Login to your account

Don't Let Your Hope Fade - Closed

A tale of seven heroes who came in a time of darkness and fought when no one else would.......

Tags: adventure, betrayal, dark, drama, elements, fantasy, good vs evil, heroes, hope, light, magical, right vs wrong, romance, saving the world, saviors

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: Xavirne

Created: 08-25-2011, 06:52 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log in Kishmal

Kittmund's capital is Kishmal. Here is where the Mon la’Ronk live. These la’Ronk are the ruling family. However, they have a royal court filled with la’Ronk from other families.

Posts 1 to 28 of 28

1. Characters in this post:
    The royal family is having a court meeting at this time. All hired or assigned la'Ronk are required at this meeting. Orders will be discussed as well as the tactics for bringing down the Heroes.

2. Characters in this post:

Her eyes were tuned out the other way. She was distracted and, because of it, the soldiers summoned to the table were filling the air with snide comments about her inability to lead. There were jabs at her fighting tactics and there were a few men that dared to insult her new look (prior to becoming a Mon la'Ronk, she was just an assassin hired by the Mon la'Ronk to kill the heroes. Though, when a riot broke out in Nazzinivia, Jenny Lynn was the first to be drafted to thwart the revolution. Within three days, she had slain the resistance and even evoked fear in the eyes of the natives.

Wrinkles were forming just above her brows. The bickering and babble was really starting to annoy the woman. She was usually one not to snap, but enough was enough.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Three shots were fired and five men were dead. The ricochet from two of the bullets ended up lodging in the skull of one man and the throat of another. With a large sinister grin now displayed on her pretty face, the woman hoisted her booted foot to the table's top.

"Anyone else wanna bitch? Bitch for a bullet. It's a hell of a deal." As soon as the rounds were fired off, the soldiers dropped into an eerie state of silence. There eyes weren't even rested on her. Instead, all the dogs of the military were hiding their eyes from her nasty temper.

"Right then. So you worthless mutts, I've assigned your commanders new orders. You WILL follow them. Should you fail to follow these simple assignments, I will not hesitate to lodge some bullets into your cock. Do I make myself clear, dogs?"

"You have quiet the temper. Killing some of my best men. I'm afraid I'm going to ask this meeting to be adjourned so I can deal with your outburst."

With a smile on her face, the female watched as the soldier pooled out into the hallway, leaving herself and Prince Arthur all alone. When the last of the men were gone, the blonde advanced and placed her arms around the body of the prince.

"Whatever will you do to me, my love?"

"I want you to stop ditching your Med la'Ronk. I assigned him to you for a reason."

"But... but... ugh. Ant is so dreary."

"Ha ha! Run along, my future wife. I hear that the wind whispers words that the heroes are feuding among themselves. They are in Ka'lent City. Go there and destroy them."

"Are you foolish? It is unwise to attack them there. Let them come to us. I've soldiers planted throughout the planet. One wrong move and we'll have them eating out of our paws for mercy. Just you watch, my love, they will crumble especially with my little black wolf among the blind sheep."

"Black wolf?"

"But of course. It was a precaution I took years ago. The little pup has no idea what I have in store for him." With an evil laugh escaping her jaws, the woman moved down the hallway. She was dead-set on meeting the group, but first she needed to acquire some loyal soldiers.

3. Characters in this post:
    Kyle nearly ran into a bullet when he walked into the meeting room of the la'Ronk, lucky for him he just ducked under the bullet. It barely touched his hair. He was late. He knew it. He honestly didn't care. He sat down at the end of the table facing the great Mon la'Ronk Jenny Lynn. He knew she was a former assassin and former had the job he was holding. The Hero Assassin. It was a job indeed. Having to assassinate some seven people with the ability to control the elements. It wasn't going to be easy but if he succeeded he would be able to take a very early retirement. Maybe actually settle down, meet a nice girl, take up a trade, beside killing. The only sour part was when he figured out just who he was working for, The la'Ronk. Your basic bane of everything good. He didn't like them and would make that point evident at the end of this wonderful meeting. He was doing this only for the money, He didn't believe in the la'Ronk way, and wouldn't be pinned as such. He was going to do his job and then leave. He didn't want anyone to know he had done this. It would peg his conscience enough. He knew he'd have to get away the second this job was over. He was never in any academy he was taught by a non-la'Ronk and he would stay the same. The la'Ronk was wrong but the first rule of wet-work was this, You take the job, not the employer. he was intent on keeping it that way. He was not going to become a la'Ronk. He refused to. He sat quietly, looking at the leader in front of him, waiting for her to give directives. At the outburst of the prince, or at least he presumed it was the prince, HE walked out. He waited outside for Lynn to come out. He needed orders. When she walked out he walked up. "Kyle Alan Gear. Trained assassin and non-la'Ronk. You're paying me to hunt down some heroes. I need orders."

