Login to your account

Don't Let Your Hope Fade - Closed

A tale of seven heroes who came in a time of darkness and fought when no one else would.......

Tags: adventure, betrayal, dark, drama, elements, fantasy, good vs evil, heroes, hope, light, magical, right vs wrong, romance, saving the world, saviors

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: Xavirne

Created: 08-25-2011, 06:52 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 328

1. Characters in this post:
    The Sixth Month of Twelve in the Late Afternoon

The journey has just begun. At this point in time, all the heroes have heard their item whisper to them; "The truth lies in Ka'lent City. Go there and unite with them. You, are our only hope. Bring peace. Find salvation. Go and fulfill your destiny."

With the wise words of their item, the heroes have set out to find one another in Ka'lent City. According to the rumors, the heroes will meet on the doorsteps of dawn and watch as a golden sun kisses the horizon. Meaning, the heroes need to make their way to Dawn Castle. There, on the steps, they will convene and begin their epic journey to free the world from the darkness that lingers in the air.

However, the la'Ronk have heard rumors. Hiring an assassin and sending a medic along with her, will the heroes escape unscathed, or will death meet them with wielded blades? What will the Cor and Mon la'Ronk deside to have their hired assassin do? Spy? Murder? Or go... undercover?

2. Characters in this post:

Saving the world sounded too surreal. Seriously, it sounded just like something one would read for the pages of a fairy tale. Was it not odd that in times of great darkness that heroes would be spit from heaven to save the planet? But of course, it only makes perfect sense! After all, no one wants to see civilization wither away to nothing. It would, without a doubt, give the gods nothing to toy with. Humans were their prized creations. The fuck-ups of the planet. Toying with them was all a part of the job description.

Lost in thought as he wandered about the large city, Nicholas Allen Fusion, the Hero of Darkness, continued to ponder his selection. How was it that he was hand selected to be this so called "hero" anyway? Was it because of his dark past that he was chosen to wear such a sinister title? Moreover, how as it fair that the other heroes actually had useful powers. Woo, I can control shadows, how so very exciting. Not. How is it that I always end up useless. I can't save anyone. If I can't save myself, then I can't save the world.

"Tch, who am I kidding. I can save the world all by myself. I don't need anyone else."

Cocky much? Why of course! Why wouldn't he be? He was among the ranks of a hero. Granted, he hadn't done anything yet. Nonetheless, the title was enough to make any foolish man, well, foolish.

Rather than stopping to ask for directions (being a male and all, it just wouldn't look right! His pride was on the line so wandering aimlessly seemed to be the more reputable course of action.), he sent the entire afternoon seeking out the steps of dawn.

Just what the heck were the steps of dawn? As if the gods were watching (and probably laughing at his moronic ways), the male plowed into a sign. Its golden embossed characters spelled out "Dawn Castle." Bewildered (and humiliated that he actually collided with a sigh), the male made certain that he didn't look all too suspicious. With the la'Ronk looking for him, going to the steps would be the worst idea. Or maybe it wouldn't.

Boldly sauntering over to the steps, Nick rested his stiff rear-end (he had spent the past few days walking and sleeping on stone) on the cold amethyst-hued marble steps. His face found its natural resting position on his palm. With an almost cynical look on his now bored face, the male couldn't help but glare at the few passersby that gawked at his sudden behavior. Nick was perched on those pale steps almost as if he owned them. His attire was also one that was out of the ordinary. Right then and there, a few hopeful people pegged him as the Hero of Darkness. Though, they dared not say anything, as the look in his eyes sent shivers down their spines.

"And now I wait... ugh... waiting."

3. Characters in this post:
    The royal family is having a court meeting at this time. All hired or assigned la'Ronk are required at this meeting. Orders will be discussed as well as the tactics for bringing down the Heroes.

4. Characters in this post:
    Who would have ever thought that the black sheep of his family would be so important to the world in general? The little boy who was always hidden up in his room by himself and didn't take an interest in anything even slightly related to the sciences that his family...his community...emulated. It was unheard of...and yet, here he was at the border of Ka'lent City, trying to gather enough courage to actually enter and begin looking for his destination.

It had been easy enough to get a pass out of the underwater city of Wayfter, unlike the first time he'd tried leaving all those years ago. He'd already made a couple of trips out, though it had been at least a few months since his last trip. Most of his documents had already been filled and filed away, it was just a matter of getting authorization and then getting into the tube that would bring him (and any others that managed to get through customs) to the above-ground world.

Li'ing Sasaki aiRay, or the Hero of Ice to any in the know, had managed to avoid being seen by any la'Ronk during his trek to the city of Ka'lent, but now that he found himself actually near his destination...he was beginning to have second thoughts. The hustle and bustle of people around him didn't bother Li'ing as much as it would have in the past, though he was probably proving to be a rather annoying obstacle for the people trying to get around him, it was more the habitual block in his mind that was forever screaming at him to just let others take care of it. No one had cared enough to help him in his time of need, what was the point of him helping them out?

...but that wasn't true. One little girl had cared enough to speak out for him. Li'ing took a deep breath and let it out slowly, closing his eyes briefly in an attempt to block out the noise and crowds before him. He could do it for her, for her memory. Before he could start doubting himself again though, someone shoved hard into his shoulder and Li'ing stumbled forward. His eyes shot open and he looked around, slightly bewildered. He was finally in Ka'lent City. He could have sworn he heard the faint sounds of a familiar laugh coming from his tiara as he finally picked his feet back up and began walking deeper into the city.

Li'ing did have some common sense (and wasn't as pig-headed as some other males since he had spent most of his time with a girl who had been extremely stubborn) and located a map before he went any further.

