Login to your account

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: eye protection NOT required in this area

Overview

Introduction

It's been about 247 years since the bombs were dropped. The planet that we once knew and loved was... destroyed. A crumbling civilization fought to survive, but it soon became evident that survival was no longer possible for those that weren't living in the underground world known as Pandora. Those who were able to escape the blasts are probably the only ones alive. There are rumors that people on the topside, those that weren't locked away in a vault, have started to undergo a gruesome change. Can you say... radiation poisoning? It has, without a doubt, altered the DNA structure within the human core. People are no longer people. Anyone who didn't seek refuge within an atomic structure or vault is fucked. They are no longer human. They want you. They want your flesh. Your blood. Your brains.

Leaving? Tch, are you stupid? Death is the only thing that awaits you. Your only choice is to stay where you are.

Venturing outside, are we? You're fucked. No, worse than fucked. You're dead. No one can live out there. No one. Or at least, that's what the authorities are trying to brainwash you into believing....

Rules

I don't give a fuck if you...
    Die.
    Bleed.
    Get your leg cut off.
    Flail around without a head for a bit.
    Get blown into a million pieces.
    Or get eaten by a motherfucking ghoul.

Get the point?
    This game isn't going to be pretty. Swearing is a must. Gore is a must. Bleeding has to happen. You cannot win every battle. In fact, if you lose more than you win, that's a good thing. You cannot god-mod your way through things. There is no reset button and there sure as hell isn't a "TGM" (God Mod) code. If you get your arm ripped off, you get your fucking arm ripped off. Cry about it. See if I care. I might just blow a hole in your goddamn mind.

Let me state something, okay?
    In character brutality is fine. Out of character stuff? Not okay. In the game, you're trying to survive. Out of the game, we're all pals, okay? If you can't play nice with us, I will kick your ass out of this roleplay. Got it?

There are some other things you need to know, punk.
    You have to follow the S.P.E.C.I.A.L., SKILLS, and PERKS systems setup in Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 3.
    You are limited to 40 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. points were are to be divided between those seven options.
    You can only pick 10 SKILLS that will be unique to your character. Pick wisely.
    You can only have 15 PERKS for your character. Do some research, okay?

Check back here FREQUENTLY....
    These rules will probably be updated. So keep up or prepare to get booted.

Background

The shit you need to know....
    To be honest, you don't need to know anything about the series to play. In fact, it might make things... fun. However, if you want to brush up on your skills and such, I recommend that you Google Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas. Just remember, this story is set in Texas, USA. More specifically, it'll be around the Dallas area. I, for one, am not from the area, so I plan on getting myself nice and lost. But, don't you worry, there will be NPC Guides that will assist you (if you're lucky).

But seriously, this is a survival game. Just know how to wield a gun and you'll do fine. Well, if you're lucky that is....

The other bullshit that needs discussing....
    It is safe to say that you will need to reference the links in "The Rules" section when you're creating a character. You will also need to check the weapons and armorsection out, too. Ammunition is going to be up to you. Don't have a MILLION shotgun shells, but don't always have one round left. It's up to you to determine how much you have. With regards to items, those will be given to you when stumbled upon. Let's say you open a DESK. If I, the GM, decide you're going to find some delicious Nuka-Cola, I will make a little notice telling you so.

As you are probably guessing, you will be heavily reliant on me. So you can't get TOO far in your posts. That doesn't mean one-liners are acceptable. It just means that you can't do a ton of actions in one post. For example, you can't enter a building, rummage through stuff, and then leave. If you do that, you'll find nothing. You can, however, open a door and go into the main room. You can notice a terminal and approach it and attempt to hack in. While you're hacking away, you notice a desk. You wonder if luck is on your side. You'll have to check that out after you see if you can get this terminal to spill some dirt on the missing doc.

Characters

Let's make them interesting, okay people...?
    I don't want to see some boring characters. We don't all have to be human, either. Some ghouls would be interesting. But, seriously, you cannot have a perfect life UNLESS you were born in Pandora (the Vault Underworld).

Last edited by Xavirne; 10-07-2014 at 11:05 PM.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Overview

Introduction

No, this is not a roleplay about the anime/manga series Attack on Titan. Yes, I love it (Jean and Levi would be my favorite characters, if you're wondering). No, I'm not ripping the series off 100%. I'm going to do my own thing. Titans just so happen to be involved. And, well, you're attacking them. Instead of calling it Titan Attack (oh doesn't that sound lame), I decided Attack on Titan was was cooler. Although, the more I think about it, the more I'm likely to change it. But to what... we'll see. I'll surprise you all. Maybe. Probably not.

ANYWAY, I'm currently doing a Titan-theme roleplay on another site. This titan story has users with guardians who do all the fighting. Guardians are great and all but, let's be real, it would be more badass if... fuck, I didn't set this as an adult story. And updated. ... as I was saying, it would be more badass if our characters had powers instead of guardians. Giant beasts fighting giant beasts is... well, boring. How about we have some mortal humans fighting some semi-immortal titans. Things are likely to be more challenging and I love the sound of that.

If you're still reading, pat yourself on the back. You've made it through the cluttered word-vomit of Xavi. I'll do my best to reel it in and take things more seriously, but I'm not sure I can. I'm in a very smug mood today and everything is funny. But that's beside the point. Back on topic, this roleplay is going to revolve around these "titan fighters." Now I don't want just anyone being a titan fighter. I want unique characters. I don't want five cocky kids and three loners. No, I want a mixed bag. I want your happy-go-lucky person, your bad boy, your spoiled brat, etc. I really just don't want everyone to be the same. Is that so hard to ask?

Let's talk location, shall we? This is where things get, well... interesting. Our characters aren't stuck in one time. No, they need to time-travel back and forth to certain eras to vanquish the titans. There are twelve "God Titans" (that's what we'll call them). Each of these God Titans have their own army of weaker titans (still strong so don't write them off just yet). The God Titans appear to be looking for something or someone and have appeared in four different eras -- the feudal ages, the great war, the present, and the future. Our heroes need to travel to each of these times to slay the God Titans, thus allowing them to advance to the next era. By the way, this isn't set on earth. It's some foreign planet with Earth-like resemblances.

Long story short, our characters need to save the day. To do that, they need to use their magical powers and fight God Titans of various locations and eras. While doing this, they need to discover how and why the titans are there. Once this secret is discovered, they can really work on preventing the end of humanity.

So, have we any takers? If so, continue reading to find out more details and how to go about creating a character.

Rules

We are fighting titans. In order to survive, we're going to need to work together and get through this, okay? At first, we won't be that awesome. But at time progresses, we'll soon be an unstoppable force. Don't get me wrong, you can die. And there will be death, but you'll have to grow up fast and learn how to become a true warrior, a savior, if you want to restore humanity and save the world.

Gore. Horror. Details. All of that is fine.

Drama. Trolling. God-modding. Those aren't cool.

Background

Let's kick the setting part out of the way first, okay?
    Our story takes place on a world much like Earth called Zesig. There are seven continents and each continent is made up of many nations, cities, and kingdoms. The climate around this globe is much like Earth, too. We've the snowy northern and southern poles, a nice warm and balmy mid-section around the equator, and your mixed bag of environments everywhere in-between. The closer you get to the poles, the colder it is. And should you move toward the equator, it does get warmer. Seeing as the planet rotates and pivots, our humble planet does have the four seasons - winter, spring, summer, and fall. The duration and timing of these seasons is dependent on the planet's tilt and proximity to the sun.

Like I said, it's very Earth like. When you go to make your character, you can make up cities, nations, and kingdoms. You can explain what city it's like. For example, if you're trying to be from New York City, you could say you're from the NNC - New Nulare City - famous for being an overpopulated tourist spot that has large sky scrapers. We don't have to be super original with this stuff. For all I care, you could use the same nations (like Japan or America) to describe things.

So what makes Zesig different than Earth besides the fact that it's another planet? Well, Zesig used to be a magical place. People used to wield magical powers and command the four main elements. In time, those gifted people started to be replaced with non-benders and magically gifted folk. As the population grew, the gifted individuals started to decline. Within about 500 years, Zesig was rid of all magical powers and benders. Although people miss these powers, they agree that they aren't needed and were actually the cause of much chaos, death, and war. With everyone being normal, there's no fear, oppression, or greed.

It was about 100 years of peace before the scale tipped toward the side of chaos again. And by chaos, I mean the titans. Genderless human-like creatures started to pop up on the planet. These monsters would eat anything humanoid in appearance whether it be robots, humanoids, or humans. After about 25 years of struggling, the titans vanished and peace returned.

Sadly, that peace wasn't kept for long. Three years later, the titans returned and this time, they don't act like they'll be leaving anytime soon. To make matters worse, the timeline is starting to fray and what was once history is now no longer written in the books. People are forgetting about the great wars of the past and they have even forgotten about the magical benders. As time continues to pass, more and more people forget things that were once very important to life and civilization. Soon, the world will be drove into darkness and the Dark Ages (much like the Medieval period) will plague the land. Fear, death, and corruption shall consume the land.