(Not as long! Sorry! Is this good?)

4. Characters in this post:
    Teresa sat in her sitting room, in the suite of rooms she shared with her mother, father and much younger brother in the Royal Court at Kishmal, trying to read. Trying because she had to read one of the books her mother approved of, which were all about being a lady and proper manners and such, and they were SO boring. She knew somewhere else in the Court everyone important would be at a meeting to discuss what to do with the new so called heros that had popped up. Her father had mentioned it this morning. What she wouldn't give to be able to know what was going on in there.

And why couldn't she, there was no one to stop her. Quickly setting the small book onto a dainty table that was next to her chair and got up intent on trying to figure out if there was anything interesting to be heard. she purposely walked to the main door of the suite who was going to stop her, the cleaning staff? She had no thought that she might get caught or that she probably shouldn't listen in on war planning meetings, or that the blue dress she was wearing that matched her eyes so perfectly and crinkled when she walked was hardly ideal for snooping. She was just curious.

5. Characters in this post:
    "Kyle Alan Gear," she said in a sing-song tone. With a grin spreading onto her face, she clasped the males hand in her own. A reassuring squeeze came next as did her arm slinging around his neck. Walking rather boastfully down the corridor, the woman came to a halt when she noticed a very peculiar site.

"What's a Cor la'Ronk doing here getting her pretty little nose and fancy dress all wrinkled up for?" Jenny Lynn's blue eyes mimicked Teresa's gorgeous pair. "Ah, no need for alarm, Miss Relline. I know you are the daughter of our finest two court heads. I thank you for gracing myself with your beauty. Might I ask why you were on my turf?"

Her left vest was form-fitting and exposed just enough cleavage to make the boys drool, but not enough to piss off a female peer. With her hair cropped in short layers, it did a nice job making her face appear thinner than it was. Another smile gracefully decorated her pretty face as she reached out a hand in welcome to the young woman.

Recalling that Kyle was at her hip, she let out a giddy giggle. "Perhaps I should leave you two youngsters alone! Teeheehee!" Her nose wrinkled with each little laugh that escaped from her full pair of lips. "But on a serious note, Kyle, would you object to Miss Relline and I accompanied you on your hunt? I sense that Miss Relline seeks the life of adventure. And I? Well, the prince has instructed me to reunite with my buffoon medic, Antykins."

6. Characters in this post:
    Teresa was shocked, she hadn't even gotten all the way to the meeting and she was stopped. Not by anyone either, it was the famed Jenny Lynn Walker. And some man. Quickly she dipped into a low curtsey. "Ma'am, i merely happened to be walking this way," Rising from the curtsey. she looked Jenny Lynn in the eye. her cheeks flushed with a mix of embarrassment and excitement. " though if you are serious in your offer for me to accompany you, and kyle did you say his name was, i must go ask my father. It won't take but a minute and i would love to see more of the world." She curtsied again before turning to walk back in the direction she came.

She couldn't believe her good luck, Jenny Lynn Walker had given her a perfect oppurtunity to see more of the world than Kishmal where she had spent her whole life. She'd begged her parents for ages but they said it was too unsafe and not proper, but they wouldn't dare defy someone of such high rank.

7. Characters in this post:
    Kyle had not expected the warm embrace he got from Lynn. He had met her before, and at the time they were both fellow assassins. He shook her hand but did not enjoy the arm over his shoulder. When they came in contact with the noble woman he nodded respectfully. He would not bring up his distaste of the la'Ronk way of doing things. He didn't mind the la'Ronk per say but he disliked the way the operated through fear and intimidation. He thought of the ramifications of bring them along. He couldn't find any that would harm him indefinitely. Save the dress of course. "I can foresee no trouble bringing the two of you along. Of course my work requires stealth, as you well know Lynn, and that dress does not help it. So a change of wardrobe would be in order." He said simple. "I am Kyle Alan Gear, Miss Relline by the way"

He looked around for a bit waiting for the reply of the two woman. His said everything with an impassive look and voice. He wasn't one to be over happy or excited, especially going into a job. He knew that he would be on this job for a long time. He would be glad to have another assassin with him, but taking a noble along may cause some issues, but he didn't care. He could never deny someone the chance to go on an adventure.