Dawn Castle...Dawn Castle...now where was...oh. Li'ing's dark eyes landed on the depiction of the castle on the map and then he found where he was, tracing the path with his eyes and committing it to memory.

A few minutes later found Li'ing staring at a street sign in apprehension. He'd arrived. He glanced around the sign to see the steps with a rather foreboding looking character sitting on them. Well, it was now or never. He stepped around the sign and casually approached the stairs, looking around at the different things in the city, as it was his first time visiting, no harm in taking in the sights right?

5. Characters in this post:
    She crinkled her slight nose up in disdain as her emerald eyes took in Ka'lent City. Such distaste these people had with all their lights, and screens, and cars, and anything else their minds could imagine. It was enough to make the pretty young Alshmerean woman sick. 'Such disrespect for the natural order of things. Just wasting everything they can so they don't have time to think about things that are important in life like family...' She thought to herself as she did her best to find her way to the Dawn Castle without having to talk to any of these selfish beasts.

Rynn Arokit had done her best to blend in with these people, attempting to hide her Alshmerean descent, but she could not keep the disgust at this city from her face. Thank goodness no one attempted to speak to her, for she might have snapped at them with enough venom to make a lion cower. It wasn't that Rynn was a miserable or even mean woman, she just didn't like technology, especially considering the fact that those that created it had brutally murdered her entire family for her own deeds in front of her mere weeks ago.

But at least she was here in pursuit of their destruction, a goal Rynn had been fighting for anyway, just without the weapon she had now. She had been stupid, she knew that, and the guilt was always there, biting at the back of her mind that she caused it. Her failed attempt at starting a small uprising in Alshemere had landed her family dead, their bodies defiled. These thoughts were not useful in the present moment, however, as she needed to find her comrades and do her best to make a good impression.

Pulling her cloak's hood back up around her red curls, Rynn proceeded deeper into the city. She had been lighthearted once, and would have found all of this hero business quite amusing had she not had to pay the highest price any Alshemerean could pay- her family. And the La'Ronk would die for that, by her hand and by her flames. Rynn knew herself well enough to know that she would return to the smirking, cocky woman once in the presence of others again, but at the moment the technology and guilt surrounding her were too much to keep anything other than a small grimace on her face. This wasn't her idea of fun.

At least the Gods had done their job finding the ideal person for the hero of fire. For Rynn was forged of fire and passion, and now of fire and blood. She was brash enough and brave enough to lead the others into battle with her flames if they found themselves nervous, and she certainly hoped they did not. Otherwise she'd have to singe a little sense into them. Although Rynn did find it mildly amusing that the gods had chosen a redhead for this. Of course. Always the predictable types, weren't they? Rynn was fully expecting the hero of darkness to be brooding and with black hair, and the hero of light to be bubbly beyond the point anyone could handle and with blonde hair. A small laugh escaped her full lips at this thought as the girl walked, and she continued, seeing the palace in the distance.

But Rynn needn't make unfair assumptions about her comrades, as they would become her constant and only confidantes very soon. Her new family, she hoped, though nothing could salve the wound from watching her family die. True to her element, Rynn was quite in the mood to watch the world burn, but she would not. She would use all of her charm to win her comrades over. It wasn't their fault, it was her own, and they were there to help her and she them. It was how it was meant to be. And holding that thought dearly in mind, Rynn started up the dawn steps, seeing the darkest haired and darkest clad man she'd ever seen along with a man whose hair was quite light. So she had not reached it first.

Looking at the two of them, Rynn pulled her hood off, shaking out her crimson curls and flashing both of them a sort of smirk. "Rynn Arokit." She said, her voice like velvet. The charm was on, and it was going to stay that way, no matter what drowning guilt gnawed at the edges of her mind. "Fire, at your service. Gentlemen?" She inquired, her eyes going between the two waiting for their introductions.

6. Characters in this post:
    There was an eye roll that was preceded by a groan. A snarl wormed onto his face as the man rose to give the two newcomers a once over. Sizing them up, he merely scoffed at their unpleasant taste. How was it that he of all people had to mingle with such lowlifes. Was it punishment for having a somewhat ill temper?

"Does it look like this face gives a fuck who you are and what your element is? I honestly don't give a damn who you are or what power you process. I don't even care what your little back story is or why the hell you feel the need to wear that queer tiara."

Well, at least his demeanor was to be expected, right? Haughty, bitter, and downright rude. Though he knew his actions were cold as ice, he did have to admit it was nice to see that Ice and Fire had shown up. With the gears of his mind turning, he pondered what would happen if Ice and Fire had decided to duke it out. Would Ice conquer Fire? Or would the flames of Fire melt Ice?

"Tch, just call me Nick. I presume you're Ice. You seem to fit the description."

This small take was killing Nick. How was it that he had to accommodate these two? Couldn't someone else be the victim of playing the "welcomer." Right off the bat, Nick foresaw a nice clash for power. This Rynn woman seemed to have that superiority complex. It didn't help that her vibes gave off the "take charge" kind of woman aura.

His deep merlot-colored eyes skimmed over the facial features of the two heroes. As expected, he sighed in pity. They truly were going to be an odd bunch of heroes. A fiery woman with hair that nearly mimicked his eyes. A pale haired brute with a tiara adorning his head. What else would they get? He pegged Water to have wavy hair and deep blue eyes. He assumed Lightning would be tough and edgy. Shaking his head in distraught, he cringed at the thought that his opposite, Light, might be of pale skin, eyes, and hair. She was probably a direct 180 of his personality, too - bubbly, annoying, and friendly.

