Login to your account

Don't Let Your Hope Fade - Closed

A tale of seven heroes who came in a time of darkness and fought when no one else would.......

Tags: adventure, betrayal, dark, drama, elements, fantasy, good vs evil, heroes, hope, light, magical, right vs wrong, romance, saving the world, saviors

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: Xavirne

Created: 08-25-2011, 06:52 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log in New Vegra

The largest of all the cities. This place is the life and action of the planet. People travel from all over to see the lights and games of this large city whose crime rate is unreasonably high.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 121

1. Characters in this post:
    The city is known for its criminal activities, but it is the destination the heroes seek out. It is rumored that a hero hails from this city, thought no one is sure if it's true or even if they've partnered up with this hero already. One can only hope that the hero from this area is of a stronger decent and contributes a new attitude to the group. Someone needs to level these hot-heads out. And no, depression doesn't make things better. If anything, the mopey ways makes things worse.

Whatever will happen? No idea. Stay tuned to see how the heroes fare in this dreary city.

2. Characters in this post:
    A set of deep blue eyes stared at the mess that layed infront of them. It was a perfect example of a meal gone completely wrong. To be honest, the male couldn't tell which food item was what. "Erm...I think that is the pudding...." Devyn said aloud to himself, while poking at it as if it was about to explode. It was obvious at that point that Devyn wasn't a good cook. He laughed at himself, before dumping the food in the sink in one swift motion. He spun on his heels to face a pantry stocked with food, ready to try another dish.

As he walked over, he quickly stopped to look at his reflection in a mirror with white framing that hung from a wall. He gently ran a hand across one of his pale cheeks, and moved aside a white strand of hair that rested across his eye. His eyes always looked a bit wistful, and Devyn was excellent at remaining one facial expression. It wasn't because he was sad by any means, he just had a calm and natural face to match his calm and natural personality. At times, Devyn hated looking at himself. He reminded himself to much of his family. His brothers that he was always fighting with, his mother and father who didn't seem to care that he was there, but most importantly his sister.

After a few seconds of staring at himself, he proceeded to the pantry. Quickly skimming through a cook book, Devyn nodded in approval as he found a recipe that seemed easy enough for him to follow.

After a few minutes of adding this and that, Devyn let a small smile slip onto his face, glad that nothing had gone wrong this time. After he stuck the food into the oven, he turned to face his study. The young scientist loved studying and reading, and spent most of his hours doing so. He was amazed by all the new things he learned each day.

Devyn looked at the food one last time, as if telling it not to burn while he was away for a few minutes.

3. Characters in this post:
    Recap
    Things start a-okay at Dawn Castle. The heroes were arriving and everything was fine and dandy. Well, aside from the fact that the Hero of Darkness was a bit bitter and had rapist-like tendencies. Although, he was quickly put in his place when he had the lift squeezed from him. To his surprise, Nick discovered that he and the Heroine of Light shared a special bond. Whatever happened to him, would, eventually, happen to her.

If things couldn't get worse, the group got themselves into yet another argument. As the other heroes arrived, it was soon evident that things were just too quiet. The Light Heroine ran off to seek out ice for her injured friend Dark, but she ended up running into a la'Ronk medic. Fearing for her life, she retreated to her comrades and explained the horrors she discovered.

In a state of panic, the group was going to make a rather foolish move, but Nick stepped to the plant and ordered the crew around. Just when things were starting to look up, the moron decided to go on a little side quest. Getting yelled at by his teammates, enough time was wasted and the Heroine of Water finally joined the ranks. With everyone accounted for, the heroes set off to New Vegra.

With emotions flying and attitudes at their worst, more trouble happened as the Light Heroine was kidnapped and kissed by that same Med la'Ronk. Adam, thinking with his heart, sought to spy on this la'Ronk, but some himself imprisoned in a light shield. Rynn, who was previously elected leader per Nick's suggestion, started to snap as she yelled at the two for being foolish.

Rynn, prior to her little rage, was actually engaged in a staring contest with Nic.k. It was during this awkward silence that the two formed a sort of bond. Was it romance or friendship? No one really knew, but it was this action that ticked Kris off. Because of it, she fell behind and this led to her kidnapping.

Although she was returned, the group was still in shambles. Things just kept getting worse. Nick, who was fed up with things, decided to move forward with Jenna as they continued their walk to New Vegra. Alone, he confessed his love of Jenny Lynn, a la'Ronk soldier who is the heroes sworn enemy. It was then when he made it evident that he wasn't interested in Kris even after their little kiss.

When the group finally caught up, night had set in, rendering Kris useless. With the night getting colder and darker, the group would soon need to set up camp, but this would prove to be yet another struggle as you will soon find out!

4. Characters in this post:
    It was almost as if walking into New Vegra had removed the compassion that once filled Nick's eyes. His lips released a low snarl as his eyes narrowed to glare ever so intently at the lights of the city. Though he once enjoyed this city, he had hated how it became a city of crime and disgust. The people of this city were lower than low and the lives the people lead were almost sickly. How as it that people took pleasure in raping the innocent? How was it okay for murder to be deemed okay? Death, corruption, and death plagued this city. The scent of fear was so putrid that Nick's nose wrinkled in horror. He was not looking forward to this city.

Trying to regain his softer complexion, Nicholas finally drew to a dead halt. Fists clenched and hair covering his eyes, the male fought back a flood of tears. Why was he on the verge of crying? What was happening within the dark depths of Nick's mind? Praying that no one would notice his ill composure, the male took a stiffened stride forward, but only to freeze dead in his tracks.

You're pathetic.

His voice. It cracked within his brain. The words he spoke, he feared that they be true. He knew, someone deep within, that they were and he hated it. His eyes looked around at the heroes that were behind him. How as it that they were all right with their new lives? Just what was pushing them into this unknown future? Why were they selected?

He had so many questions and knew there the answers were hard to receive. Blood boiling and ices shifting to an icy gaze, Nick thrust his eyes to the sky.

"Why. What did you see in me. You were never there for me and you still aren't. How is it that I have been picked to be the Hero of Darkness. I'm not a hero. I never have been. I've always wondered just why I was picked. Was it because Deks died? Tch, punish me for his death. I see how it is... but is it really... fair?"

His eyes searched the sky for answers, but they found nothing. With a frown on his face, the male looked at the soil below his black boots. "I wish I were stronger... I wish I could walk in his shoes, but I'm afraid... I'm afraid I'm not him. I never will be. Deks was more... spirited. Happier. Light would have been his element. Not Darkness. Not what I am. Everything I am has been brought onto me because of me. My anger, my hatred, they are all that I know. I've nothing in this life that I cling to. My hopes were shattered when mother slipped from this earth. My dreams were crushed when I saw my father's selfish act of heroism. My happiness was drained for my veins when they took her away. And then my sanity was driven away when I saw his life perish."

"I remember those eyes. They were full of such hatred. I don't even know why. Was it because I was pursing his woman? Or was it because I was supposed to die? Did he know something I didn't? Was he angry because... I was able to live? Is it... my fault he's gone. Did I... did I betray him without even knowing? Not knowing. It's what eats at my very core. I cannot stand to know that all my questions have no answers. How is it fair. I said, HOW IT IS FAIR!"

"You take life and expect me to return the favor by fighting in your name? For your cause. I think not. And yet, if I don't fight.... they all die in vain. They died without a purpose. Without a just cause. So, for the sake of those that have fallen before me, I shall rise to the occasion and I will become nothing more than the very thing you've created -- darkness. I care not to fall in love. I don't long for friendship. I want emptiness. Loneliness. I want to be loathed. I want to live my life with no remorse and no regret. My actions shall be my own. I won't, for the sake of my family, crumble to be someone I am not. I've always hidden my true nature. I've always feared that, if I let the darkness with my heart swallow me whole, I would fall down a path I did not want."

"Why, why did you pick me? I'm no hero. I should have been the one to destroy the heroes. The one to enslave the world. The very person I always feared I'd become. How am I not that? Why must I fight for light and justice. Those terms, they taste sour on my lips. I don't want anything to do with them. But... I must learn to endure them. I have to. I won't let you die for nothing."

