Login to your account

Digimon: Heroes of the New Frontier - Closed

Those involved would say that their day started off rather plain and boring. However, when things took a turn for the worse, these so-called DigiDestined were sucked into a Digital World. The only way back home is to save the DigiWorld from the brink of destruction.......

Tags: action, adventure, anime, comedy, digidestined, digimon, digital monsters, digiworld, friendship, heroes, hope, monsters, new world, romance, video game

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Beginner

New Players: Closed

Creator: Xavirne

Created: 08-24-2011, 12:40 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 80

1. Characters in this post:
    The ink made a scratching sound as it drew beautifully written letters across a pale page. Even the faded gray lines were no match for the bold ink whose smooth edges seeped into the fiber-based object. As the scribbling noses died down, the faint hint at the mighty pen dropping caused a small ripple in the still air. With his entry complete, the black haired male rose to glance at his surroundings.

Yet again, a layer of filth had formed in the air Devin's rump rested upon. His lifeless crimson eye scanned the horizon, noticing that a fat rat had perched its grimy hands around a stale corn dog. Turning his nose up, Devin took a hike in the opposite direction. He feared that, had he passed by the rat, it might have sought to feast open him as Devin was famished to the point of hunger where his stomach no longer craved food.

It was nearing dusk and Devin was without shelter, again. Looking up at the sky, he wondered if he would make it another night. How was it that life could be so cruel? Had he really been deserving of this punishment? He liked to believe not. He also wanted to believe that his punishment now would lead to a happier future. Though his hopes of this were slowly slipping.

With night closing in, Devin found himself wandering the park. Looking for a bunch to claim as his own, he exhaled a rather depressing sigh.

2. Characters in this post:
    Breaks locked and caused the bike to screech as it sputtered to a stop in the ally. "No no no!" Sydney mumbled as she wrangled it to a stand still. Kicking down the kickstand she hopped off the machine with a slight limp before she hunched down. Finger-less gloves were worn near constantly on the female. Not only for grip in riding the motorcycle, but also great protection and grip while she worked on the machine as well as the vehicles she often tended to for other people.

Sticking her fingers into the scalding machinery she swore, but kept them there as she tried to feel out the problem. Pulling her constantly burned fingers out she rolled her eyes. It was the same problem as always. "I should have never spent the money." Rising to her feet she cracked her back before letting out a frustrated sigh and kicking over the bike. "Not even worth the salvage parts." Glancing around the dirty alley she frowned and kicked at a can. She spied a park not to far away. Maybe she could find a place to crash there. A bench, a jungle gym, anything.

She stared limping her way over there. It was only a slight limp, her leg stiff from the ride. The longer she walked tho, the soon the limp would disappear and then no one would know about the metal rod she had supporting her shattered femur. The baggy pants she constantly wore helped to hide the ugly scar on her leg, no one needed to see that. She shivered slightly, the nights starting to grow chilly, and shoved her hands into her pockets. First she grumbled to herself for not finding a sweatshirt but then she felt the granola bar in her pocket. It wasn't much but hopefully it would get her through the next week or so. She had run out of money last week. It was getting harder and harder to find people willing to let her work on their cars.

By the time she reached the park, her limp was gone, but she was still shivering. Her eyes scanned around and landed on the erratic hair of a young man probably around her own age. He was homeless, like her, no one else would be out here. Frowning she felt the granola bar in her pocket again. She'd give it to him. He probably hadn't eaten in a much longer time than she had.

As she got closer she let her feet make a bit more noise, she didn't want to completely scare him. Standing before him she looked down and pulled hte granola bar out. "Here. You probably need it more than i do." She said softly. Syd was generally a shy girl, not really one to talk to strangers, but seeing someone in need tended to bring her out of that little shell. Fingers figeted as she shivered, holding the food out to him. Finally she managed to bring her eyes up to meet his. As her bright blue eyes found the swirling crimson of his she froze. Memories flashed around in her skull.

She jumped and landed on him just as the claws came slashing down across her back. "Run!" Sydney screamed as she saw him turn around to look at her, eyes locking in that moment. The beast flung her away, crashing into a wall, nearly destroying her leg. It would have killed her had he not called out to it and gotten it to chase him.

She never forgot those eyes. "You..." she breathed. Swallowing she just stared at him. "I... I know you."

3. Characters in this post:
    So much for a peaceful night, he thought when he saw the woman approach. When she offered out the food with a trembling arm, Devin rose with a shaking head.

"No thank you, miss. I would rather it not go to waste. I'm afraid the food I ate these days causes me more pain than good. Please," he said handing her his black jacket, "wear this. I would hate to see you catch a cold on my behalf." Noticing the look in her eyes, the crimson eyed boy smirked. "Don't worry about me. I'm used to it."

As if he knew she was about to reject his offer, the slender male draped his coat around her narrow frame. The sleeves were too long for her body length, but still, the remnants of Devin's body heat could be felt against her chilled body.

His eyes fluttered, registering her comment about knowing him. Was it possible they had crossed paths before? Nonsense, he would remember seeing a woman. Being of a traditional upbringing, Devin did his best to serve all women in need. Had she truly been in his life once before, he would have remembered assisting her.

A frown of disbelief must have played on his face because it was evident that his lack of their meeting was troubling the woman. In an attempt to rekindle her hopes and memories, Devin whispered, "I'm afraid, if we had met, that memory is gone. I apologize for this lapse. Please, forgive me."

W
    ith a slight bow, he eyed the woman up and down. Was it really possible that she knew him? Perhaps. Maybe she had seen him on the streets before. It was possible, right? Even though the city was so large, it was entirely possible to bump into a familiar face from time to time.

Brows furrowing and a soft expression playing on his face, the male smiled to reassure the woman she was not before a dangerous man.

"I apologize for my rudeness. I should have stated my name and offered to assist you. I am Devin L. VonHellens. How may I serve you, my lady?"

Again, he bowed before the woman as if she were from royalty. It wasn't that Devin thought he was above her or that he was poking fun at her misfortune. That wasn't the case one bit. You see, in all his travels and wanderings, Devin had taken a liking to those with the utmost proper manners. He really enjoyed the gentlemen traits and formalities the butlers to rich bureaucrats used on their masters. Devin had also recalled his mother reading him stories about knights and princes who were always polite among the women. He, too, wanted to be just like those fairy-tale heroes.

4. Characters in this post:
    He rejected her offer of food and she frowned about to protest when he got to his feet. Then before she could say another word he wrapped his jacket around her small form. Syd hadn't realized how tall he was while he was sitting down, but he nearly towered over her now. He wasn't this tall in her memories. Chewing on her lips she debated on giving him his jacket back. It was warm, she wanted to keep it, but... he wouldn't take it back anyway. Holding it closed over her, she slipped the granola bar into the pocket so he could have it later.

Syd was a bit taken back by the way he was acting. So formal and proper for a the normal people that lived on the street. It was refreshing, even if odd. She waited for him to finish his bow and curtesies before she spoke again.