8. Characters in this post:
    Teresa stopped mid turn, her auburn curls bouncing trying to escape a complicated hair-do that held them pinned to her her head, and skirts crinkling still. "It's a pleasure to meet you Kyle Alan Gear" she gave the barest of nods, he was certainly not la' Ronk, and even if she was mistaken he was below her rank, he didn't deserve the full blown curtsey Jenny Lynn did.

"Now if you excuse me i'll just go ask my father, and pack, and i suppose change clothes" she looked down at her dress, smoothing it with her hands. "It really won't take but a minute, i can meet you right back here?" while she kept her voice calm with years of court training, excitement made her speak a little faster then normal.

She figured if she didn't find her father in his study, she would just write him a note and leave it there. Its not that he could deny her this time, and that way he wouldn't worry. it would be just like asking permission since he couldn't say no. And then she'd be off to have adventures and see the world, which was new and exciting.

9. Characters in this post:
    These two are such a riot! Look at her, she's bubbling over with excitement. And my oh my, is she polite. Cute as a button, too! And Kyle, he's a rather handsome brute. I am looking forward to tagging along with these two. It's been forever since I last explored the world and it's been even longer since... I last saw... the Fusions. I wonder how Nick is doing....

When she caught a glimpse of Teresa leaving, the woman objected. "Nonsense. Allow us the pleasure of joining you. I'm sure your father would be most honored to know that I am taking you under my wing. Besides, it'll only further insure that you will accompany us. I would hate to be the only female on this adventure. Whoever would I gossip with?"

With a grin being worn from ear to ear, she tagged along behind the woman, beckoning Kyle to join them on this little hunt. Her blonde hair was in her eyes some, but it didn't hid the joy that sparkled in her beautiful blue eyes. Even her facial muscles were smiling, well, they were making her smile far more warming and friendly.

10. Characters in this post:
    "Of course the pleasure is mine. Its right this way." Teresa led the way back through the the Royal Court to her family's suite It was horribly long walk, but it was long enough for the girl to become nervous. What ifs swirled through her head all more unlikely then the last. And what did Jenny Lynn mean take her under her wing. As they reached the door she paused "My famiy's rooms are just through here, May i personally welcome you to the Relline Residence. She opened the door allowing the guests to step through before her with a slight curtsey. After everyone entered she closed the door behind them.

This is it she thought, i just invited one of the most powerful Mon la'Ronk in all of Kishmal to my home. This could be interesting. Still smiling and polite, Teresa beckoned both of her guests to follow her down another smaller hallway. " My Father's study is right down this way, he was home when i left so he still should be here." Reaching a sturdy wooden door, she knocked politely, but opened the door before she could get a response. Technically not proper manners, but she was excited and father never punished her. luckily her father was sitting at the desk writing a letter. From the door way she gave the proper curtsey from daughter to father. stepping into the room, "Excuse me father may i present to you my companions,
    Miss Jenny Lynn Walker of the mon La'Ronk and Mr. Kyle Alan Gear.
    to her companions she added, "this is my father James Relline."

11. Characters in this post:
    Kyle nodded at the invitation to follow Ms Relline to her home. He followed slowly, careful not to tread on the noble woman's dress. He stepped quietly as always. He was a trained assassin, it was part of the job description to be extremely quiet, in your voice and your steps. He barely made a sound the entire trip and his mind wandered back to his first kill.

It had been very quiet night in Ka'lent City. His father was snug in the bed of at a friend's house, accompanied by a woman. That only enraged Kyle further. It was not even the man's wife. Another courtesan. He had brought a new one to his home more than once. With his wife home. The Arrogant man had to be killed. This wasn't just a deed of revenge. This would cleanse the world of one more asshole. He didn't know it at the time but he was also killing a retired Kni la'Ronk. He jumped the gap to the window and smirked. The courtesan had begun to stir. He walked over to her, lifted her out of the be and made a simple statement. "Leave." She immediately left, seeing the look on Kyle's face and the sword, which was already drawn. Raven had taught him never to stab someone in the back, for it would only dishonor them both. He also said to allow them last words. He woke the man by rolling him off the bed. He gave the man the opportunity to have his last words, but the man just spat at him, claiming the boy didn't have the guts to kill. Boy was he wrong. Kyle sliced the man's throat, stepping out of the way so the blood wouldn't get on his clothes. It was hard to explain having your clothes covered in blood. He let the man drop and, carefully watching out for the blood, he waled over to the night stand and placed a piece of paper with a simply mark on it. He jumped from the window he came through and went to his mother's death bed just before she died.

