Login to your account

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What can we do for you?

I thought it made sense! I really like the idea of it getting the label inactive if it hasn't been posted in for three months. I also like the idea of being able to revive it. Maybe it's just a simple check mark in the managing accounts section? Idk.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Co-GMs.
    So, being a co-GM... it's not as cool as I was hoping. I can't add places/worlds/ooc threads or edit place names/images/captions. Is there anyway to give the co-GM more GM-like powers? Maybe not the ability to delete stuff, but definitely the power to add or edit things? Would make co-hosting a game ten times easier than having to pm the other person with "oh and here's another update."

Would be neat to see a way to really co-GM something - where two GMs can run the game and can edit the overview/rules/characters/locations/etc.

- hangouts -

Clumsy Apprentice The Epic Geek's Avatar
    I more or less have a question that I've been wondering.

Gaiaonline allowed this to some of the users, but I don't know if this site also allows this.

Is there a way to ask to have one's username changed? >.>
    I don't want to create another account, with a new name, since I have everything on here, plus my rank in posting.
    So I was wondering if there is a way to have ones username changed to something else?

"Who said Bunnies were cute and fluffy~?"

There sure is! I have the power to change usernames, so just send me a message if you'd like a new one. As long as the name isn't explicit and no one else has already registered an account with it, then you can change your name as often as you'd like.

I would love to see a way to split ONExONE roleplays from GROUP roleplays. Similar to the [Hiatus] and [Active] tags or the [Open] or [Closed] ones. Only these would say [Private] and [Public]. Is such a thing possible? I'm noticing right now that there are a ton of private roleplays and it would just be nice to "weed them out" from the public ones.

Just a suggestion

- hangouts -

Done!

The only thing about these new prefixes is that you'll have to choose between Public/Private or Active/Hiatus/Closed. It isn't possible to have two different prefixes for these two different categorizations. So no matter what, even if you actively use a prefix when editing your thread, people will still have to check the title or front page for all the information.

Is there a way to reduce the wait-time between posts so that a follow-up post won't merge with the former? I understand the logic behind merging posts, but it's just rather inconvenient to have to wait roughly two hours between posts to avoid the merge.

Or, perhaps, this issue only really affects me since I tend to format / store my content in a way that requires multiple posts versus putting everything into one, giant post.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Quote Originally Posted by joonsexual View Post

Is there a way to reduce the wait-time between posts so that a follow-up post won't merge with the former? I understand the logic behind merging posts, but it's just rather inconvenient to have to wait roughly two hours between posts to avoid the merge.

Or, perhaps, this issue only really affects me since I tend to format / store my content in a way that requires multiple posts versus putting everything into one, giant post.

I like this idea! On Mene there's a way to override the system by checking a box. Maybe something like that can be incorporated, if that's easier.

- hangouts -

I'm afraid that this site is set up to be all-or-nothing. There currently isn't a way to make merging optional or occasional. So at least for the moment, I'm afraid that feature will have to stay as is.

That change is something that we can keep in mind for the future, though!

Is there anyway to sort members by join date? I want to know who's been on the site the longest! It would also help to know who was new (especially when multiple people join on the same day).

- hangouts -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    Is there anyway to sort members by join date? I want to know who's been on the site the longest! It would also help to know who was new (especially when multiple people join on the same day).
    Well if you actually took a few seconds to look around the site you'd have looked here: Member List - Advance Search

:\ That still doesn't show me what I want to see. I don't want to have to click everyone's name to see their official join date.

I guess it's better than nothing though.

P.S. Not everyone has time to search the site that thoroughly. In all honestly, I didn't even see that option. Doesn't make me lazy. Just means I wasn't looking for that options. Either way, isn't this spot supposed to be here to help people out who aren't familiar with every aspect of the site? What people post here shouldn't be judged as "lazy" or "stupid." We ask genuine questions and suggest things we think would be neat. No one should be judged negatively for their input, especially if it's for the betterment of the site.
    Last edited by Xavirne; 08-23-2013 at 07:34 PM.