"Mother, I wish I was as strong as you. You never gave in and you always pushed forward. Sister, you were so pure and innocent. Darkness never tainted your soul and it never would have. Father, you're selfless acts of love have proven to me that mankind is not worthless and that people are not only concerned with their own life. Deks, brother, I wish I were as flexible as you. You always knew what to do and how to make things right, even if it bothered you. And then, you, how is it that you landed the role you have? A sick twist of faith, I believe. But still, you have taught me so much. You always believed in me and protected me. Sheltering me from the bitter life I was meant to live. You were a protector. And that, that is what I will become."

"Darkness, consume me. Eat my soul. I want nothing to do with a heart for if I have a heart, I will have a weakness. That weakness will bring my untimely death. So, without a heart, I shall become the most powerful fiend of darkness you will have ever created. I shall cast my life away and swear my allegiance to the darkness, to the shadows. You shall learn to fear me and the power I will learn to control. Darkness. It is what I am. I shall make you proud. I will fulfill my mission. I shall not stray off the course. Love, friendship, and happiness are not meant to touch my soul. I have but one mission. To destroy the la'Ronk. Once my mission is complete, I shall vanish from this earth. I've no other purpose but to save the innocent. I must protect the light by being the guardian of darkness. I shall not fail you. I will destroy the unjust. I will not allow the planet to crumble under my reign. I will not lose."

A wrinkle formed on his forehead as he spoke in such a cynical tone. Anger and disgust filled his voice as did hatred and self-loathing pity. Lost in thought for about two months, the male was finally coming to terms with his destiny. Although he hated the idea of relinquishing his lighter side, Nick knew that if he didn't allow his body to be eaten alive by darkness, he would never fully understand his purpose. Furthermore, he would never be able to overcome his fear of the darkness... of loneliness.

For the past few weeks, Nick had crippled under the pressure of being alone. Of being useless. Of being the reason that his life was so unworthy of happiness. Now, finally on good terms with his life, his future, and his destiny, the male turned to glare at the people behind him. He had no interest in pursuing anything other than his goal. His mind erased all hopes of salvation. He was, from here on out, going to be the bitter people he always feared he would be. His entire life, he had been living a lie. Happiness was just a foolish joke to him. Never again would it let that world ruin him.

[[ There will be a series of journal entries to explain this sudden outburst. They'll, hopefully, pop up sometime later today and tomorrow.]]

5. Characters in this post:
    Adam walked quietly next to Rynn and Gavyn enjoying the peaceful walk. During the walk he was finally able to write in his journal some which was a great stress reliever for Adam. He hated getting mad at people so he would vent in his journal My gods if someone ever read this journal they'd realize what an ass I can be, I'd be worse than Nick...nah no one can be worse than Nick...maybe Nick and a clone of him...may the gods have mercy on us if that happens! Adam thought.

Adam entertained himself whilst writing by tossing seeds at Nick, he couldn't help but chuckle softly whenever a seed hit Nick. Everything was going well he walked along thinking of names for the Clan, and ways everyone could combine their powers.

All that quiet thinking was suddenly interrupted by Nick's outburst it was loud and full of hate. Adam's happy expression fell sullen upon hearing Nick's outburst. Upon the end of Nick's rant Adam slowly walked up to the man. Adam could feel the hate, and anger around the man. It was palpable almost, most people would get depressed just by standing near the man. Adam placed his hand upon Nick's shoulder calmly.

"Nick, I know you're angry and I know you're full of hate right now. And don't understand why the gods chose you as a hero, I'm sure everyone of us here wonders that. I know you hate the fact that you're the hero of darkness, and because of it you're full of hate and fear. I don't know who Dek is he seems like someone you loved I am sorry that he is dead. You can't blame yourself though Nick the gods are wise and they chose you as the hero of Darkness because they know you're the right person for the element. Darkness is a tricky element it's powerful but can drive weak men insane due to the sadness it can bring, the gods know you are a strong willed man and can handle the darkness and not fall victim to it. Don't be saddened my friend, I know you can do it." Adam patted Nick's shoulder and looked around.

"We need to find someplace to sleep."

6. Characters in this post:
    Kris had remained silent, just like she swore she would as they crossed into New Vegra. Instantly she felt sick to her stomach. Like the death and evil were pressing in around her, trying to snuff out the light she was trying to foster. Her chest felt tight as she pressed a hand to her heart. She didn't like this place. Not at all. She didn't want to be here. It was hard to swallow, hard to focus, even more so than normal. Her skin was crawling and she felt like if she blinked too long she would never see the light again.

Taking a deep breath she kept up pace though, knowing that if she got left behind again Rynn would throw a bigger fit. She knew that they would have it out again, only next time it would be worse.

When Nick had his mini melt down Kris frowned. Every word he uttered just made that pain and tightness in her chest grow. This wasn't a good place for any of them. They needed to find his friend and get out. She ran her hands through her hair, tugging slightly at the pale strands with frustration, she didn't know what to do, what to say to help. She had pissed them all off lately she didn't want to say something stupid and make it worse.

Luckily enough for her though, Adam stepped in and tried to calm her counterpart down. Frowning, Kris stepped closer to the others as she listened to him. The thought of spending the night in this place was unsettling, she doubted she would get much sleep if any at all. At least it would give her a break to try and play with her powers some more while the others slept. So as much as she didn't want to agree with Adam, he was right. They'd need some rest soon. Kris just hoped that that meant they could get out of this place tomorrow. The less time here, the better.

7. Characters in this post:
    "Touch me again, punk, and I'll kick your sorry ass. I don't need your words nor your pity. Just leave me the fuck alone. I don't need people like you trying to cheer me up. Allow me to suffer. It's what I'm here for. So why don't you just the fuck up and do what you're good at, making things grow. And while you're ate it, why don't you make us a shelter since you're all high and mighty. Tch, pricks like you fucking annoy me."

Folding his arms over his chest, the male turned his back to the group and let those cold eyes gaze back up at the stars that were just starting to dot the dimming field of air above them. Within the next hour, darkness would surround them and Nick would be at the advantage.

Almost as if he enjoyed the thought of having the others begging for his protection, Nicholas laughed. It was the dark laugh that was usually associated with the mentally insane. Cackling, his red eyes seemed to glow in the fading light.

"Soon, you'll all be puppets of the night. Mine to control. I hope you enjoy the night for I shall make your slumber living hell. Muwah ha ha ha ha!" Still laughing uncontrollably the black haired human turned his head over his shoulders. Staring down the group that was following so closely, his white fang-like teeth became fully visible.

Tonight, he thought, will be most entertaining. He had every intention of keeping each hero awake by filling their heads with nightmares and horror. Why he wanted to do this was beyond the grasp of him. There was just something in his core that had finally snapped. Perhaps it was the start of something? An inner struggle to determine the true face of Nick. By night was he to become a monster? A demon? And then, by day, would he become sweet and almost angelic? Only the rising sun would make sense of this bizarre dip in emotional instability.

8. Characters in this post:
    Silent Jenna followed behind Nick. As they walked she kept her eyes roaming their surroundings, looking for danger. She was always doing that, scoping out anything that might pose a threat. When Nick stopped walking and went on a long rant Jenna frowned. What is his problem? She thought to herself. He just went from happy to depressed in a short amount of time.

When Adam walked over to Nick she knew instantly that it wasn't a good idea. Her observation was correct when Nick snapped at him. She did not like how Darkness was talking. Drifting closer her cloak snapped behind her. What was his problem all of the sudden? He was being a complete prick and it was beginning to piss Jenna off. And what was with the evil laughter?

As he told them all he was going to make their night a living hell Jenna finally snapped. "Enough!" She yelled, glaring at him. Planting her feet shoulders with apart Jenna called to her element. The sky started cracking with lightning and one small bolt landed right next to Nick. He could probably feel the electricity and heat from it. "Say one more word like that and I will strike you down. Do you understand me? I've had enough of the bullshit today. What is your problem Nick?" Her tone was filled with ice, pure ice. She was not one to mess with when she lost her temper.

