Login to your account

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: [CONFESSIONS] Rants R Us

Dying in video games is the worst. Seriously, when can't the hunters just back off while I try to consume enemy officers. But nooooo, everyone has hto fight me so naturally, I die. But I do it in style... Unless I'm blown up. XD

But anyway, getting annoyed at this game. I think I'll just go play mini games and get more points. :3

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

I hate when you have an exam and the professor does a crappy job explaining what will be on the test. His excuse, "You guys are smart, you'll figure it out." WTF! I don't want to study everything, especially if it's not needed. Ugh, I feel like saying that is just an excuse on the professor's behalf. It's his way of saying, "I haven't made the test yet so I don't know what I'll put on it."

This test, it will suck.

- hangouts -

Roommates. Seriously, she woke me up twice last night because she 1) had to straight up her bed and make sure the sheets weren't wrinkly and 2) walks like an hippo when she scoots around the room. She is a small Asian woman, how can she possibly make more noise than me!? I'm twice her size and I don't make a sound when walking around (I know this for a fact as my previous roommates called me a ninja stepper).

Ugh. And she smells bad. Well, the room does. I a going to have to invest in a lot of air fresheners.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 10-09-2012 at 12:10 PM.

- hangouts -

Spoiler Spoiler
    Spoiler Spoiler

Don't suppose any of you have ideas that I could use to correct this situation? I've already emailed our community advisor and I have recorded some of the incidents. But other than that, I got nothing. :/ Any thoughts?

- hangouts -

I only really have one thing to say: Either hash it all out during discussion- sit her and everyone down- and discuss the situation. Don't constantly single her out as it'll make her defensive and uncooperative (more so than she already is). Talk about how the apartment, in general, needs to have some level of upkeep, etc. Get to the MOST pressing things. Don't try to fight for everything.

For instance, I think the issue with the TV/noise is rather small. GIVE THAT TO HER. Just say that you and your roommates will be more mindful and watch TV with headphones if it's disruptive to her. If you are willing to do something for her, she'll be more willing to do something for you. Or, suggest an alternative: How about if we watch TV before X time, we can watch it without headphones? Etc.

You can't expect her to concede everything when you won't. It doesn't matter how "fair" it is or isn't. It's about learning how to handle people and this is a valuable lesson that, unfortunately, school won't teach you.

Next, talk to her about the trash/recycling. If she can't do it by herself, she should do it with another person. I mean, maybe one of you takes out the trash and she can replace the bag. She can carry some of the recycling things. Or, if she's not willing to do that, she can always wipe down the counters/microwaves every week and, in general, you can use water for that instead of cleaning solvents (considering her allergies, etc).

And, as for contribution: Tell her that she has to contribute something. Ten dollars per month (or whatever) should be enough and everyone can afford ten dollars. It may not be enough to really purchase everything, BUT, remember: Something is better than nothing.

Also, it might already be too late for this, but don't keep arguing/fighting with her. It'll just be a lot of headaches and grief and it'll ruin your living environment. For starters, when you yell/argue with someone, they're not going to listen to you. It doesn't help anything or anyone. IT JUST MAKES MATTERS WORSE. Nobody is going to see "reason" when being yelled at.

I know that this isn't the typical brash American behavior of: I have to defend my rights to x. y, and z. But it works a lot better (from experience). Of course, my personality is vastly different. I don't like to fight with my roommates and, in general, I acknowledge that I am probably just as offensive in some ways I am not aware of. It's just bad to go down that road, but, since you've already gone down it, I guess... you'll just have to do damage control.

Alternately: YOU CAN SIGN YOURSELF OFF THE LEASE. Get your other roommates (and the girl) to agree to sign you off the lease. You'll need to find a replacement and a new apartment, but, at least the problem will be taken care of!

Essentially, there's not much you can really do because it doesn't sound like she's breaching any contract (so I don't think management can do much) and... yeah.

I'm sorry that you're in this situation and it really sucks (I'm going through it right now), but, I think, the most important thing is to change what you want and your perspective. She won't change. Accept at least that much. And know that you'll have to work around it if nothing can be done. 'Coz if you try to get her evicted and it FAILS, there will NEVER be a chance to recover. So... yeah. It's not pleasant/happy/solve-all advice, but... this is sort of the reality of the world, haha. .________.;

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Okay, here it is. I have to point out that I've never had a roommate that wasn't someone I was dating. So if they were doing something annoying I would be like NO STOP OR I'M GOING TO KICK YOU OUT. Haha... and my opinion may end up being completely biased because of the fact I just never had to tolerate someone awful living in my house who wasn't a family member that I couldn't really do anything about.