- hangouts -

:\ That still doesn't show me what I want to see. I don't want to have to click everyone's name to see their official join date.
    Yes it does. Just go to the bottom of that page order the result by join date (accending) and search. Top of the list is the first person to join, bottom of the list is the most recent person to join. No, it doesn't show the date, but obviously the chart isn't setup to show date. So you get to do some leg work and click a name. But it does show you, it does order them by join date.

I'm very much aware of how ascending and descending order work. -_-; I was simply stating that I wanted to see a date list on the table itself. And I'm lazy. I don't want to click names. If I wanted to do that, I wouldn't have asked the question. Lol.

Only reason I wanted this info was for my own curiosity. I wanted to know who was around back when it started. I also wanted to see if they were still active.

- hangouts -

Then you do the search and the person you want to see the date of you click it. Not hard, takes 0.1 seconds to click a name and look. If it's just a curiosity thing, curiosity solved don't be lazy and click your mouse.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

I guess it's better than nothing though.

P.S. Not everyone has time to search the site that thoroughly. In all honestly, I didn't even see that option. Doesn't make me lazy. Just means I wasn't looking for that options. Either way, isn't this spot supposed to be here to help people out who aren't familiar with every aspect of the site? What people post here shouldn't be judged as "lazy" or "stupid." We ask genuine questions and suggest things we think would be neat. No one should be judged negatively for their input, especially if it's for the betterment of the site.
    It took me less than a minute to find that page Xavirne (I would say about 10 seconds). You don't need to get all butthurt, and act like some kind of poor victim; BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO BE VICTIMIZED DAMN IT.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Also don't go editing your post to make yourself out as some kind of victim after you said you were lazy (not I, you called yourself lazy first). Please and thank you.

Boo. You can't add attachments to PMs. D: Probably for the better though....

(Erm, this is not a suggestion for something to do! I was simply just stating it here as I was going to PM something with attachments but couldn't. So rather than cluttering up this page -- and yes, I am too lazy to turn them into URLs/IMGs -- I'm just going to forget about it. Not worth the effort or the hassle.

I also wasn't expecting this to post. But apparently I hit the post button regardless of trying to leave the page. Oops. XD)
    Last edited by Xavirne; 08-23-2013 at 08:09 PM.

- hangouts -

I must be the only special kid with this problem, but how do you reload auto saved content? I spent over an hour writing a message only to accidentally leave the page. I was comforted by the knowledge that the site has an auto save feature, only to discover I had no idea how to actually retrieve the saved message. A search of the forum's FAQ as well as this very thread revealed that exactly nobody else has had this issue. But I still can't figure out how to do it. Help?

Was this a PM that you were writing? I'm afraid that the "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder" option only works when you send the message. Simply typing it out isn't enough for the site to save your copy - The message is only stored once you send it. Sorry!

As for the forums, once you navigate back to the page/thread you were typing in, there should be a small option in the lower left-hand corner of the post box:

This option should be there until you either navigate away from the website, close your browser or clear your cache. It's fairly time sensitive, since this site doesn't have enough memory to store infinite posts for each member, so it's something that you would have had to catch right away.

It was indeed a PM. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

I know I've said this before, but a way to sort group vs. private full-feature roleplays would be awesome. There are so few group ones that it's hard to find them in the sea of private stories. x_x

- hangouts -

^What Xavi said, but also is it possible to code/have a feature where you can preview your posts in a full-fledged RP before submitting them? If there is one I can't seem to find it :C
    Last edited by Cows Go Moo; 03-16-2014 at 05:34 AM.
    Current Status: Trying to be an adult but still lurking and whatnot.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Battlenet => Smallkine#1325
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    RPNation => Yandere Self Aware
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

I know I've said this before, but a way to sort group vs. private full-feature roleplays would be awesome. There are so few group ones that it's hard to find them in the sea of private stories. x_x
    I'd absolutely be in favor of this, it's just a shame that instituting the change would require re-coding certain aspects of the site. But this is something that can be kept in mind for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Cows Go Moo View Post
    ^What Xavi said, but also is it possible to code/have a feature where you can preview your posts in a full-fledged RP before submitting them? If there is one I can't seem to find it :C
    That option isn't currently available within RPs, but remember that you still have the forums at your disposal. It might be a bit tedious to copy-paste a post in the forums before actually posting it in an RP, but you can use the preview option without actually posting it, see what everything looks like, then transfer the material over. It's a bit better than nothing.

