Login to your account

Thread: Finding good pics

Finding good pics

I have a question- okay, since I'm very busy and couldn't do my characters justice, i have to find pics online to use for my characters. You know, well done images that aren't any recognizable character. So here's my question- What site do you guys go to for your character art? I've done photobucket and DA but they have such random conglomerations its hard to find anything. Are there any good sites that I'm just missing?

I use DA, too, and Google image search for really specific things. In the long run I collect a LOT of art/photos for future RP, and sometimes draw my own art.

A thread containing links to people's personal collections of art would be super helpful! Or an image search thread where everyone helps find requests.

Actually yes that's a great idea! I was actually hunting for a pic for a second character for Ardent, mostly to add a little spice to our area, I'm making Rynn's fiance kind of an NPC. I needed a snobby handsome nobleman

I'll see if I can find anything~

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Completely unrelated but I love this. Must find some way to incorporate it into any RP. xD I could see it as Cain and one of the elves, maybe. ;P

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Maybe this if you really want to overdo the snobbiness. xD

I love that pic of the two people lol. And eh, I think I'll pass on that pic. Its not quite what I'm looking for. I have a pic for him now, but if I find something better I definitely will change it. Thanks for looking though, I really appreciate it.

No worries.

I often use Tumblr.

lol when seeing this thread I had to remind myself that images aren't as strongly guarded here lol XD The chatsite I used to go to, people were VERY possessive over their sources due to some people using already used pics without care. Anywho, here's one good site for pic searching on that I shall share with you all: www.safebooru.org
    When searching just keep in mind on that site you have to use _ as spaces if you want the two words to be connected. For example, searching for a specific hair color would be: blue_hair instead of blue hair. Blue hair would search for just, blue and hair. Anywho, hope the site helps.
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

Oh, wow, cool site Tiger!

very cool I shall check it out

Glad to be of help^^
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

There's also Portrait Adoption.com, but that's really for commissioning/purchasing rights to portraits. xD I'm not sure if it counts as an advertisement, since it's for money and I have art there (none recent, but still). *laughs*

I was also going to recommend safebooru. :3 And of course Deviant Art's stock communities.
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin

I use the booru's and basically any chan I come across. Those are my main sources, for characters that I've not done or commissioned art from.

(ooc)

Ask me. LOL! Seriously, Duke does it all the time. "Wifey, I need a girl with brown hair, green eyes, and a bitch personality." A few minutes later, I give her a handful of choices.

I usually use deviantART, PhotoBucket, TinyPic, GoogleImages, ZeroChan, Tumblr, and Flickr. I'm also a click whore, so I'll click on one image which leads to another site which can lead to another site and yeah. Gaia, sometimes, has awesome images to steal from, too. XP

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Lol wish I'd known that when I was checking out pics for Varick
    Looking for Rps! Message me!

I ofrten use this site to find pictures, though they are from actual animes and potentially could be recognisable.

Quote Originally Posted by katelynnxo View Post
    I ofrten use this site to find pictures, though they are from actual animes and potentially could be recognisable.
    That's a great site. You can specify what you're looking for too! And once you find a look you like, you can always google the character and find an image you perfect

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369