Login to your account

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What can we do for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
    Whats the #1 reason your rp buddies won't join wtf?
    Um, so far everyone I have asked to come over here has done so without complaint . . . I would hope because they like the site and not just because they like me as a GM! But who is complaining right? I mean more people the better! >D

Would you like to be able to use your facebook account, for a quick login/signup?
    No, please no. I want to keep my family away from my RPing . . . it might be useful to other people, but I don't want a lot of the people on facebook on here . . . I sound like the biggest mother fucking asshole saying this . . . forgive me.

Would you advertise wtf in your signatures? If not, why?
    On other sites? I may on certain places. I do try to advertise to people I want to join the site! > w <

As far as Facebook...I said this when Gaia started integrating with facebook. I can't imagine a lot of people having RL friends who enjoy or would be interested in RPing, quite the contrary, it'd be embarassing for many of us.

Background NPC
    If we had a roleplay importer tool, which site(s) would you like to be able to import your roleplays from?RPol

and i say add a color change to the pages to it is not white all the time.

In Regards to the Co-Host Rights

I have learned of the "manage roleplays" section and within it the "co-host" option. I have a couple suggestions for extra options to add to the rights the co-host can be granted.

• The ability to edit the RPs overview
    • The ability to add new locations

I may have more later but those are two I picked up on quickly and would help me GREATLY in organizing and managing my own role play.

---------- Post added at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverD View Post
    and i say add a color change to the pages to it is not white all the time.
    Honestly, I prefer the white background it makes the site look uniform. I find alternating colour backgrounds between posts looks far to busy. However, I think it best if the admins gave each player the option to choose between different site skins. Giving players the option to keep the current skin with the nice white background, or one that alternates colours.

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 AM ----------

I keep suggesting things . . . I really hope you don't mind so much. I just don't shut up! >D

Quote Originally Posted by Strude View Post
    Honestly, I prefer the white background it makes the site look uniform. I find alternating colour backgrounds between posts looks far to busy. However, I think it best if the admins gave each player the option to choose between different site skins. Giving players the option to keep the current skin with the nice white background, or one that alternates colours.
    I agree and I feel pretty strongly that at least the background for text in biographies/roleplaying/game information should always, always be white (or at least uniform). Different colored backgrounds/skins don't really add to the roleplay or player experience at all, but they do make it more difficult to be sure that the graphics and look of your text/images are coming through the way you want them. Simplicity is a nice thing, and it makes everyone's life easier.

Whats the #1 reason your rp buddies won't join wtf?
    Sadly, the only reason for this is that they're either lazy to register or too busy to keep up. :P

If we had a roleplay importer tool, which site(s) would you like to be able to import your roleplays from?
    YahooGroups XD I know, it's probably an impossible, but that's where all my RPs were.

Would you like to be able to use your facebook account, for a quick login/signup?Nooooo. lol I'm trying t DISconnect all the sites that ask it of me x_x I don't want it myself (although I suppose as an option it could be alright for some).

Would you advertise wtf in your signatures? If not, why?
    Yes, I have and I still do advertise it, were I know there may be some interest for it.

Whats your favorite feature here? Is there anything we are missing that other sites already have?
    I'm not sure I can pick a single feature I like best lol.
    As for the other... Well, most the things I wanted I've already requested- some are on a to-do list, some were already set. Like for instance, easier way to mark private RPs, making them invitation-only, allowing users to add mini-locations within any given location, etc.

ETA: Something I didn't suggest before but that would be AWESOMEEE would be the ability to download RPs by location and/or as a whole as pdf. I love backing up my rps, specially finished ones, for later re-reading. XD

Can we make it easier to start a rp? What about helping with ideas?
    I feel it's pretty easy to start an rp... so I can't think of an idea to make it even easier...

Would you like an off-topic forum? Can we do anything to make it more fun here?
    I thought we had one? XD

Any other comments, opinions, complaints, praise?
    I love it here <333

Also, I haven't read all 3 pages but I see there's talk of allowing background-color-changes-- I personally hate (such heavy) customization (I like uniformity too); but regardless of that, so long as there is an option to opt out of seeing the lovely colors people use, I don't mind. XD
    Last edited by Tahiel; 08-03-2011 at 04:28 PM.