"I swear to the gods, if either one of you hit on me, I will kill you." Wish a side smirk coming onto his face, he muttered, "Or I might just screw the hell out of you." Returning to his original threat, Nick continued with, I'm not here to provide ideal chit chat. So let's skip the small talk and get this show on the road. I'm sick of waiting around for these other so-called heroes. If they want to be late, I say let the la'Ronk have them. They are no use to use if they can't take this job seriously and handle the heat."

Twisting his head so that his jaw nearly faced the sky, the male cracked his spine and upper back. Rolling his shoulders back into place, another series of popping bones escaped from the male's direction. With an acrimonious scolding look plastered on his slender, yet handsome face, he brushed past Rynn and planted himself away from the two heroes. A few wandering eyes fell on the scene, but before anyone could think, Nick let out a low growl.

"If you wish to stay alive, I suggest you fuck off, you worthless pawns."

Nick's tone was ghastly, yet perfectly enunciated. As he spoke, his lips were very easy to read as were the looks that played on his face. Those taunting crimson eyes could see into the soul and practically rape the mind. And yet, beneath the brutal outer shell laid a more empathetic man whose compassion and desire for peace drove him to the extreme. He seeks to create the world his brother once spoke of - a world of happiness, balance, and kindness. Though those words were foreign on his tongue, Nicholas sought to do his best to fulfill the dreams of his departed brother. They were the words spoken on the grave; the vows that should not be broken.

7. Characters in this post:
    It had been such a long trip from home. Lots of strange new places and far more faces than she wanted to see. She looked so out of place in her old skirt and word boots. Of course she had little shorts on under the skirt, she knew with her new destiny, fighting and running would be required, but she was raised to be a girl, the skirt was mandatory. Hammer tucked into her belt and knives strapped to her thigh she felt as set as she needed to be.

Delicate fingers toyed with the shining jewel that was hanging around her neck. The gemstone pulsating giving off its own minuscule amount of light naturally. This city, it was no place for her. She already missed the rolling hills of her home. But she had nothing left anymore, no home to return too. She sold her land for the small amount of money in her pocket. The land was cursed it felt like. Killed and destroyed her family before it killed the crops and then her best friend.

Letting a sigh out she glanced down the road, her eyes landing on her destination. There were people there already. Easy to spot, obvious who they were. Although if that was really the case the la'Ronk would have been on them already. Maybe she could just see them so easily because she was one of them.

well, there was no real need to get involved. There were plenty of people milling about the stupid street, at least it seemed normal for the group to be congregating there. Not one for really getting involved, or making herself the center of attention, Kris sat down on a bench a little ways off. She kept the rather rude group in her peripherals as she scooted back into her seat, her small feet dangling a few inches off the ground. She pulled an apple from the small satchel hanging from her waist and took a tiny bite. All that was left to do was wait for the rest of them.

8. Characters in this post:
    Li'ing was taken aback by the sudden outburst from this...Nick. He hadn't even said a word yet and he was already pegged as queer? Huh...that was new. A small smile appeared on Li'ing's lips before he suddenly started laughing. Oh great, he probably just made himself look insane as well. It was completely out of character for him, but he couldn't help it for some reason.

"I...I apologize. I have no idea what came over me..." he managed out, after calming down from his sudden laughing fit. Maybe it was the sense of familiarity from Nick's actions? something he hadn't expected to encounter outside of his home...that was certainly a weird thing to find funny. He ran a hand through his hair, instinctively bypassing the area covered by the tiara. He felt no need to explain himself to any of them, even if Nick hadn't expressed his disinterest in knowing.

After his apology, Li'ing fell silent again, pondering, before he opened his mouth again. "Li'ing." he provided as way of introduction before returning to silence. He took a few steps away from the other two and sat down upon the steps, resting his arms on his legs. It felt nice to be able to sit again, it had been a while since he'd last taken a break from walking.

So let's see...he'd managed to come off as 1) queer, 2) crazy, and probably 3) rude...at least it was better than his normal reactions he supposed. He could almost remember when he first met Lea...they'd both somehow ended up soaking wet. Faintly, Li'ing could hear Nick's threats, but he merely waived them off in his mind, he'd heard his fair share of threats already anyway...and a much bigger one loomed over all of their heads as more and more heroes gathered.

9. Characters in this post:

Not amused by Li'ing's outburst, the black haired male turned, giving Li'ing the cold shoulder. Immediately after his actions, his eyes drifted over to an item sitting perfectly on a bench. Apple in her mouth and legs crossed innocently below, Nick's side grin made an appearance. Not only was it beautiful and white, but it was also perfect and straight. Although his canine fangs (they were just that) were a tad longer and pointier than usual, it didn't hinder the end result. His smile, as dark and twisted at it might be, was still something to swoon over.

Snatching the apple from her mouth almost seemed too simple. Rather than doing that, he found something more amusing and more alluring. Nonchalantly walking to her side, the male bent at the hips to pursue the apples with his own lips. When they caressed the smooth, cool skin, the pale rose lips spread. A small indentation tore into the flesh of the forbidden fruit. Tugging at it, almost playfully, he found that her weight was perfect to do as his deceptive mind wanted.

His hand landed snugly just below the straps of her bra while the other one lightly pressed at the point just slightly above her rump. With his teeth still intact with the apple (as where hers), he slowly helped the woman to her feet. When she was standing upright, her nose was just touching his study chest.