9. Characters in this post:
    Adam was taken back a bit, all he was trying to do was help Nick. Adam was slightly angry his breathing slowed but he was fine. Adam decide not to think much about Nicks comments towards him. He stepped away from the group and slowed his breathing more to calm himself he was on the verge of snapping at Nick he was fed up with the man. Adam understood he was sad and angry, that's fine but he didn't have to take it out on him when he was trying to help him.

Over his breathing Adam heard Nicks evil comment on controlling them like puppets, Adam had had enough and wasn't going to let Nick harm anyone in the night. Adam whipped around, his face was angry and dark he was going to knock this ass down a peg.

His hands glowed with a green mist like aura, the seeds around his right arm glowed. All of them shot forth long vines all wrapping around Nick's neck. Adam's gold eyes usually caring were filled with anger. His vines were gripping Nick's neck tightly not terribly tight but tight enough to get Nick's attention.

"LISTEN YOU!" Adam yelled, something he never did but now was the perfect time to "I am sick! SICK! Of your attitude! We all get it, you had it bad! WE ALL DID! My entire family was slaughtered, my sister died in my arms! I'm sorry someone close to you died, it sucks we all feel your pain! Like it or not we're all stuck together for quite sometime, and you threatening us over something we didn't do isn't a good way to start this adventure! You can't just keep going around thinking everyone here is out to get you! We are on your side Nick, I'm sorry that I'm at the moment strangling you, but I tried being nice to you, and I tried ignoring you. SO now we're here!" The vines around Nick's neck tightening.

Adam withdrew the vines causing Nick to drop to the ground, Adam glared over Nick "I'm an easy person to get along with Nick, but when you threaten people I care about and myself I will defend them. I will do the same for you, but you have to trust me Nick."

"Oh and about the shelter" Adam's hands glowed with the green mist aura as he smacked both his hands into the the ground causing vines to gather around and form a large shelter. "I'll take watch" Adam smack the ground again causing a large tree to grow, Adam climbed up the tree swiftly and took perch within the branches hidden from view.

10. Characters in this post:
    Kris couldn't handle this. She felt like she was being crushed. Nick was loosing it and it wasn't boding well for her. They needed to stay balanced. She couldn't create the light on her own yet. She needed him to balance her. But her light was already so weak. With his darkness growing he was swallowing her light whole. No i can't let him. She told herself. I can't let the darkness win. Squeezing her eyes shut as he laughed she clamped her hands over her ears. "Stop it stopit stop it." She mumbled through gritted teeth. Then both jenna and Adam yelled at him. Pulling her hands away she opened her eyes and witnessed the fight, the yelling and threats, and the violence.

Could she really do this? Bring herself to fight and kill like the others after already seeing so much death? Maybe, but she couldn't fight with them, not like this. Yelling she could put up with but the threats, the actual hurting one another, she couldn't handle that. Adam was furious. Yet hesstill thought of the others first, creating a quick shelter and a look out post before he climbed the tree and started watch.

Glancing at the others, Kris swallowed hard, too frazzled to even try to get to sleep. Her eyes went up the tree to where adam was. Four eyes were better than two right? Kris was obviousl not as good with plats as Adam was, but she managed to climb up after him relativly easily. She just hoped he didn't mind her small intrusion. She found a seat on a branch near him and peered down at the others. Would they all even be abletostand being in the same little shelter with Nick after his threat?

"I'm sorry." She said softly, albeit suddenly. Apologizing for everything withthe two simple words, her attitude, her lack of help, her failure with her powers, her trapping him earlier. She hoped he would at least accept, or try to talk to her since it seemed like Rynn would throw away any apology she tried to make.

11. Characters in this post:
    Rynn realized quite quickly that her day had gone from worse to hell. She had thought that it would get better from there, but no, Nick wasn't about to let that happen. If Light wasn't throwing a hissy fit, Nick was. Clearly the gods had paired her with a gaggle of children. She was about to take the necessary steps to quiet Nick down, but Adam took the lead. Rynn smiled softly as she saw him do that. Good, someone else was willing to be the bad guy for the sake of the group.

And so, she stood to the side, quite calmly, arms across her chest watching with a small smirk playing on her lips. Perhaps the others were scared of Nick's threats but Rynn found him to be quite harmless. It wasn't like he'd actually make good on his threat, no not at all. And if he tried, Rynn would start him on a slow roast until he stopped. She wasn't above inflicting pain for the betterment of the group. The smirk never left her lips as the entire thing went down, and she even let out a small chuckle when he burst into maniacal laughter. It was all really quite comical from her perspective. She wasn't going to let his drama become hers.

Adam made his tree, and Rynn began to walk towards it to talk to him, distract him, make him laugh. But unfortunately, that ridiculous light elf beat her to it. But tonight, Rynn would allow the light elf to think she'd won the battle. Rynn was above silly territory battles over a man, because Light was evidentally making her moves. Classic female behavior. Man gets upset? You follow him and calm him down. Then he sees you as something special and somehow that leads to winning him. But Rynn, well Rynn didn't fight the battle like that, she fought it with class and style. Not silly ploys to make a man feel close to you. She believed in true closeness, not closeness that had to be brought on by a fight.

And so instead of comforting her current favored, Rynn turned her attention to Nick. She strolled up to him casually, standing next to him and looking up at the sky. "You don't have to be what they say you are, you know." she smirked softly, her voice gentle and calm "You can prove them wrong." A moment later, a small cat that glowed with a distinct fire padded its way up to Nick, sitting next to him and purring as it rubbed his leg. But it didn't hurt, the small nudges from the beast, as Rynn had managed to make it a fire that did not burn those that she did not wish it too. Rynn remained standing there next to him, the moonlight shining in her crimson curls and the gentle glow of the cat sitting at his feet.

12. Characters in this post:
    ((accidental double post))

13. Characters in this post:
    Adam was fuming not just at Nick but at himself he hated getting angry at people especially his friends. Adam manipulated the branches to intertwine and form a seat which he sat upon crossed legged. Adam knew he needed to calm down and relax, he began deeply breathing with his eyes shut.

I can't believe I did that, I feel terrible but Nick needs to realize that he isn't a special case that everyone in the Clan had hardships and had people close to us die. Adam thought to himself

Adam let out a low breath he was finally relaxing and could feel himself calming. All this was interrupted by a rustling heard from below, Adam's ear perked up he knew someone was trying to climb up the tree, he figured it was Nick coming up to chew him out for strangling him. Adam's fists clenched preppy for the dark ones attack. Adam was about to strike when he heard a female voice in his ear. He turned and saw that Light had climbed the tree. She had a concerned look on her face.

Adam was still fairly mad and didn't want any residual anger to be thrown at Light just for trying to help him, he looked at the girl his eyes not angry or caring just dead. "Thank you Light, I'll be fine right now I'm angry at Nick but mainly I'm angry at myself for doing what I did. I do thank you though but currently I am still angry and don't want to yell at you for something you didn't do. You've had a long day as well you need rest, get some sleep. We can talk tomorrow when I'm in a better mood, night Light." Adam waved his glowing hand causing a branch to gently grip Light's mid torso, a gently carry her to the ground.

Adam re-assumed his meditation position and closed his eyes and began deeply breathing to calm himself once again, prepping himself for the night of watch.

14. Characters in this post:
    It was both a relief and a stress to be in the city of New Vegra. Gavyns sandals were starting to wear away on the arch and heel of her feet, perhaps picking up a more appropriate pair of leather hide slippers would be a more appropriate shoe for travel. Mulling over the thought she sighed, it was one benefit or the other, she needed the sandals because they were easy to remove and come time that she is near water, if she immerses her feet within her element it is far easier to let it move through her, but boy her feet were killing her. Thankfully the group had stopped not to far upon entering the city, Gavyn let out a sigh of relief when she quickly pulled her foot up just enough so she could rub her ankle. It’s quite sad I don’t have the stamina for this with my family background… ”You’ve got more Ambers in you than Locke, my dear you know that.” She smiled at the comment echoing in her head, surprised that her grandmothers voice had stayed so silent for so long during the trip. It was true, her mothers side of the family was much more fair and ill-equipped to handle ventures like this than the Locke side. It was obvious that this journey was going to be a heavy trial for Gavyn, but she was destined to prove herself and prove herself she would.