A soft smile spread across her face. "Devin, i like having a name to tag to a face." She said softly. Then she shook her head. "I do know you though." She stepped a bit closer, her eyes boring into his. "I'd never forget those eyes, although... last time I saw you you didn't have..." She pointed to her own eye, mirroring where his patch was. "Did that happen when the monsters came?"

Instantly her face flushed. She couldn't believe she had just said that. People thought she was crazy, ran her off when she mentioned the monsters. Squeezing her eyes shut she took a deep breath before looking up at him again. "I know that night happened." She breathed. "I tried saving you..." Her shoulders slumped a bit. "But I guess I couldn't save your eye. After I jumped, and... you ran..." She shifted her weight off of her injured leg.

"Do you really not remember any of it?" She asked, her eyes a bit fearful. She wasn't crazy. Her leg we proof. His eye was proof.

She sighed and rubbed her temples. "I have been looking for you... ever since that night." She looked up at him, a bit discouraged now. If he didn't remember, she really was alone in everything. "Guess I'm out of luck huh?" She offered up a weak smile.

5. Characters in this post:
    Hmmm, this woman is shockingly pleased to see me. I'm surprised I haven't scared her off yet with this cursed eye. What's this she speaks of? Monsters? I don't recall any monsters? Do I?

Baffled and a bit discouraged, he shrugged his shoulders. As they drooped, he fought with the innermost crypt in his mind. If he had truly seen a monster, the memory would have been cast into that abyss. It sounded painful, and Devin tended to throw the painful flashbacks away. He didn't want to dwell on the past or be worried about past happenings. If it happened, it had happened for a reason.

"I'm afraid I don't recall a monster. I can only envision a wolf-life creature. It was trying to save me... but I'm not sure what it was saving me from. I remember its soft black fur and its enormous paws. They...."

Touching his wounded eye, the black-haired male continued to playback the memory. It was missing many pieces, most of which were forced out of his head by himself (he didn't want to remember that day, it was too upsetting for his already fragile body).

The lengthy male inched closer to Sydney. With his right hand, he reached down to touch her sun-kissed golden hair. Between her pleading, lonely eyes and the whimper that escaped her quivering lips, Devin knew she had to be speaking the truth. Twisting that strand of blonde hair through his fingers, he tried to recall her face. He tried to picture those angelic blue eyes and that frail body of hers.

Forcing on the thought of remembering her, Devin's hand drifted from her hair to her cold, pale cheeks. As soon as his palm collided with the skin, he felt a warm sensation tingling below his tired hand. Looking at her, he didn't seem to notice what had caused the warmth. He was a bit too lost in the moment of verifying her story.

Then it finally hit him like a ton of bricks. She was the woman that tackled him to the ground! The very angel that saved his life. Had it not been for her, he would have died. Both she and the wolf were the ones that saved his life that day.

Although his mind knew the truth now (or at least pieces of it), his face remained still. Devin's poker faced look didn't hint at anything. There was no tremor in his eyes to suggest that he had finally confirmed her story. There wasn't even a small contraction on his face. No twitches, no movement, no nothing.

When his eyes finally saw reality, he immediately retired his hand to his side. A light pink hue even appeared in his cheeks. With a good stumble back, Devin managed to land with his behind on the edge of the bench. Sure enough, gravity took this chance to seize him. Sliding to the earth below, Devin winced at the initial impact.

A light groan broke the silence. His messy hair piled into his face as he bent over himself to rise. With a quick flick of his neck, the hair resumed its previous bizarre position.

6. Characters in this post:
    He spoke and her pulse quickened. The wolf thing. He remembered it! She stood there eagerly waiting to see if he'd continue, if he'd remember more. Then he got closer. Again her heart rate skyrocketed. Eyes drifted down and watched his hand as it grabbed one of the stray strands of hair from along side her face. Her breath caught in her throat as she forced herself to not cringe away. Surprisingly though, it wasn't to hard to force herself to stay there.

Then his hand dropped the tangled lock and moved to her cheek. His hand was warm against her skin and instantly her features flushed. It had been along time since she had let anyone get close enough to touch her. Yet she let him and for some reason she was okay with that.

Before she knew what was going on he let her go and stumbled back, hitting the bench before hitting the ground. Her eyes got wide for a moment, but it all happened so fast she didn't even have time to register he had fallen before he was on his feet. Instinctively she stepped closer. "Dev are you okay?" She hadn't meant to use a nick name, it just kind of slipped as she worried about his well being.

Seeing he was okay. she relaxed a bit, but winced, her leg starting to throb in the cold. Her shoulders slumped and she hung her head a bit, a bit saddened by his lack of recognition. A shaking hand reached up from under his jacket ans brushed her bangs from her face only to have them fall back to their normal place. "Well..." She sighed. "I guess I'm just being a pain aren't I. I'm sorry If I bothered you. I guess I was just hoping for someone who wouldn't look at me like I'm a freak." She gave him another smile as her hand reached up to play with the tarnished locket hanging around her neck. the action would draw attention to her throat, giving him glimpses of a scar on her collar bone that was normally hidden by her shirt.

Shaking her head she removed the warmth of his jacket and went to hand it back to him. The cold biting at her exposed arms as soon as the material was removed. "Thank you, for letting me borrow this." She offered it back to him. He probably thought her absolutely insane so she didn't want to stick around and bother him any more.

7. Characters in this post:
    "Y-y-you're l-l... leaving?"

The expression on his face went from content to pain-stricken in less than three seconds. His world was crushed. Not only was he mentally wounded, but his emotions were set on a downward spiral. She, the only person to actually stick around for more than five minutes, was just going to walk off. Leave him for dead! She, being of the same background as he (meaning a homeless individual) was going to pass up the opportunity to befriend him! Not that Devin believed in such a term. Friendship. It meant nothing to the boy. Though, from the get-go, Devin knew the conversation would run dry all too soon. Hell, she hadn't even said her name! It was the first sign of trouble. Moreover, she didn't even accept the jacket as gesture of kindness and compassion. He wasn't nothing more to do with that thing. It would only serve as a constant reminder to his own disappointment. It would eventually lead to his untimely death. Pegging himself to be the kind of man to die of a broken heart, he fought back the tears of rejection and loneliness.

When she was just outside his now blurred vision, he piped up. He had wondered if he had caused his own pain and agony. Was it his personality? Was it not rich enough? Did she not swoon over his gentleman charm? Perhaps he had just imagined his antics. Maybe he really was just a lowly piece of filth.

"Was I not... polite enough?" he finally muttered from behind his shockingly beautiful teeth (they were perfectly straight and without any damage).

He could feel his throat thicken so that swallowing became nearly impossible. His eyes became heavy and full of shame and pity; he was on the verge of tears. Had his company been that repulsive that she would turn and leave him? Was it his smell? His lack of hygiene (though, for being on the streets he was pretty clean)? Perhaps it was his attire? No, maybe his hair?