There is hope, though. A handful of select individuals have gone back to their roots -- their routes of elemental powers and magic. If these heroes can team up and conquer the titans of the present, they might be able to unlock the past and future. Should they succeed in both of these, they can fix history, purge the world of titans, and restore peace for 100 more years.

Piece of cake, right?

Our story takes place in one of four eras.
    The four eras are the feudal ages, the great war, the present, and the future.

The present is set in modern day Zesig. This is 28 years after the titans first arrived on the planet. Those characters over the age of 25 might remember the titans when they first appeared. The titans have been destroying the planet for about 1 year now and the people of Zesig are beginning to lost hope. They can't seem to push these titans back. Present day Zesig has trains, guns, and basic electricity. I would say think simplistic steam-punk to get you an idea. There aren't cell phones, but there are telephone wires used to transmit Morse Code. Basic planes and ships exist, too. For the most part, this world isn't super advanced, save for one thing. For some odd reason, humanoid-like robots exist. This robots were built about 27 years ago, as part of a conspiracy theory that giant monsters would raze the earth and robots were needed to stop them. The project only lasted one year so the number of functioning robots is small.

The feudal ages is much like ancient day Japan and is pretty straight forward. Ninja, samurai, and warring nations existed. Our heroes will need to fight the titans while avoiding the wars between clans. They'll need to stay as neutral as possible or they might find themselves fighting off the clans of the past. And yes, these clans can use magic and elements.

The great war refers to the war that nearly destroyed the planet. A nation of fire benders went up against the earth and wind benders, nearly destroying both before the water benders stepped in. The war consumed the planet and left many magical folk dead, as well as the planet.

The future refers to a time about 130 years from the present. When our heroes arrive here, they will see a very broken world that is crumbling before their eyes. The planet is falling apart and things are slowly phasing out of existence. It's the end of humanity and they need to fight off the last God Titans here before the world can be restored. Nothing exists in this future but death and destruction. There are no new marvels and there is no hope here.

Now let's discuss the Titans (the conflict)!
    There are twelve "God Titans". Each of these God Titans have their own army of weaker titans (still strong so don't write them off just yet). God Titans look different from the normal titans. God Titans are taller and have different skin tones. The color of their skin determines the type of power they possess. For example, orange is fire, green is grass, yellow is lightning, blue is water, etc. The horde of titans do not possess these powers. They do, however, have differences in skills. Some are slow and stupid. Others are cunning and fast. Some are super jumpers whereas others can climb or swim. You can tell which titans are 'special' by the color of their eyes. All normal titans have black eyes. Special titans have colored eyes.

Titans range in height. There are the smaller, weaker titans that are 10-foot titans. The 30-foot titans are stronger than their smaller counterparts. 50-foot or 75-foot titans tend to be the ones that are "special." 100-foot titans are the strongest of the normal titans. God Titans stand 150 to 200 feet tall and are the hardest of titans to drop.

Characters

I'm not going to have a skeleton you need to follow. I'll leave that up to you. It can be as detailed as you want. Please make sure you explain what your magical/elemental power is, too. If you can't come up with something, let me know and we can figure something out.

Now as far as roles go, these are the ones you can pick from. Note that I won't go over 10 players in this story.
    • The Veteran -- This isn't you first rodeo. In fact, you'be been hunting titans for a while. Only recently did you discover that you was branded with the mark of the travelers, thus allowing you to travel back in time (or forward) to fight off the god-like race of monsters. | Taken by Xavi
    • The Rookie -- You're about as new as new can get. You're fresh out of training camp and you're quite nervous about the whole endeavor. You've never seen a titan and you're wishing you never would. Sadly, you've been branded and you know what you need to do. | Taken by enkerzed
    • The Prodigy -- There's something about you that's special. Perhaps it's your moves or maybe it's your mind. Either way, you're right up there with the elites. Although you're fairly young to titan hunting, you're kill-rate is top-notch. You're second to the Veteran in terms of ability.
    • The Mascot -- To be honest, you're not sure how you became the mascot of this group but you're not about to let it go to waste. You've got gut, heart, and soul. You're not the smartest nor are you the strongest, but there isn't anyone who can go toe-to-toe with your resolution to kill the titans. People know your face and know your name. It's you who they rally behind and you they trust. You're pretty much the face of the operation. | Taken by Xavi
    • The Leader -- Every group needs a leader. You're wise beyond your years and you're always thinking one step ahead of everyone else. The Prodigy and Veteran are your equals, as far as wits go. When it comes to plans of attack and escape routes, you're the one to get the job done.
    • The Loner -- You're the one person who does your best to avoid contact with the others. You're almost a shadow, if you will. You can see things others cannot and you have a sixth sense that allows you to sense the titans. Your speed is peerless, thus giving you an edge in the heat of battle. | Taken by Susurrous
    • The Wild Tiger -- Having grown up in the wilderness outside the safety of the armed forces and the wall, you have a feral nature to yourself. You're quick to snap and even quicker to attack your friends. You stay because you're afraid of being alone again and, truth be told, you enjoy your job. Essentially, you're the raging Hulk of the group. | Taken by Arien
    • The Selfless -- When a comrade goes down, you're the first to put your life on the line to defend them. You're all about keeping everyone alive. You're a medical genius and you have a heart of gold. You're kind and loved by all. When you put yourself on the line, your strength, love, and sense of justice will really shine. | Taken by Sevvus
    • The Siren -- You're in a league of your own, girl. Your looks are enough to stop a titan in its tracks. You're emotions are your strong suit as you're unpredictable as hell. When things get tough or when someone's in a pinch, you're the first person to charge into the mess and save the day. Good thing Lady Luck's on your side, for you're a tad reckless as times. | Taken by Cows Go Moo
    • The Protector -- Every group needs their savior and that's your job. You're similar to the selfless, only you're not about to throw away your life. No, you're wise and will think of a way to save them all without offing yourself. | Taken by Ferayn
    Last edited by Xavirne; 10-07-2014 at 11:10 PM.

- hangouts -

One Cold Winter's Night has really always been a story that's lingered in the back of my mind. Everyone always does stories on a planet that already exists, to some extent, and is capable of sustaining life. I want a planet that is unlike any other. There's no beautiful jungles. There's no mountains of shimming sand. There's no tropical beaches to soak up on the sun on. There is only… snow and ice, a frozen wasteland.

Quicce, the planet that our story takes place on, is about the size of Earth's moon, even down to the point where the gravitational pull is almost the same. It is slightly less dramatic but people do have the ability to jump into a tree from the ground (think of this like the world in which Naruto takes place where their hair defies gravity as do their movements). Quicce, as expected, is pretty much a wasteland of nothing but barren land that is coated in a thick crust of ice. Blizzards occur daily and the people that inhabit the planet have learned to how to cope with "survival of the fittest" to its full potential.

The planet is about 7 billion years old, greatly out aging planet Earth. Due to its prolonged existence, it only makes sense that the creatures of the planet, like the citizens, have also advanced far beyond imagination. And yet, at the same time, mythical creatures from the past still plague the planet with their unholy grace.

Dragons, lycan, yeti, and creature of like are of constant threat for the people of Quicce. Thankfully, due to their larger brains, the Quiccians do have measures to prevent their utter extinction, which, back 1 billion years ago nearly happened. It was then when the Quiccians were really put to the test by their almighty god. To their belief, they passed with flying colors, thus allowing their repopulation and continued existence.

About the Quiccians, they are divided into seven distinct nations where each has its own unique features that sets them apart from one another. Pale skin, although stereotypical, is not always the case. Some Quiccians, mainly those of the Iyroco Tribe in the mid-hemisphere, actually have black skin or nearly black skin. Other Quiccian races have blue-tinted skin like those residing in the southern most sections of the planet.

Quicce, much like Earth, is a thriving place, when considering all its not so hot features (no pun intended). It's full of creatures that will mesmerize the mind and others that will bring you terrors in the night. But nothing is more threatening than the Quiccians at war for war among the seven nations will destroy everything….

If you're interested in becoming a part of the story, please continue reading the provided sections. Should you deem One Cold Winter's Night not your forte, I wish you the best of luck in finding a story that suits your fancy.

Rules

INFORMATION CHARACTER INFORMATION

There is a player cap in effect. Only seven playable characters, each representing one of the nations, are up for grabs. Well, technically six if I decide to steal a role for myself. Should these seven roles fill up, there will be a chance for more characters to enter at a later date as some of the players might drop out of die. If this is the case, a new soldier will be sent into battle.

On the off chance additional roles become added into the mix, only players outside the game will be allowed to enter. Such roles would not require backstory knowledge and would serve as a means for "spicing things up" and making the game "more of a challenge." If you are interested in such a role, please PM me and I will put you to a special list.

Background
    THE PLANET OF QUIICE

As expected, the planet of Quicce is covered in ice (about 87-percent is ice). The remaining 13-percent is predominately wasteland. There are small green patches here and there but nothing looks like the Bahamas or Hawaii. For the most part, the planet is covered in ice and snow. A large body of unnamed water divides the western hemisphere into two halves. Another body of water, although harder to see is a skinny river that actually forms the Eon nations. Both the body of water and the stream rarely freeze over as the water has a strange property to it that prevents it from freezing (the water is pretty salty tasting too).

