Login to your account

Playing With Fire

Fire doesn't burn if you're already dead ► Private Roleplays for lmaokickit & Nethereal; trespassers will be torched......

Tags: 1x1, private

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Closed

Creator: Nethereal

Created: 09-12-2015, 04:31 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 31 to 60 of 100

1. Characters in this post:
    "Sure, wh—" Brynn was cut off by her demand. He raised an eyebrow at the girl's obvious desire for popcorn, the bad kind with too much going on and not enough salt, but smiled nonetheless, if only in silent laughter at her crappy eating habits. Even better that she wanted a whole tub of the stuff to herself, anyway, she'd keep her hands off his food. He'd buy her two large popcorns with all the butter she wanted if it would keep her quiet and away from his nachos.

"And a soda?" Brynn repeated, feigning shock. "A diet one, I hope. It's summer, Alex, don't blame me when you've gotten yourself chubby on greed and can't fit into your bikinis. But then again, maybe a little weight would help give you some curves. God knows you need it." He sauntered past, giving her a light pat on the shoulder as he did, with another long swig of his beer. "I'll get you whatever, go crazy if you want, I'm in the spending mood today. I'll take a quick shower—no peeking, you perv'—and we can go. Take the time to change into clothes that aren't five years old if you want, though I'm kinda guessing you won't."

2. Characters in this post:
    Alex rolled her eyes at his statement, biting back her own remark about how she wasn't the one who needed to watch their weight. "Well, Brynn, I could change if you'd at least tell me where I'm supposed to be staying during my time here. I mean, sure, I could just hang out in the living room all the time, change there too, I'm sure you'd love that. I'd prefer not to, though. It's your choice, I suppose." She shrugged slightly, picking her bag back up from where he'd set it.

3. Characters in this post:
    LANA
    "Hey, Raine, I'm Lana. Nice to see you. Again." Lana's expression re-hardened as she glanced over the girl's faint smile. The woman made it pretty hard to stay angry at her when all she was doing was smiling and apologizing, but she managed. "Oh, would he?" She asked, her tone faux-pleasant. "I'm sure he cares, yeah, could definitely see it with the way he treated me like his conquest. Brand new slam piece. Maybe when he actually apologizes, y'know, we can move on to the whole 'buying me a new phone' matter. And oh, trust me, he's getting me a new one."

Her fingers grasped at the pair of shorts that were hiding under her pillow, dragging them on with the usual little dance to get them comfortably settled on her hips. "But anyway, look, if you're staying here for more than a month, I guess it's in my best interest to not hate you, as difficult as that is. I like your hair. It's, uh, nice."

4. Characters in this post:
    Raine practically winced with the word conquest. True, she knew what her brother was like better than anyone, but she did prefer not to think about what he did behind closed doors; it really wasn't her business. Or at least, she didn't want it to be.
    She perked up slightly, though, when Lana complemented her hair, smile reappearing as she absently ran fingers through her hair to fix any strands that had been blown out of place. "Thank you! Your hair's pretty nice too, though." It really was, while her hair was a similar length, it was a much blunter cut, something Raine knew from experience she couldn't pull off well. The girl's softer features worked well with the style, though.
    --
    Ray sighed, wishing he'd dropped his stuff off at his dorm before going to drop Raine off. It wasn't like the bags were too heavy for him, of course. It was really just a nuisance to have to keep carrying them around. Not that he had to worry about it much longer, seeing as he was standing outside his dorm room. He didn't bother knocking, pushing the door open with the less laden down arm, dropping his bags before glancing around. He'd need to unpack quickly, then call Raine, he'd already promised her that he would as soon as he'd settled in. That thought was quickly pushed from his mind, though, when his eyes landed on the boy already in the room. The one who'd been checking out his sister. Wasn't that great.

5. Characters in this post:
    "I thought I'd told you the living room is fine. Nothing I've never seen before, not that I'll even be here to see it. What are you hiding, anyway? Your cute little A cups? Well, I guess you have nice enough legs, but I'd flaunt whatever I could if I were you." The male gave a soft chuckle at what he thought was a good way to reclaim lost ground (he could still feel his cheeks tingling at the thought of her blushing). He hoped they'd formed some sort of silent agreement—'I won't mention your blush if you don't bring up mine, and we'll go along with our usual. '

"But anyway, there's a guest room upstairs. The one on the left, okay? The right is my room, and I'm sure you wouldn't to suffer with me or anything that reminds you of me more than you need to. Five minutes. At least, you know, try. Fix that stray strand of hair while you're at it." With that, Brynn jogged upstairs, retreating into the bathroom beside his bedroom, the one reserved for all the 'necessities' he didn't understand how his parents lived without.

