Login to your account

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pet Peeves

Extremely depressing or negative people. Pessimists, too. Especially when they try to rain on my parade!
    I'm all for smiles, laughing, and being merry. Optimism is my middle name.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Background NPC watching-and-waiting's Avatar
    Arrogance

I can get along with ANYONE. Seriously. But the moment they get cocky, I want to throw a brick at their face. -_-

Background NPC watching-and-waiting's Avatar
    Lmao. xD I'll save a brick for you!

PET PEEVE OF THE DAY //

When there is little to no coverage in my department. ;___;
    I'm gonna die.
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Trolls or pricks. Seriously hate them. If you're only online to be an ass, then get off your ass and get a real life. You're just pathetic looking.

- hangouts -

People who rage in online games, lol.

Just because a screen separates you from the other players doesn't make it okay to be a bully. For the record, it just makes you an asshole and, honestly, nobody thinks you're a better person for it.

Specific: For a community that prides itself in being user-friendly, your player-base sure has a funny way of showing it. New players will, invariably, be bad at the game—relative to veteran players. Old players will make mistakes. And, as the natural law goes, not all players are created equal. Some will go pro, some will go home. Stop being an ass for every little mistake and/or failure and grow up. Just because someone does badly in a game, doesn't mean they're a child. Just because someone is making a few big mistakes, doesn't mean they're a failure.

Also, this kind of behavior just ruins the atmosphere for everyone involved—not just the person being yelled at. If you can't stand the state of solo-queue, then make some friends and play with them instead. Stop solo-ing and, hey, maybe you'll do better.

People who steal.

Be it tangible goods or intangible goods, stealing is just bad on all accounts. If you don't get caught being a dirty, little thief, then "good" for you. If you do... well, that must have been awkward.

And, as always, idiots/idiocy is just the worst.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

People who don't turn on their phones.
    People who don't charge their phones.
    People who don't know how to sleep for less than 14+ fucking hours.

DAMNIT. FUCKING SHIT.

TUMBLR.

Quote Originally Posted by ISOS_Duke View Post
    Being ignored while trying to be involved. Seriously, there are more polite ways to say that I'm not wanted.
    Yes! Couldn't agree with this one more. I tried to 'like' it, too. XD

I also hate when you feel like you have to walk on eggshells all the time because you're on the edge of pissing someone off and you don't even know why. I hate how long people can hold grudges. I say one thing one time and it forever adds me to your 'hate list.' Whatever happened to forgive, forget, and move on? Oh and maybe grow up.

- hangouts -

People who cut their nails at work. So freaking gross. Do it at home.

- hangouts -

When I was a kid I used to do that all the time! My brother would grab his knife and hold it toward his face and say, "If you don't knock that off I will stab myself in the eye!" Hahahahaha. >__> I'm assuming he said himself, because he couldn't stab his little sister - but I grew out of it thankfully. So he's not an eye patch wearing pirate.

Cute punk rock girls!? WHERE?!

Heh heh heh heh... if you think that's pervy... >:D

Oh man, in real life - that would be handy... but in the rp, video game or movie world... that's the last thing you want to hear at the beginning of a story. HAhaha XDD

I'm all for hearing opinions, but I used to be that chick who wouldn't hesitate a second to bash the band you're listening to. But I've grown tired of it, and just usually nod when I don't agree with a statement. I don't know if debating has just begun to bore me - but I'm much less likely to straight out tell you the reasons why said band you're listening to sucks.

And in all honesty, most of the music I listen to "sucks" in the eyes of millions - so why bother going on a rampage of "it's been done" and "the only reason they're famous is because they're pretty." rants?

CURRENT PET PEEVE//

When you open a bag of popcorn and the bag explodes steaming hot heat into your face. Jerk-popcorn.

When someone is just generally problematic. You feel like anything, absolutely anything could upset them somehow. I don't know if there is something appealing about bitching about everything, and everyone... but I can't see how it benefits you or anyone at all.

The world is hard enough to live in, these people are people too.

Seriousness and endless negativity. I much prefer being silly and tend to get overly positive around someone who is upset or complaining. Let it be on the internet or outside of it - I get so uncomfortable.