Hands still snaked around her body, Nick tilted his head down so that his eyes would met hers. "I was hoping I would get the pleasures of meeting you first, Miss Light." A smirk was worn proudly on his face as he continued to hold the woman tenderly. "What may we call you, my Angel?" he said in a sweet, semi-seductive tone. Pressing her hips closer to his, the pale male pleaded with his eyes that this intimacy would continue in a more remote (and private) location.

"Come now," he cooed to her "don't be shy. I promise, I'll be gentle."

[[ Nick wants to bang someone. ]]

10. Characters in this post:
    Rynn's smirk melted off her face as Nick spoke to her in such a tone, her grimace returning. What a haughty bastard. Who was he to talk down to her so? Weren't they meant to be allies? She scoffed at him as he continued to speak, revealing just how much of a waste of space he was. Why in the hell was he a hero? At least she was redeemable, at least she'd had the world's best interests at heart when she'd caused her family's deaths. But this man? All he seemed to care about was himself, and he was clearly not interested in friendship.

She would have said something, but the ice right next to her burst out laughing. Of course. One was a prick and the other was insane. Lovely start to their journey. Rynn sighed and took a seat, doing her damndest to ignore the men next to her. They probably loved technology too, the dirty bastards.

Her emerald eyes followed Nick as he walked over to the frailest looking girl Rynn had ever seen. Though she appeared to be Alshemerean, something Rynn was very thankful for. At least someone here would understand her culture. Rynn took an immediate guess that this one was light, with her pale skin and blonde hair. Really, the gods could've made an effort to be less predictable. As Rynn watched his actions, the look of disgust on her face just grew even more. It was also mixed with a tinge of jealousy and indignation. Why did the man feel that woman was worthy of 'good' treatment yet she wasnt? Wasn't she his natural enemy?

But the emotion that was truly in control was the disgust and anger. It lit a spark in her, watching him touch the girl without her permission. It reminded her too much of what men had tried on her in the past, what the La'Ronk had done to their mother. And Rynn wasn't about to stand for it. Not to mention the girl was also from Alshemere, which immediately made Rynn want to protect her more. In true Alshmerean fashion, she believed in protecting her own. Swiftly the woman stood, her cloak brushing the steps behind her as she made her way to the two, the glare still hard on her face."Please excuse me while I go deal a quick blow to Nick, Li." Rynn said, not wanting to seem rude to her icy companion. She was fairly certain she had never disliked anyone as much as she disliked Nick, and no where near so quickly.

Faster than she knew she could move, Rynn placed her hand on the man's shoulder and did her best to yank him away from the poor girl he was assaulting, making him face her as well as she could.

"You should ask her permission before treating her like your concubine. Soemthing tells me she'd take issue with it." Rynn snarled through gritted teeth, her emerald gaze hard and angry on her face. Blame it on her element, Rynn was a creature of instinct and rash behavior. Besides, wasn't like he'd kill her. Her powers far exceeded his at least for the moment and, like it or not, they needed each other.

11. Characters in this post:
    Eyes shifting, she pretended not to notice as her counterpart came over and bent down in front of her. Was he really going to do this? she had brothers, she had seen them all try to put the moves on girls before. She watched as he bent over before her, face approcing hers at a steady rate. Letting her hand fall away from the food she did nothing to stop him as he bit into the other half, arms snaking around her as he pulled her to her feet.

He pressed her body against his and as much as she tried to fight it, she couldn't keep her pale cheeks from flushing to an immense red. She reached up and pulled the apple from her mouth, swallowing the bite she had held onto, and thats when Fire showed up.

Pulled the man away from her this woman seemed far more angry that Kris was herself. She watched as the fiery red head lit into the man that had just tried messing with her. Gently she placed a hand on the taller woman's shoulder. "It's alright." She said softly. "He wouldn't have gotten anywhere anyway." She said simply, giving the woman a soft smile, hoping it would calm her down some.

"As for you." She turned her bright eyes up to meet his. "Don't be so quick to think you'll get what ever it is you want." She was trying her hardest to play it cool. like his actions had done nothing to her. But honestly, being cooped up on a farm, her interaction with available men had been rather limited. For someone to so instantly want her, whether it was a real want or just a physical on, was rather confusing. He was cute, she'd give him that. But she wasn't about to let some stupid faltering emotions let her make a mistake. Not when there were important things to take care of.

Her eyes drifted over to the man left sitting alone on the stares. At least he seemed level headed compared to these two. "It seems we have gotten away from our intended meeting place. Perhaps we should go back to the stairs. We wouldn't want to leave Ice all alone to greet the others." Honestly Kris didn't really want to be part of the welcoming committee , but she had been found out, no sense in shying away now.

Waiting for the other two she walked over and took a seat silently beside the man with the tiara upon his head. She gave him a brief smile before looking away without so much as a word.

12. Characters in this post:
    As she felt the girl place her hand on her shoulder, Rynn released Nick from her grip, though she still served him with a very stern glare. At least he'd know that even if Light didn't try to stop him, Rynn would. Granted, she'd likely interfere less in the future but this man's cocky nature and attitude that he could get whatever he wanted really, really irked her. Had she not been in such a big city, she likely wouldn't have been on edge so much.

"Sorry." Rynn said, looking down at the other girl "People like him just really, really get to me." With another vicious glare cast at Nick, Rynn followed Kris towards the stairs, knowing that Nick's retaliation would likely be swift and far more rude than his earlier actions. She was very tempted to send a little fire at him, but refrained as they were in public and supposed to be allies. Had they not been allies, however, Rynn would've punched him in the jaw right then.

"You're right, we should get back. My name is Rynn. What's yours?" She asked casually, mentally doing her best to cool down her temper before Nick would likely come sauntering up and do something stupid and pretentious. How on earth was she going to save the world with someone like him around? At least Light seemed a bit of a balance. And Ice seemed okay, just quiet and prone to bouts of maniacal laughter.

