Login to your account

Thread: A couple days late, but hi :)

Reoccurring NPC

A couple days late, but hi :)

I'm a student in game design with only a little experience roleplaying; a friend and I once wrote a story cooperatively, which felt pretty similar to this. I'm also learning to play D&D. Other than games and writing, I enjoy reading, school, and making things (like big cardboard maze for my gerbils).

My favored genre is fantasy and I'm currently involved in a game but I'm open to trying new games if I have time.

Welcomes to WTF, and seeing your name on the site a bit I'm going to guess you know that the people here are friendly (or I'm sure you'll be finding out soon lol) So I'm betting you're already fitting in around here quite easily^^ Hopefully at least lol Anyways, gerbils are so cute! How many do you have? Besides hamsters, and chinchillas, gerbils are the only type of little furry pets I haven't had yet. Maybe one day for those... well except hamsters. Hamsters are evil....

Anyways, I seem to be running off on a tangent, sorry lol Again welcome, don't be afraid to ask questions and have fun! Hope to see you around!
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Welcome to the site, Vervain~! Hope you like it here, sorry for the rushed welcome. :} You wouldn't happen to study at Digipen wouldja?

Reoccurring NPC
    Haha, I didn't think I posted enough for my name to visible yet. But yeah, everyone's been friendly and WTF seems like a nice community. To answer your question I have two boy gerbils. They're cute and kinda spoiled :P I think hamsters are more solitary critters, they can be cute but some are just short-tempered. I wish I could have a chinchilla, they look so fluffy and laid back.

Eden, I don't go to Digipen but I know some people who have transferred there. My school has a major that's colloquially known as the 'game major.' It's not the only thing you can do with it but they offer a lot of game related classes like programming and computer animation.

Hello and welcome to WTF! :3

What a cool major! I think text-based roleplaying will help you out a lot with that. If you find the right group of people to play with (together or individually), there's really no limit to the ways they'll open your eyes to things you'd have never thought of yourself. Or how you'll inspire them in turn. A lot of the best experiences in my life have come about one way or another because of people I've met via roleplaying.

Anyway - I really hope you get into the community, even if you spend less time roleplaying and more time just talking about gaming. (Which is really all I do here at the moment. ::laughs:: )
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Reoccurring NPC
    Thanks! I'll try not to wax poetic about game design too much but I enjoy physical games like tabletop games and text-based roleplaying and feel they're as much a part of it as the video/computer kind. And it's nice to have a place to chat about it

Greetings, Vervain!

Your favorite genre is fantasy? Perfect! We have tons of fantasy games here for you to browse through... but we do encourage you to make your own creations! I'm sure you've got a lot of snazzy ideas locked up in that game designer mind of yours, here you can unleash them in fun new ways that also let us benefit from your creativity~.

Have fun and enjoy your stay!!
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Reoccurring NPC
    Thank you. I've poked around the site and noticed some games I'd like to join. I've got an idea in the brainstorming thread. Once it's a bit more fleshed out, I want to make it and see if it will pick up some interested players.

Also I like your avatar :3

Oh well that is great to hear! Don't worry yourself if your idea is slow on the uptake, WTF isn't as fast paced as to what most people are used to so patience is key around here. And thank you! I have about 25 little icons of this pink bunny, if you keep an eye out for me I change them from time to time.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.