Login to your account

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello wtf!

Piracy is good for me because it allows me to get stuff I do not have the funds to afford and try out. Plus some games I buy if I really like em....

GO SWEDEN! And thanks for saying i'm awesome...I know I am....

Basically I just support Piratpartiet (haha, pirates in the government!) because the prices on some things are just ridiculous.
    Like I'd pay $30-40 for like a record with twelve songs when I only like one of em'. >_> YARR!

I know lots of people who does that too though, download games to see if they like em before they spend $60 on a game.

Haha, you're welcome? XD

I know how you feel. You'd rather have a choice of the single over the whole collection.

Yep. Always best to test drive the car before you buy the car.

If you just like one song there's iTunes. There you can buy single songs.

I do not support piracy. I could make a long answer why but I won't. You wouldn't want to read it anyway and probably just become angry.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

APBCole: Yupp. ^^

Brook V: I get why people don't support piracy and everyone is entitled to their opinion so def wouldn't get angry at a post saying why you don't And you're right, there is itunes.

@Brook: Sad part is that you can only play songs bought on iTunes on Apple products. What if you wanted to play it on a separate device? You'd have to remove the DRM from it and also convert it to the correct file format.

DRM makes piracy because DRM assumes you're a pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by APBCole View Post
    @Brook: Sad part is that you can only play songs bought on iTunes on Apple products. What if you wanted to play it on a separate device? You'd have to remove the DRM from it and also convert it to the correct file format.

DRM makes piracy because DRM assumes you're a pirate.
    You got a fair point there.

Well, I'm pleased with my iPod. I can even play songs from my iPod via my stereo. I just needed an AUX-cable.

I did have a CD however which was copyright protected and you could not rip songs from the CD to iTunes. That was not fun at all. You would have to buy the songs via iTunes. :/
    Zone District

Sucks so bad, who'd want to buy the same CD twice? :C

Yeah, I thought it was stupid. Strange though that I could rip to another program, it was just iTunes that didn't work.
    Zone District

Yay for anti-piracy programs that forces you to do piracy! XD

Not following... I did buy the CD I just ripped the songs via another program than iTunes as iTunes couldn't connect to the CD because of anti-piracy programs.
    I still bought the CD as a psychical object.
    Zone District

I bought all the sims 2 expansions and stuff packs. It destroyed my new computer because their anti-piracy program f-upped the thingamyjingy that reads the cds :'(
    Last edited by Impish; 09-27-2011 at 09:17 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Impish View Post
    I bought all the sims 2 expansions and stuff packs. It destroyed my new computer because their anti-piracy program f-upped the thingamyjingy that reads the cds :'(
    Not cool. I'm OK with protecting the content as long as it doesn't affect your usage of the product. :/
    Zone District

Yeah, happened to a lot of people too, some even tried to sue EA. Don't remember how that went though.
    Either way, when they made the sims 3 they changed the anti-piracy program but now they have this whole;
    you can only install the game on 3 different computers then you can't install it again unless you contact ea.
    Which sucks, since the base game cost 600 kr. Not to mention the game came with so many bugs that you couldn't play for a month because that's how long it took them
    to fix it with a patch.

Had I decided to play pirate when the game was leaked to try it out, I would have known that :/

I have the original Sims 3 via preorder(Not much of a good preorder). I have two Sims 3 cases(Second one came with stickers which I haven't used related to the Sims 3, a poster which I ripped up, and a code for a song I can easily listen to by just going to the Custom Music folder to listen to as it comes with the game.)

I, however, have pirated the expansions(And a few worlds). I feel that I deserve all this content as it all should have came with the base game.

And on the note of DRM: The game industries biggest dickheads for piracy is EA and Ubisoft. They're both the top tier morons who ruin any chance of a good game.

Do you know that there are ghostfiles that suggest that a lot of the first store stuff was originally meant to come with the basegame? :/

I just hate it when you buy their games (which are not cheap) you still get screwed. If I pay 60+ $ I feel like I should be able to install it on my computer as many friggin times I want. :/

Doesn't surprise me one bit. The Sims is a franchise that consists of you paying over $100 for stuff which should well have been finished and included in the final game.

Yep. Companies love screwing over the gaming community. Except Mojang. They love loving the game community.

Yeah well when it was still Maxis, they at least didn't pull this crap and they had a sliver of respect for their customers.
    Nowadays you can't even mention a problem or your opinion on the sims forum because they'll ban you >:'C

Mojang? What games do they do?

I respect Will Wright and his creation of Maxis. Too bad it is going the route of its demise. The only trademark franchise which is still produced is The Sims and the rest have been destroyed by EA.

Minecraft.

I do too, it was when he left that it all went to hell :C I hate how EA has gotten its claws on Dragon Age- though I suppose this explains why Dragon Age 2 sucked donkey.

Ah

EA Gaming Strategy: Buy the game company when they produce a popular game, and create a half assed sequel to reap the rewards.

They have destroyed many good gaming companies. They eat the companies whole and what comes out isn't even the the same as people remember it; Such as Redwood Studios(Command & Conquer) and Black Box which has produced good games in the past(Need For Speed: Underground to Carbon, rest after are unrelated) but crappy games(Any NFS after which is going the route of games like GRID) now.

I believe you forgot their golden rule: sell the half-assed games at ridiculous prices and then don't give a shit about the customers :C It just sucks. And now Bioware... sigh. Dragon Age 1 was just so awesome and thought out and the sequel is just... short.
    Short and bland. All the origin stories are the same, locations are re-used to the max. It's just... rehashed. Everything is rehashed.

This makes impish sad.

That's how most companies nowadays operate. They tend to reuse assets to justify a new game and barely create any new ones to compensate for lack thereof. Too bad most games you can tell if assets have been reused if you just compare the last game to the first...however sometimes it's not so bad. Fallout basically is a series which reuses a vast majority of their assets but they still add a fair amount to compensate such as DLCs which add new places to go to plus new items and the sort. EA on the other hand goes "Where is my money, foo?"

I am convinced EA is run by Satan.

No but seriously, dragon age 2 is where they've rehashed to the extreme. Say that there are like 20 quests. In like 8 of them, the same "dungeon/location" is being reused. Only difference? You enter it from a different door.

YEAH.

And this I paid like $60 for ._.

EA is my last favorite company. However, I just popped in and installed my NFS: Carbon I bought 2nd hand. I haven't played it in forever since 2006 was a good time for EA. Especially in the gaming department.

And really? That's total BS. That's not even a full game. That's more like a trial that you're paying full retail price for.

Yeah I know, hence why I have such a gigantic dislike for anything produced by EA now.

It's best to buy few EA products and support other companies that truly care for the consumer and produce a product which is of quality and not put together just to get some money.

I pirate EA products since I don't wanna be screwed. But eh...whatever....Volition is a x100 better company than EA. And they produce a majority quality games.

Ok. I'm still buying EA's the sims 3 games, but I don't support their behavior one bit. >
    ... hence why I was banned from their forum.

EA: "Don't tell us we're scamming you! You're not supposed to be a smart consumer!"

That's probably how they felt. And i'm going to pirate Pets when it comes out for The Sims 3. Probably after RAGE though...

Haha, something like that yes :P No words can really describe my deep hatred for them.

Rage? Hm, not sure I will. Will read some reviews before I make up my mind. After all, this is EA we are talking about so we are pretty much guaranteed that they'll have found some way to screw us over

edit;
    When does it come out again?