Login to your account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [CONFESSION] Discussing Your Username

[CONFESSION] Discussing Your Username

Discussing Your Username

Being a curious creature, I was hoping we could get a discussion going about our usernames. How they were created, what other people first thought when they say then, what you get when you google them, etc. I know there are some cool stories behind certain usernames and I would love to hear the story. There are also those of us with lame stories such as mine. I mixed some letters together. Woooo. Not really all that exciting. Okay, so there is a little more to it than that. I picked my favorite letters of the alphabet AND I made sure the start matched my other username. Changed out the W for a X so I could keep similar looking username nicknames - Xavi/Wavi or Xav/Wav.

>.< ; Lame, I know. XD
    Last edited by Xavirne; 11-18-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Well, my silly username what with it's underscores and numbers that ass up to other numbers and all that stuff, is more or less a homage to one of my favorite Anime's, 11-eyes, where the main characters get transported to another dimension where the sky is red and the moon is black. The numbers are just there because they're my numbers. 448. 4+4=8 heheh...
    Flailing Icons: Sexy

My username is actually a homage to my late mother. Her middle name was Kazumi and then my last name starts with a 'G'. Then... ta-da! Gkazumi! ^.^
    "Okarin~! Tuturuu~!"

I wanted to pick something that would pertain to my "many faces." I almost came in using the name of one of my OC's but then realized that would annoy me over time so I chose a fancy word to describe that I can embody many personalities~
    And I hope you have not a single still moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Night448 View Post
    Well, my silly username what with it's underscores and numbers that ass up to other numbers and all that stuff, is more or less a homage to one of my favorite Anime's, 11-eyes, where the main characters get transported to another dimension where the sky is red and the moon is black. The numbers are just there because they're my numbers. 448. 4+4=8 heheh...
    Yay! Anime. I really like the end math lesson. I had no idea 4 + 4 = 8. It totally blew my mind. :P

Quote Originally Posted by gkazumi View Post
    My username is actually a homage to my late mother. Her middle name was Kazumi and then my last name starts with a 'G'. Then... ta-da! Gkazumi! ^.^
    Awww, that's adorable! I wish I had done something like that. And Kazumi is a beautiful middle name.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schizophrenic View Post
    I wanted to pick something that would pertain to my "many faces." I almost came in using the name of one of my OC's but then realized that would annoy me over time so I chose a fancy word to describe that I can embody many personalities~
    And this whole time I thought you were a normal person. :P Kidding, kidding. I think we're all a bit schizo when we roleplay.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

I'm afraid mine's not going to be all that interesting, but I'll say it anyway. Initially it was supposed to be Luminé - a name influenced by my french heritage, however... I didn't want to have to go through the effort to change my keyboard to french everytime I go to log in... Anyway, it was a name I had used many years ago for a roleplay on proboards. Probably one of my favourite RPs, seeing as I'll never really be able to forget it. It was the name... of a pet crow xD... which is something of an oxymoron seeing as the word derives from 'illuminate'. After ahwile I started on a run of using Lumine as a name for Dragon Age characters and such, which is about the time I joined WTFRPG. So yeah, nothing special. Just had to do with timing really.
    “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”
    — Søren Kierkegaard

mine isn't that interesting... I normally used Night_Neko_16, with or without the underscores depending on the site, and I grew bored with it and at the time I was bored with a lot of stuff. So since I'm a neko girl a lot.. I went with BoredNeko19... the 19 is the age I was gonna be when I came up with it so I stuck it on there. As for the Night_Neko_16... well that is just be mixing things that I like... and I was 14 or 13 when I made it so the 16 comes from me just wanting to be that age.
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

Mines from way back when we first got internet when i was 8. Mom said I should make one cause I needed it to login (We were using the lovely paid service AOL, this was 11 years ago). And I wanted to use some 8 year old "cool" thing like unicorns or cats or rainbows, but mom said to use something easy that I'd remember and would like years in the future. Not liking my first name at the time, I decided to use my middle name (Nicole) and then add a "A" in front of that for Allison, my first name. But it needed more, cause ANicole is lame. So I added a 91 for the year I was born. And thus we have a91nicole. And its always been an easy username so I never changed it. I went through my KrazyKitty92591 and KommandoKitty92591 phases, but but I didn't like the former and the latter was too long, so, 11 years later, I'm still a91nicole.