"... my face," he cussed to himself.

Nothing else about him could ever compare to his crimson eye and battle scars. The accursed things were always ruining his life. It foiled everything. No one wanted to be beside a man with such a face. The scars that he wore weren't scars of bravery to the eyes of the vast majority. No, they were scars to separate him from the beautiful. They served as a warning. Steer clear from this man, they screamed.

His face was a hideous site. Devin knew that. That one red wolf-like eye was always so alert, calculating everything that laid in his wake. There wasn't a single thing on this planet that Devin wasn't capable of foreseeing or envisioning. He could predict the actions of those around him and he could sense when something was troubling another.

Being partially blind, his other senses had to pick up the slack. Survival of the fittest wasn't just something to joke about. It was true. To survive, Devin trained his body to overcompensate for his little loss. He refused to go down without a fight.

"Please... will you not... stay?"

His fingers reached out in a pathetic attempt to grab her by the ruff of her shirt. When they grasped at nothing, Devin dropped to his knees and wore a defeated look on his face. Eye dull and without emotion, he just gazed intently at Sydney's fading body.

He was invisible to her. His fingers passed right through her. Was he really... a ghost? A fragment of someone's memories? Had everything he fought for been in vein? What was the point in living if you're always alone? He just couldn't figure out where he went wrong. Was it a compatibility issue? Did she think he was crazy for speaking of the wolf? He was uncertain and it was probably the aspect of the night that bothered him most. For being able to read the hidden agendas of those around him, he was completely useless at reading her feelings. Though he knew she was sad, he was unsure if it was sorrow due to his actions.

The newly disturbed earth moistened his knees some. The sweet scent of moss and soil trailed up to his sharp nose. With his head already bowed in defeat, he knew that not a soul would see him cry, as his eyes were covered by his thick black hair. The soft pitter-patter of shed tears filled the air around him, but only for a moment.

With the tears shed, he rose back to his feet. Not showing an ouch of concern, he turned to walk in the opposite direction. Why bother, he thought, maybe you were meant to always be alone.

8. Characters in this post:
    "Well I thought..." She tried to start but her voice died in her throat as she watched the contortion of expression on his features. Was he really just as lonely as she was? Dying for some kind of person to be with thet wouldn't betray him? He looked like he was on the verge of tears. And the sight was breaking her heart. Chest tight she swallowed the lump in her throat and tried to bring herself to speak again but she couldn't find the words.

Not Polite enough? Far from it! He was the only man to even give her an ounce of respect. He went on about his face and the scars on it. It made her frown. She had learned a long time ago to never judge according to scars. Quite frankly he was one of the most handsome men she had ever seen, by far the best looking man to ever give her the slightest bit of attention.

She gasped as he fell to his knees, clearly distraught at the thought of her leaving. It wasn't like she wanted to. She knew he was the only one who had anything in common with her, whether or not he remembered it or not. She wanted to stay. perhaps that little link would be enough to foster a friendship?

Then he was on his feet and walking away. "Wait! Please!" She stepped out after him. It was the first time she could recall herself reaching out to actually touch another person. Her small hand found his arm and she stopped him.

"I-I'm sorry I just...."
    Her voice trailed off as she slowly took her hand back. Her eyes flitted around trying to find what to say. "Please don't leave." She finally started. "You are truly the most polite man I've met, It's nice to know that the world hasn't rejected me completely." It was true. Most people she tried to talk to looked at her dirty tattered clothes and just turned the other way, not even bothering with a simple hello at all. She offered him a small smile before it faded almost completely. Eyes locked on to his. "But don't you dare put with in the same category as people who are too shallow to see past stupid things like scars." Her features softened a bit and she sighed. "Honestly you are probably the most handsome man I've ever had a conversation with."

She folded her arms across her chest, trying to warm herself up again, his jacket still hanging from her hand. "I didn't mean to upset you. It's just.... You don't remember me so I thought... I didn't want you to think of me as completely insane I guess." She spoke, a bit rushed and mixed up.

Closing her eyes she took a deep breath before opening them again. She hated seeing all that pain on his features. She wanted to take it all from him, bare it all her self. "Devin... I'm tired of running around the city alone. I would rather like it if I could have some company." Her smile reappeared as she looked up at him. "Would you mind If I tagged along with you?" It was the first time she had ever offered to stay with someone. Her lack of trust with people was something hard to over come, but for some reason, Devin just... he just made her want to get over those fears.

"My name is Sydney." She held her hand out, swallowing the lump in her throat, still a bit nervous about contact with a guy. "Most people just call me Syd though." Her lips were trembling though. The thought of hurting him was unbearable. If he didn't accept her offer she'd be crushed. She was already trying to fight back tears of her own. She couldn't stand to see any of his.

9. Characters in this post:
    With his back to her, Sydney missed the smile that filled Devin's face. Shrinking to his typical side smirk, the male rolled back on his heels to spin around. Towering over her, as he was right before him, he looked down and picked the small girl up.

"If I weren't so modest, I'd kiss you right now. Though, kissing isn't really something I do, so I'll refrain from such an action. I have, however, always wanted to hug someone. I hope you don't mind becoming my first victim," he said while embracing the woman.

Devin's side grin still remained on his face even with the girl in his arms. Her contact with his own started to warm his chilled body. It was just enough to make the male blush, too. When his eyes finally caught a glimpse of her dangling feet, Devin set the woman down.

"Forgive me, I didn't mean to hoist you up off the ground. Though, you are shorter than I so I suppose it ought to be expected. Not that short is a bad thing."

Again, his smile flashed onto his face, but it soon faded when he caught the crunching sounds of someone approaching. Seizing his jacket, he placed the dark item over Sydney's shoulders and gently shoved her into a patch of tall grass and bushes. Eye narrowed, he awaited the man that stood in the shadows.

"You own me money, kid."

"I own you not a dime nor a penny. I repaid my debt to you, sir. I believe you are mistaken. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a guest to tend to."

Turning his back to the baffled man, Devin groped at Sydney. Swinging the woman onto his back, the dark-haired male took off in a nicely paced sprint. Daring to look back, he saw the shaking fist of the man he had just spoken with.

"Have you a death wish! You can run, Devin, but you can't hind. I will kill both you and your little girlfriend. You cannot run forever! I will find you. And I will destroy you both."

When he had finally took enough back turns and side streets, Devin slowed to a halt. Bending so that Sydney's feet where on the ground, he slid the woman off. Not saying a word, his hands balled into fists. Angry cast an ugly (more like horrifying) look on his face. The red eye looked more demonic than ever and the scowl on his lips was equally as terrifying.

"I will not allow him the pleasure of hurting you. I shall protect you with my life, Miss Sydney."