It wasn’t long before the groups silence was broken by Nick, who was far different than the Nick she had previously met. Gavyn couldn’t help but be taken back by it, maybe now she was seeing the side of him that everyone already knew. Was he really that prone to sudden changes in mood? It was very strange to say the least, and almost frightening. He didn’t seem to be talking to anyone in the group but proceeded to belt out his own Monologue of Darkness and Despair. Taken back by the whole thing she blinked wide eyed at Nicks long and slender frame, everything he said… it couldn’t be true could it? Who was this man? What life has he lead? Is this really such a curse to him?

A curse. Were these powers Gavyn perceived as gifts from the gods… were they really just curses? It was hard to fathom these powers negatively. Sure they were difficult to master and yes, technically Gavyn and the others would never be considered normal humans but they obtained these powers for the sake of something good, and she could never look at them as anything but a blessing.

Lucky enough, Adam approached Nick calmly to try and ease the poor souls mind. It was a very kind hearted thing to do, and in her eyes it needed to be done. Even if he would not accept his advances of friendship and advice, letting a distraught mind such as his know that he had support, that he wasn’t truly alone was still useful. And so it was, Nick did his best to push away Adam. He cursed away and flailed about with laughter. To be honest, his antics were starting to bring Gavyn to worry… was he really threatening them? A slow gulp swallowed in the back of her throat as she nervously tugged at her cream colored dress.

It wasn’t long before Jennas voice finally rang out amongst all of them, a large and powerful bolt of lightning crashed beside Nick, not too far from Adam as well, sending Gavyn a few steps back in shock. “Ah~!” The quick high pitched scream escaped her lips against her will as her chest raised and fell. “What power!” Within moments she seemed to be more exhilarated and distracted by the summoning of a lightning bolt than with Nicks rantings. Advancing her knowledge in the elements was always her first priority, since she could never be physically powerful it was important that she was mentally powerful. A few wavy strands of her hair raised up into the air, the static surrounding the scene. She could feel the disturbance in the air, and looked up to see what was happening, quickly doing her best to smooth down the loose strands.

Within moments, it was not only Jenna scolding him, but Adam as well. It wasn’t very fair for Nick to lash out at us, especially to Adam who went out of his way to try and help. Shock filled Gavyns wide eyes as she witness what Adam was now doing, clearly distraught and furious the same he was wrapping thick vines around Nicks neck, she could hear the scratching and tightening of the vines, it was making her skin crawl. Then the word came back to her, Curse. We were gifted with a magnificent power, but with this great power… we can inflict great damage. This thought struck a chord with the frozen still girl. She also didn’t expect this kind of reaction from Adam, the violence, could his anger really bring him to this?

Her body broke its tense stance as he retracted his vines, soon sprouting a large tree before their eyes. Almost as fast as he had grown it, he leapt up into the cloak of it’s bright leaves. I don’t think he wanted to do that…, she thought to herself before stepping up beside the tree. Poking it with her finger, she pulled a small patch of bark off and placed it in her satchel to keep and analyze. ”I wonder if this holds all the traits of a real tree, one of this size would easily take 100s of years to grow. Wow, I wonder how much power it takes to do this…” So wrapped up in this display of power she didn’t notice The Heroine of Light scale the tree until all Gavyn could see were her feet. “Hm, maybe she can ease his mind…”

This wasn’t the time for Gavyn to get too wrapped up in the powers of her clan but to instead help seek out shelter with the group. Looking over her shoulder she saw that Rynn was going to give a small attempt to relax Nick as well, and it was probably more likely to work a second time. Rynn had a way with words, with all of us, she knew what to say and when to say it, even if we didn’t want to hear it. Just another trait that a leader like her would easily possess. Gavyn had to control herself when she saw the elemental beast doddle up beside the introverted man. Oh how badly she wanted to go over and get a closer look, it was even touching him without causing burns! ”Gavyn… calm yourself.” The voice of her grandmother rang in her head again and she smiled nodding.

Now as much as this city was probably her least favored option to sleep in, it was going to have to be the case. They weren’t going to advance any further with the issues at hand and it was best to just attempt to call it a night for now and hope things get better in the morning. They weren’t going to sleep under this large tree were they? It was clearly noticeable amongst the cityscape and getting ambushed while sleeping would be the worst turn of events… if sleep is even possible with the way Nick has been sinisterly cackling over there. Renting rooms out for the night would be far too expensive, especially in this greedy city. What were they going to do? The dwindling patches of land they were currently standing in were walled by the back entrances of what Gavyn could only assume to be a series of stores that had suffered from a fire. Signs were lined up all around them heading any trespassers caution, but maybe if they were lucky they would be abandoned… and looking at the rotten appearance of them all it was likely they were. “Uhm… what about… in here?” It was a mere suggestion, and the location wasn’t ideal, but it was better than standing out in the open. Pushing the door open, perhaps they were lucky, inside it was only mildly damaged and the only inhabitants were a few rats that scurried away when she let some moonlight into the building.

15. Characters in this post:
    When the lightning bolt struck the earth beside the male, Nick could only laugh. Did she really think she could scare him? Intimate him with such petty attacks? Was she foolish enough to think that he hadn't cloaked himself with darkness as a means of protection?

Had they been able to see under his garments, they would have seen that his skin was laced with black magic, shadows. Safe in his own skin, the male scoffed and moved forward to shove Jenna out of his way.

He was tempted to cover her mouth with a black cloud of silence, but his attention was diverted to Adam. The little forest dweller dared to mock him? Picking a fight with him while he was in his prime fighting state? It hardly seemed like a fair fight. But, to amuse the little rat, Nick allowed his vines to wrap around his body. Snaking their way up to his neck, the male could only suppress his laughter, as the vines worming up his body were almost tickling him.

Enjoying the soothing satisfaction of having his body caressed, Nick was finally released and able to advance on the male. Slug him and maybe even show the twerp what it felt like to have the life choked out of you. But, to his dismay, Kris had already wandered off to console the down-to-earth male. If it weren't for the fact that Nick was feeling lazy, he would have cut the base of the tree. Watching both Kris and Adam flail in the air. Now, that would have been pure entertainment. However, that dream was short lived as he was not being met with the eyes of the one person he truly respected and probable even feared.

How was it that everyone else always snapped at him, but she never added fuel to his fire. Her wisdom was beyond his and he hated to admit that she was on a whole other level. He hissed under his breath as her body came closer to his. He could feel her compassion wrap around him and it drew him near. He almost liked the feeling of being naked beside her. She was able to see past everything. Nothing he did would ever phase her.

How. That's what he wanted to know. How was she able to see him for who he really was. No matter what face he wore or what act he put on, she was always there to spoil everything. It was as if she was just as obsessed with him as he was of her. If this were true, it might explain why she never feared him and why she was always the one to offer him her hand.

"You see me as I really am..." he whispered under his breath. It was almost as if he wore a halo when she looked at him. Rynn seemed to place him on a pedestal and it tore at his flesh. In her mind, she saw him as something he wasn't. Those emerald eyes of hers just looked ever so intently into his soul. Raping him without even removing his pants, Nick sunk into the fetish position. His legs were wadded up against his body and his arms were wrapped around those legs. Head tilted down, his eyes spied the little fiery creature that was nibbling at his pants.

His muscles, though drawn tight, seemed to tremble in fright. He knew he had mad a mistake, but he didn't know what. Why couldn't he recall anything? What had he done? Why was everyone so mad at him? Had he kissed someone? Did he hurt someone? It was almost as if his mind had erased the actions he had just spit out less than ten minutes ago. Why was it happening to him? What was with him? Was he really... losing it?

Nick's mind flickered a few times. Bits and pieces seemed to play in his mind, but the movie was incomplete. He couldn't tell what had happened. All he knew was that Rynn was so far away. Although she was right beside him, he felt so distance. Why was the space between them so vast? Was he slipping from reality? Or was it her that was fading?

Snapping to his feet, the male reached out to grab Rynn. When his hands passed through her body, Nick's face became contorted with agony. She's... she's... a... a ghost? When did... when did she... she... s-sh-sh-s-sh-she... she can't be... dead. His breath was fast and short. Hyperventilating would soon follow as his panic attack racked at his body. Still trembling, tears now cluttered his eyes as his nose flared to release a stream of air.