6. Characters in this post:
    Alex gave him a few seconds to practically run up the stairs before she followed after, taking the directions to the guest room. She pushed the door open and collapsed on the bed, not bothering to get ready yet. For Brynn, five minutes meant a lot closer to thirty, and she wouldn't need more than two to make sure she was presentable enough for the outside world. After all, it wasn't like they were going on a date or anything, no need to look nice. She pulled her phone from her pocket, scrolling through her contacts until she found the name she was looking for. She hesitated before hitting the call button, pressing the device to her ear, not having to wait long before the familiar voice spoke in her ear.
    "Well, well, look who decided to call."
    Alex practically winced at her friend's cool tone. "Clara-"
    "Are you finally so bored that you decided to call your so-called best friend, or do you need something."
    So she was mad. "Clara, listen, I'm really-"
    "Where are you, anyway?"
    "Uh..."
    "What, you're not even gonna tell me where you are? I know you're not home, I saw you leave. What, you're at your boyfriend's or girlfriend's or whoever's house?"
    "No! I don't even have-" She cut herself, shaking her head before trying again. "Christ, would you listen to-"
    "Nope. I'm still mad at you. You've barely spoken to me for months, Alex, and I'm tired of it. I know you're struggling but you can't just shut everyone out."
    "I'm trying-"
    "Not hard enough."
    She flopped back onto the bed with a groan, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Would you please just let me apologize?"
    "I'm listening."
    "I'm sorry for being an awful friend and ignoring you-"
    "As you should be."
    "Clara!"
    "Carry on."
    Another groan. "As I was saying, and ignoring you even when you were trying to help me." Silence. "Do you forgive me?"
    A pause from Clara's end, a tired sounding sigh. "That was the worst apology I've ever heard."
    "It's not like I apologize often."
    "Isn't that the truth. I guess I kinda forgive you-"
    "Thank god!"
    "But I'm still angry." Alex started to groan again, though she was cut off by a sharp, "Don't you groan at me!"
    "Sorry."

7. Characters in this post:
    LANA
    And with that, all memory of being angry was flung out the window. "Oh, thanks. I got it done a few weeks ago, I was getting a bit tired of the whole messy ponytail thing, and buns don't look that great on me." Lana plopped onto the other girl's bed, motioning for her bags in what was some sort of offer to help unpack. Her lips settled for something nowhere near a smile, but just a little quirk above a straight line, wide eyes betraying an otherwise calm expression. "Yours must take a lot of effort, though. I'm too lazy to do much with this, even brushing it in the morning is a g'damn bother."

JEANE
    The loud thud of dropped bags alerted Jeane to the new arrival. The brunette sighed, peeking at the boy (as much of him as he could see, actually) over the edge of the couch. Just his luck, it was the kid from earlier who was with that almost-beauty (if only she wasn't 8 feet tall). "Hello," He purred, kneeling on the cushions and turning around for a better view. Arms resting on the couch, bright amber eyes trailed noticeably down, up, then down again as he took in the boy's build. He finally met his roommate's eyes, opting for as innocent an expression as he could muster. "I'm Jeane. You can come to me if there's anything you desire, I'll be happy to help."

8. Characters in this post:
    Raine's face lit up as she flashed a quick grin. "It looks really cute, though! I bet you looked good with long hair, too." She paused briefly to study the girl again, mentally replacing the bob with a messy bun- yeah, very cute. "And yeah, it does, but I've had it like this for so long that I'm used to it." She shrugged carelessly, unzipping the first of her bags. "I mean, it's just a few more minutes to the morning routine, you know?"
    --
    Ray's eyes narrowed slightly at his roommate's words, staring the smaller boy down, ignoring the boy's attempt at innocence. "Jason, was it? I'm Ray. And the only thing I 'desire' is to know where I should put my stuff." His eyes studied the boy for a moment longer before sweeping over the room, quickly taking in the place he'd be living until he and Raine figured out who was killing people and moved on. Hopefully, something they could settle quickly.

9. Characters in this post:
    LANA
    "A 'few more minutes' is just what I always need to get to class just before the prof," Lana replied, giving a half-assed attempt at a shrug. "But hey, I'm not one to talk about morning routines, mine's literally a quick shower, grabbing some clothes and brushing my hair for two seconds. Breakfast if all my classes are after 10. Reminds me, can you cook?"

