Login to your account

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [CONFESSION] Discussing Your Username

Humble Farmer With a Sword Petrichora's Avatar
    Well, I found out that petrichor is the word for the smell after it rains, and I thought that was beautiful and so I wanted to make a name out of it. Knowing that in ancient Rome, they would take a male name and add an 'a' to the end of it to make it feminine (Julius would make Julia, Alexander=Alexandria, etc). So I did. And here I am.

Oh, also, I've always liked the name Petrie (because of the red-head girl from Biodome), and Petrie is a diminutive of Petra.
    While I was waiting. . . I ate your lunch.

On a bookshelf. Perched there like a bird.
    Er...
    Well, my username was something that I thought of when my friend was over. She was talking about how some girls are lying cheats and how I wasn't so, I chose this username. ^w^

Serenenighingale is my DeviantArt and my youtube account username. I was a bit tired so I misspelled "-nightingale" to "-nighingale"
    And the Nightingale's Song is the name of the book I'm currently writing and Serene was just a random word I thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrichora View Post
    Well, I found out that petrichor is the word for the smell after it rains, and I thought that was beautiful and so I wanted to make a name out of it. Knowing that in ancient Rome, they would take a male name and add an 'a' to the end of it to make it feminine (Julius would make Julia, Alexander=Alexandria, etc). So I did. And here I am.
    I just learned something new. I had no idea there was a word for the small after it rains. That's really neat!

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

One fateful day in Barton Town I saw some guys doing a "power ranger" role play but all the characters had pastry names; such as Red Strudel, and Blue Muffin. I saw the word STRUDEL and wanted to somehow use those letters to make a name. I came up with Strude-n-Rem. Shortly after changing my username on Gaia to Strude-n-Rem my account was permanently banned. So I had to make a new name, but I couldn't use Strude-n-Rem, so I decided to go by Strude instead and I have kept it ever since. I later learned Strude means "A stock of breeding mares" but I had no idea till a good year or so later, not that I mind really because I like horse furries > w < so it's all good.

My other username, well gamer name, is DADDY (must be all caps) and this came about because I wanted to make some fellas I game with uncomfortable. But I loved having men call me DADDY that I kept it and am totally in love with it. > w <

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    I'm curious to know what this other username was and if it's really that hard. But I completely agree with the short and simple piece. I thought about using Xavi but then I realized Xavirne looked cooler. ^3^
    The thing is is that it really isn't that difficult a username, just easily confused. I only use it on that one site, and the username is "Grayvs" and many people mistake it for "Gravys" for some reason and I get all irritated about it, because it's supposed to be pronounced like "Graves" and I thought I was being really clever about it. A lot of people misspell it on purpose now because I made such a big deal about it. xD

And Xavirne is cool, because we can call you Xavi for short anyhow! :3
    "The bittersweet tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone."
    Harriet Beecher Stowe

Quote Originally Posted by Strude View Post
    One fateful day in Barton Town I saw some guys doing a "power ranger" role play but all the characters had pastry names; such as Red Strudel, and Blue Muffin. I saw the word STRUDEL and wanted to somehow use those letters to make a name. I came up with Strude-n-Rem. Shortly after changing my username on Gaia to Strude-n-Rem my account was permanently banned. So I had to make a new name, but I couldn't use Strude-n-Rem, so I decided to go by Strude instead and I have kept it ever since. I later learned Strude means "A stock of breeding mares" but I had no idea till a good year or so later, not that I mind really because I like horse furries > w < so it's all good.