The majority of the planet is actually ice and only a small strip of the planet near the equator is actually on solid ground (see the above globe). Although nations live on the ice, the threat of falling through it is very slim as the ice is miles thick. The only nation that has to worry about cave-ins is the Shazirck nation but, in all honestly, this water thriving nation wouldn't protest such an occurrence.

With regard to the climate itself, most of Quicce experiences wintery seasons. When the star closest to them (a sun of sorts) is tilted toward the planet, the planet can sometimes experience a summer season. Granted, that summer season never gets over 40 degrees Fahrenheit, save for the places around the equator which might get up to 60 degrees F. Blizzards and snow fall are very common. Sleet and hail storms are prevalent in the equator belt.

Although a frozen planet, Quicce can support life -- both creature and planet-wise. Creatures include the human-like races as well as creatures that look similar to wolves, foxes, cheetahs, pumas, falcons, ravens, sharks, whales, fish, horses, deer, elk, rams, chickens, bears, hares, and minks. This is not a conclusive list of animals but merely an example of some of the prevalent species. For simplicity's sake, the animals of the planet will be referred to by their Earth names.

Plants that grow on Quicce are far and wide too. Great pines dot the land as do winter ferns and flowers. Harvestable crops include snow corn, winter squash, winter wheat, iceberg lettuce -- the list goes on and on. Like the animals, the food and plants on the planet are similar to those seen on Earth. To keep things simple, Earth terms will be used to express plant life as well as crops. Also, since greenhouses do exist, some of the more tropical foods are able to grow on Quicce.

THE SEVEN NATIONS

IYROCO TRIBE (Eye-row-co)
    Famous City: Iyroco City. It's located around a large like that was formed by a creator. People flock here for vacations as it's the warmest part of the planet, easily reaching a high into the upper 50s.
    Population: ~7k
    Appearance: Black skin or nearly black skin. Usually very muscular. Tend to wear less clothing than most due to close proximity to equator. Often times have tribal tattoos covering the entire body. Most Iyrocos have elongated elf-like ears, which helps regulate their body temperature when the season gets too hot.
    Attitude: Iyrocos have a very prideful stride to them. They walk a path most cannot follow because most nations do not flaunt their flamboyant nature. Most look down upon others but are more than willing to open their arms to visitors. Iyrocos are known for tolerating and accepting tourists to their nation.

SHAZIRCK NATION (Shh-oz-irk)
    Location: Southernmost hemisphere located around the south pole.
    Famous City: Shaz (Underground). Found under the surface, the underground portion of the Shaz is where the shark people find true happiness. Shaz (Upperground) is the portion of the city that sits on the surface of the ice. Despite being built on ice, the city is highly stable.
    Population: ~2.3k
    Appearance: Blue-tinted skin is prevalent in these people. Blue skin almost always entails white or silver hair, too. Similar to sharks, the people of this nation have gills on their necks, allowing them to survive in their underwater capital. Webbed hands and feet also identify members of Shazirck
    Attitude: Vicious. The people of Shazirck are rather shark-like in nature. They attack anything that's weak and they thrive on chaos. People other than those from Shaz do not visit this nation; it's just not wise to treed in shark infested waters.

WEST EON (E-on)
    Location: Eon is broken into two nations due to its population size. West Eon is, as the name suggests, located on the west.
    Famous City: Merricton. A highly industrialized city with towering skyscrapers, Merricton is the powerhouse of all things technological. Merricton is similar to Boston, MA.
    Population: ~9.4k
    Appearance: West Eon is known for being highly industrial so it only makes sense that its people reflect that nature. People here accessorize to no limit. And, to make them even more unique, this people (at least the ones that can afford it) have been enhanced with a technology known as SRIV. SRIV is completely customizable. Some people get SRIV on their legs while others their back. The possibilities are limitless. Most, however, go with their back. Why? Because SRIV allows people to have wings. Although mechanical, they do not freeze in the frozen world. Think of SRIV West Eon's way of survival of the fittest. Other than the wing feature, these people don't really have a distinct look.
    Attitude: These folks are usually very busy and very cut to the chase. The whole "time is money" quote fits these people. They are more about the task rather than the relationship so if they act stiff it's not their fault, it's just their programming. But, once you get them outside of work, they are actually a pretty fun group of people. A bit high-strung and fast-paced, but still a rather enjoyable group. Think of them as New Yorkers.

EAST EON (E-on)
    Location: Eon is broken into two nations due to its population size. East Eon is, as the name suggests, located on the east.
    Famous City: Cheath. Unlike it's sister city, Merricton, Cheath is highly agricultural. The large flat plains that make up Cheath are ideal for growing crops on, which is the main food source for Quiccians. Cheath is a lot like the state Nevada, USA.
    Population: ~1.7k
    Appearance: Large rolling hills populate this land and the people, like the land, are just as natural. Freckles usually dot their cheeks and they tend to have brunette, sun-kissed, or ginger hair. More often than not, their skin is tanned due to their proximity to the equator. But what makes them different from the rest is their strong backs and sheer strength. These people might not look that strong but they can easily left 200 pounds with ease. Strong, sturdy legs and a short body probably help make this possible. After all, East Eons aren't the tallest of people. Bulky but built, this people rarely get over the height of 5-foot seven-inches.
    Attitude: The jolliest people you'll ever met. There isn't a bad bone on them. They've endured a lot and usually live a hard life, but they don't let that get them down. They enjoy being merry and eating food together. Oh and drinking -- they love their liquor. Some people call them "stupid" or say "their brain has been fried" but they aren't as dumb as one would think. They're survivors and know a lot about the land, the weather, and the water. Too bad they're a bit aloof at times and tend to forget things....

THE FEDERATION OF PNEUMIA NATION (Noo-mmm-ee-uh)
    Famous City: Havandur. This frozen town is famous for its ability to grow rare spices. Although surrounded by snow and ice, the northern portion of the globe receives a fair amount of daylight, allowing greenhouses to produce plentiful foods and spices.
    Population: ~0.7k
    Appearance: Despite popular belief, those of the federation are the palest habitants of Quicce. Having fair skin, hair, and eyes, these individuals are prone to name calling (Whities) due to their very distinct appearance. The people of the federation are also very lean and swift due to the fact that they actually stand and run on their tip-toes. When examining their feet, one will notice calluses that allow them the unique ability to run on the snow and ice without foot protection.
    Attitude: The people of the federation are a very prideful nation but, unlike some, they do not openly express their narcissistic ways. They are a rather laid-back, carefree civilization who focus chivalry and charity. However, their pride does peak through every now and again, especially when engaging in competitions or "who's better" spats.

LIHPON (Lie-pawn)
    Location: Southern portion of the globe located between the two Eons.
    Famous City: Alione. Located just below the equator belt on the water, Alione is not what one would expect. It's a thug and rogue hangout. Because the city has no form of security, anyone and everyone can live here. It's sketchy and shady, much like the non-safe streets of New York City. Still, this city is known as the melting pot of the world as interracial marriages are very common. It's, by far, the most accepting place on the planet.
    Population: ~4k
    Appearance: Since it's the melting pot of the world, there is no one look. People born here can have looks from any of the six nations. However, a true Lihponian is described as having dark eyes and a dark expression on the face. True Lihponians have wide shoulders and strong arms with thick necks and a big nose. One could easily mistake them for a bear for they are quite large and wide and tend to have a full head of hair.
    Attitude: As mentioned, Lihpon is the nation of misfits and bandits. Their attitude certainly reflects that. Backstabbers are everywhere and crime is of the hour. Crooked liars and nasty cannibals (yes, cannibals), these people should be avoided at all costs.

UNLIEF (ün-lay-f)
    Location: Slightly south of the Federation, Unlief has its territories near the equator allowing for its people to experience all the seasons.
    Famous City: Li-Jaun.
    Population: ~1.1k
    Appearance: Rumor has it that Unlief came about as some living in the Federation were unable to adapt to the frigid weather. Being lanky and tall like those of the Federation, the Unlief even have pale eyes like their northern cousins. Their skin tone isn't always as light and their hair color is completely up for grabs. Depending on the lineage, some have white hair while others have brunette. Perhaps the most defining feature of an Unlief is their unusually long hands and fingers. They are very slender, almost blade-like. With such nimble hands and arms, the Unlief are known for having the fastest hands known to man. They can catch a bullet out of midair and cause no damage to their skin. How is that possible? Well, it's believed that the Unlief actually have bug-like scales for skin, which gives them a shimmering glow.
    Attitude: Just as laid-back and carefree as those from the Federation only they aren't quite as rationale. The Unliefs let their emotions guide them and actually practice arts that allow them to really hone in on their inner feelings. Unliefs are also very in-tune with their surroundings and nature, giving them a really natural appeal. One might think of them, in Earth terms, as yoga practicing Native Americans.