Swinging her legs off the bed, Lana drew open the dusty, cramped closet on Raine's side of the room, white doors folding together as she pushed them aside. "Thanks. Flattery will get you everywhere. Believe me, I'm never growing it out again, though. Doesn't get in the way like this. Oh, since it's your first day on campus, I'll show you all the good places to eat tonight—long as you pay for your own food, my budget doesn't like when I treat people with anything but ramen, sorry."

JEANE
    "Wow, you're even dumber than you look. Jeane. It's Jeane." He couldn't help a smirk at the boy's obvious attempt at antagonizing him, but really, the kid was nothing but cute. He'd always had a thing for the bad boys, after-all, and this one just screamed trouble—just the way he liked 'em.

"That's a pretty simple wish, if you ask me. Don't waste them on things like that. Anywhere you want. There's a free bed there," the brunette gave a quick gesture to said free bed "but, there's space over on mine, too. Long as you keep your belongings out of my way, and out of my sight, it's alright." The olive-skinned male hopped daintily off the couch, rolling the numbness out of his shoulders, then hurried his way over to his bottle, carefully placing the translucent glass back into his bag-pack and away from prying eyes.

10. Characters in this post:
    Raine started putting her clothing away, tilting her head to the side slightly in response to Lana's question. "Hmm. I'd say I'm a pretty decent cook." Her first bag was emptied quickly and she got to work on the second. "And yeah, that sounds great!" She glanced back at the brunette again, smiling.
    --
    Ray lifted an eyebrow at the boy's attempts to tease him, his lips curving into a very faint frown. "My own bed will be fine, Jake." He lifted his bags back up easily, bringing them over to the bed and unpacking them wordlessly, barely sparing Jeane a glance. He was shoving something into his bag, not that Ray cared that much, it was probably just a half-finished bottle of alcohol or some other thing the kid was too young to have. He returned his attention to his bags, haphazardly shoving his clothing into the closet.

11. Characters in this post:
    "Alex? Come on, I'm ready," the male called. He ran the brush through his hair a few more times, trying to comb out the 'I just washed and straightened this' look. Sure, the 'I'm ready' thing might have been a bit of a lie, but he was half-way in the hallway (still leaning on his door, shirt in hand, cologne still damp on his skin) and she wasn't. "Hurry up."

Brynn carefully dragged the tee over his head, whispering a silent prayer that it didn't mess up the hair he had just managed to get perfect. He was reminded once again that he had managed to grow just a bit this summer as the shirt stopped short above his light jeans, not that he was in the mood to care about a tiny peek of his stomach, but he ducked back into his room to tie a jacket around his waist and 'fix' it either way.

Again, into the hallway, and the redhead wasn't there. His eyes trailed lazily over the walls he'd grown up seeing, the painfully cheesy family pictures decorating them, and the dying plants he was supposed to be watering. Usually, the house smelled like air freshener and his parents' cooking (probably pasta and lots of sauce if it was his dad in the kitchen), but now, in a testament to his parents' absense, it smelled like him—an improvement, really. He could get used to this.

And he would if Alex took another year to get out. Sure, he'd only been waiting for like, two minutes, but it wasn't like she was actually getting changed or anything. Or maybe she was? So what if she is? Not like it'd help her. . .She'd look good in a skirt, maybe, not like she'd wear one. But, the boyish look does fit her. . .kinda.

12. Characters in this post:
    Alex glanced at the door when Brynn called for her to hurry up, lips pressed into a tight line. "Give me ten seconds, you-"
    "Who was that?"
    Alex's eyes widened, realizing Clara was still on the line. "Uh. It was-"
    "That sounded an awful lot like Brynn."
    "Wh- No! No. I would never- I mean, why would I be at his house, I can't stand him!"
    "I never said you were at his house." Alex didn't need to see her friend to hear the smirk that somehow managed to carry through even phone conversations. She squeezed her eyes shut, letting out yet another low groan as her friend chirped, "Busteeeeeeeeeed."
    "Oh, leave it. I'm stuck here because apparently our parents are still friends and I'm an untrustworthy individual."
    "I mean, you are."
    "Clara."
    "You know I'm right."
    Alex combed her fingers through her hair to straighten it out as she swung open to door to glare at Brynn, as he was absolutely to blame for the relentless teasing she was sure to receive from Clara over the next year or so. "Whether or not you're right has nothing to do with anything." She glanced him up and down quickly to take in the outfit- She was most definitely not checking him out -before continuing, "Anyway, I'm gonna have to call you back later, kay love you bye!" She hurriedly hung up before Clara could argue with her, flipping it to silent before shoving her phone in her pocket. Another quick glance at Brynn's outfit before, "Jacket around the waist? The hell is this, 1995?"