10. Characters in this post:
    His arms circled her and he hoisted her off the ground before she even had time to register the smile on his face. It took every ounce of control she had to not scream and flail in his grasp. Heart racing, she tried to focus on his words father than the strong arms holding her, touching her. It had been forever since she had last let a man touch her, get so close. The sick memories flashed through her mind.

Hands sliding up her body, tugging at her clothing, forcing her down... She took a deep breath as he set her down. Devin was not those men, somehow she knew he wouldn't do those things. At least she hoped he wouldn't. All she really wanted was someone to trust, who wouldn't hurt her that way. Maybe it was because she had saved him before and he had tried to do the same. They had that small connection already.

"I-It's alright." She stammered, her face a bright shade of red as she toyed with her bangs, a nervous habit. How was it that she was finding enjoyment in being so close when all that closeness had brought her was pain and humiliation? "I'm just not used to being touched is all." She confessed, hoping he wouldn't really press her as for why.

Then he took the jacket from her hands and wrapped it around her shoulders once more before shoving her into some brush. Falling to her backside she winced slightly the sudden jarring of the rod in her leg rather painful, but she stayed put, her bright eyes peering out at the man who came to hassle her new friend. She had heard the same threat a few times before. She knew the life. Yet again though, Devin surprised her when he pulled her out and up onto his back. She was higher off the ground than usual so it was a bit scary in general, and that was before he took off running.

Arms wrapped tight around his neck and shoulders as she clung to him while she ran. It was so odd, to be clinging to someone else, dependent on someone for her own safety. But finally the man slowed and lowered so she could stand on her own two feet. She frowned seeing the ugly expression mar his face more than the scars on the one side. Slowly she reached a hand out and set it on his arm. "Devin, It's alright. I've heard my fair share of threats." She gave him a smile. "Don't worry about it too much." She pulled her hand back and wrapped his jacket tighter around her shoulders. "Oh, and it's just Syd. None of that Miss stuff okay? I'm not more important that you, if we're friends it's all got to be equal, okay?"

Glancing around she found a stoop, it was pretty late, not to many people around and at least it would provide a little bit of protection form the chilly wind. Gesturing to it she led Devin over before she sat down. "So, how long have you been out here? Alone i mean." She asked. "I'm thinking it's probably been a while, although If that's the case I have no idea where you ever developed manners. they are far better than most." She let a small giggle escape as she looked up at him. "You can sit too ya' know."

11. Characters in this post:
    "Forgive me, I was unaware of your dislike of being touched. I shall refrain from it unless otherwise instructed. I would never want to offend a woman. So, please, tell me when I step out of bounds. I shall, immediately, correct my behavior."

Not calling her miss was going to be hard, but, for the sake of pleasing her, he would drop the use of the word. Though Devin refused to call her by anything less than Sydney. Full names were more polite. Perhaps, in the future, he would warm up to the idea of a nickname, but, having just met, he couldn't muster up the strength to break such a tradition.

"F-friends? I believe the meaning of that word escapes me. I'm not even sure I'm allowed to have the honor of calling you a friend. You're of the divinity of a goddess. I haven't the slightest clue why you would want to associate yourself with a nobody like me. But, I do thank you for your compassion and kindness. The light in your soul is enough to fill the voids I've lived with my entire life."

The next series of questions that fired from her lips caused the male to fall silent and wear a frown on his face. He didn't want to talk about that sore subject. He rather hated himself for living in such a pathetic state. Devin didn't have money, a job, a place to live, or even people he could call friends. He was constantly being relocated, assaulted, and even arrested by the cops for "littering" (he didn't litter, he made a small corrugated house and the officer saw he leave for a second and arrested him as soon as he returned.).

Offended at his rudeness, Devin answered her question to the best of his abilities. "Since before the wolf came. I've always been alone. The manners I learned I picked up from the various parts of town I visited. I paid close attention to conversations and took away the parts of speech I like. I even taught myself how to read and write... though, I'm not good at either."

Looking at her, Devin smiled. She was adorable. As cute as a button and she just made him happy. The light she brought into his life was enough to make him cling to his life just a little more than usual. Hunkering down on the bench beside Sydney, the male offered her to rest her head in his lap. He would, if she allowed it, then pet her hair until she fell asleep. The night was nipping at him and exhaustion had set in. If she didn't fall asleep soon, he would end up passing out before her, and, to him, that seemed rude.

12. Characters in this post:
    Sydney looked up at him her smile fading some. He spoke far too highly of her. "I am far from a goddess. I am more filthy in ways you wouldn't want to know. My soul's about as black as it can get... she sighed. "But I'm Glad I can at least seem to make someone happy with out doing anything." She gave him a smile.

She frowned again, watching as he though about his past. Stupid girl. No one would want to talk about their life if it was spent on he street. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to drag up bad memories... But don't worry. I've been on the street a long time as well. Life out here has been better for me, and hey... If I wasn't a street kid I wouldn't have met you in the first place."the smile returned for a moment before she yawned.

Seeing his offer of his lap as a pillow, her face flushed and she looked up at him. He was so kind. What was he doing out here all alone? Her eyes were already getting heavy. How did she not notice it yet he had? It took a moment, but she managed to nod, with a faint smile. She scooted over a bit before laying down on the stair, her head hesitating befor she let it rest on his thigh. How he was going to get rest she didn't know, but he offered his lap and she was too tired suddenly to really care.

"good night Devin." she said softly before her eyes closed. Sleep came surprisingly easy beside him. Shifting again she muzzled her face into his abdomen as his jacket slowly slid off her form. A slender arm wrapped around his waist to unconsciously hold her there as she slept.

Well she finally found him, syd couldn't help but wonder what she would dream about now that she had him.

13. Characters in this post:
    She was, without a doubt, the most adorable woman he had ever laid his eye on. Wanting to keep her to himself, the male rested a hand on her head and slowly stroked her hair, easing her into a peaceful slumber. With a smile on his face and her arms wrapped around his stomach, the male drifted off into his own peaceful sleep.

Though his dreams were cut short by the sounds of the morning hustle and bustle, Devin couldn't help but shine with happiness. Caressing her face as a means of wakening her from her sleep, the male took in her full beauty. Even asleep, she was as beautiful as a princess. A light kiss was placed on her forehead before he shifted his weight to his legs.

"I hope you slept well, Miss... erm... a... Sydney."

There was a content expression on his face as he looked down at her. Still rested on the steps, the black-haired male crouched down so that he was balancing in a squatting position. With his face closer to hers, he nibble at her ear, in high hopes that she would awaken sooner for he feared another riot would happen within moments. Why? There were a mob of people flooding the streets with white posters that had racial slurs and slander written all over. Not wanting to partake in yet another 'peaceful' protest, the male prodded her nose with his own.

"I hate to cut this short, but we need to relocate. I also had the pleasure of snagging this from some buffoon. We shall treat ourselves with a nice warm breakfast, if you so wish to accompany me."