Coming out of his flash back, Kyle realized they were in the Relline household and in the father's study. He bowed politely but stayed silent.

12. Characters in this post:
    "Greetings, Sir James Relline. I am honored to be standing in your humble home. Might I be allow the chance to take your daughter out on an adventure with myself. As you know, we Mon la'Ronk are searching for the accursed heroes and I thought your daughter might make a nice addition to the team. She has much to learn if she wishes to be among the royal. If it is all right with you, I would like to take her under my wing and teach her the ways of the Mon la'Ronk. I can foresee her talents becoming vital in the near future."

Bowing, the blonde took a gracious step back. She knew, without a doubt, the man would say yes. But, to sweeten the offer, she added another quick comment. "I will be providing her with compensation for this. She shall learn how to cook, clean, and fight. The three things every woman should know. For if a man were to ever step out of line, she would need to defend herself. Furthermore, I will guarantee her safety. Harm shall not come to this lady." Another bow immediately followed.

Kyle is oddly quiet. I wonder what is playing in that mind of his. As, perhaps he is thinking about the kill that is ahead. If my thoughts and calculations are correct, those meddling kids haven't even left Dawn Castle. Or if they have, then they haven't gone much farther. With such a diverse group, I find it hard that they get along right off the bat.

Not paying an ounce of attention to Mr. Relline's response, the woman turned to exit the house. Her brilliant blues were focused on the journey ahead. Though they rippled with passion for the fight, there was also a hint of concern. A lighter shade of blue dipped into her eye and almost hinted that she was sad. Perhaps not sad, but worried. She was, in fact, worried about Nicholas A. Fusion. Though she knew the boy had suffered a lot, she had no idea he was a hero. She knew he suffered and she was fearful that he had fallen. Clutching the necklace the boy had made for her years ago, Jenny Lynn drew out her sword.

"Nicholas. I will find you. I won't let the cruel world taint your innocent heart." With that vow being made, she stepped from the house and began down the cobblestone path. Even if Kyle and Teresa weren't following, she wasn't going to waste another minute worrying about the boy. I wonder what he looks like now. Has he grown... more beautiful. Does he... look like Deks?

13. Characters in this post:
    Kyle was quite amazed at how directly Lynn had "asked" to take Teresa with them. It was more like "Oh, I'm taking your daughter, bye." than a request. When she left he heard her say something about about a Nicholas and keeping the world from tainting his heart. He assumed it was a friend or family member, but after a quick reevaluation, he decided not, but the boy was definitely close.

Kyle looked back at Teresa and said simply, "If you have nothing against it sir, we must be going soon, else Ms. Lynn will leave without us." He waited quietly for a reply.

14. Characters in this post:
    Teresa Knew Her father well enough to know that he wouldn't turn down Jenny Lynn. So when Jenny Lynn turned to leave and with out waiting for the expected approval burst out in an almost un lady like manner. Thank You Father! I'll write with i can. say good bye to mother for me? she manged the quickest of curtseys and and hurried to follow Jenny Lynn out the room, brushing past Kyle in the process.

From his place at the desk, James Relline, sighed "Well permission is granted, don't you have somewhere to be, Mr Gear?"

Teresa didn't hear the exchange, she was in her own little mental bubble of excitement. It was actually happening she was going on an adventure. She would see far off lands and places that previously existed all in books, and best of all it would all be new! And on top of the Jenny Lynn said she would teach her new things, useful things, though she wasn't sure about the cleaning, the rest sounded fun! Catching up with Jenny Lynn, she almost had to stop and catch her breath, dresses just weren't meant to move quickly in. " Miss Walker, not that i mind the answer one way or another but where exactly are we going?

15. Characters in this post:
    "Alaaronie, Nithium. I need to see if my beloved Nicholas is still alive and well. You could say we were destined to be together, but, at the same time, we were destined for failure. It's a shame I got dragged into this life before his birthday. On his eighteenth birthday, I wanted to show him how to really treat a woman... in bed. Ha ha! I wonder if... has a girlfriend."

A small frown came over her face as she thought about Nick being with another woman. Feeling like crap, as she wouldn't bare the fact of 'her man' making love to another woman. She had practically raised the kid! She taught him everything! How to talk, walk, and fight. She taught him how to keep a woman happy and how to be the ideal gentleman and, dare she say it, boyfriend.

