Login to your account

Playing With Fire

Fire doesn't burn if you're already dead ► Private Roleplays for lmaokickit & Nethereal; trespassers will be torched......

Tags: 1x1, private

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Closed

Creator: Nethereal

Created: 09-12-2015, 04:31 AM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 100

1. Characters in this post:
    "Everybody's waiting up to hear if I dare speak your name
    Put it deep beneath the track, like the hole you left in me
    And everybody wants to know 'bout how it felt to hear you scream
    They know you walk like you're a god, they can't believe I made you weak"

Strange Love - Halsey

2. Characters in this post:
    Curtains drawn, lights off, Alex frowned at her laptop, tapping keys to move her character through the abandoned hospital. In retrospect, these games were always more fun late at night, but she was bored, and had nothing to do, as per usual. Summer had just started, meaning she no longer had school to keep her life on a somewhat healthy and normal schedule, so here she sat, holding her breath as her character pushed open a door. Nothing happened. just as she let out a breath and turned her character around, there was a loud shriek as a demon flashed onto the screen. Alex squeaked, shoving her laptop away from her body as hard as she could, sending it off the end of the bed with a thud. Only moments later, she groaned, mumbling under her breath as she leaned down to pick it back up, "Son of a-"
    A knock on the door interrupted her statement. "Alex?" Without waiting for a response, the owner of the voice -her mom- pushed the door open.
    Alex paused, looking up at her mom. "Yeah?"
    "I know you don't want to be bothered, but we need to talk about something."
    Alex frowned. "If this is about Amelia, I'd really rather-"
    "No, it's not- Just, listen."
    ----
    "No."
    "This isn't a choice, Alex."
    "Well, too bad, because there's no way you're making me do this."
    "Come on, the Amador's are a nice-"
    "No, mom, the Amador you're speaking of in particular is not nice." Alex's lip started to curl at the thought of him, all smirks and winks and shaggy black hair.
    "Give him a chance!"
    "No, mom! God, I know you're worried something'll happen to me now that I'm the only kid you have left, but I'm seventeen!"
    "This isn't about that."
    "Oh, yeah? What's it about, then."
    "You're lonely."
    "I am not."
    "Alexandra." Her mom's lips pressed together into a tight line. Alex glowered, arms folded over her chest.
    "Don't use that."
    "Alexandra, I said you were staying there, and I've already made arrangements with the Amador's, so it's happening."
    "Why can't I just go on that stupid vacation with you guys?"
    "We already booked tickets. It's only a month, Alex, grow up." Alex's mom stood up, took one step towards the door before pausing. "Amelia wouldn't have argued."
    "Yeah, well I'm not Amy."
    Alex's mom sighed, shaking her head. "Make sure you've packed, we're taking you over there first thing tomorrow." With that final remark, she left, leaving the door open, light streaming into the otherwise dark room from the hallway, landing on Alex, alone.

3. Characters in this post:

Brynn Amador received the first sign that his scowl was a tad less subtle than intended only seconds after the crime had been committed. Delicate arms took their place on the woman's hips and she bat thick, perfect eyelashes at him furiously, light blue peeking at him through narrowed eyes. Five, four, three—lips shiny with wine-coloured lipstick pursed into a frown, the type only mothers could make as they silently assaulted you with their disappointment, and then: "Brynn Ambrose Amador, I expected much more of you!"

There it was.

"Ma, I'm sorry. Really, I am. I just had plans, y'know, and I kinda wish you'd just let me know earlier." He stumbled over his words, trying to fix his mistake and hide the smell of alcohol on his breath (a task she made difficult this close) and fight the urge to groan. The boy loved his mother when he reminded himself she wasn't all giggles and 'Brynny, darling' and inviting Alex over for practically a year. Now, however, was just one of those times when telling himself she could be 'cool' was more than difficult.

"Oh, Brynny darling,"—there went his resolve—"I'm sorry, I just want the Sietta's to know what a good boy you are, always on your best behaviour. Your dad and I know it, but parents are always a little wary trusting their little girl with a boy. Or should I say man, hmm?"

He forced a smile as she pinched his cheeks, didn't flinch as she tipped to place one of those overdone things she called 'kisses' on his forehead and shuffled off in heels much too high for a 'vacation' to answer the doorbell.

And there goes my summer.