(ooc)

Quote Originally Posted by Tahiel View Post
    ETA: Something I didn't suggest before but that would be AWESOMEEE would be the ability to download RPs by location and/or as a whole as pdf. I love backing up my rps, specially finished ones, for later re-reading. XD
    Best idea ever. I've tried archiving RPs in the past and it never really works out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Strude View Post
    I keep suggesting things . . . I really hope you don't mind so much. I just don't shut up! >D
    No complaints here

Quote Originally Posted by Tahiel View Post
    Nice idea!

Humble Farmer With a Sword Moonfleet's Avatar
    This is just a quick reply, I'll try respond to the rest later. The timeout was set to twenty minutes, I've upped it to a full half hour. Hope that helps!
    Awesome, thank you! That makes it a great deal better. :3

What can we do, to make it easier for you to share your roleplays? - maybe make the adult rps info open to guests but only the info and not anything else so that if we have an adult rated rp we can show or friends the info on it and maybe get them to join.

Whats the #1 reason your rp buddies won't join wtf? - Don't have time and don't do forum rps.

Whats your favorite feature here? Is there anything we are missing that other sites already have? - My favorite feature is that it doesn't take up much data and isn't loaded up with pictures. Most other sites are getting into mobile friendly but the only thing that this site needs is probably the option to change the overall viewing colors for each user on the whole site not just the profile part.

Any other comments, opinions, complaints, praise?
    - maybe have a staff pick of the day of a random rp. Maybe also make it so that there is a fandom option for making full featured rps so they have their own part or tag like the adult tag. It's completely an awesome site and I love it.. I'm in full support of it.

late but internet was lost and i couldn't get online until today.
    Want to rp? Send me a PM!

Story of Us a small town slice of fantasy life.
    Shichiyou Academy is Adult Rated School.

maybe make the adult rps info open to guests but only the info and not anything else so that if we have an adult rated rp we can show or friends the info on it and maybe get them to join.
    I second this.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BoredNeko19 View Post
    Whats your favorite feature here? Is there anything we are missing that other sites already have? - My favorite feature is that it doesn't take up much data and isn't loaded up with pictures.
    I also agree that this is a very aggravating "feature" of many other sites, and I would be very disappointed if the site started loading itself with images. I like it as it is, simple, with room for players to work with the very plain background.

Quote Originally Posted by BoredNeko19 View Post
    What can we do, to make it easier for you to share your roleplays? - maybe make the adult rps info open to guests but only the info and not anything else so that if we have an adult rated rp we can show or friends the info on it and maybe get them to join.
    Ohh, +1

(ooc)

Reoccurring NPC
    When I first joined this site I thought a tool that might facilitate more open world RPs would be the ability to allow players to create areas for your RP. I thought maybe that there could be three levels to this tool, No Player input, approved player input, and free player input. For RPs where you don't want players to be able to make new places you could use the first option. For the RPs where you want control over the places that players create you could use the approved players input, and for the ones where you just want players to make places as they see fit you could use free player input.

For the approved I think it would be appropriate for the places description and first post (for a more fleshed out description) To be sent to the GM of the game so that they could look over it, Maybe using the message system. Then the GM would have the option to approve, disapprove, or send a message asking for changes to the description.

This particular tool would be really handy for larger RP world that more along the lines of WTF Multiverse, allowing for more direct player input into the world's design, as well as taking a bit more of the burden off from the GM which would allow them to run more game wide quests and story lines.

I dislike the system that lets other people take your character if you leave a roleplay. I really think that shouldn't be the case, you should have the ability to orphan it, but leaving an RP shouldn't mean someone else gets to play what you created.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Clicking on the link to an RP on the main page should take you to the game's overview, not it's location section. Maybe there should be an on/off field (like open/closed, adult/pg-13) for whether or not the game's begun.