"Why... why do they all die...." he whimpered out before collapsing on the earth. Eyes turned up to Rynn, he just watched as her figure started to fade. A small fit of tears slid down his already tear-stained cheeks. His chest was heavy and sore. The booming thunder of his tears seeping into the ground couldn't even calm the male. In his mind, Rynn was dead. Dead! But he didn't even know why.

You killed her. A voice ripped through his mind. I... I what? You killed her. Just like you killed me. In cold blood. No... that's... no... it... can't... no... it's not true. It can't be true. Rynn... she's my friend. I... I wouldn't hurt her. Like that stopped you. YOU KILLED ME! And I'm your brother! I... I didn't kill you! I... I couldn't have... I... no... Deks... I would never hurt you. Tch, believe what you want. You bring this pain upon yourself. You kill anyone that makes you happy. You killed me, you killed Jenny Lynn, and now you've killed Rynn. Mom, Dad, and our sister died because of you too. You are a killer, Nick. A killer. And, because of that, I hate you. No, brother. You're wrong... I-I didn't hurt anyone! I don't remember killing anyone. I... I.... I don't want to be alone... Deks....? Deks....

His hands covered up his face before Nick started yanking at his hair. "D-d-don't leave me... I... I... I don't want to... d-d-d-die... a-alone."

His eyes were raw from crying and his voice was practically shot. It was scratchy and hardly understandable. His body was still jerking about as he laid there beneath the full moon. A small stream of blood trickled from the corner of his lips, but that was nothing in comparison to the pool of blood that was now forming at Nick's hips.

Relinquishing the blade that he dug into his wrist, Nick's eyes fought to stay open. Sinking into a comatose state, the male muttered out a final string of words. "I'm sorry, Rynn. I didn't mean to kill you...." The tone was soft and almost romantic. There was a hint of sorrow that dotted her name, but the pleasure of his blood flooding from his body, almost made his final message seem happy. Nonetheless, with that, his body went limp as his eyes closed.

As if that wasn't bad enough, his body was on fire. A fever set in, which triggered the hallucinations that Rynn was dead. Furthermore, the guilt that plagued Nick's mind was finally running a muck. Making sense of his past, Nick had finally discovered the truth behind an event he tried to rid of. He had always blamed the la'Ronk for his brother's death, but it was actually Nick that put an end to Deks' life. Much like tonight, Nick was possessed by some spirit and it was able so consume Nick in an aura of darkness. Up until now, Nick was unaware of this demonic presence, but, in his weakened state, the male was completely dependent on the others as he was unable to fight off the intruder. Though he might be able to win on the inside, his body was too weak on the outside to take the strain of an inner conflict. His life was now entrusted into their hands and they weren't even aware of the fact that Nick was slowly slipping away. Should they not be able to cure the fever, or at least get it down to a less threatening level, Nick would be gone at the crack of dawn.

16. Characters in this post:
    Just as she thought she had found an appropriate place to let things simmer down, things really took off. Her head swung back behind her, casting her long wavy locks through the air as she sent her gaze toward Nick, now crouching and convulsing beside Rynn. Nothing but a gasp escaped her lips as she watched the horrific sight unfold before her, this was truly more than just a switch in personality. Gavyn was right, this wasn’t him… this couldn’t be him. Something was wrong, and Nick was in grave danger.

The worst part was, Gavyn couldn’t bring herself to move in the moment. It was like all she could do was watch, her feet frozen to the earth below her as she watched the event unfold. She was scared. But she couldn’t falter now, now wasn’t the time to be afraid. Taking a few deep breaths she clenched her fists, the moment almost slowing down around her as she made her way toward the now collapsed Nick on the ground, digging up the earth with the heel of his boots as his body clenched in agony.

How could she have not thought of this before? “Nick!” It was hard to say how the others would react, seeing as he not more than seconds alone pushed away everyone he could push away. She came crashing to her knees in the dirt. “Nicholas.” She patted his cheek and scooped his head into her palm to try and get him to look at her. “Please. I need you to try and control yourself for a moment, what you're seeing it isn't real! Don't fall prey to the demon corrupting you! Stay strong, please! I think I can help you.” She leaned close to him and pressed her thumb and forefinger against the skin above and below his eye, stretching it out to see a bit deeper into his eyes, seeing what she feared most. His pupils were moving rapidly, he was seeing but he wasn’t there with them, he was somewhere else, but did he know? “Rynn! This is Void!” She tried to explain to her leader what was going on as quickly as she could, but all the panic and nervousness in her voice were making shambles of her speech. “I read somewhere, in my texts while studying the elements and the past element lists endeavors. I… I never thought it could form a pattern like this but it seems as though Nick is suffering just the same as the past Elementalist of Darkness did.” While she spoke she patted her hands about Nicks body, trying to find any other physical signs, “He.. He.. Came under position of the Void, you know because Darkness is so perceptive to the demons… Void preys on weakness, doubt, fear… clinging to those things and driving the captive soul mad. This isn’t Nick!” As she concluded her statement she found her dress was now stained with blood, the crimson color seeping into the stitches of the crème dress.

Pulling her hands up to her face she realized they too were stained with that of fresh blood. “Oh… no..” Panic was seeping it’s way to her mind as she trembled trying to compose herself. “I need, to heal him now. I… I’ve only practiced on animals, I don’t know how well I can do!” She looked up at Rynn with a worried expression on her face as her eyes started to gloss over, on the verge of tears. But somehow, looking at Rynn she knew she couldn’t hold back, she couldn’t let doubt and fear rule her, and besides… someone’s life was hanging in the balance. She could help save him! Sniffing deeply and taking a deep couple of breaths she grabbed the vessel that hung by a leather strap over her shoulder, the water inside was purified already. Thankfully there was a decent amount of it, the least she could do was try and stop his bleeding and bring him back from his weakened state.

Sitting on her legs she closed her eyes and calmed herself as much as she could. “Just… hang in there, Nick.” Waving her hand about in the air she began to summon the purified water out into the air, hanging in a stream, she took her other hand and went on to take the glowing liquid and form it into a ball, a light inside the water pulsing with light. The pulsation made a sound reminiscent of a wave going in and out, Gavyn was trying to concentrate as much of her power as possible into the ball of water floating before her. As her eyes opened, they too were shining brightly as the aura of glowing blue light spread in her fists, the water at its brightest now.

Concentrated and taking another deep breath she leaned toward Nicks shaking body, the look of helplessness in his eyes made Gavyns heart ache, could she help? “This is going to feel strange, but trust me it won’t hurt…” With that, she moved her hands down, and made a pushing motion toward the ball of purified water, the light and water moving inside his chest and soon disappearing into his skin. Breathing rapidly Gavyns eyes frantically moved about his body, once the light was inside him, his physical wounds began to heal before their eyes, leaving nothing but dried blood. The physical wounds were concerning of course, and she was relieved that they had healed up nicely, but that wasn’t her biggest worry. It was the worry that the healing light would seep into his heart, soul and mind to evacuate the demon inside him. “Oh please, please work…” Gavyn pressed her pink lips together nervously, biting them lightly as she leaned over him, this body laying before her was far more of a feat to heal than any of the field mice, rabbits or birds she had healed in the past. She hadn’t worked on a body this size and under so much turmoil but she prayed that mixed with her healing magic, he would have enough willpower left to accept it and push out Void.

17. Characters in this post:
    At least he hadn't screamed at her or fought with her. For a moment he was only calm, though he was shocked for one reason or another, but then something went very, very wrong. He was on the ground, grasping her legs for dear life. Rynn knelt down, wrapping her arms around him and holding him to her. "Nick its okay... it's going to be okay..." she whispered to him, as calm as a snowfall, the fire missing from her voice. But he could not hear, he was somewhere very very far away.

She lost track of his actions then, though Rynn attempted to calm him every step of the way, holding him to her though it seemed he believed she wasn't there. And then he mumbled something about killing her, about her death "Nick, love I am not dead... I am right here..." she purred to him, though her words were lost on him. The fire cat had disappeared, Rynn's focus needing to attend to something else.