I have to ask, does she have to be your roommate? Like - if the other two room mates agree she is awful, is it a possible option to just kick her out?

I only say this because I consider my home my sanctuary, and if on a daily basis I am uncomfortable and or pissed off just from being at home - it's just... not a life choice I'd be alright settling with. Obviously, she's gross. You had me at period blood on the toilet. If it was a one time accident where she was a hot drunk mess and she somehow bled all over everything and then passed out on the bathroom floor... and then was extremely apologetic and embarrassed when she sobered up the next morning? FINE. She didn't mean to, and we are all human... we make mistakes, blah blah yeah.

But if she doesn't care... and stuff like this is a common occurrence, why should you have to put up with it?

I say, if she is this much of a problem and your roomies think so too, put your concerns in writing, sit down with her as a group and tell her it's up to her. She can smarten up or she can pack her bags.

But if your other roomies don't see eye to eye with you - it's not worth it to stick around in a home you can't even live in. You're obviously past your breaking point, and it's time to make some changes. But keep in mind that moving out is a pain in the ass, and in the middle of your school year could really be near impossible. So try and weigh out the pros and cons and see if it's actually worth it.

I hope that helped, and I'm willing to talk it out with you and not just throw opinions or ideas that might not work at you.... so yeah, feel free to PM me more about it or just continue the conversation here if you'd like.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

I feel like there should be an amazing amount of information concerning the Starcraft series. I'm not sure what your paper is based on, but considering how big the game is in South Korea (it's practically a national sport), I'd assume there would be plenty to write up for the title.

Of course, I'm not sure what exactly you're writing about, but, yeah... some times sudden information really sucks. I had a term paper like that once. I was suppose to discuss a particular international event and everything was working out then... things decided to improve in the real world and my amazing analysis of how it won't was... lol, gone. Yay... real world politicians. ): /sarcasm

TUMBLR.

Some people just need to learn to shut up and open their eyes. I get that our views may not always be in alignment but you don't see me opening my trap and coming off as a closed minded bitch. It gets to the point where it can be so hard to work with these people that you just want the day to end and you don't have to deal with them anymore. I give you space, so why is it that during our limited interaction you have to act like such a self entitled prick?! I promise, you aren't as awesome as you think you are, you aren't better than me or anyone else so stop thinking like you are. Learn some people skills, seriously and stop being such a hypocrite.

When people hype something up to be so much bigger than it actually is. Like, seriously. You were freaking out and spazzing over that? I get that it was a "life-changing" thing for you and that a man and his family are forever ruined but, sheesh, what he did and what you played it out to be were TOTAL EFFING OPPOSITES. If he murdered a man, I could understand. Instead, he stole, cheated and lied. Big freaking whoop. Don't inflate something to the level of murder when, in fact, it is not.

- hangouts -

I can't even try to be coherent right now because I'm so frustrated with my parents right now.

THEY NEED TO STOP COMING INTO MY ROOM WHEN I'M NOT HOME. IT'S NOT OKAY TO COME INTO MY ROOM TO STRAIGHTEN UP THINGS. I DON'T NEED HELP MANAGING MY ROOM; I DON'T NEED SOMEONE TO OVERSEE THE ORGANIZATIONAL DECISIONS I EMPLOY ON MY BOOK SHELVES OR CLOSET.

I ALSO DON'T NEED ANYONE TO DO MY LAUNDRY FOR ME. I DO MY OWN LAUNDRY. I DO IT EACH WEEK. I AM RESPONSIBLE. I AM WELL-MAINTINED. I AM HANDLING THINGS.

When my parents decide to "help" me with my basic chores, they inevitably mess things up. They throw away things they shouldn't; they machine-wash things that shouldn't be washed. I own a lot of expensive clothes that have very specific care instructions. Most of them cannot be machine-washed; most of them require either dry cleaning or specialty cleaning. Some of them (as in a good bunch) are hand-wash only. I have lost so many articles of clothing; I have repeatedly told them NOT to do this because it RUINS the clothes and it WASTES money. Their answer? I should do laundry more regularly.

