces that are impossible to tell apart. She likes boys—that's right, boys and not men—that wear awkwardly tight clothes, glitter, and smiles too big for their faces. She's crazy. She's up at 4AM laughing herself silly over shows nobody else knows about or cares about, but, hey, she's a wonderful person. SHE HAS INTERESTS. SHE HAS PASSION. And if you DARE tell me that she's too "passionate" then I'll have to upper cut you in the face. She loves what she does and I love that about her. I love that she'd buy 100$ tickets before she knows how she's getting to the venue. I love that she'll talk to me about her boys when I'm 7,000 miles away and have no fucking clue who they are. And I love that she shows me these things even though I'll forget about them two hours later and she doesn't get mad at me!

I LOVE THAT SHE'S WHO SHE IS and when you tell me that she needs to LIMIT her shit, I just want to hit you across the face and spit on your soul. IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT SHE DOES, well, then, FUCK OFF. DE-FRIEND HER because I am CERTAIN she has NO interest in staying friends with someone like YOU.

But, in case I didn't make it clear: YOUR OPINIONS ARE YOUR OWN AND THAT'S FINE. I RESPECT YOUR OPINIONS, BUT, HEY, KNOW THAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE FEELINGS. THEY BLEED BLOOD TOO WHEN CUT.

I mean, maybe I'm overreacting or maybe I'm underreacting, but, just know this, I hate you. I hate you for what you say and I hate you for what narrow-minded, hurtful things you've said.

And the saddest thing is, I won't just bitch-slap you because, well, you're well within your societal rights to be a jackass. And I won't make specifics so that my friend can figure out who you are because I don't want her feelings to be hurt or for her to feel conscience because, oh my, I actually give two fucks about how she'll take things.

But, just know this: I hate you and this is the kind of hate that burns deep within the soul.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Quote Originally Posted by ISOS_Duke View Post
    So, for all of my classes at Baker, I am required to write in APA format, something that I was never taught. I have done my best in putting papers together that way but I still have some issues here and there. My online classes depend on papers for the main part of our grades and one teacher just, ugh... Last week I got an 85 on my paper, she said that there were some grammatical errors, that I need to cite everything even if it was paraphrased, and that I'm not properly writing in APA format. Ok, that's fine, I can try to fix some of the issues.

When I turned in my paper this week, I told her that I was not familiar with the format and I look forward to her critique so I can do better the next time. I got a 90 on this paper, I was marked down in the same area. When I read why, the response was the exact same thing as it was the week before! I went out of my way to cite EVERYTHING I had to look up, I made sure to include page numbers and if I have grammatical errors, if you don't let me know what they are, I'm likely to do it again. Seriously, how is copy-pasting responses going to help ANYONE?!

It seriously pisses me off that I'm trying so hard to get APA down again and she's not doing anything to lead me in the right direction or even say anything remotely helpful as to how I can improve... I should have someone that knows APA write my paper and see what I get then because I bet you a dollar that she doesn't even read half of what our papers say now...

I'm also convinced she doesn't think I know what I'm talking about as she seems to target my posts on the discussion board to attack. Ugh, it's week 3 and there are 6 weeks total. I can make it, I won't like it, but I can do it...
    So this is where I come in an rescue you! I don't have a choice, I have to use this style. Here's a helpful link that explains the APA. Here's a tutorial on how to use APA. If you end up using a cite that doesn't automatically list sources, assuming this paper requires them, then I would use this site. You pick the format, fill out the information, and the website makes the sources (in text and references in the back) for you. It's pretty simple and, if you leave things out, he knows how to reverse the order so it matches what you put in.

Last edited by Xavirne; 10-05-2012 at 12:41 PM.

- hangouts -