As he began to fall to the ground, Rynn did her best to ease him down, though he yet again did not react, his eyes stared far off and at nothing. The fire heroine was seriously started to panic, though of course she kept her composure. The others couldn't see her struggle. As she held him, rocking him bad and forth gently, Rynn found sticky blood between her fingers, and her lovely emerald eyes widened in horror. And then it struck her, she was going to have to watch someone she cared about die in front of her for the second time in her life.

No. It wouldn't happened, the woman pulled bandages out of her bag and began to clean and attempt to press the wounds, though the blood kept coming. Moving quickly, Rynn took Nick's weapons off of him so he couldn't hurt himself anymore. Rynn turned her head, hearing someone bolting towards her. At Gavyn's appearance, a sense of relief fell over her. Water could heal, hadn't she been told that?

Rynn immediately moved aside, allowing water to do what only she could. In a moment a great duress, the young heroine was coming through, and had she not been so concerned, Rynn would have been quite proud of her. She didn't speak at Gavyn's explaination, the fire heroine could only sit by her side and bite her lower lip nervously, her eyes frantically searching over and over Nick's body, waiting for his last breaths to leave him or for Gavyn's magic to start working.

And then it did, and a large smile broke across Rynn's face, her emerald eyes starting to sparkle again. She had to fight the urge to gather Gavyn up in her arms and hug her tightly, screaming in triumph and celebration. But Gavyn's work wasn't done, and Rynn could not interrupt her, and so she busied herself with stroking Nick's cheek, brushing his hair from his face and wiping the fever sweat from his brow. Using an ability she did not know she had until this moment, Rynn felt some of his fever heat leave his body and flow into hers, cooling him down to a safer level.

"Gavyn.... thank you... you have done something no one else could, I certainly couldn't have saved him by myself. Thank god you noticed." Rynn said gently, casting her forest colored gaze to Gavyn's face and then turning back to look at Nick, searching his eyes for any sign of consciousness.

18. Characters in this post:
    Out of the corner of her eye Jenna watched Nick freak out again. Frowning she turned her head so she could watch him more closely. After watching him become sick and hurt himself Jenna felt absolutely horrible. She shouldn't have snapped at him or threatened him. It wasn't his fault now that Gavyn explained about the Void.

Biting her lip Jenna took a step backwards not sure if she should go over there. To be honest she was ashamed of herself and when Nick was better she was going to apologize. Jenna couldn't believe she had lost her temper like that. Nick was her friend she should have be more considerate. But it was to late now, she was just going to have to make it up to him.

Pulling her staff out of her boot once again Jenna pushed the button to lengthen it. Walking over to an old stump she sat down on top of it in the lotus position. Placing her staff in her lap Jenna closed her eyes. She was going to wait there until Nick was better. Then she was going to apologize. Slowing her breathing Jenna kept her ears open to anything. This was how she strengthened her senses, especially her hearing.

19. Characters in this post:
    [[Sorry, this is being locked for the time being. PM me for details.]]

20. Characters in this post:
    Adam was calm having vented into his journal and meditated. He knew he needed to apologize to not only Nick but to everyone for his outburst. He figured he should wait till morning let all the tension settle.

Adam's peace was suddenly inturrputed by a calamity over by where he'd last seen Nick, Adam burst from the tree dive rolling to the ground. He rushed over to Nick, he was hurt but Gavyn was healing him Adam smiled glad to see Nick wasn't hurt.

Adam waved his hand towards the ground causing a beautiful flower to bloom, one of a mix of blue and red with a white center. Adam plucked the flower from the ground and tucked it in his belt. He then placed his hand in the dirt around them all, his hands glowed as he twirled the dirt around into the shape of a bowl.

He took the flower out from his belt and placed it in the bowl, with his right hand he used his knuckles to mash the flower into a paste. He tapped Gavyn's shoulder and handed the bowl to her "Here, if he has any, this will help with residual pain. Just mix it with water and have him drink it." Adam was still embaressed about what he had done to Nick, he knew that most people would see him as an angry idiot and he hated that.

"Gavyn, Rynn I apologize for my anger earlier towards Nick it was uncalled for. I'd apologize to Nick to but he's out currently, the best I can do is give him that medicine if he needs it. Probably won't though to be honest I know little of your healing abilities Gavyn. They are impressive though, very impressive. I'll give you all some space."

Adam walked away from Nick praying to the gods that he'd be okay, Adam walked over to Jenna and grew a stump next to her and sat crossed legged on it. "He'll be fine don't worry Jenna, I know you feel bad about getting mad but hey! At least you didn't strangle him!"

21. Characters in this post:
    Rynn nodded to Adam as he walked up and apologize, though her eyes were still on Nick's face. "Its all right Adam" her voice was gentle "It's been a long and emotional day, and sometimes people manage to push a nerve, and we just have to deal with it. You didn't cause whats happening to him now, thats not your fault." she offered Adam a consoling smile and then returned her attention back to Nick, making sure his fever stayed down.

22. Characters in this post:
    Kris didn't know what to do as she watched the other two women tend to Nick after his fit. She glanced down at her throbbing wrist where a small cut wireless the gash on his own. But as gavyn healed Nick, the cut on her own arm faded. Taking her thumb she wiped away the small drop of blood.

It was late, the moon high in the sky. Kris hated this time of night. She felt useless. Unable to do anything. But the drama had kept her distracted for a while. Midnight was passing and she could feel bits of energy returning to her. Maybe now, since nick obviously needed rest, and the others could use some too, would be a good time to play with her powers. She didn't have much right now so she couldn't make anything explode at least.

With as much as she wanted to check on Nick she resisted. Rynn was tending to him. He was in good hands and Kris didn't want to set the woman off. Her eyes drifted over to where Adam and Jenna sat. Slowly she crossed over to them and stood behind them a bit awkwardly for a moment before she moved around to stand beside them.

"Can...can I ask you guys something?
    she started softly, chewing on her lip a bit nervously she held her hands a part and tried to make a simple small orb form between them. Brow creasing, the light was dim, the orb barely the size of a marble before it burst into little sparks that fizzled as they fell to the ground. "How..." she stopped her self, unsure of how exactly to ask what she wanted, and still rather nervous that they'd simply ignore her."How did you guys learn to do this stuff? Control your elements?" she finally settled on. Eyes were a bi fearful, expecting rejection as she looked to the two elder elementals.

23. Characters in this post:
    Hearing Adam walk over to her Jenna opened one eye and looked at him. When he told her at least she didn't strangle Nick she chuckled. Leaning over she gave Adam a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you for that Adam. You made me feel a little bit better. When he waked up I'm going to apologize to him. You, Rynn, and I have the worst tempers of the bunch. Us to more so than her," Jenna said with another chuckle and a smile.

Jenna heard Kris come up behind the two of them but she didn't say anything. Then when she came to stand in front of them she listened. She almost wanted to be rude and ignore the younger girl but decided not to. "Well..it just came natural to me I guess. Though I did practice a lot. For me I just let everything go and focus solely on my lightning. I don't think about anything else, or else I would get distracted. After you master your element you no longer have to do that. Meditation works wonders to. Try meditating first then using your element, shut everything out."

Looking over to Adam she waited to see if he had anything to add. Jenna had surprised herself by giving so much information away. She didn't normally do that. "Also one more thing. You need to feel your element. I mean you need to feel light and then you can create light." Resting her chin in her hand Jenna glance up at Light.

24. Characters in this post:
    Although his body was free of its gashes and lacerations, Nick still remained in a comatose state. On the outside, the battle was being won, but, within the inner most part of his mind, Nick was losing the war. As if it were a bad nightmare, Nick was confronted by the people he loved most and all of them were tormenting him. Torturing him and demanding that his life be taken as payment for stealing away their souls.

Like I could ever love you. You're the reason I'm a la'Ronk! Had you not been so stupid, I could have been with you. But I want nothing to do with you now. You killed me. But I... I didn't know I was hurting you. Please, Jenny, you have to believe me. Can it, punk. No one wants your pity. Just man up and do what's right. Die and make this right. But how will that make things right? If you don't repay your debt to us, Nick, then we'll continue to taunt you. Would you like to see Kris die? How about Jenna? Adam? Everyone from the group? You killed me, now allow my to show you what it felt like to have my life striped from me. Rynn... I... I... no... you.... Tch, you're a waste of my time. I've had enough. Deks, Jenny, let's kill him. Sounds like a plan. The best part is, Nick's biggest fear will come true. He will... die... alone. Can we make it slow and painful? Let me handle that. How about a nice SLOW ROAST!