"Besides, I let his deceased brother borrow a book of mine. It has some secrets about the Truth Orbs in it. I know the heroes will start going after them, so I want to be one step ahead of the group. Besides, going to Nithium, we might be able to pick up a soldier. If Nicky is still around, we could persuade him into joining us! It would be great. You two could get all romantic while Nick and I pursue our own love affair... erm, wait, I'm engaged. Boo."

Huffing, the woman puffed out her cheeks and placed her hands on her hips. Looking back the two, she grinned. "Things things first, we need to get to Lief so we can take an airship down to Vistilial. From there, we can take a flight to Nazzinivia. Since Nithium is without an air dock, we'll have to walk from Nazzinivia to Nithium. So pack your walking winter gear. You'll need it.
    Alaaronie is a chilly place."

16. Characters in this post:
    Teresa took in all Jenny Lynn said though it took her a minute to sort it all out. Firstly Alaaronie and Lief and Nazzinivia. That was fine, that was exciting! but Jenny Lynn mentioned a young man named Nick. Who was this Nick and what was so special about him that it almost made the famed general forget she was engaged to one of the most powerful rulers of the world. And then on top of that she wanted to set her and Kyle as a couple, almost as bad as her mother, though he was cute. Oh and truth orbs, she had heard of those before what were they? and oh shoot! Clothing! She had forgotten to pack, not that much of her clothing was fit for traveling more fit for fancy parties and lady like things, but surely she had a few acceptable items.

Once Jenny Lynn had finished talking, Teresa burst out barely able to contain her excitement or her natural curiosity. "We're really going to all those places? And who is Nick? What are Truth orbs? Me and Mr Gear, why i barely know him? And clothing, i'll need to go back and get that! She paused to take a breath and blushed embarassed at her unlady-like and improper outburst. "Pleas excuse me Miss Walker, i was merely excited about adventure ahead.

Mentally though she was kicking herself, she wasn't a child she knew proper manners. manners meant that even though she was so excited she wanted to jump up and down and squeal she couldn't. She was to be polite and calm and friendly in every situation. it had been drilled into her head all her life. She hoped the Mon la'Ronk didn't think worse of her, not that Jenny Lynn seemed to have any qualms with showing emotions. But she was practically royalty the rules were different.

17. Characters in this post:
    Kyle looked at Mr. Relline and nodded. He walked after Teresa and Jenny. He noticed the former hadn’t changed. Tch whatever He thought. When Jenny had mentioned the route he nodded. Going to Nithium was out of the way but he didn’t mind. He wasn’t on a time constraint here. It could take him months to kill the heroes and it wouldn’t matter. He would still get his pay. He hadn’t been to Lief in some time and had liked it there on his last visit. Nazzinivia wasn’t bad either. He nodded at the route. “I have no objections to that route. A little indirect but if you want the information that’s there then we should go there.” He said, breaking his façade of silence. He watched as Teresa made some comment about making couple out of herself and himself, then run off to get changed.

18. Characters in this post:
    As Teresa ran back to gather a new, more suited attire, the female turned to face Kyle. Looking up at him with almost stern eyes, the woman spoke in a shockingly monotone voice.

"This book belonged to the la'Ronk. They have spent a great many years looking for its whereabouts. According to the legend, on the back inside page, the name of the heroes call be revealed on the fifth night of their encounter. Assuming they met up today, this afternoon, then it is pertinent we find this book before the week is over. Should we fail, we will never know the true identity of the heroes. I know the great elders have predicted names, but even their magic smoke and fire tribal rituals can't be completely accurate."

The woman turned so that her back faced the male. "Heed no attention to Teresa. She shall be assisting me. You see, rumor has it, only those of a pure heart can seek the knowledge we need. There is belief that the graveyard in Waal, el'Darft will produce someone of interest to us. Have you heard the legend of Void? As told by the elders, Void will appear on the fog of night to destroy the heroes. If we can get in contact with this Void before he makes his grand appearance, we can assist in the destruction of the heroes. It makes our job a lot easier." Turning up her nose, she scoffed. "I know you hate the la'Ronk, so I figured the less work you had to do, the better. You'd still get a handsome reward, the same one, if not more. Only, you'd do less work. I, for one, am in favor of doing less for the same price."

By then, Teresa had returned in a newly produced outfit. This one was far more fitting than the last. With a grin on her face, she wrapped an arm around Teresa' neck. Speaking in a soothing, very feminine voice, she began to answer the woman's questions as they walked off toward Lief.