13. Characters in this post:

Another perfect romance ruined by this idiotic redhead. Just what is her problem? She must be on her period or something. Note to self, don't mess with a bitch on her period.
    Still thinking to himself, he hoped he would be allowed to resume his wooing later. If all else failed, he might have to lay on his A-game charm, something Nick rarely used.

With a witty grin adorning his face, his eyes squinted with delight. Oh how he would enjoy frolicking around with these fools. Did they not realize they were just egging him on? Not that he craved the attention or anything, but Nick did enjoy being the winner. With his competitive nature running through his veins, the male advanced toward Rynn.

"Ya know, just because you're menstruating doesn't mean you have to give me shit. It's pretty rude to interfere with someone's romantic endeavors unless... my god... are you... jealous?"

Without batting an eyelash, the male cozied up between the two women. Arms looped between each of theirs, he boastfully flaunted the two dames as if they were his prized wives. Though, within mere seconds of his childish actions, Nick relinquished their arms and froze a few paces behind them. His face was oddly pale. A clammy demeanor formed as his eyes seemed to zone out. It was almost as if his soul was being ripped from his very core.

Dropping to his knees, the male groped at his neck. Dry heaves soon followed as did a fit of coughing. Rising, he tried to fight off whatever was "squeezing" his neck. When his knees gave in, the male found himself in a small pool of his own blood that had poured out from a little graze on his cheek. Though it wasn't bleeding profusely, it had aided to the size of the puddle that was caused by the now fractured wrist. With his palm's insides fully exposed, the male sent a wincing glance at the two females.

"What the fuck was that," he finally stammered out. His shadows reached out to the far horizon and scanned for what he believed was a la'Ronk soldier. To his dismay, he found nothing. Just as he was about to cave him, his eyebrow began to throb. "The hell, Deks. Are you trying to kill me?" he said talking to the piercing the circled his eyebrow.

Injured before even setting off on the journey, Nick knew he was in no condition to argue or even fight. Unlike the Water Hero arrived, he would be rendered useless. This fact killed him and he loathed every second of it. Though, he looked forward to the attention it would surely bring.

"To explain, I think... I think my own powers attacked me. Hell if I know why, so don't bother asking." Grinding his teeth some, he hobbled over to the steps where Li'ing sat. Refusing help from all three, he planted himself at the base of the steps. Sprawling himself out over the smoothed based, he looked up at the sky. Within the hour, he would be completely useless. Not only was he injured, but when the sun was highest in the sky, he lost all his powers. "Great...
    he muttered to himself.

14. Characters in this post:
    Kris ignored his playful attempts to make the red head mad. It didn't really bother her. It was nice torecieve some attention after so long of being alone. However when he stopped, she felt her chest tighten. Something was wrong, she could feel it. Jumping to her feet, she watched helplessly as his own body tortured him. She frowned, waiting for him to calm down enough for her to help. Knowing he wouldn't want it didn't stop her. As soon as he laid down on the stairs she knelt down beside him.

"Guess this makes sense." She mumbled. "I was never all that great at controling this stuff..." She wondered if she should mention the odd connection. If he had felt it too. Opposites. Nothing alone, they quite literally needed each other. "It just kinda makes sense that you can't control it either. Now let me see your hand." Not really waiting for a reply she gently took his hand and broughtit to her lap where she pulled out a long worn handkerchief and wrapped it around his hand to try and stabalize it. In the process she caught a glimpse of a bruise on her wrist. the same one Nick had hurt. She ignored it, not really thinking. She had gotten used to the unexplained bruises and scars she'd come across on her own body.

Her cheek itched as she worked on his hand,the woman oblivious to the bit of blood leaking from the matching cuton her face. "You have to be more careful." She said softly. "This isn't exactly the time for you to be fighting with yourself. Besides, just because it's noon doesn't mean youare completelyuseless. I still need you." She gave him a warm smile, still oblivious tothe cuton her face, although the throbbing in her wristwas getting worse.

Getting to her feet Kris moved to sit at Nick's feet. Hopefully Rynn would let it go, not say anything about Nick's fit and start more trouble. Her bright eyes stared out atthe crowds of people milling about. Which ones might be the others?

15. Characters in this post:
    [[ >< I had to post. I just had to. XD ]]

Okay, he had to admit it was nice to be mended to. It was also nice to see that Light had come to his aid even with his refusals. It was also nice to see that she was bleeding, too. Wait, whoa, bleeding? Why was she bleeding? Had his shadows attacked her, too? But how and why?

Sitting upright, the male ignored the pain that came to his wrist (he decided to push up on that wrist, genius move, right?). With his other hand, he cupped it around the backside of her head. Lowering her head down as his rose up, the male's lips brushed past her own. When the kissed missed, he could see the look of confusion in her eyes. With a smirk, his tongue slid out and lapped up the small beads of blood that coated her pale cheeks.

The wet sensation caused the woman to flush and fidget away from his sudden contact. With his lips beside her ear, he cooed sweetly to her. "Next time, I won't miss, my Angel." Pulling back his head, the male retreated to his original position - sprawled out on the floor with his stomach fully exposed. Hints of his nicely defined stomach made an apperance, but where quickly hidden when the male tugged his shirt down. He had no interest in showing off his naked skin. In fact, Nick hated the thought of having his body exposed in public. Bizarre, right? How could a horny fool like him not like to show off his hot bod? Even he didn't know the answer to that question.