Characters

THE CHARACTERS
    >> The Fennec Fox [OPEN]
    >> The Shark [TAKEN by Vastani]
    >> The Falcon [OPEN]
    >> The Mustang [OPEN]
    >> The Cheetah [TAKEN by Xavi]
    >> The Bear [TAKEN by Susurrous]
    >> The Praying Mantis [RESERVED by Cows Go Moo]
    Last edited by Xavirne; 10-07-2014 at 11:14 PM.

- hangouts -

Jaunty Journeyman shockingzelda's Avatar
    I would love love love to do a post apocalyptic type of roleplay, heard from a friend it is a difficult one to do as there is no generalized direction to it. But, I can deal with that.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Wow, I should stop reading the first page and then posting. I did like some of your ideas for pairings, particularly the school president X nerdy scientist.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

I'll do mr and mrs. smith. Wow, I am really just whoreing myself out.

Oh wowz. A Mr. & Mrs. Smith partner. THAT WOULD BE SO EPIC.
    And look at me being a whole month late. XD

- hangouts -

(5-3=1? I am pretty sure you are actually two months late. lol) Yeah I agree, but, first we need to figure out what all ios going to go on. Like exactly who will be the mr. and who will be the mrs. also we need to know setting and other stuff but, I am pretty sure you know what all needs to be discussed before we even think about starting.

Apparently, for me, May = 4. XD I'm a special one these days. ><;

Setting: Modern or futuristic - Probably in a large city
    Characters: I have no preference - I could be male or female
    Side Characters: Probably will need some of these to keep the story interesting.
    Plot: Obviously, we're assassins, but do we want to leave it at just that or do we wanna do the whole saving the world deal-e-o, too?

- hangouts -

Setting: How about Futuristic but with some modern elements?
    Character: Female; I have played male for the last few one on ones, I want to be the girl now dammit!
    side characters: agreed
    Plot: Nah, we don't need to save the world, leave that to the local law enforcement or other authority figure to deal with it.
    Anything Else?

Are the regular forums a-okay? Or do we need to use the full-feature forums?

- hangouts -

doesn't matter. Regular is fine.

яεsεяvε∂
    -character dump-

bulletBabe
    twenty-two | female | player | n/a | Jenny Lynn Walker
    The Character

PERSONALITY:
    Jenny Lynn is a determined, concentrated, and independent woman who walks to the beat of her own drum. On the surface, she's cold and standoffish, tending to avoid social interactions, as she believes they are "meaningless." She's all about the end result and doesn't care about the feelings of others. Or at least that's the face she portrays. But when one works in such a field, it is crucial to mask emotions and any signs of weakness.

Her greatest weakness, presently, is the fact that she can't always control her emotions. Try as hard as she might, they are always surfacing in her missions. People tend to describe her has "harsh and coldly blunt." Her co-workers, on the other hand, label her as "a dramatic perfectionist." Meaning, when around "friends," she's not as uptight and arrogant (don't mistake this with being cocky, for she is not cocky) appearing.

Living by the motto of, "If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself," it's clear that she likes to be in control of her life and that dependency is not her forte.

Overall, she's not someone you want to mess with and don't count on her to do something for you. She works alone and doesn't like to be relied upon or rely on.

HISTORY:
    Her past was fairly easy. She lived a normal life and attended an academy. Upon graduation, Jenny Lynn decided to go to the police academy to pursue her life goal of becoming a police officer. Training went flawlessly and she was considered the cream of the crop, being everyone's favorite candidate. She was supposed to work for the NYC precinct but fate had something else in store for her.

Falling into a different side of life, Jenny Lynn is now "the soldier" for a local group of vigilantes. During one of her missions, she was compromised -- a trap had been set to get rid of her for she posed as a "threat" to the group. In an attempt to flee the region and start over, the woman was intercepted by the police. Slapped in a pair of cuffs, she was on a one-way trip to prison for a set of crimes she didn't commit.

Before she could even make a phone call, a man in a suit arrived and was able to clear her name as well as post bail. There was a catch, though. Jenny had to become a part of a virtual world and schmooze her way into a position of power. From there, one can only assume that this power would be used for the forces of evil.

Although perfectly capable of rising to the cause, will Jenny be able to conform and fulfill this mission with hesitation or will she gain a conscience and take her life back into her own hands?

13leeds&Leads
    twenty-six | female | player | --- | Enya L. Turner
    The Character
    Digimon Craze Hits Big in the States
    By Enya L. Turner, The Grunge Gaming Magazine Write/Editor

NEW YORK - Only a year after its release, the Japanese phenomenon continues to grow in popularity, especially in hot spot areas like New York City.

People of all ages are logging in and becoming a part of the fast growing virtual world on the web. Paired with a Digital Monster, or Digimon for short, users can explore the free world and partake in a whole slew of activities that range from battles to contests to races.

Joining is simple. All that's required is access to an uplink pod which are located at various arcades throughout the city or purchase a personalized pod. After uploading is complete, a digital crest is assigned to each user as well as statistical data that can be accessed at any point during the journey.

The Digital World, the new frontier, is the gateway to a new type of living and experiences. "The experience is so surreal, you have to try it for yourself," exclaimed avid Digimon Tamer Charles Lee. Renee Blake added to Charles' comment with, "It's fun and a great way to get away from it all."

Hello there. I'm Enya Turner, a writer/editor for The Grunge and I also happen to be a an amateur blogger. That little piece you saw above was one of the lines in The Grunge, a magazine that relates to gaming. It's a small magazine but it gets some great circulation, especially in the gamer world. I've been working there for about two years now and I love every second of it. I'm pretty much married to my work. Why, you can even ask my ex-fiance Bryan about it. Okay, so not my best moment but I just wasn't ready to become a housewife and mother, especially not with the Digimon just within my grasp. Which leads me to my next point...

Due to the nature of my work, it only makes sense that I dabble in all the latest games and such. And, being a bit of a closet otaku, I did a lot of networking to gain access to all the servers so I can write my personal blog on all things Digimon. At this point I should state that I am fluent in several languages. I can speak English, French, Russian, and I'm working on learning Japanese. I also know basic ASL - American Sign Language. In case you were curious, my mother is French and Irish and my father is English and Russian.

Well, I have a press conference in a second and then I'm relaxing for the night by getting back on the server and playing around. If you need anything, just Tweet me at @13leeds&Leads or you can find my contact information on TheGrungeMag.com.

Oh, before I got. Why 13leeds&Leads? We have a thing in the newspaper world that goes, "If it bleeds, it leads." I thought it was pretty witty, especially since I used to report on crime prior flipping to The Grunge and then picking up blogging (13leedsDigiBlog).

Anyway, catch ya later~!

- hangouts -

c0debr8kr-sam
    twenty-four | male | player | knowledge | Samuel Pistol Quinn
    The Character

DESCRIPTION:
    Eye and Hair Color: Dull blue eyes that have seen brighter days and black hair
    Height and Build: Five foot eleven inches and one-hundred fifty nine pounds. He's got broad, manly shoulders and square hips. The middle section could be a little fuller, but he's definitely not skin and bones. He's got some muscle tone to his chest and stomach but not enough to label him sexy like Brad Pitt. His arms have some definition as do his legs, but his signature feature would be that ass - full and round. His lack of body and facial hair is nice, but it gives him a bit of a teenager appearance. Nonetheless, he is an all around decent looking American boy.
    Occupation: Independent Contractor in both the electronics and automotive industries
    Brief Description: He's got a bit of a boring look going on. Jeans and a black shirt. Not much for originality. Usually sticks with the monochrome scheme, wearing only whites, grays, or blacks. Appears to have a collection of Converse shoes in his closet as well as a half or so dozen suits. Can't figure out how to tie a tie and yet he has at least twenty-four of them. Sports a pair of dogtags that belonged to his father and wears a bracelet his mother made for him around his right arm. Has a fascination toward leather jackets and boots. Currently owns one belt with an Avenger's "A" belt buckle.

PERSONALITY:
    Sam's a rather odd individual. Those who don't know him would label him a loser. Probably even a nerd. He's always been rather smart but that trait runs in the family. Not really one to openly engage in conversation, Sam likes to spend his time in isolation. He's more of a loner than a people person or party goer.

By no means does Sam Quinn come across dominate or surly. He's usually quite the opposite. Shy and a bit timid, especially to those that don't know him. Not having a lot of friends (and those that he does have are usually elders), Sam, as stated earlier, really prefers to be on his own.

When out in public, he will behave as one would expect, opening doors for people and offering to help people carry heavy objects from the shelf to the car. Why, he even helps rack the leaves for his elderly friend Ms. Machts.

However, despite his chivalry, Sam lacks direction in his life. He has no desire to push himself or to even make a name for himself. Gifted with the brain of his father and the personality of his mother, a man such as himself should be CEO of a Fortune 500 company. It's a shame he has no interest whatsoever. Not only does he lack direction, but he also lacks discipline. After the death of both his parents, Sam became an adrenaline junkie. He charges into situations recklessly and irrationally. He's still a child in that sense and fails to grasp the difference between a true hero and vigilante.