"We shall see even more. Have you been to el'Darft? How about Alshmere? With us, you shall see the world." Her eyes drifted to Kyle. With a pleading cry to keep the information she just relayed to him a secret, the woman's intense glaze bore into his mind. Once she was done threatening him with her eyes, she returned to Teresa with a gracious smile. "Nicholas is... well, the most amazing man alive. I groomed him to be the ideal husband. 'Tis a shame I'm taken, or else I'd marry the man. Truth Orbs are key for the heroes' success. There are thirty-two of them scattered about the land. When all thirty-two orbs have been collected, they need to be dumped into the Pot of Relevance. Only when dumped in there, the orbs will reveal the hidden truths of the world. These thirty-two truths shall be told and they will help guide the heroes. They will tell them our weak points and how to breech the mighty walls of the castle. But there is only one who can hear the truth! He is rumored to be a forgotten hero. The eighth hero of legend. Mighty wind can only hear the whispers spoken. I would say we should find the hero of wind, but no one knows if this hero even exists."

Pausing to let everything sink in, Jenny Lynn pointed to the far horizon. "Lief is before us! I hope you two are good at haggling. Finding a ship around this time of day is nearly impossible."

19. Characters in this post:
    Teresa came back dressed in slightly more suitable attire, a skirt slit for walking or running, boots and a relatively simple long sleeve shirt, a small bag hung from her shoulder. Her eyes widened with excitement when she heard all the places they would be going. And as Jenny continued to explain the truth orbs, and the eighth hero, a story she had never even heard. No one she knew had. there were only supposed to be seven. And as for this Nicholas boy, it was clear that Jenny would do anything for him. She laughed curls bouncing when haggling was mentioned. " I've never even been to the air docks! Well i was once but i wasn't supposed to be and i didn't stay long. And i don't know about haggling its not a skill i've used often before." she paused speaking still processing the rest of what she had learned. her forehead generally smooth, wrinkled in thought. slowly almost thinking out loud she said "If the heros need the truth orbs, then don't we need them too, before the heros anyway? Is that where we're going? And your right it doesn't make sense to worry about the eighth hero, not yet. if we knew he existed then maybe, but chasing fancies just lets the heros we know exist have more time to do the rest of their job. she paused again and then a huge smile broke out on her face. " This is better then any book!"

20. Characters in this post:
    Kyle nodded. He knew of the Void and what it was supposed to do. He was a vivid historian if he said so himself. He even knew of the legendary eighth hero. "I know of the Void. It opposes the Balance that the heroes are covered by." he said curtly.
    When Teresa came back and Jenny Lynn stared at him, attempting to intimidate him in some way. He couldn't help but smirk. She was right when she said he didn't like the la'Ronk. He agreed that if the heroes were searching for the orbs, they must also. But if the story rang true, only the heroes will be able to find them.
    When Jenny said something about haggling for a ship he had to smirk again. "I am oart owner of an airship, payment for a job years ago. So we don't need a ship. We need a pilot." he said, "Although being the head of the Army, wouldn't you be able to detain a pilot and even a ship quite easily?"

21. Characters in this post:
    A cackling noise shot from her lips as Jenny crippled into a rolling laugh. Holding her stomach, she laughed and laughed until tears filled out the corners of her eyes. Exhaling with a "phew," she turned to look at the perplexed faces of her comrades. Noting that she had suddenly broke out in laughter for 'no apparent reason,' Jenny Lynn cleared her throat and addressed the two.

"Pardon the laughing. I just couldn't contain it. You both think too highly of me. I might lead the army and have resources at my finger tips, but the one thing I don't have is an aircrew. You could say that the prince doesn't want me leaving Kittmund. So, if you don't mind, we'll need to find a black market ship and pilot. No one, besides us, can know I'm leaving."

When her lips came together, she lifted her hand to shield the sun from her eyes. Peering about, she scoped out the area and noticed there was a smaller terminal off to the back side. Beside the wall of crates sat some thug-like men who looked easy enough to persuade. Although her mind begged her not to approach, the woman couldn't pass up the opportunity to escape from this cage she was being contained within. Jenny Lynn was not a pet. She was not a slave. She was a wild creature and she demanded freedom.

Coaxing Kyle and Teresa to follow, the woman wrapped her cloak around her face. Even though her face was now masked, anyone with a trained eye would be able to identify the woman as Jenny Lynn Walker. Should anyone dare shout her name, the woman would make a b-line sprint to the single-person air-cycles and race off. The others, she hoped, would follow in a similar manner.