13. Characters in this post:
    "Shut up. Vintage is in, anyway, not that you'd know anything about current style. And I'm not some trend obsessed middle schooler, you can tell by the way I'm taller than 5 feet." Brynn turned away from his tiny tag-along, just in case his cheeks decided to betray him again anytime soon. "I thought you were going to change into something cute. Or, you know, something decent," He mumbled on the way down the stairs, not pausing to make sure the redhead was still alive and following. Even better if she was delaying, though, as she wouldn't see when he hurriedly untied the jacket and left it on the couch as he passed—it wasn't as if he particularly cared what Alex thought, but it clashed with his jeans. He was fit enough to show a little stomach, anyway, it just meant he couldn't stuff himself with three medium nachos.

He'd settle for a single large, extra cheese, and a water. "Who was that on the phone, anyway? Your one friend, Clara? 'Kay, love you, bye!' I didn't know the Alex was capable of 'love.' Here, get in." Out of the goodness of his heart, he opened the car door for Alex, mostly to make sure she didn't break it off when she did it herself. "I still can't believe he took my baby, to just abandon her at some lame airport parking lot no less." He stepped back to glance over the car, the same make as the other, but a dull, worn 'electric' blue that just didn't have the same beauty.

Brynn sighed, sauntering to the other side and plopping into the driver's seat. A quick pat of his pockets reassured him that he had all the necessities—wallet, phone, keys, comb. He checked himself in the mirror, making sure there were no life-threatening spots on his face and that his lips weren't dry and his hair still a-okay. "Alright, you haven't left anything, have you? Your emotions? Oh, wait, you don't have those."

14. Characters in this post:
    Alex's mouth fell open slightly at the veritable hailstorm of insults thrown her way, seemingly without cause. She hadn't said anything worse than her usual insults, nothing that would really set him off this way. Her fingers curled into fists, mouth shutting again as a reflex of a clenched jaw and gritted teeth, her face darkening again in anger. Still, she followed him down the stairs and out to the car, barely even flinching at the words thrown her way.
    Her eye twitched, the urge to tell him to shove a sock in it before shutting herself back into the room and locking the door nearly too great to resist. But no, she'd been promised popcorn and a soda, she had to stick this out. She slammed the car door shut after sliding in, the next words falling out of her mouth before she could stop them. "So I'm the one without emotions? Christ, if only your face was decent enough to make up for your personality, then this might actually be worth it."

15. Characters in this post:
    He leaned back into the comfortable seats, though the calm didn't last long as Alex slammed the door with more strength than he thought she had in that tiny body. She seethed, flames practically dancing in her eyes, and he bit his lip as he came to the realization that maybe, just maybe, he had gone a bit overboard. Their games were meant to hurt, sure, but not hurt. He played with the thought of apologizing, lips parting to mumble some sort of roundabout way to say 'sorry.' No, he should say it right, though that was easier thought than done. "Look, I like your, um, t-sh—w-what?"Out of habit, his eyes flickered to the mirror, taking in his features. He looked fine, what was she talking about? He looked fine. He chewed uneasily on his lower lip, another bad habit that did little good for the appearance he was trying to keep up, brushing back strands behind his ea—no, they looked weird there, they were better if he left them like before. He leaned forward, frantically trying to rearrange his hair to how it was before. It was perfect, why'd he mess with it? He shouldn't have ruined it.

Deep breaths. Brynn half-heartedly attempted to calm his churning thoughts. He needed a distraction. Settling on the task at hand, he started the engine, gripping the steering wheel as if it was a mission determining life or death. He looked fine. Fine. It was okay. What did Alex know, anyway? She wasn't perfect herself. Why should he care what she thought about him when so many other girls would disagree? Why did he care? "Did you have a movie in mind?" He muttered, eyes trained on the road, trying hard not to look back at the mirror. "It's summer, so the lines'll be long. It's better if you don't, um, waste time or anything, else we won't get in on time."