And if you google it you get my facebook, my ancient myspace, and a random sampling of my roleplays.

My username is something I just made up. Quite lame.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

My username is homage to my All Points Bulletin account under the name Matthew Cole which is a valid RP name I used on a Grand theft Auto: San Andreas roleplay server I played on. It was the account which got me on the map as an RPer to watch out for as my later characters ran an illegal business acting legal in the daylight. Plus I sued the crap out of the police force so they knew not to mess with me. And if they did then they surely faced a lawsuit...and thus the first one I won against the department. And it made feel proud.

It also caused me to switch from a light RPer to a heavy RPer due to the games ruleset and I adjust easily to it.

That's a cool story APB. Quite exciting. Officially makes you a BAMF
    Last edited by a91nicole; 08-18-2011 at 01:18 AM.

That is so not true. D:

Not really that interesting of a story for my name. I just happen to be absolutely obsessed with tigers and cats (aka kitties), even since I was a little kid. Anyways, put two things I love together, and then taking the 'y' and the 'i' in kitty and reversing them so it wasn't something 'common'. Although Tigerkytti is the second username I ever used, Siberianna was the first (inspired by Siberian tigers... very lame XD), but I stopped using it before I was 14 really. So far as I know though, if you google Tigerkytti, you should only find my stuff. Last I checked anyways lol And now I still use it, though I also use Kytti for a nickname.
    Even my very first RP character I ever made, I named Tigerkytti.
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Well my legit name is Mana -nickname- but when the bros and I are laying down the mad skills in the mmo's they call on their Ace in the Hole, Mana! lol So there never out of mana! Cheezy oh yeah! But thats the reason behind my handle now
    Updates Mondays

Quote Originally Posted by Lumine View Post
    I'm afraid mine's not going to be all that interesting, but I'll say it anyway. Initially it was supposed to be Luminé - a name influenced by my french heritage, however... I didn't want to have to go through the effort to change my keyboard to french everytime I go to log in... Anyway, it was a name I had used many years ago for a roleplay on proboards. Probably one of my favourite RPs, seeing as I'll never really be able to forget it. It was the name... of a pet crow xD... which is something of an oxymoron seeing as the word derives from 'illuminate'. After ahwile I started on a run of using Lumine as a name for Dragon Age characters and such, which is about the time I joined WTFRPG. So yeah, nothing special. Just had to do with timing really.
    O.O A pet... cow. XD That's really interesting. :P But I really like your handle. It's got a nice look and feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoredNeko19 View Post
    mine isn't that interesting... I normally used Night_Neko_16, with or without the underscores depending on the site, and I grew bored with it and at the time I was bored with a lot of stuff. So since I'm a neko girl a lot.. I went with BoredNeko19... the 19 is the age I was gonna be when I came up with it so I stuck it on there. As for the Night_Neko_16... well that is just be mixing things that I like... and I was 14 or 13 when I made it so the 16 comes from me just wanting to be that age.
    So my past username was Dark Faerie Aleu. Yes, I stole the Dark Faerie part from Neopets. Aleu's my nickname. I rarely use that one anymore... I might have forgotten the... password. XD

Quote Originally Posted by a91nicole View Post
    Mines from way back when we first got internet when i was 8. Mom said I should make one cause I needed it to login (We were using the lovely paid service AOL, this was 11 years ago). And I wanted to use some 8 year old "cool" thing like unicorns or cats or rainbows, but mom said to use something easy that I'd remember and would like years in the future. Not liking my first name at the time, I decided to use my middle name (Nicole) and then add a "A" in front of that for Allison, my first name. But it needed more, cause ANicole is lame. So I added a 91 for the year I was born. And thus we have a91nicole. And its always been an easy username so I never changed it. I went through my KrazyKitty92591 and KommandoKitty92591 phases, but but I didn't like the former and the latter was too long, so, 11 years later, I'm still a91nicole.

