Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets get down to business! [1X1/Small group](Open)

Lets get down to business! [1X1/Small group](Open)

Welcome to my search thread! First off I would like to say thank you for bothering to look at this at all. Secondly, I kindly request that you read the rest of this post and consider joining me in an RP. I would absolutely love it if you dropped me a line here or in my message box~ Third I would like to apologize for this massive, rambling post. I feel like I'm spamming if I do everything separately.

About me
    ♦My name is Fernweh. You can shorten it or call me whatever you'd like. I've been doing this for around five years now. I'm not the greatest or most verbose writer and I have to admit that I really don't like writing more than 3-5 paragraphs-but I'll try to give you as much to work with as you give me. Likely as not I'm not going to crank out a post every five minutes for you-I am a student and I have other things that I need to be doing. However I will attempt to leave something unreplied to for no longer than 2 days.If its been longer than that there's a good chance I didn't notice the reply or got distracted and forgot to finish it. Feel free to bother me about anything that's bothering you-I don't mind. Spelling is not my greatest strength-spell check is a good-but occasionally forgotten-friend.I have no gender or sexuality preferences when it comes to characters, I'll do whatever is most convenient. Generally-unless I directly state that I'm against it-I'm up for almost anything, all you have to do is ask. OOC wise, I have a tendency towards rambling and making up words-if you can't understand something I'm tying to say please tell me and I'll try to be more clear about it.

Post samples are here if you want them.

Before you apply
    ♦I'm not a very picky person when it comes to roleplay partners, but there are some things I prefer in them. I like literate rp's. Not the "Lets post books every reply" kind of literate but the "Lets write our thoughts words and actions as sentences and use proper grammar and punctuation" kind. Please be willing to talk to me OOC. I like getting to know people I'm rping with and being being able to toss off I ideas with them. Long term things and doubling/tripling/quadrupling/however-many-you're-willing-to-put-up-with-ing up on characters are something I'm particularly fond of-its not a requirement, but I like people who like it too.

Things I don't like/don't do
    ♦Fandoms
    ♦Romantic situations between minors and adults
    ♦Excessive gore.
    ♦Mary Sues/Damsels in distress

Things I like/want to do
    (Besides lists, obviously)

♦Genres and Settings
    -Fantasy
    -Science fiction
    -Steampunk
    -Romance
    -Adventure
    -Cyberpunk
    -(Post) Apocalyptic
    -Old west.
    -Dystopias
    -Mystery
    -Ancient civilizations.
    -Midevil
    -Alternate history lines.
    -Super heros
    -Fairytales (modernized, rewritten etc)
    -Anything else that sounds remotely interesting.

♦Pairings
    -

Cop/Criminal
    -Criminal/Victim
    -Dragon(shapeshifter)/Knight
    -Former star/Fan
    -Hero/Prince(ss)
    -Hero/Villain
    -Human/Non-human
    -Mermaid(man)/Pirate
    -Scientist/Experiment(/computer/ai)
    -Witch/Familiar
    -Anything else that sounds remotely interesting that a decent plot can be gotten out of.
    (Will probably add more to this)

♦Plots
    (Will add these when I think of some)
    Last edited by Fernweh; 11-06-2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Adding info
    -I'm back from that hiatus now I suppose. Between computers, replies may be slow.-

I like role plays - you should come talk to me about one
    here~

I'll have to poke my head back in here later, might be interested. : )

Feel free to! I would love to rp with you!

To defeat the Huns?

Sorry, I had to. :P Anyway, Prince(ss)/Hero sounds fun! Did you have a plot in mind? Or a preferred setting?

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Did they bring me daughters, when I asked for sons?

You're the saddest bunch I've ever met, but you can bet before we're through

Mister I'll make a man out of you?

..anyway you sound fun to RP with ^-^ Especially scifi/post-apocalypted scientist/experiment

I love you both, I didn't think anyone would get the reference.

Xavirne-I don't have any plots right now OTL. As for settings, I'm a shameless sucker for steampunk settings, but I really like medieval things and sci-fi/futuristic type Rp's as well.

Year_of_the_fox
    Both of them? That sounds like it would turn into something interesting pretty quickly.

Probably not both a scifi and a post-apocalypse. that'd be a bit hard to do the scientist/experiment thing with given the climate. But straight up scifi would be awesome

Ohhh. Sorry about that. I see what you're talking about now. And yes, Sci-fi, would be quite lovely.

Woo!

Yes~ Did you have either role in particular that you wanted?

Well, usually because of my love of scifi I usually stick with the role of 'scientist' because I like to just spout technobabble. I suppose this time however I wouldn't mind trying out the role of 'Experiment' ^-^

Whichever one you want is yours. I don't really mind either way. Its just me trying to being strange and trying to figure out minor details. On a more important not though-the plot. The most obvious thing to figure out would be exactly what kind of experiment it was/is and what/who its for. Something like gene-splicing/dna mixing for....some reason that I have yet to think of? Bioengineering for health purposes/to create super whatevers? Cyborgs/Frankenstein/test tube things to test the laws of science?