16. Characters in this post:
    What the hell am i doing here? Ant shoved his hands into his pockets as he looked around the bustling street. I shouldn't be here. Not alone anyway. What was I thinking. He nervously looked around, his mind spinning. He had always had a feeling, that gut instinct on things and this was one of them. they were here. In this blasted city.

He wasn't here to hurt them, or spy on them. Quite honestly he wasn't really sure why he was there, but that happened to him alot. He'd just let his feet move and he would follow them. Peering out from under his hair he glanced around the busy market place. Not here. But close.

The bag strung around his shoulders was a heavy one. Notreally from the items it contained but from the responsibility he carried in it. He was a medic. Would have been the top surgen in the country. Hell, he was good enough to have probably been the top in the world. But his father put an end to all that real quick. Stupid la'Ronk. He never wanted anythingto do with them. Stupid family tradition. He didn't even agree with half the stuff they did. Just because his father was a piolet, his family was gifted with protection. But what about the other poor saps out there?

He was a medic for cripes sake! It was his duty toprotect life, not kill it. He wanted no part in this war. Although he never really got much of a chioce.

17. Characters in this post:
    Kris's eyes got wide when he sat up, using the had she had just wrapped. She felt pain shooting through her own wrist with his movements, but before she could say a word, his hand slipped into her soft hair. Heat rushed toher face and ears turning them a bright red as his lips moved a breaths distance above hers and to her cheek. Her heart was pounding, thundering in her chest as his lips and tongue met with her cheek.

It was reflex totry and pull away. She had never been kissed before. and Nick had just come very close. His words only intensifed to color on her face before he pulled away to laydown once more. Slowly her hand reached up and touched the warm wet spot he had let on her face. She could feel the matching cut she now wore along with the throbbing wrist she left sitting in her lap.

She just sat there for a few long moments as her spinning mind tried to digest whathadjust happened. Finally she blinked and looked down at him. She wasn't sure what had come over her but she leaned close, her soft lips hovering beside his ear. "If there is a next time, don't use your sore wrist, it makes mine hurt.... and you better not miss." Hair hiding her face from the view of the others she let her lips brush against his cheek in a feather light kiss. Then she gotto her feet and turned away from the others. Kris suddenly had an odd feeling. "I'm going to go get you some ice for your wrist." She anounced before walking into the crowded street with out looking back. she didn't want them all to see her cherry red face. Besides, whatever this odd feeling was, she would find out about it on her own.

18. Characters in this post:
    Adam stood in the city blinded by the technology before him, he lived a simple life and didn't grow up around any tech. He didn't hate it by any means, for he knew that in the end once all life was gone nature would thrive and take back what was once theirs.

Adam popped his neck and began walking to is destination still dazzled by all the flashing lights and the countless amounts of people around him. As he slowly made his way to his destination Adam thought of how he got to this point in his life.

If he had asked himself where do you see yourself in five years, five years ago he never would've guessed that he'd be a hero by any means. He wasn't terribly strong or anything sure he could run fast and climb trees quickly but what good is that to a hero who has to save the world?

One thing he knew for certain was that he wanted to aid those who needed it, he wanted to breathe new life onto areas decimated by war. While thinking over all this Adam finally made it to his destination.

He entered the room somewhat nervous as wasn't sure what any of the other heroes would be like. He was startled by what he saw, he saw a black haired man sprawled on the floor, a man with a tiara sitting on a bench, and a red head heading up the stairs.

He knew he needed to announce his presence but it didn't really feel like a good time to just say 'Hello I'm here' but he didn't want to just stand there looking weird either. As he was about to speak a young girl rushed by him, Adam only saw her for a second but that second lasted, to him, a good hour. He couldn't believe it that girl looked so much like his sister. He quickly regained composure to make sure he wasn't caught staring at the girl. He figured he may as well say hi now.
    "Hello, ummm...my name is Adam" he said very nervous "And you are?"

19. Characters in this post:
    Pulling the hood of her cloak up around her face Jennavieve tried to act normal. Her earrings had just started to softly glow, warning her that a la'Ronk was close by. She kept one hand clasped around hood so it was tight against her face. Eyes roaming everywhere Jenna continued on. They're gone... she heard being whispered into her ear. Every once in awhile her earrings would speak to her, giving her guidance.

Breathing out a sigh of relief Jenna let go of her hood but kept it up around her face. She didn't like showing her face anywhere when she was traveling. It was better off if know one saw her so she couldn't be tracked. Looking up at some signs she tried to find the path that would take her to the Dawn Castle.

Earlier that morning her earrings had spoke once more telling her to go there and meet the other heroes. The day she had been waiting for had finally come. All this time searching for them and she was finally going to meet them all. Turning down an alley Jenna couldn't help but smile. Now they could save the world from the disgusting la'Ronks.

After walking for a few more minutes she finally spotted the castle. Coming to a stop Jenna quickly made her way into the shadows and crept forward. There was no way she was going to just charge right up there. Someone could have found out and laid a trap for all the heroes. Being on her own for a long time had made her toughen up and become street smart. She had a lot of learning experience.

Once she was finally just a few feet away from the steps she paused and looked around. After checking all the shadows and spots that would be good for an attack she stepped out and walked over to the group. She saw Ice and Fire, she thought and what looked like Light and Darkness.

Stopping just by the stairs she smiled a little. "Hello," she said and pulled the hood of her cloak down. Her very long jet black wavy hair spilled down her back and her eyes, the color of lightening glowed behind thick dark lashes.

20. Characters in this post:
    [[ Short post is short! ]]

More people? Sheesh! How could one sleep with all these newcomers disturbing the peace. It made having R-rated dreams with the Light Hero in them nearly impossible. With a quick growl, he cracked open his eyes to see just what washed up.