HOW OFTEN SHOULD I DO LAUNDRY? SHOULD I DO IT EVERY THREE DAYS? I HAVE CLEAN CLOTHES TO WEAR STILL. MY HAMPERS STILL HAS PLENTY OF SPACE FOR DIRTY LAUNDRY. I AM KEEPING A GOOD SCHEDULE. I AM DOING A GOOD JOB. I HAVE LIVED BY MYSELF FOR OVER FIVE YEARS; I KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THINGS.

Today, I lost two beautiful knit shirts that I have only ever worn once. I now have four shrunken cardigans that don't feel right and don't look right anymore; I don't know how to take care of this. I'll try blocking it out, but, chances are, it'll never be as nice as it was. I have to replace two of my bras because they tore in the wash (I don't even know why they didn't at least put it into the undergarment bag). But, most devastatingly for me, is the utter destruction of my brand new Burberry scarves. I BOUGHT TWO. I BOUGHT THEM AFTER DEBATING WITH MYSELF LONG AND HARD ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT I WANT TO DUMP $600 ON TWO SCARVES. I FIGURED I WOULD SPLURGE AND BUY THEM FOR LIFE. EVIDENTLY, I BOUGHT THEM FOR TWO WEEKS.

I'm not MADE of money. I'm not my parents; I don't make six figures a year. I make decent money, but $600 for two scarves is a really difficult decision for me; I have to really think about it before picking it up. I AM LITERALLY CRYING WITH ANGER RIGHT NOW. My parents, naturally, won't replace a thing; their rationale is: you shouldn't have left them lying around.

I'm sorry.

I'm so sorry.

I left them in my room. I didn't put the scarves in the hamper. I had the scarves on my bed. They were not dirty. They were on my bed. They were clean. In any case, there isn't a good reason to be in my room without me being in there. I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW. ABSOLUTELY LIVID. AND, OF COURSE, BECAUSE I COME FROM AN ASIAN-AMERICAN HOUSEHOLD, ANY EXPRESSION OF UNHAPPINESS IS UNACCEPTABLE. I CAN'T TELL THEM THAT THEY'RE WRONG BECAUSE THAT'S "DISRESPECTFUL" TO MY PARENTS, WHO SO GENEROUSLY PAID MY WAY THROUGH COLLEGE AND NOW ALLOW ME TO LIVE UNDER THEIR ROOF—FREE OF CHARGE. I CAN'T BE ANGRY AT THEM BECAUSE IT'S MY FAULT: I SHOULD HAVE CLEANED BETTER. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE ON-TOP OF THINGS.

AND NOW I HAVE TO GO EAT DINNER WITH MY FAMILY AND PRETEND THAT I'M NOT FIGHTING THE URGE TO PUNCH EVERYONE IN THE FACE. GOOD GRIEF.

EDIT: OH, CLASSIC MOTHER MOVE. PUTTING ALL OF THE BLAME ONTO ME; TELLING ME THAT SHE HAS TO "STOMACH" MY ATTITUDE. I'M SORRY THAT I'M UPSET THAT MY THINGS WERE RUINED. I'M SORRY THAT MY BEING UPSET IS UPSETTING AND RUINING "DINNER." HONESTLY, MOTHER, IF YOU WANTED THIS TO SMOOTH OVER ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS APOLOGIZE WITH AN OUNCE OF SINCERITY. BUT, OF COURSE, IT WOULD BE A COLD DAY IN HELL WHEN I GET AN APOLOGY. AFTER ALL, MY PARENTS ARE NEVER WRONG. RATHER, I AM THE FAILURE IN THE FAMILY; I AM THE SOURCE OF ALL THAT IS WRONG WITH THEIR LIVES.

I APOLOGIZE FOR HAVING BEEN BORN. I APOLOGIZE FOR BEING TRASH. I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT BEING BETTER THAN EVERY OTHER ASIAN-AMERICAN CHILD IN A 50-MILE RADIUS. I APOLOGIZE FOR BEING A HUGE COSMIC DISRUPTION IN THE, OTHERWISE, PERFECT FAMILY.

Peace out. I'm heading out tonight and I don't expect to return as anything, but incredibly drunk.

Last edited by joonsexual; 10-19-2014 at 12:56 AM.

TUMBLR.

Background NPC
    I prefer Snicker-doodles those are amazing cookies that are gifts from god ;-p also when i played football in high school my nickname was Cookie monster