My other username, well gamer name, is DADDY (must be all caps) and this came about because I wanted to make some fellas I game with uncomfortable. But I loved having men call me DADDY that I kept it and am totally in love with it. > w <
    O_o Well that's odd that they banned you. But Strude is a cool sounding name. I had no idea where it came from, but after you said strudel I started laughing and immediately wanted to go buy some toaster strudels. >.> Well, just the cinnamon ones. XD

Awww, don't go making the men fell uncomfortable. Wait, I lied. DO IT! >] I think it would be pretty awesome to be called DADDY by a bunch of guys. It's like a sign of respect. X3

Quote Originally Posted by Zomby View Post
    The thing is is that it really isn't that difficult a username, just easily confused. I only use it on that one site, and the username is "Grayvs" and many people mistake it for "Gravys" for some reason and I get all irritated about it, because it's supposed to be pronounced like "Graves" and I thought I was being really clever about it. A lot of people misspell it on purpose now because I made such a big deal about it. xD

And Xavirne is cool, because we can call you Xavi for short anyhow! :3
    THAT IS AN AWESOME NAME! Grayvs. When I first read it I saw Gray Vs. XD Then I tried to sound it out and I was like "OMG, GENIUS!" It's a shame people ruined that username. I love those cleaver ones. :3

I also get Xav when people to be lazy. XD

- hangouts -

Well, I dunno to be honest. I used to like foxes a lot, so I mixed 'fox' with the Chinese zodiac and Year_of_the_Fox was born

Quote Originally Posted by year_of_the_fox View Post
    Well, I dunno to be honest. I used to like foxes a lot, so I mixed 'fox' with the Chinese zodiac and Year_of_the_Fox was born
    Foxes win! lol its a good user name. It caught my attention the first time and still does.
    Updates Mondays

Humble Farmer With a Sword balam acab's Avatar

• My username is the name of a band by the same name (AWOLNATION) that's
      sort of a rock/soul mixture. They debuted with a song called "Sail" and I fell in
      loooooooove with it, the color of their album paired with the power in their song
      made me choose awolnation as a username, I guess it's sort of a way of paying
      homage to a great, totally underrated band.

Mine was due to a character of mine. I wanted something happy like and something colorful.

Humble Farmer With a Sword MarineViolet's Avatar
    Land of Rocks and Dust (the midwest United States)
    A friend and I spent about 6 months discussing how to take over the world, and we split our government up into three sections, called Marine for the section that dealt with seas stuff, Violet for the guys who dealt with stuff on land, and Scarlet for the guys who dealt with things in the air. I took Marine and Violet and stuck them together. Also, I like those colors.
    *is a filthy homestuck*
    Find me here!

I've always liked the idea of Greed diversifying his resources, so when I play him, he doesn't often concern himself with material goods. I've been told it's one of my better roles, and I was bragging about him when a91nicole recruited me (it took hours for that ink to dry by the way), so he came to mind.
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

Well, my name is Elisabeth, but I prefer Beth and my last name starts with an S so.. fairly simple ^^

Jing is the pinyin for part of my Chinese name.

Rawr because I like dinosaurs.

Simple enough.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

For some reason - I know a lot of people who use Metallica references for their gamertags or usernames. xD
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

I know this is old, but it's still fun. For a while I had someone on here guessing that it was something dirty and sexual, but it's actually my Old English cognate version of Christian. Also, it sounds like creme-Ed-E-an like comedian, so I get to be a milkman! Huzzah!
    "Ew. Did you check to see what date this raw milk expires?"
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."
    "It's the cream. The fat floats to the top."
    "Oh, I just thought it was Bridgid's backwash the first couple of times."
    "Wait, why didn't you say 'ew' when you thought that?"

My name comes from this speech by Beth's Horse from Bravest Warriors:

http://youtu.be/xc8e0ASIZyQ?t=4m52s

-_- My username is so lame compared to all these sweet explanations. WHY WAS I NOT MORE CREATIVE. The worst part is, right now, if I were to make a new username it would probably be... MrStark. STILL NOT CREATIVE. #failsatlife #foreverunoriginal

- hangouts -

Joon, you're jingRAWR? So much more makes so much more sense now.
    Who am I? Oh, don't worry. I'm just the Entity of Greed. No, no, I don't want anything from you. I just want to help, in any and every way I can. No strings attached. Of course, you will owe me a favor. A big one, by the looks of this mess, but hey! What are friends for?

@ AVARICE : Ah, yes! It was the name I originally joined the board with, lol. <33

But I still go by 'Jing.' (:

TUMBLR.