16. Characters in this post:
    His reaction was not lost on her. She tried to ignore him but it was hard, with his constant fidgeting and glancing in the mirror. Why was he doing that? Christ, was he actually hurt by what she'd said? Why would he care? It wasn't like he'd ever given a damn about her opinion, why start now? A pang of something akin to guilt flared in her chest, but she shoved it away hurriedly. Why should she care if he was hurt, he was the one who'd started it. With that in mind, she turned away, eyes fixed out the passenger seat window.
    His words broke the tense silence that had settled between them, but she didn't bother to even look at him, the only response he received a lifted chin and a more concrete resolve to ignore him so he couldn't piss her off even further. After all, she still had to suffer through his company for a while longer before they were in the movie theater and she could drown out his presence with some mindless action sequence.

17. Characters in this post:
    LANA
    "Good, because I've never exactly enjoyed standing in front of a stove for an hour. I know just what pizza to order, though, if you're ever not up for it." Lana couldn't help but smile at the woman, it really wasn't helping that she was practically grinning, and the brunette felt guilty not doing similarly.

"There are good shops on campus and all, but if you go just a bit down the road, all the restaurants there are amazing and, even better, some of them give student discounts. Oh! D'you like ice cream? Of course you do, everyone does. I have some strawberry in the fridge if you're ever up for a midnight snack."

JEANE
    "No need to be so distant, babe. I don't bite, y'know." Jeane skipped happily over to Ray, sitting on the edge of his bed and swinging his legs childishly. "Those look heavy. How much does one person need?" He glanced over his roommate once more; his style was casual, but now that he eyed it up close, undoubtedly expensive. Rich kids were always a bit harder to entice, seeing as the 'all the riches you want' act was out of the question, but having them wrapped around his finger was all the more fun.

He fancied a few more outfits, the man hadn't been shopping anytime recently. Toying with his bracelets—his arms were as bare as they could get, he'd only donned three gold bangles today, out of sheer laziness than anything else—Jeane laid back on the bed, the mattress giving a soft squeak. "I like your shoes. Mind if I borrow them now and then? Maybe we wear the same size."

18. Characters in this post:
    Raine let out a quiet laugh. "That's really sweet of you, Lana, but im a bit more of a chocolate girl myself. Your ice cream is safe." She hurriedly finished unpacking, somehow keeping everything looking tidy despite her rush. Last bag emptied and shoved into the empty space in her closet- she could figure out a more permanent solution for that later, but right now she had something much more interesting to attend to -she returned her attention to the girl. "So, do you wanna head out now, or...?"
    --
    Ray didn't acknowledge the boy jumping onto his bed with anything other than a twitch in his jaw and a slightly more pronounced frown. He didn't know how much more obviously disinterested he could act, yet this idiot kept pestering him. How oblivious could this kid be? He froze, however, when his beloved sneakers were mentioned, finally turning to glower at the boy. "If you value your head, you won't go anywhere near my shoes."

19. Characters in this post:
    LANA
    "Heading out sometime in the next few minutes is fine, we can get you some chocolate ice cream, but I probably should get dressed, first. Just give me a second. Well, not a second, but y'know." Lana slipped off the bed, sauntering over to her own closet, hands smoothing down the more rebellious strands of her hair. She didn't spend long, settling easily on worn boyfriend jeans that had seen better days and a quick change. A hurried grab for her wallet later, Lana marched up to the door, fumbling with the handle for longer than was necessary before opening it to the loud noises of a busy hallway. "Alright, whenever you're ready, babe."

JEANE
    He stifled a soft chuckle when Ray turned to glare at him. Don't touch the sneakers, he got it, and he'd stick to it for as long as he felt like playing nice with this kid. "Nice eyes, I'd love if you could look at me more often," Jeane teased, his usual mischievous smirk playing across his lips. "Well, I think that was a threat, but it's not like I can really tell. After all, it wasn't addressed to me, was it? You were talking to your imaginary friend, 'Jake.' My name is Jeane." The smaller male sat up, hand reaching out to just brush his roommate's cheek . "Learn it."

20. Characters in this post:
    Raine's allowed her feet to swing slightly as she waited for Lana to finish changing, glancing around the room once more. It wouldn't be a bad place to stay for the next few months, at least. Much more simple than what she was used to, of course, but that wasn't necessarily bad. Variety made a long life interesting, anyway. She was pulled from her thoughts when she realized Lana was at the door already, and she hurriedly slid off the bed and followed after the girl.
    --
    Ray jerked his face away from the boy's hand, his glower deepening. "You know full well that I was talking to you, Jared, so allow me to repeat myself. Think of it as a gift, considering I don't have a tendency to give out second chances easily." He fought to keep his lips from pulling into a snarl, no need to bother with a half-baked birth defect excuse right then. "Do not touch my sneakers. Do not go near my sneakers. While we're at it, same rules apply to my sister, all my clothing, my food, and my hair. Do not even think about touching any of those, because I can, and will, take the opportunity to dismember you."