14. Characters in this post:
    When he first shifted Syd didn't stir hardly at all. Even as he manuvered out from under her she simply curled up on the step to continue sleeping. His affectionate gesture at her ear was sleepily brushed away as she shifted on the step.

His nose pressed against hers was finally what pulled her to the world of the living. Instantly her face turned an extreme shade of red as she sat up, his jacket falling off he shoulders and to her lap. "G-good morning." she said as she averted her eyes and tried to smooth out the bits of hair that escaped from her pony tail in the night.

Glancing around at the crowd creeping in around them she nodded to Devin and his offer of breakfast. Grabbing his jacket she got to her feet in a rush. Bad move. She hissed through her teeth and froze in place. One eye squinted shut against the pain she knew so well she gave Devin a small smile. "Give me a sec, okay?" after a moment she was able to limp a few steps away, hand on her hip joint where most of the grinding and pain radiated.

When she ran out of wall to use for support she surprised herself and latched on to Devin's arm. Clinging to him as they walked she gave him a small apologetic look. "Sorry, I just... If I sit still for two long my leg acts up real bad. It'll be fine in a few minutes though, the you can have your arm back. So where are we going for breakfast?" she asked with a smile, hopin he wouldn't fuss about her leg too much. If he knew it happened the last time they met, then he'd probably feel jus as bad as she did about his eyes.

15. Characters in this post:
    "Arms are overrated. Use it as much as you like. I have no problem leaning you it. I've noticed that your leg hasn't been functioning that great. Might it be because of the monsters. I don't mean to pry, but, if we are to be partners, I think we ought to get everything out in the open. I, obviously, can only use one eye. So anything happening on my left is harder to see. If you will be my eye, I'll be your support."

His smile was on his face as they wandered away from the crowd. Asking about breakfast, the male could only shrug. He rarely ate, so anywhere seemed fitting to him. With a bit of an indifferent look in his eyes, he turned his head to face the woman. "Have your a preference as to where to eat? Anywhere is great sounding to me."

Rounding a corner, the two find themselves in the heart of the city. Streets after streets were laced with eateries and shops. There were so many scents to smell and sights to feast eyes upon. He was almost overwhelmed by the view before him. This was outside his typical travel route, but he really liked the feeling he got when standing before the area. Eye wide with awe, he smiled at the glamorous lights. The city billboards and advertisements wowed him. This spot was hopping with life and he enjoyed it much like a child enjoys a piece of candy. Giddy and full of curiosity he let his eye take in the world around him.

16. Characters in this post:
    A smile formed on Syd's face as he said she could keep his arm. It was nice finding someone so nice. But the smile faded as he pressed about her leg. She chewed on her lip a moment, adjusting her hold on his arm.

"Well... Yeah it happened that night."
    she sighed. "After I tackled you, the thing clawed my back... Left a nasty scar. But after you took off the thing flung me into a wall. her eyes looked up at him as they walked. "My femur was shattered. Dozens of little pieces that wouldn't reay repair. They had to replace it with a metal rod. My leg looks nasty, scars and all most all the muscle is ruined. It just hurts my hip, grinds and such if I sit still too long. Once I get moving though the pain works it's way out. Just don't ask me to run or jump. The sudden movement really hurts. she sighed. "Sorry you probably didn't want to know all that."

She glanced around and grinned at the look on Devin's face. He didn't get out to this part of the city too much, she could tell. Pointing to a nearby diner she let him help her walk up the steps and into the building. Picking out a booth in the corner she smiled and sat down across from him.

One hand massaged her leg as she glanced at the menu. So how much money do we have to spend? I don't want to spend it all but... I still want to eat. And you better get something too. she stuck her tongue out at him briefly before grinning.

17. Characters in this post:
    Nodding his head in silence, the male figured it was better to just drop the topic when it came to its end. He hated talking about his eye, so it was only natural that she hated talking about her leg. It was bad enough that guilt had set in and the male felt fully responsible for her issues. Perhaps, one day, when he had money, he would pay to get her a better surgery. One that didn't require her waking up in pain and agony.

Sydney ended up leading the male to a restaurant and was now questioning the amount of money that the stolen wallet contained. Peeling its contents out, he spied at a one-hundred dollar bill. Never in his life had he seen one of those before. And there wasn't just one! There were four in total.

Jaw dropping the male pushed the money toward Sydney. "I-I... I shouldn't have... I can't... I can't use this." Prior to meeting Sydney, he would have been okay with it. He would have spent a few dollar here and there, and then he would return the wallet to its owner with a letter of thanks. But Devin knew that there wasn't any way he would be able to repay this man. He also knew he was far too tempted to buy nice things for Sydney with this money.

His red eye diverted to the window and the scenes all around him. As much as he wanted to be rich, the male knew it wasn't right. Devin had a guilty conscious and a pretty moral compass. Although, he did tend to ignore both, this was not one of those times. A frown was painted on his pale vampire-like face (for being on the streets, he was oddly pale). His eyes pleaded that they leave, but his stomach roared otherwise.

18. Characters in this post:
    Sydney's eyes got wide at Devin's sudden change. He shoved the wallet across the table at her and said he couldn't use it. Frowning, Syd picked up the wallet and loked in it. She wasn't a fan of stealing, did it as little as possible, she much rather worked for her money instead of taking it. But desperate times called for desperate measures.

Spying a twenty hidden amongst the hundreds, Syd slipped it out and shoved it in her pocket. Then she waved over the waitress. "Excuse me ma'am, but we found this wallett out on the sidewalk outside and my cell phone just died. Do you think you could call it in for me? I think the man might be upset when he realizes its missing."
    The woman was a bit surprised by Syd. "Sure thing Sweetie. It isn't often that you meet such nice folks like yourselves." She tried to be polite, but Syd caught the woman taking an extra stare at Devin's eye.

Under the table Syd let her foot gently brush against his leg, a friendly distracting action. The woman moved away and went to call in the missing wallet and Syd smiled at the man across from her. "I don't like messing with that kind of stuff either, but we need to survive too. That man had plenty of money. He wont miss a few dollars." Her smile saddened some. She hated using that excuse. She would have given the whole wallet back if she wasn't so worried about Dev. She knew he hadn't eaten in a lot longer than she had.

The waitress returned a short while later saying that the owner was coming in to pick up his wallet later that afternoon and to thank who ever had found it. Then she took their order.

"I'll just have a scrambled egg please." Syd said with a smile. She was never a big eater and eggs were cheap. It left plenty of room for Devin to get a good sized meal.

19. Characters in this post:
    It was another day. Just another too bright, excessively warm day. Just more reason to stay indoors and keep activity minimal. Stay up late and sleep during the day was often Sam's motto- On she didn't live up to today. The buses didn't run up to her area in the PM and her parents were away on set (thank god), so the cars were gone. The only way into town was a day bus, or walk a few miles through the broiling hot streets. And she REALLY didn't feel like the latter.