"Come now, allow me to properly welcome you both to Lief," she said twisting back to wave at the two slowpokes.

22. Characters in this post:
    The story has been continued over in Lief.

23. Characters in this post:

Kyle sat at the table in a long hooded robe. It was one of his few other assassin outfits that was more acceptable for meetings and parties and such. He didn't care, but he thought Teresa would've liked it. He wasn't one to mourn, but he had liked the girl, of course her lack of battle experience had probably killed her. He was almost certain of it. He realized that the nutty Kni' la'Ronk had also died. He couldn't believe that Theresa was actually the light hero. He was glad he wouldn't have to kill her. It wouldn't work well on his conscience. He may be an assassin but he still strives for peace and order. He strives for Balance. He didn't understand why, only that he felt close to the ancient hero. Balance was why he became an assassin, he didn't understand why.

He didn't like the fact that they decided to decree him some sort of hero. He wasn't one, especially not to the la'Ronk, he was only an assassin. Stabbing the lightning hero was his job. Just like a tailor's job is to fix clothes. He did make it so the girl wouldn't die, at least not immediately, but his reaction was also partial due to Teresa's death. The Dark Hero is what worries him the most. There's no way to hold him. unless you make him completely drunk, but then you wouldn't be able to get anything out of him. His will is too strong, it would take months to get information out of him by coercion and Kyle had the serious doubt torture would do much to the angst ridden young man. and above all else, Kyna has to look after him. That'll be fun.

As Kyle waits for the meeting to begin, he thinks back on the past few days. He realized something. Whenever a hero fell, or got seriously injured, he felt something pull out of him, he couldn't tell what. It was stronger when the ice hero and Teresa fell, like he had just lost a limb or control of part of his body. It wasn't physical, in fact it was more like his soul and spirit were being torn to shreds. He then realized he had intended to stab the girl through the stomach, making her die within a few minutes, but his blade changed course somehow. He was getting a headache now. He couldn't possible be losing his edge. He was only 18. There was something else, like his spirit itself was fighting against this job. Like it couldn't kill the Heroes.

24. Characters in this post:
    Nick wondered if it would have been weird to shout out, "You'll never take me alive!" because he was, in fact, still alive and they had definitely taken him. Ah but he loved the idea of causing drama and mayhem. Mainly mayhem.

It was then when icy cold hands poked and prodded his mainly parts that he immediately stiffened and barked out, "The hell are you man handling me for! I only have one of that and if you keep touching it like that it'll break and I'll kick your teeth in. So, if you please, LEAVE MY DICK ALONE!" The backside of a hand collided with his face as a whip wielding woman strutted up beside him.

"They will touch wherever I want them to touch. Besides, we need to make sure you're not packing anything."

"Heh, sorry, toots, but that's all me."

"I can see this."

"Well, that's good. For a second I thought you were blind."

"Or maybe you're just small."

"Oh please. Does it look small to you? I think not!"

"Maybe.... But still.... You just say the word and I can end your life."

"Like I'd die by your hands,"
    Nick scoffed.

Just as her hand was about to slam against his face again, another person walked into the room.

"That will be enough. The tests have confirmed that he is safe. Well, he will be once we... well... you know."

Cocking a brow, Nick leaned forward and puckered up his lips. "You know... what?" He begged them to share just by batting his lashes and looking all adorable.

"Oh, you know."

"No, really. I don't." Nick said behind now gritted teeth.

With a rag going over his mouth to silence him, the three guards assigned to him pulled him into another room. This room, unlike the last, was significantly warmer. It was nice and it caused his body to relax, some. That was until a large cattle prod with the la'Ronk insignia on it was being pointed at his pretty little face.

Eyes wide, he squirmed and kicked, but the rope that was around his wrists and ankles had already dug its way into his flesh. Raw and red, Nick knew that resisting would only make them brand him harder and longer.

Tears slipping from his eyes, his heart raced faster and faster as the red-hot metal moved toward his chest. The closer it got, the faster it beat, and the other he became.

When it was finally on him, Nick felt as if his chest would burst into flames. The fiery-colored metal pressed into his flesh, which caused the room to flood with the scent of a burnt man. But it wasn't over, oh no, not yet. As if having a giant chest branding wasn't enough, the la'Ronk ordered that he be given a special mark over his left eye - the very eye that wore the sacred item that warned him of la'Ronk attacks.