Somewhere in my mind. . . I'll let you know when I finish mapping this shit out.
    I think mine is the most uncreative. The reason I have vickiazn is because my nickname is Vicki and I'm Asian. Hence, vickiazn.
    Hey, we weren't fated to meet by chance
    I probably happened to be
    the last place you took refuge in

~Last Cross by Masami Mitsuoka (5th OP of KHR)

Vastani, for those of you who didn't see it in my welcome thread is the name of my Blood Elf hunter in World of Warcraft. I had originally named her that for the sake of RP but she is no longer on an RP server. With my raid group, I just got used to being called Vastani (though I still reply to Duke) so it was just easier that coming up with another variation of ISOS Duke. LAZINESS.

Hmmm well I picked GoddessLuna because I love the moon and I always thought Luna to be a graceful name and I think of a Goddess as Graceful so there :3!

Ah, I should have done that in my response, but... this is a new name...? Ha...

My current (and most likely permanent) handle comes from only one thing... er, person: lee joon.

Spoiler Spoiler

Ungh, he's so perf. = u =)b
    Even if he's an idiot. Still perfect. <3

TUMBLR.

Quote Originally Posted by vickiazn View Post
    I think mine is the most uncreative. The reason I have vickiazn is because my nickname is Vicki and I'm Asian. Hence, vickiazn.
    WHAT?! No, that is totally creative. I never would have guessed that whatsoever. I approve and it makes sense too!

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vastani View Post
    it was just easier that coming up with another variation of ISOS Duke. LAZINESS.
    ISOS9000. That's what I would have suggested. Or ISOS 3853 (spells Duke). Or ISOS 2.0. XDDDD Okay, I'm done. I think >.>

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GoddessLuna View Post
    Hmmm well I picked GoddessLuna because I love the moon and I always thought Luna to be a graceful name and I think of a Goddess as Graceful so there :3!
    :O I like that one too! Great combination.

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by joonsexual View Post

Ah, I should have done that in my response, but... this is a new name...? Ha...

My current (and most likely permanent) handle comes from only one thing... er, person: lee joon.

Spoiler Spoiler

Ungh, he's so perf. = u =)b
    Even if he's an idiot. Still perfect. <3

I had a feeling your name had everything to do with that. :P

- hangouts -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    WHAT?! No, that is totally creative. I never would have guessed that whatsoever. I approve and it makes sense too!

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

ISOS9000. That's what I would have suggested. Or ISOS 3853 (spells Duke). Or ISOS 2.0. XDDDD Okay, I'm done. I think >.>

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

:O I like that one too! Great combination.

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

I had a feeling your name had everything to do with that. :P
    Haha I like my name to thank you <3!

My username is based on a few facts about myself.

Alex is the short form of my first name.

Silver is due to the fact that I love the metallic gray color, the fact that I have a ton of silver medals (from various sports such as track and field) and I never finish first (hello ladies lol)

X is the greek number 10 and there have been 9 important people with my name so far, I'm basically preparing to be 10th in line.

I've had the username AlexSilverX forever, I've been using it pretty much everywhere.
    I freak out about 15 minutes into reading anything about the earth's core
    when I realize it's right under me.

I should really stop stalking people... ANYWAY!

It's the first time I use my current username. The ~ symbols are my favorite on my keyboard. They're so wiggly and cute and lalalala~

For the "Jung", I really like South Korea and, technically, my name in korean would be Choi SungRin. So I took The "Sung" part and changed the letter "s" for the first letter of my favorite drink... "j"uice XD

Finally, the "Ruby". Back in the days, I used to be a YouTuber under the name of Ruby Gakuri. I just like Ruby XS

Usually, my username would be AnnyAegy17. Anny short for "annyeonghaseo" which is "hello" in korean. And Aegy short for "aegyo" which is the fact of being cute in korean? It's actually a hard concept to explain >3< In the end, 17 being my day of birth, my lucky number and I just like mixing people up saying seven and seventeen >o<

Yay for long posts!
    To write a good story, one needs to live it.