It was imperative that she do so soon, as she only had enough cigarettes for another week or so. And there was only one place she knew of that was lax enough to never check IDs. So by twelve she had showered, but on some fresh clothes, crammed all her stuff into her purse and left her house where it lie.

The house she noted on leaving was a monstrosity composed of glass and white stone. She couldn't stand modern style houses. She preferred older ones. Maybe with a nice balcon- No, without a balcony. The doctors would flip a bitch if they saw her near one again. Samantha smiled as the city bus pulled up. Maybe she would look for a house with a balcony after all.

20. Characters in this post:
    He just sat there, watching the scene unfold before his eye. When the waitress came to take his order, the male kept his head turned away so that she wouldn't stare at his eye. It bothered him enough that the other customers had already taken a peek and were now gossiping about his demeanor.

"I'll just have a cup of tea, miss. Nothing but honey, if you please."

Dropping his head so that it rested on the table, the male just listened to the angry sounds that were rebelling within his stomach.

It was almost as if luck were on his side, because, at that very moment, a woman by the name of Candy came walking in. She immediately recognized the male and made a straight away to his side. Ignoring the woman sitting across from them, Candy placed a kiss on the male's cheek.

"Give this sweet thing something more than tea. I'm paying for him. I know he love bagels and ham. So how about a bacon, ham, cheese, and egg sandwich. Ya know, using bagels as the bread."

Snuggling up next to him so that his arm was now around her, the woman gave Sydney a cocky grin. "Listen, girlie, Devin is my little doll. If you want to cozy up to him, then you'll have to go through me first. He took me in and helped me get by. I finally was able to move up in the world and now I'm a show girl. Devin here is my number one fan. Although, he doesn't always approve of my style, he never misses a show."

"Someone has to make sure you don't land yourself in trouble." He said as a smile slid onto his face.

A twenty dollar bill was plopped onto the table as the woman rose to her feet. "Well, I hate to run away on you, but I've got to meet my daddy. He said I'll be getting myself a new gig if I keep things up." Another kiss was placed on his cheek before she ran off.

The small smile that sat on his face slowly faded to that dull look he always wore. "Don't mind her. She's just a good friend." Looking over at Sydney, he could sense that the woman was a little upset. So, being the kind of man that he was, Devin rose and walked over to her seat. Sliding in, he draped his left arm over her shoulders. "Please, Sydney, stop pouting. You're much prettier when you're wearing a smile."

21. Characters in this post:
    She watched as the other, much prettier girl paraded into the dinner and made her way over to Devin. Cuddling up against him and kissing his cheek. Taking clim pretty much to the man she was trying to make her friend. Her gut twisted into a fw knots and she got that unsettled feeling.

Of course he had someone. Devin was so nice, so genunily caring, of course he had a girl. Why it bothered her so much she wasn't sure. Syd had just kinda thought he was like her, that he didn't have any one. Everyone she tried to get close to ended up hurting her. Well, at least this came to light now before she got too attatched to him.

But if he had someone why did he throwsuch a fit the other night? She was glad she had stayed, she thought that she was making a real connection withDevin, but he obviously had a place to go. She caught that smile and she suddenly wished she would be able to put a smile on his handsome face. Why? She didn't know, she just wanted to, but she doubted that very much right now.

AS Devin slid into the seat beside her and put his arm around her more out of habit than of realcare she gave him a weak smile. "Sorry." She mumbled. "I just thought... She doesn't look like just a friend..." Her voice trailed off for a minute. "I don't want to be an intrusion on your life Devin,I'm glad you have someone." Her stomach was still so knotted and tight, even as the waitress brought their food over, Syd couldn't even think of eating it. "I don't want to get between you guys or cause problems for you." She added softly, her chest getting tighter, making it harder to breathe.

If he wouldn't have been blocking her exit from the seat she probably would have gotten to her feet and tried to leave. She had tried being friends with a guy who had a girlfriend before. Not only did the guy abuse and take advantage of her but the girl nearly killed her as well. She didn't want to deal with that. Not that she thought Devin would do something like that, he still calmed her, made her feel safe, she just didn't want to mess things up for him. Syd knew how hard it was to find someone to care about you when you lived on the street. Well, he had his girl, she didn't want to get in the way of that.

She felt stupid being shaken up so much but the small encounter, but she finally thought she had found someone she didn't need to be scared of, someoneshe didn't need toworry about. Looks like she was going to be alone again.

22. Characters in this post:
    He could feel her body trembling and almost immediately made the connection. Sydney was jealous of his relationship with Candy and she was upset that he hadn't mentioned her. A small laugh came from his lips as he seized Sydney's hands in his own.

"Please stop assuming things, Sydney. She's not my girlfriend. She's just a friend. Had you paid attention to her left hand, you'd have noticed its bares a ring. She's engaged to this newspaper stand man. He had asked me if I'd watch over her and I said yes. He always provides me with a free copy and he's the person that taught me how to read. So don't think nothing of it. There's nothing go on between us but friendship. Besides, she's not my type."

Releasing her hands, the male eyed the food before him. Not only did it smell good, but it looked good. Not having food for a while had finally taken its toll on the man. Rude as it was, he picked up the item and chopped into it. Within a matter of seconds, the towering piece of food was devoured. However, there were still some other items left for his hungry appetite. To his surprise, Candy had also paid for a bowl of fruit (strawberries to be exact) and several pieces of sausage links.

Figuring he would split the items in half, Devin dumped a handful of strawberries on Sydney's plate. When he noticed the woman still hadn't taken a bit, Devin frowned. There had to be something he could do to cheer her up. Just as he had swallowed a small strawberry, the idea popped into his head.

Flagging down the waitress, he asked for a bowl of whipped cream. As it was presented to their table, Devin dipped a strawberry into the bowl and munched into it. Looking like a rabid animal (as the cream was all over his lips), he made a roaring noise and poked at the girl's sides.

"Rawr! I am the strawberry monster. If you do not eat your food, I will pelt you with strawberries and draw all over your face with this whipped cream!" A child a few tables over burst out into laughter over the site. The parents, who were both amused, rose and walked over to him.

"We couldn't help but notice you helped out son laugh. He's a really stubborn boy and he runs all of the babysitters we hire out of town. Might we be able to interest you in taking up babysitting? You seem responsible enough and my husband and I have seen you about a lot. You're always helping children and lending women a helping hand. You never expect anything in return, which is quiet a shame. You would be so much better off if you were to start asking for donations."

"Why thank you for your concern, but I prefer that my services be free of charge. No amount of money could ever compare to a smile on a face. I prefer to make people happy without draining their wallets. It is only my deepest desire to please those around me."

"You have a great heart. If you're free around the holiday time, we'll be in need of a sitter. Our son tends to scare everyone off."

"I would be happy to watch your son. However, I am not qualified to watch him."

"We would pay to have you certified, if you were okay with that."

"Thank you for your kind offer. I will have to sit on this for a while. Would it be all right if I answered your question in the near future?"