Ah! Well, if you dont mind I'd like to play Female, I'm usually stuck with the Male roles. Now as for the experiment, it could be a gene-splicing sort of genetic engineering thing, maybe to create a genetic mishmash capable of say.. existing on high-gravity worlds, or animalistic DNA to increase sensory input for colonizing foreign inhabitable planets free of sentient life but of course, heavy in jungle coverage. Something like that. Either that or it's just for kicks because that could be fun too. all the science without the noble cause

That's fine-I'm actually quite fond of playing male characters. So some person/group/mad scientist with too many tools is trying to colonize some newly discovered or previously discovered but exceedingly difficult to live on planet and decides that the easiest way to do this is to add traits to better adapt people to said planets environment?

Probably a person, though a mad scientist would be fun if he weren't TOO mad. An organization would be more likely to shut the project down if the scientist fell for the subject, unless he were an independent contractor of sorts. And basically, yes, the reason for the experiments is to create a serum enabling colonization on difficult-to-terraform worlds.

Cheesy, huh 8D?

If its a single person that wants it then it would probably be for their personal exploration/hunting/development/insertothergenerispaceplanetativity purposes and they would likely either be the experiment themselves or not care over much about it as long as it works out properly. An organization would have bigger goals and projects and would create more problems in both the lab and on the random planet. Likely as not it would take them a while to notice an unorthodox relationship-but the consequences would be worse if they did.

Cheesy sci-fi paperback plot XDD
    Last edited by Fernweh; 08-20-2011 at 04:23 AM.

But if it were a single person/mad scientist they could be developing the serum on their own accord to be an aid to the scientific community or at the very least to sell out to the largest terraformation company bidder. I'd figure they would 'acquire' an unwilling subject at the very most, or volunteering at the least, because with just one subject if things go wrong you know, that's it, but if it fails they could try again

Besides, the simple idea of two would make the plot more intimate between them, and the scientist doing it of his own accord would mean no time constraints really

I suppose a single person and a scientist working in cahoots. The one acting under the concept of "this will take a while and some money-but its worth the investment" and the other being "It might not be completely ethical , but its for science" and of course they'd both assume that they'll either be making a profit or that no one will ever find out what they're doing and thus the legality of the whole thing would never really be called into question.

It would probably make sense to start off with one experiment (bribed,willing or unwilling) and then if the serum works/doesn't work/works but not in the intended way but doesn't screw everything to high heaven the would make it more public and let people volunteer.

Sounds good!

Wonderful. Would you like to do it as a full featured roleplay or a forum one?

I'm a bit new here.I dont know the difference

Ahahaha I am too. From what I can tell, the types of roleplay you see on the front page/in the roleplay tab with separate sections for different threads and characters and stuff are full featured. The ones with only one thread located in the forum roleplaying section are forum.

You wouldn't happen to have any samples would you? If I don't request to start something with you please don't think it's because of the samples, though, I'm also waiting to see whether my onexone on Gaia Online partner disappears entirely. >_>

Oh, I get it. I dunno but probably just keep it 1x1 in the forum XD

Eden- Its been a few months since I did anything that would make a deent sample and a good bit of that is fandom related or from sites I don't use anymore. I can hunt down a few of those post if you'd like though or just type something out for you.

Year_of_the_fox- Ah. alright!

I shall wait for eet!

That's fine if it's old or not up to par with what you'd be doing now. : ) Though if you'll be doing RP's with other folks I can just keep an eye on those.

Eden- Ah-then I'll dredge a few up and stick them at the bottom of this post. I swiped them off my Solia. They're all awkward and context-less and a bit biased-but they prove that I can write a decent paragraph I suppose...

Year_of_the_fox- I'll get right on that then dear~ It should be up in the next few hours at the most~
    ((Sorry, I know this is out of the order that the post happened in but I like things to be in alphabetical order))

The day was hotter than he'd expected it to be. The clouds that had plagued the sky for the past week or so had finally lifted to reveal a sun that was nearly blinding in its intensity. By the time noon had rolled around Matthew had been forced to roll the sleeves of his jacket up, sweating in the days sudden heat. He cursed his bike silently, wishing it hadn't run out of gas and forced him to walk in such hot weather.

It was interesting how quickly a building could fall into disrepair when it wasn't being used. This was Mattie's first thought when he spotted the gas station. It was doubtful that it had been out of use more than six months or so, but it was already starting to dismantle itself; window cracking, roof slowly caving in. Its lone figure was somewhat depressing against the sunny backdrop and he couldn't help but think how out of place it and the road looked in comparison to the grass that grew unmonitored on the land around them.

His footsteps echoed as he walked, the only noise in the seemingly deserted area. It was both reassuring and bothersome, tempting him to yell and see if he got some kind of reaction. This idea was, of course, completely nonsensical and the man shoved it to the back of his mind. It continued to nag at his thoughts as he stopped to get a better look at his surroundings. If there was anything in the vicinity it didn't seem to think he was worth the trouble of bothering. This was enough to convince him to take the last few steps towards the door and push it open.