21. Characters in this post:
    JEANE
    "Don't touch your hair? Alright, pretty boy. I get it, you gotta keep up appearances. How long do you spend making sure it's perfect? Do you start your routine the night before? Well, it pays off, so I won't ruin all your hard work. I promise." Jeane moved his hand to the man's shoulder instead—Ray had shyly ran away from his other show of affection, but he liked to get his point across—and gently trailed his fingers down the fabric clinging to his roommate's arm.

"What about you?" He winked, amber eyes doing nothing to hide the excitement his flirty pout betrayed. "Are you off limits too? Because then I might just take my chances with being dismembered, but only if you buy me a drink first."

LANA
    "So. Ice cream then dinner, or dinner then ice cream?" Lana asked as they slipped out the door, backtracking five seconds later when she remembered to lock it. "I mean, I know you're supposed to do food then dessert, but isn't college about rule breaking?" She glanced back at the girl, studying her faces for the telltale signs of 'you talk to much, shut up please' her roommates tended to carry. Well, she hadn't annoyed this one just yet, so she might just push her limits. "So, what you in for, fellow inmate? You're stuck with me for the next few years in our cute little cell. Exciting, huh?"

22. Characters in this post:
    Ray glowered at the boy, more than a little irritated with the fact that he seemed to find riling Ray up a fun game. He didn't bother to pull away again, it was clear this kid was too damn stupid to understand when someone didn't want you around. Hell, the kid was decent enough face-wise, but he was annoying and, more importantly, had checked out his sister, a complete taboo. Even besides that, though, his roommate was so in his face that Ray was honestly considering killing the kid just so he'd be left alone. "I don't know what game you think you're playing, Jea- Jack. I don't know what you think you're doing, but I suggest you cut it out."
    --
    Raine tilted her head in answer to Lana's questioning. "Uh, whichever you want to do first is fine by me." The other question, however, required more thought. Raine and Ray had both entered as undeclared majors, seeing as they'd come with the intention of leaving as soon as possible. However, that wasn't exactly a decent explanation, as that'd raise questions she wasn't going to answer. "I'm undecided, actually. I figured I could figure out what it was I liked most as I went along, I mean, that's what university is supposed to be about, right?" An almost nervous laugh escaped her, forcing her to quickly prompt her roommate with, "What about you?"

23. Characters in this post:
    JEANE
    "Oh! Almost! You can do it. It's 'Jeane', say it for me?"

He leaned forward—just slightly. Of course, his roommate had made it clear that he didn't like strangers in his face (and with an attitude like that, Jeane imagined the list was extended far past people that he hadn't shared any drinks with). The brunette, however, liked to live on the edge, testing his boundaries, tip-toeing the line between 'okay guy' and 'I'm going to kill you.'

"Stop what? We're just having a chat. It's not like I've said anything rude. You're the one pretending you don't know my name." Jeane shrugged off Ray's glowering with a bubbly giggle and grin, quickly looking the man up and down (he was pretty hot when he was irritated; he could get pretty used to seeing that face). "I'll leave if that's what you really want, but I can't tell if you're talking to me or just mumbling to yourself if you don't say my name."

LANA
    "But that's my line! I'm the one showing you around, so it's your choice." Lana skipped down the stairs with ease, too used to them to trip up or be annoyed by the sheer amount of them anymore. She paused at the building entrance to face Raine and reach into her pocket, set a reminder to get back by—oh yeah, no phone. Her knees were still tired from a tiny bit too much showing off in her last game, so she kept the pace as casual as she could playing with the thought of food. Mm, ice cream!

Well, she wouldn't have to worry about a phone bill for a while, so she'd treat herself while she mourned. "Oh, yeah, that sounds fun. I'm going into mechanical engineering. As for why, who knows, but I've always liked cars and pulling things apart. I never thought I'd actually do it, because I like math just as little as everyone else, but here I am. And I'm not dead, yet. Even though I am drowning in work."

