Login to your account

Thread: Advertising as fresh meat seems counterproductive here...

Advertising as fresh meat seems counterproductive here...

But, here I am, fresh meat.

Just trying to get acclimatized to an entirely new site and finding things a little daunting. I've pretty much made myself quite comfortable at Gaiaonline for the last six/seven years and have never bothered going anywhere else. Mostly because I know a lot of awesome rpers on that site and have made some really close friends out of them.

But coming on here I've discovered that there is a bit of anxiety involved in introducing myself to a whole new community, getting used to completely different sets of rules and working out a new interface. But I also realise it's kind of stupid to feel shy over the internet, after all, I was a newbie on Gaia once too and managed to survive it.

Anyway, a little about myself right?

I am twenty-two and I live in Australia, most likely a complete opposite time zone to most of the members here, but I'm online pretty much every single day so it's rare that I miss anything. I work as a sales assistant at an upmarket department store and am also a full time University student. I hope to graduate with a double degree in Psychology and Criminology at the beginning of next year.

That's the boring stuff I guess.

As far as roleplaying goes, I get cravings for different things at different times, but really the only things I won't do are War-based roleplays and zombie themes tend to give me nightmares. I have a little trouble with post-apocalyptic things as well, though if there is a good enough story and some decent diversity with the characters I might try it.

Anything else really is fair game ^.^ I have a few characters on Gaia that I enjoy playing and I am very good at adapting them to almost any situation. You might also find that I try to fill any niches and go for characteristics that are not already displayed in existing casts. I am also not afraid of creating conflict and drama and putting my own characters out there to take the fall for it.

Welcome!

Cool to know you're from Australia because the only reason we Americans really care for you guys was the existence of the Crocodile Hunter. Other than that....I really don't know what to remember your country as....

Besides that, welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your time here. Everyone is kind and here to help....*has knife behind back* Just uh...watch your step.

Welcome! I hope you'll have fun here.
    I've roleplayed with an Aussie once before.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Hello and welcome!

As I read through your little welcoming post, I couldn't help but grin when I saw what you are going to school for - Psychology and Criminology. Now, out of pure curiosity, what caused you to pick these two majors? And what kind of jobs could you find that combine these two. I have an idea, but I don't want to sound foolish, so I'll just allow you the pleasure of explaining your life decisions. :P

Anyway, that little question aside, you'll discover that WTF is a great place to roleplay and make new friends. The people here are all wonderful. I don't think I can name a single person that I dislike -- granted, I have met everyone. Needless to say, this place is great and you'll really like how it's more refreshing and mature than other online roleplaying sites.

I hope to see you around~

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Sorry yeah, would have said hello sooner but went to bed at a ridiculously late hour last night. No need to feel shy but perfectly understandable, this place is a lot more personal than the sea of faces you'll find at Menewsha or Gaia Online.

Your major gives me tinglies, that must really be an interesting field of study. I'll be switching my major to psychology when I go back to school this year, so color me curious. More roleplayers should be psych majors anyhow, that's always something to celebrate.

You sound like a great person to have in a game. I really hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

^ ^ Well hello! You shouldn't be anxious about fitting in here. We are a pretty laid back group and I don't think there's a single person on the site who wouldn't be genuinely thrilled to meet you!

Greeting and Salutations, Elviae~! It's nice of you to introduce yourself. I always love when newcomers take the time to post in the Welcoming Forum because it gives us a chance to greet you, maybe learn a few things about you and get a head start on helping you with any questions you have. It's also a very easy way to begin forming relationships with the existing members on this site, so thanks again for letting us snoop into your life a little bit today!

A lot of our members come from a long history of Menewsha or Gaian life, including myself. They are both dandy social communities, but for those who have a passion for roleplaying it's nice to find a place like WTF that is so happily dedicated to it. You seem to be a adventurous spirit so you shouldn't have any trouble finding a game that suites your tastes. Also, don't be afraid to create your own, the features available here are amazing and can add a lot of depth to your ideas. (My favorite features being character journals and making various separate locations in the full featured games.)

I encourage you to make your presence known! Post around, get acquainted and reap all the benefits this place has to offer! ^^
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

You wouldn't happen to be Perpetua Elvia from Gaia would you?

I am actually Perpetua Elvia from Gaia, yes ^.^

Thanks for the welcome, when I get more time off working on my dissertation I'll be sure to engage in a little snooping about.

And my field of study can be quite interesting, though unfortunately there isn't much in the way of jobs available unless I get the exact right amount of qualifications. As a result, I'm hoping to go into consumer psychology or marketing, and if all else fails, I'll try and get into social services. Most people would make the connection with Forensic Psychology like what they do on crime shows on TV. But to tell the truth, that branch of the profession is a bit of a joke in the academic world.

Ain't that the kicker. Things people should be studying aren't good for making money. Ah, glad you took a look and hope you like it here. I can't tell you how jealous I am of you that you get to work on a dissertation! <3

I just spent about two months in Adelaide and I'm trying to get my Aussie friends to sign up here and play with me, since virtually every one of them is a roleplayer. xD I also keep Australian hours since I don't have a day job, so you'd be surprised that (normally) there will be at least one person on your general hours. ;3

I promise that there are people from the US who care about Australia for more than just Steve Irwin. xD Ignore Cole. xD He likes to yank peoples' tails.

I hope your dissertation goes well! I find your uni studies very interesting and am interested to see if it plays into your gaming. :3

If you have any questions about the site, don't be afraid to ask! Hopefully you can tell we're a friendly and helpful bunch and I certainly think we're a creative one. :3
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Oh, that's ok. I'm quite used to the Aussie cracks. Steve Irwin was a bloody idiot, but I guess he could be counted as one of the hazards of associating with us.

Aussie Irwins aside, I would still count it amongst the best places in the world to live. Heh, I guess I'm just a little patriotic.

Adelaide is an interesting place to end up. May I ask why there? Generally the east coast cities (Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney) are more popular for holidays and the like.

I haven't spent much time in Adelaide myself. A few days at most to visit distant relatives.

A friend of mine (technically a member of the site, but she's busy with uni at the moment, so I haven't got her to actually post here yet xD) lives in Adelaide and said I should come visit for AVCon. So I did. xD The last time I was down in Australia was in Melbourne to visit a different friend. :3

And, nyaw... I had a soft spot for Steve Irwin. Though I did see him as a completely mental, overgrown kid. :'
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin