Login to your account

Thread: OOC : Ideas

Humble Farmer With a Sword EisforEnigma's Avatar
    Here we can post idea we get to discuss!

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

From what I recall of our Thanksgiving discussion, we came up with a few things, including a new character.

Violetta was one of the masterminds behind the events that transpired beneath the College of Winterhold. She was a rival of Matric's for intelligence, though there's a chance he didn't know it at the time. There's a chance they weren't even there at the same time. She was good at hiding her motivations, her true strengths - and to some extent, her madness. She was directly responsible for the trauma that made Niel who he is today, physically and psychologically.

She is one of the primary reasons Matric lost his faith in people entirely. In his hunt for the Heart of Lorkhan, they crossed paths, and she lead him to believe that they were both after great power. There's a chance they WERE looking for the same thing, and that in the process she found a lead on another power source - the remains of Potema, the Wolf Queen of legend. We haven't settled on the exact circumstances. I proposed she took Matric's candidate for godhood and corrupted him/her, but I recall you proposing Matric wanted to elevate HIMSELF to godhood. We'll have to see which is true. Regardless, Violette betrayed him. But there is a small chance that he doesn't know that it was her doing - he may even believe her dead at this point.

Heh. Perhaps there's a chance SHE was the person he wanted to raise to godhood - she convinced him she'd be a worthy candidate. Then lead him to believe she had died to get away with whatever scheme she'd been running.

Regardless, she returns once more in Potema's train. Though Matric doesn't know it, she is the one sending Necromancers to recruit him to the summoning. He was always the most powerful Necromancer she knew. All he had to do was embrace the idea that he could accomplish ANYTHING if he set his mind to it - like tether the long-dead empress' spirit to an already living body.

Perhaps Violetta was as enchanted as he was with the idea of a mortal-made-divine, and has been aspiring to it on her own terms - taking in the soul of an empress to amass her power. I do have theories about mortal bodies as soul gems I could play with for this. But I envision her being a big antagonistic player in this, and maybe even a later ally against the rogue spirit.

One thing I remember being important was that she had knowledge. She had devoted herself to study, rooted out long-lost or protected tomes, spoken to ancient spirits with wisdom long forgotten (wow she's probably a Hermaeus Mora follower now that I think on it, which... fits, weirdly, because he's involved in that Puzzle Box quest in Skyrim that is theorized to be about Lorkhan's Heart) - and with all of this knowledge, she could give Matric the lead he needs to pursue his own goals. Not just that; she could help him unravel the mystery of his new friend, the reluctant vampire. She has more power than she knows. And all of it could be yours. All you need to do is help me with this one little thing.

Oh my I have an idea for what that is. Capture the soul somewhere it could never escape.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/T...ck_Star_(Item)
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/M...g_Bal_(Skyrim)

Quest time! :3
    Last edited by EisforEnigma; 11-25-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Points covered in our discussion:

>The necromancers meet Mathic in Morthal and ask him to meet them outside the town.
    >The leader of the trio is hostile towards Mathic and views him as a threat to the project (and his relationship with his unnamed 'Master')
    -->I think Violetta planned this, to test the power of her new recruit or to test to see if Mathic has still 'got it'. Either way, a problem is taken care of for her.
    >Grace springs into action during the battle and nearly turns her blade (and fangs) on Mathic - before he stops her with reason. You want to take them all down? You're going to need me. You have no idea what's going on.
    -->Grace has been tracking necromancers for a while now. She can see they've been mobilizing and she essentially has a list of those either drawn in or disposed of by the new order, which Mathic can use to put together an idea of the scale of what's going down.
    -->Mathic got from the recruiters (before they were slaughtered) that their goal was to awaken a powerful entity. Perhaps not the Wolf Queen Potema by name, but Mathic would have a far better idea than Grace of who that might be - even if he believes Potema's resurrection is impossible. (Once he finds out that IS who they're after, his mind may inexplicably be drawn to his late former lover - if that was a relationship you think they might have pursued.)
    >Because the necromancers used one of Mathic's old names, specifically one that he used in the College, he'll know that the folk associated with this are people from the Midden incident. Real crazies. (Perhaps he DID know Violetta there, just didn't know the depths of her depravity at the time. She was just one more young mind, full of ambition, who admired him for his way of thinking.)

>Mathic is the lead to Niel, and whatever other folk may have survived the Midden incident. If he hasn't been keeping tabs on them, he'll know who has. That, or he has access to a powerful Clairvoyance spell (an actual spell in Skyrim).
    -->I kinda like this idea. Since Grace no longer has access to traditional magic - and her new brand requires a lot of blood - this would be hugely useful to her.

Stuff we talked about today (over freedom fries):

>Niel's friend (as of yet to be named) has the ability to see people's deepest, darkest secrets via skin-to-skin contact. It is (physically/spiritually/emotionally?) taxing. The person she touches does not share this vision.
    >Possibility: she came to Niel to get the ability under control/eliminated. (Possible it's been acting up as of late, perhaps in response to worldly goings-on?)
    >Possibility: she and Violetta are connected by Hermaeus Mora, the Daedric Prince of Knowledge (also Fate and Memory).
    >Idea: She was one of the Midden experiments but doesn't remember because she was a baby.
    >Idea: She touched one of the people responsible for the Midden or who had been tracking folk down and in this way learned not only Niel's location but also Mathic's and Violetta's - as well as whatever other Midden members we can think of.
    >She intends to (or was asked to) touch Violetta to find out where Potema's bones are located (can she selectively paw through secrets the longer she touches them?) but Violetta seems to know and avoids her touch (except for the hair episode; which is a ruse possibly in the case of both individuals).
    >Speaking of the hair thing, once Niel freaks out after seeing them together, she runs after him and he asks if she really wants to know - then touches her, showing her the hell Violetta put him through in the Midden.
    >Grace: Her worst secret is possibly that she returned to her order once, and was only spared because an old friend vouched for her. She was locked away for a long time. Too long. When her friend came to check on her she was in the throes of her painful cravings. He tried to relieve/free her, and she lost herself and consumed him.
    >Discussion: Souls and the undead. I believe that the resurrected come back without their souls. That souls can become ghosts. Or perhaps that ghosts are residual energies left after death. Grace is unusual (and Mathik cannot control her) because she is still in possession of her own soul. Either this is common among Vampire Lords, or she is also the result of some hybrid experiment from the Midden (or rather, the childe of one).
    Last edited by EisforEnigma; 12-14-2016 at 05:11 AM.