4. Characters in this post:
    "Can I ring the doorbell again?"
    "Alexandra."
    Alex hid her smile, slight as it was. "Just asking."
    Her dad muttered something she couldn't hear, though she couldn't care less. She'd spent her entire morning making their lives as miserable as she could without digging herself in deeper, her own tiny rebellion. She had to accept that she would be staying at his house for practically the whole summer, but she certainly did not have to like it.
    The door swung open, revealing Mrs. Amador, teetering on heels that brought her up to the same height as Alex's own mom. Honestly, it was incredible that someone so short was half the reason nature's biggest mistake was created. Her face broke into a grin, and she reached down to embrace Alex.
    "Oh, look how big you've gotten since last I saw you! Aren't you growing to just be a perfect little lady."
    Alex smiled, more politely than anything, as she was very aware that she looked nothing like a lady in an old oversized star trek t shirt that belonged to one ex or another, torn up jeans, and old sneakers. But she could feel the eyes on the back on her head, practically burning into her skull. "Nice to see you, Mrs. Amador."
    "Oh, come in, come in!"
    She moved out of the way, and Alex stepped inside, lugging her suitcase with her.

5. Characters in this post:

Brynn took the opportunity that his mother's turned back presented to release something of a sigh-groan-plea for mercy. Perhaps this was karma for breaking his fair share of flimsy teenage girl hearts; perhaps it was karma for blaming his mother's missing cupcakes on an all too easy to blame father and a small reminder the fridge was shared property. He opened his mouth to release some stress, curse a bit, plead a bit more, but his intentions were cut short when Brian swaggered into the room and he was forced to pretend to smile once more.

"Brynn." His father acknowledged his presence with a sharp nod and quirk of thick, too-well-maintained eyebrows. His father was the sort of man you wouldn't necessarily expect to set spa reservations and barber appointments in the same manner he scheduled meetings with law firms, yet he did. He flashed pearly teeth in a smile as fake as his son's before walking on with a shrug of broad shoulders and finding himself leaned against the door-frame and overshadowing his petite wife.

"Oh, Brian, that's not the shirt I set out for you, hon." His mother crinkled her nose at the sight of her husband, dressed like people actually did when they intended to relax, a stark contrast to her expensive sundress and gold jewelry.

Brynn decided he'd had enough of that conversation and was just about to plop onto the couch and cry himself into a deep sleep when—"Brynn, Alex is here! Come say hi, darling!"

The walk to the door felt like walking through prison corridors to an execution room, but he smiled through it and pointedly looked forward to greet the monster's more bearable parents with a grin. "Where's—oh, Alex. Have you gotten a bit shorter?" His parents chuckled at the joke, his father giving him a 'manly' thump on the back.

"Not everyone can be as tall as you, now, son." He turned his attention back to his 'friends.' "I'm afraid this one's looking to surpass me."

"At least this way, no one will doubt he's your son. He looks nothing like you, hon." His mother jumped in, and yet again Brynn forced himself to chuckle politely at their painfully bad jokes.

'Save me, God. Please.'

6. Characters in this post:
    Alex's eyes narrowed in anger, but she kept up the smile, lips pressed together as if she was afraid if she relaxed she'd start baring her teeth. "Well aren't you just hilarious." Somehow, she managed to make the sentence sound good-humored, probably because she had witnesses. "Really, I am lucky though. It must be so hard to be so tall, of course, as you must hit your head on door frames all the time. Though, that would explain some things."
    Her dad coughed, sharply, but Alex didn't flinch, her eyes betraying both her irritation and her amusement. She did turn when her mom spoke up, though.
    "Oh, is it that time already? We should really head out, don't want to miss the plane!" She laughed, a high pitched noise that basically translated to static in Alex's head. "Oh, and Alex? Please give me the keys.
    'God, no.'
    "The what?"
    "The keys, honey. Don't want you accidentally losing them here, now, do you?" Mrs. Sietta laughed, but her meaning was clear: she wasn't letting Alex have a chance of being left alone for a month. Alex forced a smile and fished in her pocket, purposefully dragging it out as long as possible. There was only so long she could do so without looking suspicious, though, and finally she dropped the keys in her mother's hand. Her pale, slender fingers closed around them, and she dropped them in her purse, eradicating Alex's last hope for freedom.
    "Well, we should go! Bye, sweetheart, we'll miss you!" Her mom stooped down to kiss her much shorter daughter's cheek, using the opportunity to mutter a quick reminder to behave.

7. Characters in this post:

He watched, helpless, as the four ambled off to their cars. Brian Amador slipped into the deep emerald convertible—Brynn's favourite of their cars, and he was almost offended that Brian would take it—with practised ease, firing up the engine and relaxing as the car purred in response. The car's horn sounded, frighteningly loud in the silence of Harlow Heights and his mother pushed her husband further into his seat to wave a delicate goodbye and blow the two a kiss.

And then, with the background music of wheels gripping asphalt and chirping birds, his chance at a fun summer drove away with grins. As soon as they were out of sight, Brynn's lips curled as he glared down at the petite devil on his doorstep, staring back up with the same fiery hatred. "Let's make this simple. You stay the heck away from me and I won't make your life a worse hell than it already is."