"I don't care who you are or what your power is, JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!" As soon as he spoke, he thought he could feel the heat from Rynn overcome his body. Scowling, his lips curled up as he rolled his eyes in disgust. "Hi. I'm Nick. Darkness is my thing. Pleased to me you. Not...." With that introduction (even though it was rude, it did provide everyone with his name and his element), he curled himself up into a ball. Basking in the sun's warm rays, a smile emerged on his face. For being such a rare site to see, it was a shame his "Angel of Light" was nowhere to nearby to see it.

Moving his hand over his face, treating almost as if it were a paw, the male blocked out the sun from his eyes. Within seconds, the male was snoozing on the ground. Just how he was able to sleep so peacefully was beyond the gods. In this time of war, lounging around should have been forbidden. Karma would most certainly get him back at a later point in time. Until then, the gods that watched over the heroes let the young adults ease into their new roles. Sooner or later, they would learn there duties were not to be taken lightly.

[[ O_o It was supposed to be a lot shorter. Oopsie. ^^; ]]

21. Characters in this post:
    Adam stood in the doorway when a young girl appeared to his right, the girl lowered her hood. At this point he realized that he forgot to lower his own hood, he pulled down hood revealing his neck length midnight black hair, and rich gold eyes.

He looked at Nick "Well aren't you a cheerful person! And to spite you I'm going to fully introduce myself" Adam smirked as he said this "I'm Adam Celt, Earth Elemental, and really you're the dark elemental?! I never would've guessed I was sure you'd be light!" Adam said sarcastically.

He turned towards the girl who just entered "And what is your name miss?"

22. Characters in this post:
    Looking over at darkness Jenna frowned. Well he was a prickly guy, just like his element. She had really hoped he wasn't going to be a jerk. Glancing over to the guy she was standing by she watched him introduce himself. Earth...huh. He's pretty sarcastic.. she thought to herself.

"I'm Jennavieve but I go by Jenna. Lightning," she said and showed him her earrings. "It's nice to meet you Adam." Jenna gave him a small smile then walked inside and peered down at Nick. Shaking her head she looked around the room at all the other heroes. Hopefully the rest showed up soon so they could leave. Jenna didn't want to be here for long. It didn't feel right, it felt like they were sitting ducks.

23. Characters in this post:
    "Pleasure to meet you as well Jenna" Adam walked over to Nick and extended his hand, sure they both might've gotten off on the wrong foot but still he wasn't going to let him just lie on the floor in pain.

Adam knew that he was going to be with these people for awhile and it would be in his best interest to be nice and helpful.

"Here let me help you up, I know we may haven't gotten off on the right foot but still I want to help. You okay?" He really did want Nick to be okay even though he knew he was an ass but still no one should be left in pain.

24. Characters in this post:
    She hadn't noticed the man she brushed by, her stomcah was flipping, that unsettled feeling returning. Disapearing betweenthe people, oblivious to the two new heros, she tried to ignore her nerves and focus on getting Nick something for his wrist.

Kris was a small woman, easily pushed about the crowded street by passersby. She winced some whenthe one smacked into her already throbbing wrist.Frustration was building and she finally shoved her way to the wall of a building, out ofthe way ofthe crowd. Taking a momentshe took a deep breath. Turn around. her brothers voice echoed in her head and snapped her eyes open. She glanced down to the stone on the chain around her neck and gasped when she saw it glowing. Clamping a hnd over the necklace was useless, the brightrays peeked out from between her fingersas she looked around.

Her eyes med tha tof a handsome man who looked a little older than herself. But as he took afew slow steps towards her, her heart started racing andher necklace grew brighter. He was one of them a la'Ronk.

"You know, if you keep jerking it around, your wrist is never going to heal." He said, a soft baritone voice, barely madeit over the noise of the crowd. His eyes drifed down to the glowing from within her hand. "Ah. So you know... and I know... Well, don't worry Miss, I won't hurt you, it just isn't in my nature. Here." He reached into his bag and pulled out a small white pouch. He cracked it and shook it before offeringit to her. "It's an ice pack. It'll help withthe swelling."
    Kris didn't know what todo. She had never actually seen a la'Ronk before. She hadalways thought thatthey would be mean and vicious, butthis man, was nice, caring almost. How was she supossed to attack someone like him. Besides, juststanding in hispresence she felt strange. Could she even muster up an attack against him?

Before she realized whatwas goingon he had picked up her arm and pressed the cold pack to the purpling area. "You shouldn't be here." He said simply. "Im just a medic, but the others coming.... they wont hesitate to kill you." His sorrow filled eyes found hers. "Get your comrades. And run."

Kris didn't need any more instruction. Clutching her necklace in one hand andthe ice pack in the other, she took off sprinting. Weaving in and out of people she finally popped up onthe other side of the group of heroes. Panting she tripped and fell to her hands and knees, wincing. Ignoring the formalities they were trying to address she shook her head. "We have to go. Now!" She finally let go of her necklace to reveal that it was still glowing. "They are here!"

*.*.*.*

Ant sighed as the girl took off running. He wasn't expecting someone likeher to be part of the group. He thought he knew them all, who theheroes were supossed to be. He shook his head. I guess that was why I was here... to warn them. deed done, Ant shoved his hands into his pockets and took off in the other direction at a slow pace. Jenny was going to be mad if he was late. But he didn't really care.