Overall, despite having a depressing childhood (and being rather immature during his early adolescent years), he's shaped out to be a rather well-rounded man. He's not weighed down by sorrow anymore and actually copes with it very well. Granted, it's been over twelve years since the last of his world left him. Still, he's put his woes to the side and puts that emotion into his work.

HISTORY:
    Youthful Years: Born an only child, Sam was graced with his parent's love as well as wealth. He was surrounded by family, always. His mother, Lillian Marie (Hedfield) Quinn, left her job as a politician's assistant so she could raise her baby boy herself, as she wanted to be his influence.

Allen Samuel Quinn, Samuel's father, was a military man turned CEO. Originally on route to being an agent for the CIA Office of Special Projects, Allen did a 180 and ended up developing a company with a friend. Forging a telecommunications company, together the two started a company that would product communication devices for servicemen.

With this job came long hours, but Allen always managed to find a way home to kiss his son goodnight. He also had to make sure he was able to work on a special gift for his son - he was building the boy a motorcycle of the finest caliber, as it was his personal belief that all men need a good bike.

Needless to say, from birth until the age of eight, Sam had a great life. He had his life handed to him on a silver platter but never exploited that. He was an all around sweet kid with a big heart. And then tragedy struck....

The Loss of a Father: The incident changed the household. Lillian forever wore the eyes of a broken widow and Sam's smile faded. Laughter was a sin within the house as tears were only allowed to enter the mind and air.

Allen lost is life in what appeared to be a freak accident. Unbeknown to all, someone had left a machine running. One spark started it all. A tragic, horrible fire that left seventeen hospitalized due to smoke inhalation and one dead. That one man died saving two others.

A large funeral was had, especially for Allen Quinn. He was given a slew of awards and his already wealthy wife and son were given even more dough that would never be touched. Rather than letting it collect dust, the family donated it to a Fire Fighter's Foundation.

Needless to say, it took about a few years for the two to finally cope with the reality of it all. During that first year, Sam's grades were on the decline. Counselors were hired and private tutors were bought. For the first year, Sam let his father's death get in his way. Then, one evening, one of his tutors asked, "Do you really think your father would want to see you fail?"

After hearing those words, Sam started to work toward recovering his grades. He was transferred to another school, a Catholic one, with the hopes that he could catch up and then some. However, that only lasted for about a year for tragedy hit the Quinn household again.

Having to Say Goodbye to Her: She died about seven months after being admitted to the hospital. Cancer had formed between her lung and heart, making it inoperable. Chemotherapy was attempted but failed as she grew weaker with each blast. Nothing could be done to save her life except for praying but that only prolonged suffering, which was actually quite cruel.

With her son's hands in her own, she made him promise that he wouldn't let her death affect him. Sam was to attempt college when he turned eighteen. Lillian begged him to find love and happiness, but she could see that, behind the tears in those brilliant blues eyes, happiness was no longer a word in his dictionary.

She passed away in the evening, leaving a very lonely and broken boy to live in a world without the two people that brought him into it. Forced to live with his mom's sister, he would soon make a series of bad decisions upon becoming a teenager.

Teenage Years: Between skipping school and starting fights, his Aunt Jillian was in for a rather bumpy three years. Sam's grades were fluctuating (depending on the class, he either had an A or an F) and his mood was unbearable. In a last ditch effort to save him from the life of a juvenile delinquent (she feared he would land there), Miss Hedfield removed him from his public school and forced him back into that Catholic school that shaped him up the first time. He was even given a psychiatrist who he was forced to report to on a daily basis.

Little by little, the anger started to vanish. His grades improved and his smile returned. Then he turned sixteen and he decided it was time for a change. Running away, though probably not the wisest move, did have its advantages. While he was trying to learn his place in life, he stumbled upon a man who had a very familiar face. It took him a few seconds but he soon realized the face; it was his father's old friend - Mr. Todd.

Learning about his parents was the greatest moment for him, he could see the light now and realized his immaturity. With the assistance of Mr. Todd, he returned to a grief-stricken aunt, promising to never leave her again (at least until he graduated college).

The two needed each other, in a sense. Both were broken and lonely and both missed Sam's parents. Why, even Mr. Todd decided to stick around to act as a fatherly figure in Sam's life. As one might expect, Mr. Todd and Jillian eventually fell for one another.

Graduating and Becoming a Man: Thankfully, all those horrid grades were not a part of his transcript (as it is only ninth through twelfth grade that makes the transcript and determines rank), which allowed Samuel Quinn to graduate at the top of his class. During those last four years of high school, Sam even enrolled in college-level classes taught by his teachers, which helped him move toward something greater.

Jillian hoped that Sam would attend Harvard but the boy had his sights set elsewhere. . He enrolled at RPI with the hopes of becoming a Mechanical Engineer. About a year into the program, he found it too boring and was able to flip into something more challenging - Computer Engineering, as he had always been excellent with regard to that matter.

His grades were decent. They would have been higher had he not decided to quit doing the homework or labs. Perfect test scores and the ability to answer everything correctly wasn't enough to earn him that 4.0 though. He needed to do the grunt work, which, according to the record, he said was "Pointless and a waste of my time."

At first, Sam's grades were decent (a solid B) but as the coursework increased and professors required students to do homework, Sam realized it was time for a change. Dropping out of RPI, he decided to start working at a local garage where he worked on motorcycles. He eventually found an IT job and began working there while doing weekends at the garage.

Two years later, he quit both jobs and decided to do his own independent work. He just does IT projects or fixes cars whenever someone pays him. So he pretty much did the same things as before, but he was in charge of making his own hours, rather than having a schedule given to him.

When that shiny new virtual world pod came out, Sam wasn't interested in it. And yet, he got one. Sure, it was new and the latest fad and it was right up his alley, but Sam hated to spend money on leisurely items. To his luck, though, his Aunt Jillian and Mr. Todd ended up buying it for him to "play with" as they knew he would never actually buy it.

Due to its origins, Sam was forced to mingle with someone outside his circle. However, the interaction wasn't as bad as he thought, especially when he discovered that his new friend was actually the child of someone that worked with his mother when she was in the political field.

Now having access to the Japanese server, Samuel Quinn decided to give the machine a shot. But before logging in, the lad decided it might be wise to learn some Japanese. After all, one cannot simply enter a game without knowing the language, culture, and background. Hiring a private tutor, Sam soon knows enough to get him started. And this is where the story begins...

- hangouts -

Helaine Nail

Description

Helaine Nail, call her Hel or Nail, is a thirty-one year old Zeit-Tek guard/soldier. She's a curly haired brunette who stands a good five foot nine inches tall. She has kicking curves and a killer smile. Her skin is a nice peach color and tends to get darker when she's outside in the sun for long periods of time. Hel's teeth are white, which is quite odd since she's been a steady smoker for the past ten years. The tough-as-nails soldier has a tramp stamp tattoo of a pair of pistols; she also has her left wrist tattooed with the word "Lucky" and her right wrist has the number "13" tattooed on it.

Stiletto black boots, though not ideal to run in, are her go-to footing materials. She wears military green jeans that look more like dress pants and a white button up shirt. She actually picked those green jeans so that they matched her eyes. Needless to say, Hel enjoys wearing vests and ties, as she claims it gives her a more manly appeal. Black leather gloves and a pair of pistols on each hip finish out her look.

An ex-cop of sorts, Hel keeps her retired badge pinned on the collar of her brown leather trench coat.

Personality

Hel is one of those no nonsense kind of gals. She laughs only when someone's getting their ass chewed out. The woman takes her job seriously and will not hesitate to put someone down if they defy orders. She's a bit of a bitch but she does mean well, usually.

Some people say she's become a bitter woman because of a guy. Apparently, when she was in her twenties, she was engaged to a man. The guy turned out to be a real piece of meat - a lowlife, thug that was using her to get to someone. Broken and destroyed by this, Hel hardened her heart and swallowed her tears. Since then, she's buried herself in work and hasn't had much of a social life or even a love life. Some question if she's even human as she can be hunched over her desk for ten days straight without breaking her composure.

Overall, people toss around these words when describing her:
    Cold
    Manipulative
    Hard worker
    Committed
    Sarcastic
    Brutally honest
    Intelligent
    Witty
    Drop dead gorgeous
    Gets what she wants, when she wants kinda gal
    Tough as nails

Equipment / Abilities

This woman always has her two pistols on her. Hell, the lady even named them - Lucky and Thirteen. As expected, the side they are holstered on matches the wrist tattoos. Aside from packing guns, this soldier carried about seven throwing knives in a pocket strapped to her right upper thigh. Although she's never used them, Hel likes to keep them there for those "freak moments when bullets can't save me."

In addition to the guns and knives, Hel always has a pack of smokes on her as well as a lighter of sorts. A lock-picking kit rests in the pocket of her shirt (hidden by the vest) and a Swiss Army Knife along with her keys are found in her right front pocket. Her wallet is located in the right butt cheek pocket and a lace handkerchief is usually kept in the left rear pocket. Oh, Hel likes her chewing tobacco, too. You can find that in her coat pocket along with some toothpicks.

The last thing Hel carries is a pair of handcuffs that are usually locked on the backside of her right hip. As one might guess, Hel's a righty.