Sorry for all my suggestions. I sound like miss complainy pants, but really, I adore this site. That's why I'm dragging people here. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    I dislike the system that lets other people take your character if you leave a roleplay. I really think that shouldn't be the case, you should have the ability to orphan it, but leaving an RP shouldn't mean someone else gets to play what you created.
    I like this idea out of the sheer fact that I have had people leave my RPs and they played key characters that without them the entire role play dies. It's nice knowing that if someone no longer wants to be in, say Carmine, and they play, say the main villain, that I can have someone else pickup that character without having to worry about getting everyone used to a new character and new names. Because I know from experience that it doesn't work well and you loose more players because of it.

So personally I say keep it because it'll be a HUGE help for me down the road. It also means I can turn a dropped character into an NPC that I myself can play if the player choose to leave and I really need that character.

I mean sure it is the intellectual property of the player, but it is also the property of the role play itself. You can't just take that away from the RP and the players. I mean if you're leaving you're also giving up the rights to play that character in that RP and it is only fair that we, the players, are able to continue without you by allowing someone else to continue playing the character where you left off.

Also nothing is stopping anyone from cloning the character to be played elsewhere. I mean you still retain the rights to that character, you still get to keep him/her, but at the same time the RP itself can keep its characters and continue a story without faltering.

You make me kinda divided on it. I do think that at the very least, if a character hasn't made any posts or been approved yet, they should be removed from the game entirely by default. You make some really good points. Maybe the player can choose to leave it for other players, or it gets put in the GM's hands and they can unlock it for other players.

But at the very least, unapproved and unused characters shouldn't linger against their player's wishes.

Oh I agree and unapproved and unused character should just be nixed. But if you're playing a key character and you've been there a while and decide "oh I don't feel like doing this RP anymore" it's fair to let someone else take over. No point in single handed killing an RP because you want to leave. I also think it may alleviate some guilt of leaving knowing the RP won't die because someone else can pickup where you left off.

Yeah, that's true. Still, I think it should be something the GM controls rather than just throwing it out there. That way the GM can decide if they need the character, instead of someone just being lazy, playing your character, and completely bastardizing them.

But who is to say the GM won't bastardize them?

No one, really. But at least then the GM gets to decide whether to open it up/who to give it to, instead of just anyone in the roleplay being able to take it over.

To use your example, say it's a major plot character/villain, gets abandoned, then the least active, worst roleplayer in the group nabs it. It defeats the whole point.

True `nough. So give the option to the GM and not leave it just random, nilly willy open to everyone . . . but keep the feature because it's useful. *nods* ?

Yeah, that'd be a pretty reasonable solution. Along with the automatic deletion if it was never used/approved.

Sorry to butt in but... it may not be by default, but the GM can delete characters, right? So if you want to leave and don't want to leave your character up for grabs, you can ask the GM and they can decide if it's "appropriate" for said character to just disappear or something.
    I'm also a bit divided on that feature, but I figured if I ever really really wanted my character deleted I could just nag the GM. XD

(ooc)

now that I look around (and I may have completely missed what I'm talking about) but maybe under the Art section have a place were people can discus what type of art they use or draw and such without having to post any of their art work. Plus there could be tips posted there by the member artists to help others and give tips on how to get started on drawing and people could do a thread were they can post links to their accounts on sites that host their artwork if they want to share it (so that I can stalk some people from here on DA if they have an account).

Autosave feature in the full-featured games, for the text boxes? So you don't potentially lose all your work? xD

Posted on behalf of poor Rialla. :P

Autosave feature in the full-featured games, for the text boxes? So you don't potentially lose all your work? xD

Firefox has an addon that does that for you. I do not know what it's called though.
    Zone District

"The journey is more important than the destination"

Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    Firefox has an addon that does that for you. I do not know what it's called though.
    are you talking about Lazarus as the Firefox add-on?

There is/was meant to be one, not sure what happened to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brook V View Post
    Doesn't help much if you don't use Firefox! >D

I just wanted to note that I am totally paying attention to this thread. When I get home I intend to compile a list of the suggestions and either ask more questions about what people would like these features to be like or write up my own concept for them (which I'd figure would mostly be directly from suggestions here that don't need clarification/elaboration xD).

Please feel free to continue suggesting things. Even if it's not something we can do right away, it can be put on the wishlist of future features.
    Maneki Neko
    "To respect the (shark)cat is the beginning of the aesthetic sense."
    - Erasmus Darwin