"Of course. Take your time."

With that, the family exited the little cafe and Devin was left to comfort Sydney again. "I apologize for their interruption and my rude behavior. I should have introduced you. Forgive me."

23. Characters in this post:
    Syd looked up at him as he spoke. He took her hands in his and caused her face to turn an even brighter red as he explained. Well, now she just felt like an idiot. The woman was engaged to someone else, just a friend. She still couldn't figure ou why it had bothered her so much though.

She still couldn't eat though, he stomach in an uncontrollable tangle. But devin finally devoured his food and that made her feel better. Now that he was finally getting food she could help him take better care of himself. Devin noticed her lack of appetite more than she did, and when his plan went into action, syd almost lost it.

Her eyes got wide and then his fingers assaulted her sides and she burst out laughing. A bubbly giggle parted her lips as she squirmed and wiggled against him. He hadn't been touched in such a way she had forgotten how extremely ticklish she was. She could scarsy breath by the time he inally stopped when the little family walked over.

She sat there silently trying to catch her breath as she listened to their exchange. It was odd to hear people she assumed to be total strangers offer to put their son in Devin's hands. Not that syd wouldn't trust him, she just didn't expect others to be so trusting. He had made it seem earlier like he had no one. But maybe he did that himself.

When the group left, leaving him their offer and devin turned back to her. "it's alright." she said softly. "Really I think I'm the one that should be apologizing. I didn't mean to be so...." she couldn't find the right word, she didn't want to say jelouse, Sydney still wasn't sure that's what it even was. She wasn't quite ready to admit that she was opening up to this man. "Anyway, sorry." she picked up a little strawberry and popped it in her mouth with a small smile. Then she grinned to herself as she poked her finger into the whipped cream. The. She reached up and dabbed it onto the tip of his nose with a smile. "You're cute you know." she didn't really mean to let that slip but, she didn't retract it. Instead she smiled as her face flushed to a red to match the fruit..

24. Characters in this post:
    "You have no reason to be sorry. Everyone gets a bit flustered and caught off-guard. I'm just glad that you're eating... although, it would be a shame to see those eggs go to waste. So why don't you eat them. If not for yourself, do it for me?"

His red eye seemed less cruel. Aside from the fact that it was red, it never really showed much of a threat. It was always warm and inviting. Perhaps it was the fact that is was so odd, which made the eye so intriguing. Nonetheless, his eye never really hinted a bit of bitterness. Even if it was calculating and a bit terrifying, upon first glance, Devin would never allow it to look anything less. Scaring people just wasn't his thing.

A bit nervous, the male placed a trembling hand on Sydney's hip. It rested there nicely, just above her waistline. Holding her seemed like a dream. The warmth that pooled over into his body was enough to make Devin shudder. Foreign as it was, Devin enjoyed the contact. Slipping his hand up some so that it rested just blow her rib cage, the black-haired man drew her near. When her body was finally leaning against his, Devin nudged his head alongside hers. Keeping it there, he eyed her food and prayed she would eat. If he had to, he would throw a fit until she consumed it.

"No need to apologize, beautiful. I understand." His lips whispered to her in a sweet tone. There wasn't a hint of wavering fear or even a bit of lust in that voice. His motives were pure as were his actions. As much as he wanted to do things to her, Devin refrained and recalled that a proper gentleman must court a lady before he can even taste her lips.

Smiling, he liked the feeling of knowing that maybe he could find someone that would actually want to stay by his side. Maybe this idea of love and romance wasn't too far-fetched. Melting a bit at the sound of her quickened heartbeat, Devin used his other free hand to stroke the out part of her thigh.

25. Characters in this post:
    Her eyes went back down to the egg she had ordered. He had a point, it would be a real shame to let something go to waste. She picked up her fork and poked at the yellow substance for a moment before she felt his hand come to rest on her side. Instantly her heart started racing and her face turned redder. Swallowing hard she looked over at him, trying to vague what he was doing.

His eye was kind, no ill intent was even hinted at and the trembling in his hand suggested that even he was nervous about the touch. Sydney's mind was spinning though. For so long she had swore to never let someone get close, to never let a man touch her again. Yet, Devin could just walk right through all those walls and and not terrify her. She was amazed. Never could she have ever thought I was possible.

But what shocked her more was how much she liked it. It wasn't even the fact that she didn't mind it, she enjoyed the contact, enjoyed his arm around her. Maybe it was all because of what happened those years ago. Maybe saving him, well, trying, had left some kind of impression.

Sydney let him pull her closer, and after a deep breath, she let herself lean into him. His body was warm, and so strong compared to her's. She felt so comfortable, like she was made to fit right there against him. anmore intense blush came over her face as his came so close to her own. "I think you're talking to the wrong girl... But thanks." she said softly. Then in a bold move she turned her head and placed the tiniest of kisses on the tip o his nose, taking off the whipped cream she had placed there just moments ago.

When she felt his hand against her leg, she felt heat spreading out from across his fingertips and through her baggy pants. It was a simple affectionate gesture, something she had never had before. Then again merely having his arm around her was a new sensation as well. With her own shaking hand she let it slip down to softly rest atop his, her thumb gently running over the back of his hand.

Her heart was still racing, unsure of really what to do so she turned her attention back to her food. Wit her free hand she scooped up some egg onto her fork and popped it into her mouth. Smiling, her cheeks still a bit flushed she held up the next bite for him. "Are you still hungry?"

26. Characters in this post:
    Shaking his head no, Devin just watched as Sydney finished up her food. Making sure nothing was wasted, Devin scooped up the remains and put them in a napkin. Sliding them into his pocket, he rose and bowed to the waitress and chef.

"Your food was most delicious and your service was impeccable. I shall tell everyone to visit this humble cafe."

Linking arms with Sydney, Devin gave a friendly goodbye wave before helping her to the door. Holding it open, he waited for Sydney to exit. His black hair was hanging in his face as his arms supported the weight of the door. It wasn't a heavy door, but just using one arm, it did bare quiet a weight.

A small smile appeared on his face as he stood there waiting. He could only hope that today would continue to be as pleasant. Sydney didn't reject his signs of affection, which was a great sign, although he wasn't sure why. Light-hearted and in a good mood, the male had no idea what the world had in store for him.

27. Characters in this post:
    When he declined her food she shrugged and quickly ate about half the plate. In retrospect it wasn't really all that much, but she never really ate much to begin with. Afte Devin shoved the rest into his pocket and gave the workers a very polite thankyou, they left.

Her leg was still a bit stiff, her hip at a dull ache now rahter than the excrutiating pain she woke up with. She linked her arm through Devin's and hobbled to the door with his help. He even opened the door for her, what a gentlemen. She led the way outside, still holding tight to his arm. This day was jsut going so well, she couldn't help but hope it kept going so smoothly. Her decision to stay with Devin was turning out to be a great one.