Nick's fever spiked, causing the male's skin to get clammy and ghostly white. The beads of sweat were ceaseless. With as much as they tried, Gavyn and Rynn wouldn't be able to fend off the fever that cast a red hue to the male's cheeks. Writhing in pain and jerking about like a fish out of water, the screams that followed warned that there was more wrong to the male than met the eyes.

Acting on pure impulse, Kris, the Heroine of Light, rudely left the conversation she was having with Jenna and Adam. Wanting to apologize, the woman couldn't exhaust any time with formality and politeness.

Dropping to her knees, the pale haired woman mounted Nick and placed her ear to his heart. Eyes closing, the woman became to chant something in a tongue that was foreign to even her ears. Sounding like hymns and prayers, the blue-eyed beauty's voice began to shake with vigor. With each word spoken, her voice became louder. The louder she became, the more her body began to glow.

Eyes now becoming a beam of light, she cast her head up to the heavens. Her eyes pierced a hole through the atmosphere that engulfed their little planet. Without blinking, the woman rose to her toes. Hands extending upward, she would soon retire them to a cross in front of her chest.

"Heavens, I beg and plead that you have mercy on his soul. I care not of his nature nor his power, I care only of his well-being. I know my Light can cleanse him of the evil that plagues his beautiful body. I know I have failed you for I have sinned, but allow me to redeem myself by making the ultimate sacrifice. Allow my body to become the vessel the will purge Nick of Void. Being the guardian of Balance, allow my spirit to console his. Allow my power to overwhelm his body, to give him the strength he needs to win."

"I fear not death, but the death of those I love. You have seen the way I lust for this boy. Allow my greed and desire for him save his pure heart. Envy and wrath have corrupt my soul and I would like to fix that. Please, oh great spirits, give me the strength to do what I must to save Nicholas Allen Fusion. Allow I, Kristen Marie Bishop, to be his savior. Had things not happened as they have, I foresaw us being great together. He would have saved my life time and time again, and would have expected nothing in return. So allow me to show him the thanks he deserves. Please, accept this gift, my love."

Dropping to her knees, Kris' entire body began to glow. In mere seconds, her body was naked and her hair was dancing the wind that didn't exist. Pure light energy was surrounding her body, which gave her the courage to what she knew needed to be done.

A passionate kiss was given to the unconscious male. Slithering her rear up so that it was now at his chest, a pair of wings sprouted from her back. Now hovering above him, a single tear dripped onto his face. It was the color of glowing honey and as it moved lethargically down his face, the woman turned her head so that she could look at Nick's face one last time.

"Forgive me, Nicholas. I have failed you for the last time. Allow my soul to heal your wounds. Never again shall you cry because of your past sins."

It was almost as if the gods were on Kris' side because, within seconds of the kiss, the male began to glow. Her hair whirled around her face, veiling the tears that stained her rosy cheeks.

"Heavens, please do not allow the one how receives my strength to endure such torture. May her life be happy and healthy. I do not want another tear to be shed. Enough people have died for our cause. Find a host whose body is pure and clean. Find a mind that is just and kind. Find a soul that won't allow harm to befall on others. Find a woman who is more worthy to embrace this gift you entrusted to me. Allow her purity to shine brighter than ever and let her curiosity give her the strength to push on. Let my voice be the voice of reason that resides in her head, giving her the advice she will need to make it through each battle. Allow her the power to succeed."

Her legs slowly beg to fade away. Shattering into a million glittering particles, the woman reached out a vaporizing hand to caress Nick's cheek.

"Nicholas, please, accept my strength and fight in the name of justice. No longer seek destruction. Allow my light to guide you from the darkness that shrouds your soul. Please, keep kindness in your heart and never forget me."

With a smile appearing onto her face, Kris vanished into the sky. A stream of shimmering flakes of light drifted down to the faces that watched the scene unfold with awe. As the sparkling light padded the faces of the other heroes, her deem became understandable. By willing away her powers, Kris made the ultimate sacrifice to save Nick. The kiss was just a means of transferring her powers into his body, although it had a deeper meaning to Kris, as it was a kiss of death. Nick's lips would be the last thing she would ever remember as her spirit moved on to a brighter place.

Once Kris' ashes finally lost their silver hue, a pair of red eyes opened to gaze upon the world. There wasn't a cloud of darkness that lingered, as Void had been vanquished. Feeling uneasy, Nick rolled over and shifted his weight onto his arms. Shoving himself from the ground, the black haired lad found himself in a pathetic state.

A glowing white sand pouring from his mouth and spilled onto the earth's green canvas. Coming up again, Nick's eyes pleaded that the vomiting come to an end. He had no idea why he was sick and he was even more confused as to white it was a pearly white color.

Exhausted, his arms gave away and his body dropped back onto the earth. Thankfully, someone was quick enough to notice his fainting. Catching his head in her hands, a small smile was painted on Nick's slender face.

"Y-you-you're okay" was all he said before he let his eyes rest. Wore out from the inner battle and from the excitement of having light force the evil out of his body, the Dark Hero needed some rest. If he hoped to be of use to his friends, he would need to sleep. Having Kris' power flood into him was a risky move for if she hadn't rationed it just right, he'd have killed Nick.

With his eyes still shut, Nick dragged his numb fingers across the grass in search for a hand to hold. Often, when people are sick and tired, they will seek out a hand for protection. A sign to know that someone loves them and will be there when their eyes open. Still smiling, the hero drifted into a light sleep.

25. Characters in this post:
    Rynn had been about to say something, to tell Kris to let Gavyn finish, but Kris seemed to know what she was doing. As the scene unfolded before her, the beautiful hero of fire was speechless for quite possibly the first time in her life. Her emerald eyes, as wide as a child's watched the deed unfold before her. How had Kris had so much power hidden within? How had she been able to control it so suddenly?

But perhaps it was because, under great duress, people were capable of great things. Things they couldn't, wouldn't normally do. She fell back, catching herself with her hands before her body would hit the grass. Still staring, Rynn watched as Kris saved the man she'd only just realized she cared about. Unselfishly, Kris had given up all of it, everything she had and was was to be sacrificed to save the hero of dark laying next to the shocked hero of passion and fire. Her lips parted and she brought a hand to shield her eyes from her face, though no matter how much the light stung her eyes Rynn could not look away.

Kris had redeemed herself tenfold, and Rynn felt respect grow inside herself for the young hero. Rynn only wished she'd had the chance to tell Kris this before she'd disappeared, but it only would have ruined the moment. And then she was gone, vanished into thin air. Small slivers of her soul fell from the sky, a few landing on Rynn's upturned cheek as she looked into the black sky, as if looking for an answer as to where Kris went.

And then Nick was awake, looking into her eyes and saying she was okay. With a gentle smile, Rynn brushed the hair from his face "I'm fine Nick, I'm right here, I always have been." she spoke softly, a rare moment of gentleness from the woman as she searched Nicks eyes to learn that there was indeed, no more Void within him. As she felt him close his eyes and relax his body, Rynn gathered him closer to her, her hand there to receive his as he searched.

"It's all right Nick, I'm here... It's all right." she cooed before allowing him to fall into sleep, her hand still clasped to his and refusing to let go until he deemed it time too. Turning her eyes to Gavyn, Rynn was beaming with pride for the young heroine "I know Kris may have been the one to save his soul, but you did a great deed too. You saved his body, and without that his soul could not have survived. Thank you Gavyn, I understand why the gods picked you to be the hero of water. If he wasn't passed out in my arms, I would give you the tightest hug I could muster." Rynn's voice was thick, almost a sound akin to tears when they were stopped and caught in the throat, but Rynn did not cry, though she was nearly moved too by gratitude and respect towards Gavyn and Kris and by relief for Nick's sake.