And if you google it you get my facebook, my ancient myspace, and a random sampling of my roleplays.
    I may have stalked you. :P And you're really pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    My username is something I just made up. Quite lame.
    Lame? Psh, please! One of the guys I work with is a Brooks. He's the coolest guy ever. He's a wannabe cowboy. Whenever I see your name, I automatically associate it with him. Brook V. The roughest toughest cowboy out there. >_< Dun laugh, it just sounds fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by APBCole View Post
    My username is homage to my All Points Bulletin account under the name Matthew Cole which is a valid RP name I used on a Grand theft Auto: San Andreas roleplay server I played on. It was the account which got me on the map as an RPer to watch out for as my later characters ran an illegal business acting legal in the daylight. Plus I sued the crap out of the police force so they knew not to mess with me. And if they did then they surely faced a lawsuit...and thus the first one I won against the department. And it made feel proud.

It also caused me to switch from a light RPer to a heavy RPer due to the games ruleset and I adjust easily to it.
    O_O Grand Theft Auto. >.> Now I wanna play that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerkytti View Post
    Not really that interesting of a story for my name. I just happen to be absolutely obsessed with tigers and cats (aka kitties), even since I was a little kid. Anyways, put two things I love together, and then taking the 'y' and the 'i' in kitty and reversing them so it wasn't something 'common'. Although Tigerkytti is the second username I ever used, Siberianna was the first (inspired by Siberian tigers... very lame XD), but I stopped using it before I was 14 really. So far as I know though, if you google Tigerkytti, you should only find my stuff. Last I checked anyways lol And now I still use it, though I also use Kytti for a nickname.
    Even my very first RP character I ever made, I named Tigerkytti.
    Wow, I don't think I ever noticed it said "kitty" at the end. I just thought it was some random letters. ^^; But that's a nice twist to a popular word.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofMana View Post
    Well my legit name is Mana -nickname- but when the bros and I are laying down the mad skills in the mmo's they call on their Ace in the Hole, Mana! lol So there never out of mana! Cheezy oh yeah! But thats the reason behind my handle now
    There's nothing wrong with cheesy! I think that's one of the best traits out there.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 12-13-2011 at 12:33 AM.

- hangouts -

I chose to go with "Maneki Neko" here for many reasons. One of which is because I collect the little cat figurines (one of these days remind me and I'll post a photo of my current collection, which would only include the figurines or phone charms, most likely) and another because I figured the site could use a "welcoming cat" or "lucky cat". They're meant to attract customers (users) and good luck (always useful), so it seemed like a good idea. xD I've also used "Maneki Neko" on Menewsha for various threads I've made, so I thought some users might recognize me that way.

I'm considering changing it to "Sharkcat" just for how it's grown into a nickname and might make me more easily identifiable here seeing as there are several "nekos" here. xD Opinions on that welcome.

As far as other usernames elsewhere online...

On Menewsha and Gaia I was "CK" because it was a combination of "Chella" (my IRL nickname) and "Klawzie" (the handle I generally go by online). Boring backstory for that handle. xD

Like I just said, I'm generally known as "Klawzie" online. Klawz was the name of my SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron fan-character. A friend called me "Klawzie" instead of the standard "Klawz-mun" to identify me as the player rather than me as the character, so it just stuck. If you google for Klawzie, I'm usually the one who comes up in the results. xD;

On ball-jointed doll forums (well, mainly just the main one, DoA) I'm known as "The Duchess" which is the name of a different SWAT Kats fan character for a different SWAT Kats game. xD

Those are my major handles online. :B I have a few minor ones for sites I don't really visit much or where I don't want to be known as me. xD
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Awww! That's so chipper. Welcoming Cat. :3 I love it! It's really the purrrfect name! You're super friendly and your little kitty avi is just adorable. Too adorable. It almost makes me what to cry tears of squee. >.> Dun ask, I have this obsession with cute things.