She looked up at him as they walked along the side walk, her dishevled bangs falling into her her bright eyes. "So I had a bit of an Idea." She stated. "See, before I found you my bike kinda craped out on me so I ditched it. Looking back that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, but no one on this planet can get that piece of junk working besides me so it's probably still there..." she looked around as they walked, her eyes ocassionally glancing up to Devin's handsoem face and everytime a light blush crept onto her own cheeks. "Well, I have a friend that has a salvage shop. He always lets me come by and root through for parts. I'm sure I could fix it if i had the right part." She glanced down at her burnt fingertips. "That way we'd have at least someway to get around. Wer could explore more than just this city if you want to." She offered him with a smile, hoping he'd like the idea of a little adventure with her. Sydney had never left the city before. But maybe with some company it wouldn't be too bad.

She took a turn and headed them back towards the park. "Its just on the other side." She explained with a smile. By now, her limping had stopped, the pain in her leg minimal, but she still hung onto Devin's arm. She just hoped he didn't mind her hands still clinging to him.

It was a good thing she was hanging onto him though. Walking along the path in the park, the toe of her shoe caught hold of something on the ground. Her injured leg was to slow to catch her, but her grip on Devin slowed her enough that she was able to fall to her knees instead of her faces smacking against hte compacted dirt trail. "Ow." She mumbled as she glanced at her one palm and the scraps acrossed it. Sydney lowered hersel to a seat on her rear end where she looked up at DEvin towering over her. "That was embarassing." She smirked, cheeks red.

Her eyes drifted down to thte object that had caught her attention. Eyebrows arching curiously she picked the small objects up. Little electornic things with little digital displays in the center and a small antenna on the side. "What the heck are these?" She asked as she looked back up to Devin.

28. Characters in this post:

"Oh my god, are you all right!"

A Brunette male shouted from a distance. Arming flailing as if he were trying to fly, he soon appeared at her side. Caressing her head of hair, the male glared up at Devin. Scoffing to himself, he wondered why a pretty little lady like Sydney would want to pal around with a nasty looking brute like Devin.

"You should be more careful," he said in a cheeky tone. Laughing as he offered out a hand, he added, "The name's Kaemon."

At this point, Devin's hands had slid into his pockets as he watched Kaemon assist Sydney to her feet. Interrupted by her little trip, the male paid no attention to his friend. A small hint of jealousy danced in his eyes as he turned his back to the pair.

29. Characters in this post:
    Sydney jumped when we suddenly heard a concerned voice shouting at her from a little ways away. She let the little objects fall to her lap as the other handsome man rushed to her side. Her face flushed as he hunched down beside her.

She culdnt help but cringe slightly as his hand touched her head, smoothing out part of her hair. Syd knew he was only being kind, but she still didn't quite feel as calm as Devin made her. "yeah I can be a klutz some times." she laughed a bit nervously, insure of what else to do. It wasn't often she had two men coming to her aid. She did not take his hand though, nit wanting to seem rude, she just pretended to not see it as she rolled over and pushed herself up to her feet. The throbbing in her hip was a bit worse now, after the fall.

She shoved the little objects into her pocket, ignoring them for now. Brushing dirt from her pants, her knees and rear end she tried to get her face to stop flushing. Standing beside Devin she looked at the Kaemon and gave him a smile. "it's nice to meet you. I'm Sydney, most just call me Syd though." she brushed her bangs out of her face only to have them fall back as she gave him a small wave instead of offering to shake his hand. "Sorry if I worried you. I didn't mean to, I actually didn't expect anyone to be out here besides us." she looked up at devin, a bigger smile coming to her face, her body angled towards him more so than the other guy.

Sydney's brow twitched and she put her hand on her hip joit, trying to unobviously rub at the aching area.

30. Characters in this post:
    With Sydney now on her feet, Kaemon didn't hesitate to move in on the woman. Moving into her personal space, the handsome fellow flashed her a charming grin before he slicked his hair back. Those brown locks where slowly easing their way forward with each movement Kaemon took toward her. Leaning forward with his hand on his hip, he gazed into her eyes.

"A man could get lost in your eyes, princess. Don't take offense to this, but why are you hanging with this oaf? I've seen him about a few times and I know he's up to no good. A pretty little lass like yourself shouldn't associate with the criminal type. I would hate for you to get put in harms way. Here, why don't you come with me," he said placing an arm around her neck.

Tugging her in so that her body was leaning against his, Kaemon smiled down at her. His muscles rippled as he pulled Sydney nearer. Her warmth was nice and he enjoyed it. Kaemon was so wrapped up in the thought of marrying Sydney (he's a far-fetched dreamer) that he didn't notice Devin's swinging fist. When it finally landed on his cheek, the brunette stumbled backwards. Fumbling to his feet, Kaemon shot Devin a look that could kill.

"The hell, man!" Kaemon shifted his weight forward and wiped the throbbing pain from his now redden cheek.

"Back off, Kaemon. She's not interested." Already looming over Kaemon, Devin hoisted the male into the air. Staring the brunette down with his one crimson eye, Devin was completely blind to the action that caused him to recoil back in pain.

"Cheap shot, I know. But I hate being man handled. So why don't you just scurry off and let Sydney alone." Taking up a defensive stance, Kaemon inched his way in front of Sydney. If no one knew better, they would assume Kaemon was with Sydney. But boy was that backwards.

A scowl came onto Devin's face the instant Kaemon stepped in to defend Sydney. The black haired male was not about to let some city slicker steal his date away. Not that they were on a date, but Devin liked to believe that their courting was in the beginning stages. His nose wrinkled when a low growl escaped from his pursed lips.

"Leave her alone, or else."

"Pffft! Like your scare me. I'm a black belt. I can handle myself. So why don't you just run along and find your little gang."

"Tch, I've taken down your type before. You're all talk but no game. So why don't you just cut the act and get lost."

"That's it! I've had enough with you and your mighty attitude! It's time someone slapped you in the face! Got you off your cocky horse!"

"Likewise," was all Devin got in before a fist of fury came hurling his way. A simple back flip was in order and it provided him with the necessary means of dodging. Once back on his feet, Devin sunk so that he was almost doing a split. Upper cutting the male when he approached, Devin's body dropped to the ground as he spun his legs up to kick Kaemon in the gut.

Kaemon went flying into Sydney (Devin didn't foresee that so he immediately panicked). As the two collided, the two items that Sydney had in her pocket began to glow. Soon the beam of light swallowed the two whole. Eyes wide, Devin lunged into the light. Fearing for Sydney's life, he cast aside his own apprehension and held onto the woman as they started swirling and spinning about. Kaemon had even managed to latch onto Devin's leg.

There the three were, just spinning away in this blinding light. The more the spun, the duller the light became. In no time, the once bright white light became shades of greens, blues, yellows, and reds. Just then, everything went black. Silence overcame the trio and everything seemed to freeze. Little did the three know they were on the verge of entering into a new world, a world of Digimon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 80