Legendary Adventurer NomDePlume's Avatar
    Whenever 'Tear Here' knotches in packages are not deep enough or not fully cut enough to completely and totally tear. And then you are forced to grab scissors. Whoever does that- I will punch you in the throat. I don't care if a machine does it- I'll punch whoever programmed the machine in the throat.

If I can't 'Tear Here' then you are a liar dear sir and I hate liars!

UGHhhhh I KNOW YOUR PAIN, NOM! I KNOW IT WELL.

Vegetables that aren't fresh.

Garlic that has somehow gone bad.

Making tacos and suddenly realizing I lack both cumin and paprika.

Running out of olive oil.

When my junk doesn't quite sit correctly in my boxers.

Shitty spaghetti with out of the can/plastic sauce that wasn't been doctored at all.

Meat that hasn't been rested.

Overcooked shrimp.

Fatty meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Strude View Post
    I love you. Come cook me dinner sugarcakes.
    I really should. There would likely be a whole lot of awesome in such an event.

When people spell my username wrong. It's right fawking there. Xavirne. Not Xavrine. Nothing insults me more than people misspelling a name I spent time making. If it's that hard to write out, just shorten it to Xavi or Xav.

- hangouts -

Well, said person was trying to insult me~ I feel like your credibility is blown out the door when you can't spell someone's name right while you're trying to diss them. I'm like, "I know you dislike me but... when you call me something else, I guess you're not talking to me." XDDDDDDD

But seriously, I'm way too easy to piss off. Hence the signing up for yoga. WHICH IS AMAZING. I feel like a ninja. XD
    (Is it bad that I associate yoga with being an assassin? xD)
    Last edited by Xavirne; 11-12-2012 at 11:35 PM.

- hangouts -

Flash storms: I hate them. And umbrellas are largely useless of the wind is mildly aggressive. But it's still better than being without one.

Stupid guys who think they're hot stuff when reality says otherwise: No, bitch, I don't want to go hang out with you and your creepy friends. Fuck off.

Idiots, aggressive sales reps, just about everything this side of angry: NO.

TUMBLR.

+ People who say one thing but do another or behave in another way that contradicts what they said/say.
    + When people don't give you back a pen you let them borrow, especially if it's a good pen.
    + Those people who wait until the last minute to do something and then beg you to help them and feel sorry for them so they can copy your homework and take all the credit for themselves. -_-

- hangouts -

It really bothers me when you're talking to someone - and it seems like they aren't listening at all. It feels a lot like nobody knows how to have a real conversation anymore. Instead it's always...

Person 1: *something that happened to me*
    Person 2: *something that happened to me*
    Person 1: *something I like*
    Person 2: *something I like*
    Person 1: *something I have to do*
    Person 2: *something I have to do*

Which totally, is means for a conversation - but usually people have stuff in between. Like questions, intrigue, shared experiences or anything like that.

I feel like I'm just constantly discussing yourself with you. Do you even know anything about me?

Ugh. I can't stand people who insist on driving 75+ when the car in front of them is obviously not planning to drive any faster than 70. And then when the car realizes that the other car won't be driving any faster than 70, they switch lanes hoping to cut ahead.

Well, bitch in the white toyota, I'm not going to go any faster than 70-75 when you're driving behind me and trying to pressure me to go faster. I just won't do it. But if I catch you trying to switch lanes and cut me off? Well, I'll make sure that you CAN'T cut me off.

Douche.

TUMBLR.

It's terrible. D:<

I was already going 70MPH and that's 5 above speed limit. Not to mention, there are always tons of highway patrols near the campus and I'm not really itching for a ticket. Ugh. I hate some people.

I felt so much better when the guy had to cut back behind me and then take the same exit I did. Ha.

TUMBLR.

The moment where internet/browser decides to play Russian Roulette with a site and insists the site is "unavailable."

No, Comcast/Chrome, Facebook is not "unavailable." It is completely accessible by every computer in the room and phone.

TUMBLR.

People who are fat, can do something about it, and choose not to. If you have a thiroid problem or something, you're obviously excused. But I don't see a good reason to refuse to be healthy.

On a related note: Lazy people.

Said no one in the history of everything.

I'm sure I've said this before, but people who don't use their blinkers. OMFG, if you are gonna turn, LET ME KNOW.

- hangouts -