History

To keep it simple, Hel's mother was murdered. Wanting to find out the truth behind her mother's death, the girl decided to become a detective. Eventually was recruited to be a law enforcement officer. Since her skills are off the charts, she was relocated again but, rather than being a spy or something badass like that, she was given the role of a soldier. When she's not acting as a soldier, she's on guard duty. To be honest, she finds this job to be quite fun. The brunette loves to look good and really enjoys pushing people around.

Her father's whereabouts are unknown but it is rumored that he is still alive. Hel also has a younger sister who wants nothing to do with her big sister. The two had a falling out when they were sixteen and never spoke to one another since then. It might have something to do with the fact that Hel stole B's (Beatrice) boyfriend. Said boyfriend just so happened to be the guy that proposed to Hel and then, later, tried to kill her. Long story short, Hel's a boyfriend stealer and B will never forget this.

Extra

+ Straight but has been known to get with women+ A smoker and a drinker
    + A recently reformed gambler
    + Could very easily become a wanted criminal
    + Knows a thing or two (actually a lot) about crime scenes and detective work
    + Enjoys spending her free time sewing or shopping for tea
    + Has never worn a dress in her life
    + Is often called in when shit needs to be done, done right
    + Cannot stand the sun, says it's too bright for her eyes

female, straight
    •••••
    twenty-two years young
    five feet and six inches tall
    a little over one-hundred and thirty
    captivating baby blues to stare at all day
    swirls and curls of golden blonde to adore

Personality

P E R S O N A L I T Y
    Whoop-da-whoop! I'm a bit of a klutz and I'm the world's biggest tease. I flaunt my stuff like I'm the best (which I am). But don't let me ego burn you because if you went beneath the make-up and into my soul, you'd see I'm really just an innocent angel who's got the devil in a chock-hold. I'm unique and original and very competitive. I like to be a perfectionist, but sometimes my mind gets in my way. I'm one of those girls that has the words Drama Queen stamped on my ass. Take me for who I am or... wait, no, you have to take me or I'll kill off all 'dem other whores.

O T H E R
    I'm a model and a make-up artist. I adore art and creativity. If anyone dares steal my man, I'll poison them with my paint, stab them with my sheers, and then write LOSER on their forehead in eyeliner. I will stop at nothing to win his heart. He's mine. Oh, I should mention that I'm really not taken. Heh, I guess you could say I'm possessive. ^^;
    Last edited by Xavirne; 01-09-2014 at 01:42 PM.

- hangouts -

[Full Name] Remington Erick Massaro
    [Other Names] Rem or Remi
    [Ethnicity] Caucasian
    [Years Alive] eighteen
    [Hair Color] dyed it blue
    [Hair Style] a bit fawked up; it's spiked and messy
    [Eye Color] royal blue
    [Height] six foot one
    [Face Type] slender and sharp; tends to look older than he really is
    [Body Type] lean, but nicely toned
    [Warrior Attribute] Fire

Personality

[Personality Type] Emotionally challenged with an edgy attitude
    [Morals and Beliefs] What are those?
    [Sinful Ways and Traits] only the strong will survive. He believes that all people are guilty until proven innocent and he has a "no respect for me, no respect for you" policy in effect. He also tends to play on the wild-side of life and enjoys causing trouble. Seeing people in pain? Pffft, it's just a part of his game. He does not always follow the most ethical path.

[Everyone Knows] wild + reckless + bitter + cold + ruthless + impatient + indifferent + sarcastic + witty + haughty + loner
    [People Might Not Know] chivalrous + charming + intelligent + protective + emotionally challenged

[General Demeanor] Indifferent and unconcerned with what happens to him as long as he gets his way. He often has the mysterious aura embodying him and is fairly quiet. He's also the kind of man to give you the cold shoulder (totally on purpose, too).
    [Interactions with Others] He is usually not around others. When he is, he often sinks into the shadows and watches from afar. Rarely does he make comments or contribute in group decisions. When he does speak, he usually plays the role of the Devil's Advocate or the Instigator. He just loves to egg people on and cause chaos to erupt.
    [Interactions with His Digimon] He treats his partner with limited interest. Partners are for the weak.
    Equipment

[Equipment] a pocket knife that he pick-pocketed, a pair of dog tags, his mask, a pair of goggles, a guitar pick, and his Digivice gloves
    [Tools] a pocket knife with a nail file, screw driver, scissors, and a lock picking option
    [Abilities] he is pretty good at reading people and he also has a great poker face; he's also really good at pissing people off
    [Powers] his genius mind, his powers of manipulation, and the power of guilt and pity (he can make you feel like worthless crap)
    [Skills] he's got a knack for pick-pocketing, breaking and entering, picking locks, swiping items without being caught, and deceiving the weak minded
    [Weakness] that whole lovey-dovey, cutesy stuff drives him crazy. He also can't stand overly forgiving people. Oh, and he's hydrophobic (fear of water).History

[Family Life] Perfect. His parents are still together and they had a total of two children - Remington and Renaye. Reny is two years older than her brother and is attention college to be a physician's assistant. His father is a pharmacist and the owner of a drug store and his mother works at said store.
    [Home Life] Reny and Remi got everything they could ever imagine. They weren't spoiled, but they certainly weren't living a mediocre life. In fact, when they both turned sixteen, they got brand new cars. The home life was pretty sweet.
    [Experience Learned from Life] Remi is able to adapt to just about anything. Coming from a wealthy family, one might think he is not so adaptable, but this is far from true. He was used to having his parents work late or even come home early. His parents were also firm believers of "if you want something, you work for it." So, to get anything non-gift related, the kids had to do chores and even pick up a part time job. Remi, for the most part, is flexible and very fast on his feet. He's got a keen and witty mind.

[Events That Molded Me] xxx

[Encountering the Digimon] xxx

[MEET THE DIGIMON]
    [Name] Impmon
    [Evolves From] Impmon digivolves from Yaamon
    [Evolves To] Impmon warp digivolves to Beelzemon.

[Attacks]

• Infernal Funnel (Summon): Summons elementals of flame and ice.
      Badda-Boom (Night of Fire): Attacks the opponent with flames of darkness.
      Pillar of Fire: Creates blue and pink fire balls in both hands, puts them together then throws the fireball to create a firewall.

[Personality] Impmon is quite devious and very vocal. He simply loves to hear himself talk and talk and talk and talk and, you guessed it, talk. He's pretty bright, but he isn't the most logical of Digimon. He's also not all that loyal, but it's to be expected, right? He's a dirty little imp that loves to burn people and wreck some havoc on the world. But, seriously, all in all, he's a hell of a partner... when he's actually doing something. He's very committed to his cause and his stubbornness levels are through the roof.

[Fun Facts] He enjoys singing. He also loves playing with fire (he's a real pyromaniac). Impmon also enjoys long walks on the beach. ...no, you moron, he hates that kind of stuff. If things get too lovey-dovey, he'll bail. He's too tough for cute (more like cute is too much for him and it makes him feel all warm and fuzzy inside).

[Weaknesses] Water, duh. Lovey-dovey crap. Rational conversations that far exceed the capacity of his own mind. His cocky, loner attitude.

Hi, are you still looking for new RPs? Wanted to ask firstly before I inquired about the different ideas you have listed and what not
    "And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?"

I would love a new roleplay! Which ideas did you have in mind?

- hangouts -

Hannibal Nancarrow

"Mom always told me that a man is measured by his actions. Too bad gold is worth more."

PHYSICALITY

Description
    Worded Description

Appearance
    Hair: Brunette with near-black roots
    Facial Hair: Light amount of stubble
    Eyes: Blue
    Build: Mesomorph
    Skin Tone: About as white as they come
    Height: 5-foot, 10-inches
    Weight: 165 pounds
    Voice:
    Handed: Right
    Body Markings:
    Scar Tissue:
    Unique Body Features:

Name
    Hannibal Yestin Nancarrow

Nickname
    Hann or Hanni

Title
    "that snotty rich kid"

Race
    Human

Visual Age
    Mid to late twenties

Factual Age
    Thirty-one

Sexual Orientation
    Heterosexual

Mage Ranking
    Noram

Class
    Witch Hunter

MENTALITY

Personality
    Hannibal is one of those guys that you either love or you hate. He's charming, suave, and popular. When he enters a room, people can't help but turn heads and stare. He's handsome and he knows it. He's rich and he shows it. Hannibal's silver tongue and smooth moves often cause women to swoon and men to roll their eyes. Men tend to hate him; women often love him. The way he walks shows off his arrogant grace, but in a way that almost makes him appear human. His smile can light up a room and his sad eyes can make strong men cry.

There is absolutely nothing shy and meek about Hannibal. Loud, rowdy, obnoxious. Center of attention, flirtatious, bad boy swagger. Yes, he has all those traits at his disposal. But aside from being a player, Hannibal is also very honest. Almost bluntly honest. He's also prone to being 'butt hurt' over things that involve trust and respect. If someone betrays him, Hannibal is the first to fall off the face of the earth and avoid you. He hates being let down and he hates getting hurt.