Hi, I thought maybe that there might be a simpler way of figuring out why people go to certain role-plays over others. Would you please add an option that orders the full-feature role-plays according to how many role-players are in it? It would be helpful to compare and see what might have drawn people.
    "Ew. Did you check to see what date this raw milk expires?"
    "Yeah, what happened?"
    "I found a curd."
    "Did you shake it?"
    "No."
    "It's the cream. The fat floats to the top."
    "Oh, I just thought it was Bridgid's backwash the first couple of times."
    "Wait, why didn't you say 'ew' when you thought that?"

That would be awesome! Not sure if it should be my unique usernames or the number of characters, but it's a neat idea.

- hangouts -

Quote Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
    Hey guys, since Neko is predisposed on her vacation, I thought I'd jump in and see if I could get some feedback on how we can help you, help the site grow. Right now, I believe we are the most advanced roleplay engine around, and we have the nicest bunch of users too!

So, here are some feeder questions to help get the feedback juices running:

What can we do, to make it easier for you to share your roleplays?

Whats the #1 reason your rp buddies won't join wtf?

If we had a roleplay importer tool, which site(s) would you like to be able to import your roleplays from?

Would you like to be able to use your facebook account, for a quick login/signup?

Would you advertise wtf in your signatures? If not, why?

Whats your favorite feature here? Is there anything we are missing that other sites already have?

Can we make it easier to start a rp? What about helping with ideas?

Would you like an off-topic forum? Can we do anything to make it more fun here?

Any other comments, opinions, complaints, praise?
    I thought it prudent to come back to these questions and answer them with a new perspective.

What can we do, to make it easier for you to share your roleplays?
    A prefix system to give RPs a prefix at the beginning of the game to help with identification, but more importantly for filtering.

For example this site [example] uses thread prefixes and you are able to quickly identify threads as well as filter them by clicking the desired pre-fix at the top of the thread.

Whats the #1 reason your rp buddies won't join wtf?
    The biggest complaint I get some most people I try to invite over is the sites theme. I think we could really use a new theme, or an option to select different themes. Leave the current theme as default but the option to change it for those that would like to use a different theme.

The second complaint are some of the broke features. Such as profiles, the main block (where your icon appears) always defaults to the sites gray regardless of what color and sometimes image you put in the option box. Having those things fixed would really help the overall appeal.

If we had a roleplay importer tool, which site(s) would you like to be able to import your roleplays from?
    Google documents, both as an RP importer but also as a general tool for the existing roleplays on the site.
    It provides an amazing platform to plan roleplays as a group in real time.

Whats your favorite feature here? Is there anything we are missing that other sites already have?
    My favorite feature is and always will be the full feature RP system. My only complaint with it right now is the lack of prefixes to help filter, and a porper tagging system that also allows filtering. The current tag page is both hard to find if you don't know where to look, but once you're there it is a general clusterfuck to navigate.

So a better tag system more organized, and a prefix system for filtering existing and future games (rps).
    Last edited by Strude; 11-07-2014 at 08:56 PM.

What prefixes would you be interested in seeing, Strude? We may not be able to create something quite like the example you linked, but some additional filter options might be possible in the future.

I think basic genre prefixes:

Fantasy
    Science Fiction
    Steampunk
    Slice-of-Life
    Dice (for DND/Table Top style games)
    Academy / School
    Supernatural
    Horror
    Mystery

As well as some status/type options:

Group
    One on One
    Open
    Closed
    Hiatus
    Full (in place of closed, this leave the possibility of it having free slots later, less final that closed).

Users can choose whether they want a prefix to filter them by genre or by game type/status, depending on the prefix they use obviously.

Thanks! I'll keep that on record and see what we can do to help.