The door didn't take much effort to open. A few good pushes were all that it took to push it in. It creaked, swinging back and forth lazily on its hinges before falling off completely.
    Ohoho~ This was even better than he'd expected. The man nearly laughed aloud, delighted at the reaction he'd garnered from the little shop keep. She seemed to be somewhere between flattered and frightened. It was an interesting combination to say the least. Apparently the other member of his sex in the room thought so too. From the corner of his eye he could see that the man thought that the situation was just as hilarious as he did. At the very least, he seemed to be having just as much trouble not snickering like an imbecile as Roszetto himself was.

She stiffened and he heaved a dramatic sigh, running a thumb over one of her ever reddening cheeks instead of moving it away from her.
    “Am I embarrassing you Princess? I'm ever so sorry~” He wasn't, he really wasn't-but lying was a skill the dark elf had developed years ago and he was sure it sounded convincing enough. The dark haired elf gave her an approving nod, smirking at the statement that was, if not a complete lie, extremely masochistic. “My sentiments exactly dear, glad you agree~” Indeed, he was enjoying this little conversation immensely. “You know Princess, you never did give me your name~”

Roszetto had to resist the urge to pout like a child that had lost an interesting toy when the girl turned her attention away from him. This could always be used as an excuse to leave the conversation, but then he'd have to take more time out of his life to wait for a man that really wasn't worth any of it. Besides, he was obviously the more interesting of the two customers in the shop....Ah, and he was right! Though the comment might have had something to do with it as well. The double meaning had been unintentional, but even he had to admit that it was a nice touch. “Sorry pet, you just looked so appetizing...”

He blinked in surprise at the Avalian's sudden jump into the conversation, turning to glance at the man. Roszetto stared at him blankly for a moment, eyebrow raising in a silent question before it occurred to him what the other was doing. A smirk spread slowly across his face. This could be a fun little game...why not play along for a bit? “What was that my Avalian brother? I do believe that you are quite wrong”

Dark arms crossed over chest and the Syncaerian mustered the most offended look that he could.“The young woman is obviously enjoying herself. What pretty girl does not like to be flattered?” He questioned, throwing a glance over his shoulder at the shop keep as if expecting her to agree to this statement. Snorting, he tossed his hair over his shoulder in a haughty, dramatic manner and giving the other a condescending look. “Bah, you obviously know not how to treat a beautiful flower, for all your pretty words!” He informed the other man.“It will surely wilt without proper admiration as surely as it would without water!”

Brown eyes stared into gold intently.“Such a lovely rose would surely not admonish a gardener, no matter how enthusiastic, just because he desires to praise it.” The dark elf looked away after a moment, hands moving to his hips. “If anyone need apologize it is surely you, for trying to deny the lady the attention she so obviously deserves”
    Guinevere wasn't paying Clause any attention anymore, having turned her mind back to the office and its contents. Occasionally she'd re-appear to set something-be it a book, a stapler, a flash light or another such object-on the coffee table for further inspection before disappearing again. This continued for a bit before she finally settled on the floor across from the scientist, crossing her legs and picking up the first of the items for examination.

“What if I want to do something nonsensical though?” She questioned, a serious expression on her face. “Like turning all the furniture up side down, could I do that?” She glanced up at him, giving his statement a doubtful look. Sure you did. You forgot didn't you?” She chuckled quietly to herself.

“You didn't think this out very well did you?” The question wasn't meant as an insult, just a general observation. “You probably only have a few days you know. You might not be in that much trouble if we go back before they come here.” She huffed indignantly, crossing her arms over her chest. “I was acting like a human” At least she'd thought so anyway.....
    The vegetable garden behind the house she shares with her sister has started growing. Green shoots finally escaping the earth after what had been a particularly long and vicious winter. Normally this would be a very exciting observation; a sign that spring had arrived and the best parts of the year were about to begin. Now, of course, there were more important things to think about. The vegetables and their new leaves are almost completely insignificant at this point-though Chiara does wonder briefly if she'll be back in time to help pick them

She paused for a moment in her packing to think about the trip ahead. It wasn't something she really wanted to do-being far away from home, meeting strangers, completing a long tedious quest...but if the gods thought she could do it that was a good sign, right? Shouldn't she feel flattered that they thought so highly of her? The thought wasn't particularly reassuring, but it was better than nothing and her sibling was starting to send her questioning looks, so she went back to her task.

The pack filled with surprising speed and Chiara was tempted to say no-to refuse to go and be done with the ordeal before it got started. For some reason the words refused to come out of her mouth, try as she might to say them. After a few attempts she gave up, allowing her sister to take her arm and chatter away amiably as they walked through the city.

The other woman parted ways with her just short of the pond where she was to meet her traveling companion, leaving quickly to avoid the dramatic goodbye she had been expecting from her. There didn't appear to be anyone else in sight. What if this Darcy woman had left her? What if she hadn't bothered to show up at all? “Uhm, Hello?!”

I like. I will wait on actually seeing about starting something though, as I'm now in three onexones, one of which hasn't yet started. I'd like to see where I'm at with that first.

Put the link here .. ro however.. to where it is.. the RP XD Maybe in my inboxy v isitor board thing.