On the flipped side of the coin, Hannibal isn't the kind of guy to betray you. He'll always be there for you, whether you want him to be or not. His best friend is Halvard Fylker and he would die for the man. Hannibal has spotted Hal money and has gone out of his way to protect the guy. The bond between the boys is stronger than a friendship -- it's brotherhood. Hannibal is the kind of guy to cancel a date just for the sake of being there for a friend in need. He's a fierce friend and one hell of a guy, when he wants to be.

Quirks
    Although Hannibal isn't shy, he does have a bashful smile when he's around close friends or someone he's very interested in. He almost comes across humble and love-struck in such instances. He'll trip over his words and look like a fool when overwhelmed with emotions of love and joy.

Moral Alignment
    Neutral -- Sometimes it's hard to stay neutrally good in a "witch kills man" world.

Virtue/Creed
    Killing is bad unless it's a witch or monster. The thought of hurting a human turns his stomach over and causes him to lose sleep at night. Hannibal is only a killer of things that are cursed and even that takes a toll on the guy.

Motivation
    Even though his mother has moved on, Hannibal still fells obligated to please her. Her standards of being a man differ from his but he's opening that she's watching and smiling down on him. Hannibal wants nothing more than to make his mother smile and be proud of the man he's become; he wants to became that man on his own terms, with his own rules.

Fears
    Losing his best friend, Halvard. Not necessarily by death, either. Hannibal would be crushed if anything came between their friendship. If he thought losing his mother was bad, losing Halvard would be a million times worse as Hal has been with Hannibal since the beginning.

Goal
    Have more gold than he'll know what to do with. It really is that plain and simple.

Sexual activities, gold, red meat, gambling, drinking, and hanging with Halvard. Hannibal is all about having fun and doing such fun with good company.

Dislikes
    Losing, blood, and murder. He cannot stand losing a bet or money. Furthermore, he hates blood and murder. Witches aren't something that bother him, but the idea of a human dying pushes him right over the edge. The last time he saw a dead body he curled up into the fetal position and rocked himself into numbness for five hours.

Strengths
    • Wealth. No matter what happens, Hannibal will always have money. Perks of having a rich ancestry. About five generations back worth of money is all within reach of Hannibal. This money allows him to have top-notch gear and weapons. It even allowed him to get his signature customized scythe.
    • Charismatic. Without a doubt, this is Hannibal's best strength. He can talk to anyone and almost everyone will fall in love with him. Even if you hate him at first, you'll probably walk away wanting to be the guy. He knows just what to say and, if he doesn't pull it off, he'll just laugh it off. He's very well-versed in the world of talking and pleasing.
    • Sexual deviant. There is no one better than Hannibal, or so he claims. He knows exactly how to please a woman and he can last for hours.

Weaknesses
    • Spoiled. Probably one of his greatest weaknesses is that he had everything. He could have become anyone or anything, and instead he chose to screw around and goof off. He's bright, but not as smart as he should be for someone with private tutors. During his youth, he didn't believe in learning and often got out of it. Nowadays, he regrets his childish mistakes and wishes he had spent more time looking at books than breasts.
    • Emotionally driven. Some would argue that this is good, but it isn't. Hannibal is the first to break down and weep when things get too hard. He's easily frustrated at his lack of knowledge and handiness. He's all about the people and the relationship, which angers his employers. People think he's all about socializing and incapable of lifting a finger.
    • Showoff. When it comes down to it all, Hannibal is a showoff. He's flashy and flamboyant. He flaunts his looks and riches. Because he does this, opportunities escape him or he misses the boat. He's been known to fail a job for getting too involved with the women rather than the witches. Because of this, people say he's irresponsible and reckless. But in the end, they call him a showoff because they know he doesn't need the money he can earn from hunting witches.

Is your character literate? In what languages?
    Seeing as he grew up rich and wealthy, Hannibal had languages at his disposal. Too bad he never latched onto any of them. He is very proficient in the common tongue but anything outside of that he struggles with. He can say common terms and ask the standard questions, but anything more is beyond him.

ARMAMENT

Head
    He can't wear anything atop his head without getting his hair greasy so he's always sporting his head of luscious hair.

Neck
    Again, nothing. Occasionally some chest hairs will poke upward from his shirt, but that's about it.

Chest
    Hannibal wears a cropped shirt of chain-mail atop a simple cotton shirt. Essentially, he wants to protect his heart should someone ever try to stab him there, hence the chain-mail. Over the chain-mail he wears a simple black cotton shirt with a lace-up collar. Over there is his brown-black leather vest with very short sleeves. On the back of the vest is a giant purple insignia of his family crest, a rose woven around a cross. The insignia was hand-stitched on and the threads uses fade from deep purple to lighter tints of violet. The cross part of the crest is made of silvery-purple string and it shimmers if the light hits is just right.

Back
    Strapped across his back is the sheath for his scythe. It is made of black and brown leather with golden clasps. The sheath for the scythe is a reddish-brown leather holster with purple roses along the edges.

Arm/Shoulder
    Should pads protect both his shoulders. These pads are kept in place as they can attach to the sheath. The pads are brown-black in nature with golden clasps. Each pad bears one large purple rose in the middle.

Right Hand
    Black leather gauntlet with silver knuckles over a pair of black cotton gloves. A chain-mail wrist brace ensures his wrists don't snap out of place while he's out hunting.

Left Hand
    Exactly the same as the right, only a purple rose is found on the left gauntlet.

Right Accessory
    A pair of throwing knives are tucked neatly into a pouch strapped to his right thigh.

Left Accessory
    A whip is tucked into his belt.

Waist
    A reddish-brown leather belt with a golden clasp that keeps hi drawers up. He also wears a purple scarf around his hips to keep his stomach warm and to give it another layer of protection.

Legs
    His parents are tightly woven cotton (jeans) pants of black. Around his legs are reddish-brown cotton braces that keep his knees from getting fucked up from all his running. With the extra weight on his person, Hannibal took extra precautions with his body.

Feet
    Knee-high leather boots of black protect his feet. Tipped with a metallic silver plate, he can have something get dropped on his toes without them being crushed. The shoes are also waterproof thanks to blubber and fat.

COMBAT PROWESS

Rating System
    [Perfect] - [Excellent] - [Good] - [Above Average] - [Average] - [Below Average] - [Poor] - [Very Poor]

Combativeness
    Hand-to-Hand Combat: [Average] -- He can certainly handle his own if he ever had to fist fight someone.

Melee Combat: [Excellent] -- Hannibal is an expert when it comes to disorganized close-ranged fighting. He specializes in not having a plan of attack and making things up as he goes.

Ranged Combat: [Above Average] -- Thanks to his scythe's ability to fire blades, he can shoot things from afar. He also has his lasso-whip, which extends his range. In addition to that, Hannibal is a pretty decent knife thrower.

Magic Combat: [Average] -- Seeing as he deals with witches, he does have some skill fighting them. Sadly, he has no magical powers himself so all his attacks are purely human in nature.

Mounted Combat: [Below Average] -- Since his horse was killed about five years ago, Hannibal has had a hard time finding a better partner. His old horse was excellent. The new ones (he loses horses all the time) just can't compare, thus rendering his mounted combat below average.

Racial Abilities
    • Adaptability: [Good] -- When it comes to adapting to things, Hannibal fairs better than the average man. He has the money and means to adapt. Not only that, but Hannibal is famous for his unorthodox antics, especially in combat. If he can't adapt right off the bat, he'll make something up and wing it!
    • Cunning: [Below Average] -- No one ever said Hannibal was the smartest man around. He never has a plan and often wins based on sheer luck. There isn't much that is cunning about this man.
    • Ambition: [Good] - Striving to please his mother, Hannibal's ambition is pretty high. Granted, greed clutters his ambition sometimes, which is why he's not more ambitious.

Natural Talent
    • Making Things Up on the Fly: [Excellent] -- Ever need help coming up with a story? Hannibal is your man. He's heard a great many stories and has learned to adapt them to fit his needs and situation. If anything, this guy is an excellent story teller.
    • Distractor 2.0: [Good] -- In need of a distraction? Looking for a fool to run in screaming? Need to cluster people so you can kill them all easily? Hannibal is your guy. When you need someone to do something crazy, he will rise to the occasion. He loves becoming the center of attention and has no qualms running into a horde of people screaming, "He's gonna eat me!"
    • Puppy Dog Eyes: [Over 9000] -- There is not a man on this earth that wouldn't crumble before his puppy dog eyes. It's with these eyes that he can get away with anything! It's also how he gets himself out of paying for things, as well as getting girls to follow him back to his room. "When in doubt, puppy eyes out" is his motto.

Class Skills
    • Tracking
    • Extensive knowledge of magic
    • Speed
    • Aim
    • Stealth

Spells/Powers
    Hannibal has no spells or powers at his disposal. He's about as human as they come.