I googled Klawzie and if that's your dA, oh my god that is such a cute owl. :3 It's all poofy and cute. :3

- hangouts -

Haha. xD Yes! That is my owl on Deviantart. xD I'll actually start using my DA account again fairly soon. Supposedly the sketches I've done while here and given to people will be scanned. And then there's the stuff that's currently still in my sketchbook... Anyway, yes. xD There are certain animals I draw well and cats and owls are two of them. xD

I also like cute things, so I totally understand. xD

Andalsothankyou. xD
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

Lame? Psh, please! One of the guys I work with is a Brooks. He's the coolest guy ever. He's a wannabe cowboy. Whenever I see your name, I automatically associate it with him. Brook V. The roughest toughest cowboy out there. >_< Dun laugh, it just sounds fitting.
    Well, that's interesting. I'm a bit of a cowboy fan to. Not really a wannabe but I like that kind of genre.
    Zone District

Well, that's interesting. I'm a bit of a cowboy fan to. Not really a wannabe but I like that kind of genre.
    Brook just has the westerny sound to it. But anyway, there is nothing wrong with being a cowboy fan. >< I ended up seeing Cowboys vs Aliens the day it came out. I'm a bit of a sucker for westerns. Ha ha

- hangouts -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    Brook just has the westerny sound to it. But anyway, there is nothing wrong with being a cowboy fan. >< I ended up seeing Cowboys vs Aliens the day it came out. I'm a bit of a sucker for westerns. Ha ha
    I bought to Western books recently I'll have to read.
    Zone District

I bought to Western books recently I'll have to read.
    :O Let me know how they are. I doubt I'd buy them, but I might look into finding them at a library or something. XD

- hangouts -

O.O A pet... cow. XD That's really interesting. :P But I really like your handle. It's got a nice look and feel to it.
    lol Crow.. xD And thank you
    — Søren Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Lumine View Post
    lol Crow.. xD And thank you
    BUT BUT BUT! Cow was way cooler. XP

- hangouts -

lol But but BUT.... the Cow is a Lieeee. xDDD -slaps self for fail portal reference-
    — Søren Kierkegaard

okay...my story is quite lame. so. i read fruits basket and loved the little girl kisa(tiger). so i named my naruto OC that,kisa(woop. its getting lamer). and i was making a gmail account one day and needed more so i added 974 as randomness. seriously. i randomly picked numbers. so for a while i started using that as my username for everything. then i stopped for about 2 RP sites but then i came here and couldn't think of anything...so i thought, what the hell. and thus, i am kisa974. yay for boring storyyyy. XD
    I'm such a ditz.

I may have stalked you. :P And you're really pretty.
    Awww thank you. That's so sweet. And yeah, I'm easy to stalk cause I NEVER change my username ha ha

Its my phone signature
    Don't Care.

It's a nickname on another site. People kept misspelling my username over there, so a lot of people just started calling me "Zomby". So I decided I might as well go by Zomby over here. Short and simple. <3
    "The bittersweet tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone."
    Harriet Beecher Stowe

Quote Originally Posted by ~Breathless~ View Post
    Its my phone signature
    That is brilliant. I wish I had a phone siggy, but I'm too lazy to make one. XD

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zomby View Post
    It's a nickname on another site. People kept misspelling my username over there, so a lot of people just started calling me "Zomby". So I decided I might as well go by Zomby over here. Short and simple. <3
    I'm curious to know what this other username was and if it's really that hard. But I completely agree with the short and simple piece. I thought about using Xavi but then I realized Xavirne looked cooler. ^3^

- hangouts -