24. Characters in this post:
    Ray's next words had to shove their way past clenched teeth and a tight jaw. "I can't make this any more clear: Get the fuck out of my face before I remove yours, Jeane." The name seeped out like venom, black and acidic. "And by out of my face, I mean get about as far away from me as you can. Preferably, you'll leave the dorm-" His glare sharpened, finally turning to look at the nuisance as he continued, "But at the very least, go to the opposite side of the room."
    --
    "Mmm, ice cream first then, I suppose. If it's not any trouble." She grinned at her roommate, she seemed nice enough, if incredibly talkative, but talkative she could do. Easier to deflect questions. "Sounds nice! I mean, I couldn't do math to save my soul-" hah. "But all that really matters is that you like it. Even if you are a little swamped with work." A quiet laugh escaped her, her arms swinging almost childishly at her sides, although the effect probably didn't mix well with her actual appearance.

25. Characters in this post:
    Alex seemed determined to ignore his peace-attempts, and he shouldn't blame her. But Brynn sure as hell was not going to shoulder all of said blame. There was nothing wrong with his jacket and she knew it. Sure, maybe he'd overreacted, but she knew that was out of the silently-agreed-upon bounds. The redhead had intentionally set him off. To try and put him in a bad mood, maybe. The joke was on Sietta, though—he was going to have a good day whether she wanted him to or not.

The dark haired boy pulled into the small parking lot of the nearby cinema. It wasn't anything fancy, kind of worn down, paint chipping off the sides you only saw if you knew where to look. Graffiti taking its place and kids lounging on sweet cars bought with their parent's cash. Of course, his was still the best, even if all he had was this one. Brynn slinked out of the car, wiping his scowl away with a smirk. Not bothering to open the door for Alex, he lit a cigarette while he waited for the girl to get a move on. A few puffs helped settle his mood (somewhat) and he glanced back to glare through the windshield glass at the bane of his existence, looking as annoying as ever.

26. Characters in this post:
    JEANE
    "...Oh." His roommate went from sorta passive to cut-throat scary a bit too quickly for comfort, and it was all Jeane could do to keep his nonchalant smirk. For a second, the jinni thought he might have preferred when Ray was calling him something else. Childishly, he reached up and put his hands on his cheeks, offering his face the protection of thin fingers—he really did like this face. Keeping it for just a bit longer was preferable. It was so perfect, after all, though Ray didn't seem to appreciate its potential.

"Fine. I'll leave you alone. You can come join me once you cool down, though. If you're having a bad day, we could talk about it," Jeane slipped, defeated, from Ray's bed, ambling over to 'his side' of the room. "Though I guess you're not interested, yet." As subtly as he could, the 'young' man grabbed his backpack from under the bed, yanking it open and hugging his bottle protectively. He leaped the few steps to the cupboard beside his closet, placing his treasure gently inside and locking it—with the key. Sure, it was uncomfortable, and stuffy, a bit like he imagined humans suffered with a cold, but precautions had to be taken when your roommate had problems and anger issues.

LANA
    "Of course it isn't. Ice cream it is, we'll get you your chocolate." She returned the smile, opting for something a little less of the 'grin' variety. "Math isn't that bad once you get used to the formulas. That being said, can't say I'm the best at it. And I don't always mind the work itself, more the lack of sleep that gets to me. But that's school, isn't it?"

She watched Raine do her little kid arm-swingy thing for a few more moments, stifling a chuckle before she turned towards the entrance/exit and closer to their ice cream 'meal.' It wasn't too far, even when walking, but it did give her a 7 minutes or so of nothing to fill. Still, she wasn't really sure what to fill it with. "So, important question. Do you like basketball?"

27. Characters in this post:
    Ray took a deep breath to try and calm himself down as his roommate finally moved off his bed and away from him. After all, it wouldn't do him any good to really flip out and have to explain to Raine where exactly his roommate had gotten to and why the walls and floor of his dorm were stained with blood. Relax. He finished unpacking his bags, shoving them under his bed to deal with later before sinking onto the mattress. He buried his face in his hands, trying to keep himself from scrubbing at his face. Another breath. He finally chanced to glance through his fingers at the boy, quickly gauging that he'd scared the kid a bit more than he'd really meant to. Sure, he was a nuisance, but lots of people were. And he couldn't really be mad at him for checking Raine out, either, although he'd certainly like to. The boy hadn't technically done anything wrong. Most importantly, if he called Raine only for her to find out that she'd scared his roommate within their first hour of being on campus, she'd be beyond pissed. She was worried enough about them sticking out as it was. SHe'd make him play nice. He didn't want to play nice, though. What he wanted was a cigarette, or maybe some alcohol. Still, another deep sigh later he lifted his head from his hands, still not looking at the boy even as he spoke. "Jo- Shit. Jeane."
    --
    Raine hummed in agreement to Lana's last statement, mostly because it seemed the most appropriate response. It'd been awhile since she had had any sort of formal schooling, after all, even if from what she remembered a lack of sleep had been a significant factor. Her head tilted in response to the other girl's question, taking a moment to consider it. "Do you mean watching or playing? I mean, I've never actually played or anything, so I wouldn't really know. Why do you ask?"