EQUIPMENT

Items

Memorabilia

Accessories

Weapon
    Weapon Name:
    Weapon Type: Scythe
    Material:
    Ammo:
    Length:
    Weight:
    Weapon Description/Info:

Weapon Name:
    Weapon Type:
    Material:
    Ammo:
    Length:
    Weight:
    Weapon Description/Info:

Weapon Name:
    Weapon Type:
    Material:
    Ammo:
    Length:
    Weight:
    Weapon Description/Info:

BACKGROUND

Group Affiliation

Marital Status

Relatives

Origin

Social Rank

Occupation

Bio/History

Halvard Riel Fylker

"To protect my people I have died so that I can rise again as this city's ghost."

PHYSICALITY

Description
    As a ghost, it is hard to really describe the man. He keeps his face hidden and those who can see it often can't tell who he really is for he wears makeup over his eyes. A hood even casts a shadow over his face, further keeping his identity hidden from the world. Why hide, you ask. Why not, he responds. To protect, he needs to get his hands dirty and he will do so, only he refuses to do it at the expense of his own identity. Born into this world as a man with everything, he lost it all and suffered heavy loses. He knows the perils of war and has blood on his hands. Not wanting his bad reputation to catch up with his vigilante acts, he cast away his real name.

Depending on the time of day determines attire. At night, he runs around donning himself with a hood and his quiver of arrows. During the day, he upholds his new name of Halvard Fylker, unemployed drunk, destined for nothing but a barrel to the brain.

Appearance
    Hair: Brunette with sun-kissed tips
    Facial Hair: Trimmed neatly in a French cut with manageable stubble growing across his jawline and down to his Adam's apple
    Eyes: Blue, though depending on lighting and the colors he wears, they can become tainted with shades of gray, green, or even teal
    Build: Mesomorph; broad shoulders, muscled arms and legs, narrow hips, minimum amount of fat. Excels in strength, agilty, and speed due to medium structure and height. Easily able to gain muscle and strength due to metabolism.
    Skin Tone: Lightly tanned on the arms and face
    Height: 6-foot, 1-inches
    Weight: 175 to 180 pounds depending on the time of day
    Voice: His voice is authoritative and easy to understand.
    Handed: Right handed but has learned to use his left hand in dire situations
    Body Markings: Tattoo of an R just above his left peck that symbolizes his devotion to being a ranger
    Scar Tissue: Scars litter his body and range in size from little wounds that could come from the claws of a cat to larger gnashes that were likely caused by taking an arrow, blade, or spear to the chest, thigh, and love handles, respectively
    Unique Body Features: He had little hair on his body due to burning it off as a young man

Name
    Halvard Riel Fylker

Nickname
    Hal or Riel

Birth Name
    Valberg Rurik Reynard

Title
    "the Ghost Archer, savior of the lost and weak"

Race
    Human

Visual Age
    Mid to late twenties

Factual Age
    Thirty-four

Sexual Orientation
    Heterosexual

Mage Ranking
    Kell; tends not to use magic for he calls it "cheating"

Class
    Ranger

MENTALITY

Personality
    When the sun is out, Hal acts lesser than he really is. He comes across moody, brooding, and drunk. His speech can be slurred and his wording can be off. Some might call him lowly and predator-like, as he often attracts the attention of women who are looking to 'save a troubled man.' A true backstabber, no one would ever suspect this guy to protect the city and be a hero at night.

When the sun sleeps, Hal puts on his paint and becomes the spirit of the city. He lives, breathes, and does for the people. He helps the poor and he protects the weak. People fear him because he's mysterious and comes across evil. People cower before his arrows, but they often discover that, unless corrupt, they are not in harm's way. He's compassionate, in that he helps people, and very logical. He plans his moves and actions weeks in advance, casing targets to ensure he won't enter a battle unprepared.

Quirks

Moral Alignment
    Chaotic Good, "Rebel"

Virtue/Creed

Motivation

Fears

Goal

Dislikes

Strengths

Weaknesses

Is your character literate? In what languages?

ARMAMENT

Head

Neck

Chest

Back

Arm/Shoulder

Right Hand

Left Hand

Right Accessory

Left Accessory

Waist

Legs

Feet

COMBAT PROWESS

Rating System
    [Perfect] - [Excellent] - [Good] - [Above Average] - [Average] - [Below Average] - [Poor] - [Very Poor]

Combativeness
    Hand-to-Hand Combat:

Melee Combat:

Ranged Combat: [Excellent] -- Seeing as he fights with a bow, it is only expected that he hone his archery skills to perfection. Hal's knowledge about the weak points of the body also aids in scoring a perfect or near-perfect death count.

Magic Combat: [Below Average] -- Since he considers magic cheating, Hal doesn't use magic in combat. Furthermore, he does his best to avoid magical confrontations as he doesn't always know how to ward off magical foes.

Mounted Combat: [Very Poor] -- Hal has no experience with mounted combat, which is why he prefers to keep to his own two feet.

Racial Abilities

Natural Talent

Class Skills

Spells/Powers

EQUIPMENT

Items

Memorabilia

Accessories

Weapons
    Weapon Name: Quiv
    Weapon Type: Traditional Recurve Bow
    Material: Rosewood, walnut, and hard maple with a leather-wrapped handle
    Ammo: A quiver of arrows (24)
    Length: 58-inches
    Weight: Draw weight is 55-pounds
    Weapon Description/Info: Sleek and functional, Hal's bow is capable of being used in hand-to-hand combat the bow is made of durable materials. The bow is black with golden edges that he detailed himself. Each of his arrows are custom-made and painted black with forest green fletchings.

Weapon Name: N/A
    Weapon Type: Flechettes
    Material: Metallic
    Ammo: Carries 10
    Length: No more than 5-inches
    Weight: Minimal
    Weapon Description/Info: Has standard flechettes as well as tranquilizing flechettes.

Weapon Name: N/A
    Weapon Type: Arrow-holding gauntlets
    Material: Leather with metallic plates to cover the base of the hand
    Ammo: Flechettes (10)
    Length: Covers his entire hand up to his wrists
    Weight: Minimal
    Weapon Description/Info: The pinky and ring fingers aren't covered, as well as the thumb. Only the index and middle fingers are veiled in leather.

BACKGROUND

Group Affiliation

Marital Status

Relatives

Origin

Social Rank

Occupation

Bio/History

LOOKING 4 SOMETHING EZ
    You know what, I am interested in having a lighthearted, easy roleplay. Something fun and carefree would be awesome. If anyone is interested, please hit me up! And no, I will not post like that in the actual roleplay, just doing something to separate this from my other posts.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 06-16-2014 at 08:11 PM.

- hangouts -

Reoccurring NPC
    Something lighthearted does sound nice for a change. I would be up for it depending on the plot.
    We could do something using Ryker and Masuyo or we could make new characters.
    "We are our own devils; we drive ourselves out of our Edens." ~ Goethe

Story dumpppp

Introduction
    Kirail Gysse (Ky-rail Guise). His name was attached to the revolution that was underway. It was Kirail that was in shadows, looking for an answer to all this. Who's to blame and how does one go about fixing it all -- that was his mission.

What exactly happened? Ha, we would all like to know. One day people are living in the future -- a world with flying cars and fancy body suits -- and the next, BAM, we're all wearing mismatched shoes with leather, gears, and goggles. After the collapse (AC), you could say that life just hasn't the same. Grunge surrounds all forms of life and surviving is harder than ever in this new world. Thugs swarm the land and looming clouds of rust-colored smoke are everywhere. To get by with these drastic atmospheric change and conditions, people need Ubium (You-bee-umm). Ubium is a chemical drug that gives those who use it a special boost that allows them to… well, survive. The effects of the drug are far and wide. Some people claim that it makes them gassy while others claim it causes psychotic meltdowns. Either way, access to this drug ain't easy. The only way to get it is to find it on the black market. Ya know, that shady trade organization that criminals use. Well, yeah, the only way to really survive is to get that drug and get it in your system. Ubium lasts for about a week before the user needs another fix. Not getting the fix? Heh, let's just say you're just digging yourself a grave. Very few are able to survive without it. Do the math and bada-boom, you'll land at the fact that no Ubium means no life!

So there you have it, the world as you know it has gone to hell. Crime is everywhere and no one seems to care. Everyone's crooked and in things for themselves. Liars and thieves are just the terms we're all branded with.

But hey, don't look so down and blue. There's some swell things out in this world too. Why, had the collapse not happened, people wouldn't have reverted back to their warrior ways. And these rad innovations, such as myself, wouldn't exist! Why, even back before the collapse (BC), there weren't robots and androids.

My name is Whiskers. I'm told I'm a "worthless piece of scrap" but I take that as a compliment because my master, Kirail Gysse, doesn't happen by many friends. In fact, I’m his only friend. Did you know it’s really hard to have a revolution when no one backs your play? Master Gysse is learning this as we -- oh dear, he approaches. I suppose it’s time I relay everything else you need to known! Good luck and don’t let the GRUNGE take you.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 09-23-2014 at 07:20 PM.

- hangouts -

I wouldn't mind a casual story. If anyone's interested in hashing out some ideas, lemme know~!

- hangouts -

*raises hand*

*RAISES HAND DESPERATELY*
    Looking for Rps! Message me!

Still looking~!

- hangouts -