26. Characters in this post:
    Gavyn sat beside his body and continued to pray for a miracle, anything. She had done her best to aid him, but was it enough? Eyes closed she kept her stained hands folded in her lap, trying to fight back the worried quiver in her lip. Moments later she felt a gentle tap on her freckled shoulder, upon opening her eyes she saw a earthen clay cup held out before her. Looking over her shoulder she saw Adams solemn face, it was clear he truly did feel remorseful for his outburst from earlier. “This is very kind, Adam. And if Nick could hear you right now, he would with no doubt forgive you.” Looking into the cup she examined the medicinal paste that was inside, “This really is a great help, I can only do so much on my own. Thank You.” The ability for the group to pull together in Nicks time of need was impressive, and warmed her heart.

It was a blessing to have Rynn by her side during this ordeal, her presence made it a little easier to stay even the slightest bit composed. The compassion was apparent in every move and every word emanating from the red headed woman. We all cared about each other, that was obvious. Even if we do have our outbursts, it was obvious that we never truly meant to hurt each other. Eyes passing from Rynn to Jenna and Adam off in the distance, it was almost as if they were apologizing with the expressions on their faces, Rynn was right… emotions and tensions had been high, it wasn’t their fault. Bringing her attention back to the cup of medicine, Gavyn proceeded to add some of the purified water from her vessel to the paste but her attention was quickly swept up by The Heroine of Light.

Watching the girl drop to her knees and so abruptly laying atop him, Gavyns eyes watched closely to the scene unfolding before her. That speech, those words were words she couldn’t comprehend, the tongue sounding like something only an Angel herself could speak and in awe she watched as those words began to enchant the Heroine of Lights body, growing brighter and brighter. For a moment Gavyn blocked her eyes, when the burst of light cut through the sky she tried her hardest to peer out her blue eyes behind her forearm for this was something she could not miss.

Kris was beautiful, her words.. They were so moving. Once again, those sapphire eyes of hers were glossing over in a teary haze, was she really doing what she thought she was doing? The winged beauty parted from the kiss and proceeded to raise up into the sky above him, like the heavens were beckoning her. Catching one last glance up at the angelic blonde floating above their heads, a tear finally broke loose as she began to shatter into millions of tiny flecks of gold and light.

As those bits of her soul, her light fell onto her cheeks, she could almost feel the warmth of the heroine who had just sacrificed her soul. It was comforting, it seeped into her skin and sent a tingling through her body, rising goose bumps on every inch of Gavyn.

But it was with the ending of that beautiful display came Nicks awakening, he stirred heavily and began to spew out a substance unknown to the Heroine of Water. Either way, relief and pure joy set in when he finally spoke, his words weak but clearly his own. He was safe, safe from the Void… The Light of Heroine had done it. Watching him collapse in the arms of Rynn, Gavyn rubbed her eyes and smiled happily, “Nick… you’re okay…” It was a relief to actually be able to speak those words, and Gavyn felt like she could breathe again, relaxing her frame. He too had been through a lot of stress, more stress than she could fathom, and it was apparent when he finally collapsed into a sleepy haze against Rynn who was doing a wonderful job soothing him with her sultry voice.

Upon hearing Rynn display such a heart warming gratitude toward Gavyn, all she could do was smile happily, dirt and blood staining her face in various spots. A couple quick sniffs through her nose she couldn’t come up with the words she wanted to speak yet, but instead leaned over placing a hand on the side of her head, pressing her forehead against Rynns fiery locks of hair, her mouth not too far from her concealed ear. “I couldn’t have done it without you, it was your confidence and compassion that guided me. I thank you…” Now coming to a standing positing she looked up at the sky, which was still, like nothing had ever happened. “… and I thank you…” She directed her words toward where she had last seen the Heroine… no, Angel of Light and continued to smile.

Holding the medicinal drink that Adam had created in her hand she looked toward the abandoned building that she had suggested for shelter earlier and took a breath. “We should get him inside, I think just as a precaution, when he wakes up we should be sure that he drinks this as well… It will help ease any after affects he may be suffering with and help give him the energy he has had drained through this process…”

27. Characters in this post:
    [[Warning: Short post! Warning: Short post! Warning: Short post!]]

Nudging Rynn's arm, the male seemed to wedge his head between her elbow and hip. His cold nose was pressed against her naked flesh and it seemed to bobble a bit as it situated itself in its new, but temporary, location.

As the warmth from her body was absorbed into his own, Nick's mouth slipped open just a crack. Although the gap was small, it didn't stop the stringy liquid from seeping into her leg and causing a damp spot. If a dam were to be built, it wouldn't do him any good. Although it would have stopped the drooling, it would have caused the male to suffocate. Neither option was that good, but both would make for great blackmail material, should Rynn decide to use it to her advantage.

"Nya, nya, nya," he purred lightly while still holding onto Rynn's hand.

28. Characters in this post:
    ((Ignore this, wanted to react to Miel's post!))

29. Characters in this post:

Cole was glad to be back in New Vegra. As bad as the city was the majority of the time, it was still home for him. He couldn't say that he loved the city, but he was comfortable there and knew his way around. He had left there to follow a lead on his missing sister, but it came up short, leaving him to come home empty handed. He had even ignored a strange voice from his tiara telling him to go to the Dawn Castle to follow what led him to another dead end. Maybe he should have gone.

As he entered the city, his hometown, he followed his usual path towards the small apartment where he lived, passing some burned out buildings. He remembered the fires, they were common in the city, but these ones happened close to home. He lived around the corner from them and had watched them burn down after the owners refused to pay some criminals offering protection. They were people outside of his family's control. They had worried the fires would spread and take their home away as well.

He glanced at them again, something about them catching his eye, taking a look at a group of people who looked as though they were entering one of the buildings. It wasn't strange to see people stay in the buildings, the homeless often took refuge where ever they could find, but these people didn't look homeless nor like they were from New Vegra. And they seemed to be trying to help get someone into the building.

"Need help?" he asked before he could stop himself, walking towards them. He nervously pulled on his hat, making sure it was firm on his head. He would not want it coming off in a fight, revealing the obvious sign he was the Hero of Ice. After all, it could be a ruse or a gimmick to get him to enter an empty warehouse to mug him, it had happened before. Luckily he was stronger at night. As ridiculous as the tiara was, the ice power did help. Though it did set his natural body temperature lower than most.

30. Characters in this post:
    As Light just ignored her and ran over to Nick, Jenna frowned. One she was extremely pissed at her and two she absolutely wanted to punch her in the face. But her anger at the small girl was short lived. Scrambling to her feet Jenna ran over to the group, her staff clutched tightly in her hand. She watched in awe as Kris climbed on top of Nick.

Mouth open in shock Jenna watched everything that happened, wondering what exactly was going on. It was confusing and then only thing she could get out of it was that Light was healing there hurt friend. Then as Light sort of burst into light and shimmered away Jenna looked up to the sky with a small smile.

She couldn't believe the sacrifice Light had just committed. To give up your life for someone else was truly amazing. Sinking down to her knees Jenna looked at Rynn and Gavyn. "Well that was just...wow," she muttered and looked at Nick's face. Jenna couldn't help but feel relieved as he looked loads better. "You guys go get him inside, have Adam help you. I'll take first watch don't worry."

Rising to her feet Jenna glanced at Adam. "Can you help them move Nick into the shelter? I'll take first watch." Turning around she walked a few feet away and sat at the base of the tree. Sitting where she was she was hidden in the darkness of the branches, it was the perfect place to keep watch. There would be ample time for her to react to any attacks.

As she waited Jenna brought out her four daggers that were hidden on her body. Each dagger was shaped like her element, they looked like black lightning bolts. Taking out her special sharpener from her boot Jenna began sharpening each dagger carefully.

Hearing someone approach the group Jenna quickly put her daggers away. Standing up silently she gripped her staff tightly and stepped out from the tree. She placed her body in front of the group. "No I think were alright but thank you," she said a bit coldly. There was no way Jenna wanted a stranger to help move Nick. All she wanted was this strange, but very handsome man to go away.

Jenna would protect them all with her life. There was no way she was letting this guy anywhere near them. Who knows who he was, he could be a la'Ronk spy or something. Jenna didn't want to chance him finding out they were heroes. She pushed her hair out of her face, which caused her earrings to sway and the moon made them shine in the darkness.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 121