28. Characters in this post:
    Alex took a steadying breath before opening the door and sliding out of the car. She only needed to make it through the ticket and concession lines, and she'd be in the clear for a few hours. Dark eyes chanced a look at her companion, eyes catching on the lit cigarette- What was it called, murder-suicide? -before she returned to ignoring him. But he made it damn hard, she could already smell the cigarette, feel him glowering at her. She started walking ahead, glancing back one more time to frown at him.
    "Well? You're the one who was bitching about missing the movie, you really wanna lag behind now?"

29. Characters in this post:
    Aria was upset, distraught, angry, she wasn't even sure what exactly she was feeling other than desperate. Desperate to get out. It had been one week since she slipped up, six days since everyone in the school found out she had magic, five since she was expelled on account of her old school priding itself on being free of freaks like her, two since she'd had all her files transferred to this new school, and today she'd found out that Oops! Didn't we tell you? This school that she was being forced to go to was actually a boarding school, or more accurately a prison. Same purpose, anyway, keeping those considered 'dangerous' safely locked away from the rest of the population. True, it was a bit prettier than most prison's she'd seen, but the food was just as awful as she'd imagine it would be in an official prison. Soon she'd find out if the beds were as hard as you'd expect from prison, too.

She'd barely even had classes that day, they were too busy touring her around so she would know where she could and couldn't go, and talking up how this was the best non-private school for 'gifted' people such as herself in the state. Like the competition for that title was so cutthroat. She did her best not to look like she was already trying to search out any possible escape, although so far she was out of luck, which really just reinforced her belief that this was just another kind of prison. After all, what boarding school had doors and glass reinforced so heavily? You couldn't even open the windows more than a tiny crack, just enough to keep everyone from suffocating. They'd finally abandoned her with her textbooks and her schedule right outside her last class with barely enough time for her to get inside and figure out where she should be sitting before the bell went off.

When the last bell of the day went off to tell everyone they were 'free' she'd practically ran out to the only sort of outdoor area she'd even seen within grounds, a sort of courtyard that was all concrete with one sad tree and a tiny bit of grass in the middle, just so she could feel like the walls weren't closing in on her. Not that this was much better, with the school building still surrounding her, and even their air was caged in, some sort of invisible fence up and surrounding the whole thing to keep absolutely everyone and everything that they'd decided was supposed to be inside on the grounds. She was pretty sure she was dying. No, scratch that. She knew she was dying. There was no way she was gonna survive this place.

30. Characters in this post:
    Since a few days ago or so, there had been frantic talk of a new girl. Then again, there was always dumb gossip in his school; bored kids tended to make shit up all the time. It wasn't a surprise then when Kaimu was shocked to find there actually was a new arrival, sitting in the corner of his last class, looking like she'd stepped right out of a doll factory.

She looked more than lost, but no one reached out to help the poor thing. Of course, he wouldn't either. People like them knew how to take care of themselves. She did too, he hoped. Still, he couldn't help but look her up and down, size her up. And everytime, he came up with the same result: small. The girl wasn't short or anything—well, shorter than anyone else he talked to—but her petite frame, innocent face, 'small' was all he could think about her. She was small. And lost. The kid understandably confused with the grown up world she was in.

The last bell sounded. The teachers were as eager as anyone else to leave the confines of the small classroom. As usual, there was a stampede of sorts to get out the door. Kaimu Kujyou strolled out into the courtyard (after fighting his way out like everyone else) and glanced around at his domain. It seemed...usual. The only difference was the scared redhead fidgeting in the middle of it. He wasn't usually the 'nice' type, but he couldn't stand by and watch a kid suffer; he had a soft spot for small things. "Do you need any help?" He asked as he walked up, flashing a friendly 'smile' to avoid scaring her off. "You seem lost."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 31 to 60 of 100