Login to your account

Thread: Colds *cries*

Colds *cries*

NinjaBunny has a cold
    shes had it for a while now and its the one thagt comes and then goes as it pleases....
    what would be a good way to feel better?

Lots of rest! Feel better!

actually rest sounds good right about now .. but its the middle of the day and I cannot for the life of me nap during the day hahaha

*goes into big brother mode* If you can't rest drink lots of fluids. Hot tea is best. I suggest mint or ginger. It's better to sweeten it with honey too (good for sore throats) DON'T drink/eat dairy products like milk or ice cream. It'll make your throat feel gunky and increase any coughing... Um... Hmmm do you have a temperature?

(Hopefully you're feeling better now than when you posted initially?)
    Last edited by Telemachn; 09-02-2011 at 04:01 AM.

oh yay! big brother!!! *hugs* hahahaha
    umm a little yes i do ... and no i dont feel better
    because now I feel ill in the stomach

*narrows eyes* Hmmm you're sure it's just a cold?

Two of my co-workers have been out with the flu! Might wanna pay your doctor a visit.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    Two of my co-workers have been out with the flu! Might wanna pay your doctor a visit.
    I second that!

Along with the rest, hot tea with honey, and so on suggested above, do showers or baths help? They generally help me a lot. ^^;

EDIT: And I would be remiss if I didn't mention raw garlic put on top of soup.
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

O________________O Garlic would kill me. But sharkcat is right, a nice warm bath always helps sooth me.

- hangouts -

Quote Originally Posted by Telemachn View Post
    *narrows eyes* Hmmm you're sure it's just a cold?
    well I had originally thought so but now i'm not sure

O__O You're STILL sick? Oh PLEASE tell me you've gone to a doctor!!!

yes I have don;t worry ... He has said it's only a cold ... but the fact that it's been here for so long is beyond me .. although it was not this bad. I think i have been fighting it off until now and I'm at the point where i can only live through it and complain heaps

D: That sucks. (You know the last time I went to the doc with persistent symptoms and he told me it was just a cold it ended up being whooping cough!)

I hope you feel better soon! >< Being sick sucks.

wooping cough! O.O isnt that like really bad????
    hmm so do I ... I'm hoping it doesnt last to long ... my friend had it before me and he said it lasted 2 weeks .....

^ ^; Yeah It's really bad. (Once they finally tested me and found what it was...) My doctor had to call the CDC and I wasn't permitted to leave my home until after I finished the antibiotic. (2 Weeks!)
    I wasn't able to work for a month because I was coughing so bad. I had that wretched cough for almost seven months. >< It really sucked.

Are you feeling any better now though? I know you implicated you still have the cold, but are your symptoms at least not as severe?

wow thats horrible!!!! I'm glad your better now though!!!

they are yes I've finally gotten to that point in the cold where I amcoughing up the phlem leftovers from my vough.. its still stopping my sleep because it hurts but it is better

rest helps a lot. Drink lots of liquids and keep yourself hydrated. Um lets see..don't go out in cold weather?i haven't had a cold in a long time
    so i am guessing.

well it is getting warmer where I am so it should be okay about going out ... i was so over cold weather -.-

Soo, did this ever get resolved?

- hangouts -

This is why I hate people who go to work sick. They spread all the ick around.

These days I have to get a flu shot (for my little guy), but usually I don't. I want to build up immunity. I think that is why I very rarely get sick, and when I do it is something really wretched. When I was young, I got mono and mumps at the same time...I don't think I've ever been that sick since. Then there was the time bacteria grew on my stomach lining and gave me ulcers for the next 6 years.

Honestly, I use my work sicks days more for mental health days. Or for dumb things...like when I break my foot playing soccer or tear my ACL. Or...you know... give birth.

I can only agree with you Utopia. I used to work in the culinary department for a nursing home. It would bug the shit out of me when someone would come in to work sick, like a server for the dinning room, or a member of the kitchen staff. Not only does it spread the sickness around the employees, but it can also really mess up the old people. Don't get me wrong, I hated those cranky, miserable, conniving, assholes (seriously, they made your day horrible on purpose, and this is not an exaggeration ((can't blame them for doing so, though they have a pretty shitty life))), but it's totally wrong to mess with their already fragile health. The morale is, think twice and be on top of things if you ever check your folks into a nursing home, or independent living facility. Be like a hawk and eyeball the place.

Anyway, as for my own fortitude, I rarely get sick. However, when I do get sick, it's the sort of sick that has me thinking that I'm about to die, or would like to die.

I agree when it comes to going to work sick .. if I can help it I call in sick but turns out i have apparently taken to many days off so if i call in sick one more time my Manager will fire me -.- major rage

Wavi - it did yes
    but now that I'm getting closer to my school exams I'm going to be stressing about studying so i'm going to get sick again

Oh teh noes! Pump yourself right full of juice, soup, and MORE LIQUIDS. >3

- hangouts -

having a cup of tea right this secdond
    and I just got attacked by a sneezing fit -.-

haha but seriously. i have never drank this much water in like ever!