Screaming and writhing in pain, Nick was locked away in a cage until Kyna was finished with her round table meeting. When she would eventually pay Nick a visit, she would see the man bent over himself, shivering with cold as he was still without clothing. He would also be pretty badly shaken up, but Nick still refused to discuss the whereabouts of his hero friends.

25. Characters in this post:
    With the top of the top la'Ronks in the meeting, the royals and the upper class began their meeting on how they would deal with the heroes. Although the prince was originally there, he was called out and forced to leave when word of an injured Jenny Lynn surfaced. Now without the prince there, the princesses were left to rule the court and the knights.

Lauren was the first to speak for she was the oldest. "How dare you let those mutts flee! You should have killed them all right then and there. Now, because you weren't fast enough, we have to draw them out with their petty little Dark Hero who would be better off dead than alive. I say kill the hero! Let them know that we mean war!"

"Sister, you are too rash. You know that the heroes will be reborn. They have a chance to reborn, given that their is another that has the heart of a hero. So if we kill Nicholas Allen Fusion, there is a chance that another will rise up from his ashes," Lorraine added.

Lavina cackled before leaning into the table. "Idiots. Nicholas is a rare breed. The Hero of Darkness is only born once. It is said that there is only one true heart of darkness born in each lifetime. Nick can die and he won't be reborn. Light is another story as is Wind, Ice, Fire, Water, Earth, and Lightning."

The sisters seemed to bicker back and forth for a bit, but it eventually decided that Kyna was to decide whether or not Nick should live. It was also decided that Kyle would watch over Nicholas too, as Kyle was hired to assassinate the heroes.

"Kyle Alan Gear, would you protest to watching Nicholas, too. You are a trained assassin. You might be able to read him better than dear blind Kyna Riddle. Perhaps he will open up to her... romantically. And he will slip secrets to you... as a brother."

26. Characters in this post:
    Kyle was brought out of his reverie when the young princess asked him to look after the Dark Hero. He didn't feel like it. But he would do it. It would probably be the easiest part of the job. He would just talk to him. Or not. Whatever Nick Preferred. He would not, however, become like a brother. It would only annoy him and Nick. He simply didn't have the ability to take that. He couldn't take the place of the brother Nick had already lost. And Kyle understood that. After his mother died, the other escorts took care of him, but none could replace his mother.

Kyle looked at the princess and said, "Whatever."

Then he promptly stood up and walked out of the room. He intended to go visit Nick. He didn't care if he wasn't dismissed. He didn't like the la'Ronk anyway. And anyone who tries to stop him will get a dagger in their thigh. He walked out and into the dungeon where Nick was being kept. He sat on the far end of the room, staying at the young hero, studying his face. He wanted to know what made this guy tick. He also was debating on talking to the Hero of Darkness.

27. Characters in this post:
    At first, Nick wanted to hiss and say the hell with clothes, but when that damp breeze ruffled his hair, he thought otherwise. However, Nicholas would make certain that this was the last time he'd take something from the la'Ronk, as he didn't want to be in debt of sorts.

"Thanks," he muttered while gently tugging the blanket from her fingers and draping it around his shivering, pale, slender body. Those bloody red eyes of his flicked between Kyna and Kyle for a bit until they finally ceased to move for they were permanently fixed on the hounds at Kyna's side. "They are quiet beautiful creatures," he whispered as he leaned against the bars that held him in. Letting his skin and bone hands slip between the bars, he held them just before Faline's flaring nostrils. "What kind of hounds are these?" Nick questioned as he left his fingers dancing before the sleek black creature's nose.

He knew better than to make enemies with the people that were left to guard him, so why not schmooze his way up to the woman. She was, after all, not half bad looking. In fact, she was quiet stunning. The fact that he had ruffed her up some only made it more interesting. Still being in the nude, Nicholas kept himself calm and collect so that he wouldn't hint any sort of arousal or attraction as that would not only be foolish but rude.

28. Characters in this post:
    Kyle was beginning to get bored. Kyna was obstructing his vision so he couldn't read the Darkness Hero's face. He didn't care much, but still groaned when he got up. He went over and pet the top of Faline's head. This was just to get closer to the boy obviously. He looked at Nick's face, analyzing the most minor detail. He didn't see much of any interest, save the Piercing of Darkness on his brow. He looked like your off-the-shelf goth. All Black hair and clothing, dark sullen eyes. He wasn't bad looking though.

Kyle decided not to say anything yet. He intended to continue watching Kyna interact with the boy.

Posts 1 to 28 of 28