((class soon.... i dont wanna go!!! D: ))

25. Characters in this post:
    Adam waited for Nick to either A) Accept his help or B) Say some rude comment but before any of that could happen the girl who ran by him when he first arrived, the girl who reminded him so much of his sister, rushed into the room. When she said that the la'Ronk were coming Adam knew that they all had little time.

"Shit!" he swore quietly, he looked down at nick and with a smirk said "I know you're not going to like me in the slightest for doing this but we have to move now or we're all going to most likely die. And while for you that may seem awesome, me personally would rather keep living currently!" Adam grabbed Nick by his shirt and left pant leg and hoisted him onto his back.

Grunting under the weight Adam looked at the other people in the room "Let's go!"

26. Characters in this post:
    ((oh dear remind me to never leave this rp alone for a few hours))

As Rynn saw Nicke double over in pain, she couldn't help a very venomous thought enter her mind, and that was that he deserved it. Casting a casual glance over her shoulder to make sure he wasn't dead, Rynn continued on and displayed very little concern for their dark little companion.

Rynn also found herself rolling her eyes as Light stopped and helped him, and getting even more aggravated as he decided to pile the moves on her and kiss her and her returning the emotions. Five minutes in and they were already a couple. Enough to make someone sick. Man she was in an unusually bad mood today. Normally Rynn was a much happier person.

"Rynn, I'm fire. Because the gods couldn't choose anyone but a redhead..." she cracked a smile at the two elements near her, the newest. Hopefully they'd be bette people. She was already taking a liking to earth, considering he did everything he could to aggravate Nick. "Hopefully you two will be friendlier than our local doom and gloom darkness element." She added, looking at Jenivieve and Adam. They could be friends, and it was good to see that.

But then Light ran off for no apparent reason and came back quite shaken up, talking about how they needed to leave. "Now look, I understand the need to rush, but how are we supposed to find water if we run off somewhere else? We need everyone, we can't just go off without them. And I don't see anyone chasing you, are you sure they're here to hunt us down? I mean... we have a lot of power between us, I'm sure we can hold them off if something happens until water gets here." Rynn reasoned with them, looking at each group member in turn and hoping her reason wouldn't be overruled. Water couldn't be left to fend for themselves. Even if it was the natural enemy to her, that didn't mean she wanted them left behind. Nick? Now Nick was another story. Nick could be left behind and it would make Rynn very, very happy. Except that apparently they needed shadows.

27. Characters in this post:
    This girl was correct Water hadn't shown up yet, and if they all left before Water got there they could easily be killed. And Adam wasn't about to let someone be killed when they could easily hold off any advances from the la'Ronk

"Dammit, she's right we can't just abandon Water! We're going to have to hold our our ground until they arrive!"

Adam moved to the back of the room and gently placed Nick on the ground grunting as he said "Now you just lye back and...hmmm...you can't really do much right now...just lye there and say snarky comment to the la'Ronk when/if they come. Maybe your bitterness will make them want to kill themselves.

Adam turned to the red headed girl "We haven't been properly introduced I'm Adam Celt Earth Elementalist. Glad you noticed Water isn't here yet. Due to panic we almost abandoned them."

28. Characters in this post:
    ((rather...remind me not to leave this roleplay alone...ever. @ - @))

Li'ing snapped out of his thought as a light-haired girl ran back, saying something about needing to leave. Wait...what? Li'ing cast his gaze around and realized he must have been really out of it not to have noticed the others showing up. Mentally berating himself, he stood up, looking at all the other unfamiliar faces. He'd have to ask someone to introduce everybody to him then...and pray he didn't make the rest think he was as crazy as Nick and Rynn probably thought.

He caught the end of what Rynn was saying and figured it to be true. "Then how about minimizing target areas?" he suggested, not sure if anyone would be able to hear him. "Have a few of us stay here...the ones that can hide their gifts easiest, and then the rest of us can split into groups or something and meet up elsewhere...it might be better than sitting here altogether acting like sitting ducks. If we do get caught, some of us might have a chance of getting away then."

29. Characters in this post:
    Rynn burst out laughing as she heard Adam make comments to Adam about saying snarky comments and making them want to kill themselves. "You. I like you..." she said to him, a wicked grin on her face "I think we'll get along just fine." Its a wonder he hadn't piped up yet, the little emo boy in the corner, but she supposed it was quite the blessing that he was injured and not in the mood to socialize. Wow. She was really becoming an awful person because of this man. Hopefully he'd cool down over time and she wouldn't have to occasionally set his perfectly side swept bangs on fire to put him in his place. Oh that was a delicious though indeed...

Snapping back to reality, Rynn nodded in agreement as Li'ing spoke. Thankfully he was not as insane as his previously laughter had labeled him. But then again, he'd laughed at Nick, and Nick's attitude was enough to make even the sanest person burst out into manical laughter on occassion, so she supposed it was acceptable. "You're right. We shouldn't all just be reclining on the stairs like we own the place. I'll stay, After the stimulating conversations I've had with Nick I'm just aching to light SOMETHING on fire...." as she said those words, Rynn created a small fireball in her hand, tossing it about back and forth before sending it out of existence once again.

30. Characters in this post:
    A small half-smile appeared on Li'ing's lips. Well, at least someone thought his ideas made sense. And maybe this meant Rynn didn't think he was insane? He wouldn't count on it yet then...maybe he could ask Rynn for everybody else's names later...

"I'll be a part of one of the moving groups if anyone wants to go with me....I admit a tiara does look as queer as Nick said it does." he said, running a hand through his hair yet again, a nervous habit of his, his fingers running over the tiara lightly, provoking memories that he fought to keep in the back of his mind. He didn't need to reminisce now, it wasn't the time for it.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 328