With that warning, he took deliberate steps into his house, sandals clacking against the marbled tile and reverberating throughout the large house. Brynn fumbled with the many items stuffed into the pockets of well-ironed sweatpants that looked too expensive to be taken to any sport but golf, finally grasping the phone that had eluded his grasp. A few buttons later, he had confirmed a relaxing beach trip an hour later where there were sure to be people that could make him forget for a while that he was sharing a house with her.

8. Characters in this post:
    Alex rolled her eyes, following him into the house. "I do need to know where the guest room is, you know. The one furthest from you, preferably." Her bag dragged along the ground, her own steps much quieter than his. "Unless, of course, you want me to camp out on the couch, so I can watch your every move. That seems fun, doesn't it?" She practically chirped that last statement in a purposefully poor mock of his mother.

9. Characters in this post:
    Gentle steps clip-clopped behind his slower, stronger strides, along with the incessant 'scritch' noise of Alex's bag being lazily dragged along their delicate floor tiles. "Jeez, give me that." Brynn snatched the offending bag from the loose hold Alex had on its straps, slinging it over one shoulder and carrying on. The house was reassuringly quiet, warm yet not oppressively so, and the scent of lilac danced in and out of range; it was all a nice reminder of 'home,' more so than the grand stairs or the comfy sofa—well, no, he did love that sofa, the only one the young man had ever come across that was long enough for him to stretch out and take a nice nap. Lips pursed in a show of being indifferent to Alex, pale eyes trained carefully forward as to see only rebellious ginger strands as far as she went. Yet, nature's biggest mistake could not resist a: "My every move? Voyeurism is not a healthy hobby, Miss Sietta."

Brynn Amador skipped into the kitchen, devil in tow, flinging open the towering white doors of the fridge without hesitation. Its shelves were lined with the usuals, add a few cupcakes stashed at the top where a certain household member had no chances of even glimpsing the stolen treats and an inviting six pack of beers. His father knew, of course, that he drank; however, he was convinced that was a 'one or twice a month' occurrence and 'not unusual for a curious boy' and so sneaking deserts like those in were easy-peazy, hide-them-from-mom-lemon-squeezy. "Alex, up for a drink?" He turned to face her, his expression daring, smirk screaming 'bet you couldn't' in an annoyingly silent tone. "You know, Alexandra, you're not so much of an eyestrain. Maybe if you brush your hair, get some sun, and hit puberty, you might be able to actually get a boyfriend."

10. Characters in this post:
    While she was caught slightly offguard at how forcefully he grabbed her bag, Alex couldn't help but smirk when he did. She'd kinda hoped she could annoy him into carrying it for her. Not that it was all that heavy, it was just a bit of a hassle to drag it everywhere with her. "Oh, please, the concept doesn't seem that pleasant to me either. I'd really rather hide in the guest room than see your... exploits."
    She followed him into the kitchen, eyes rolling when he offered her a drink. "And in what universe is it a good idea for me to share a drink with you? You act as if I have no idea what goes on in this house." She over-exaggerated a shudder.
    At the use of the name Alexandra, however, she immediately cooled. "Alex," she corrected automatically, her voice hardening slightly, before remembering herself. Don't let him get to you. So instead she sighed, shaking her head in mock-sadness. "Wow, Brynn, you say that like I've never dated anyone."

11. Characters in this post:
    Raine frowned, brow furrowing as she surveyed the school, bustling with people much, much younger than she was. "I wish they could have put this off until the next school year started. It's always too obvious when people appear late."
    "Relax, Raine, this is college, not high school. No one's going to care." Ray's fingers raked through his hair, brushing it out of her eyes for the moment. Raine puffed out a sigh, cheeks inflating slightly in a childish way as she forced out the air.
    "Still. I don't like it."
    "And it's not up for you to decide, now is it?"
    She stayed silent at that, her lips pressing together tightly before she gave him a curt nod.
    "Alright. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to see you dropped off at you dorm so I don't have to carry around your bags anymore."
    "They are not that heavy, R."
    "Oh really?"
    "Yes, really!" She turned to pout at him, making him laugh, light flashing off bright white fangs.
    "Okay, okay. Whatever you say, Raine. Now come on."

12. Characters in this post:
    JEANE
    "And yet another body has been found in the Clearbourne area, making that eleven this month. Officials say they are doing their best to bring in the killer, but are asking for help from the public; if any one has any information on the murders of these young women and men, you are urged to come forward. "

Green bars flashed and disappeared on the tv screen as the brunette lowered the volume, leaving the pretty reporter without her unnaturally smooth voice and perfect tv diction—he liked her better this way, just her plump lips settled in that startled expression and green eyes wide. Besides, he knew better than anyone what the 'murder' entailed, much more than the scrambling blue-clad 'officials' that had parked themselves on the campus when the second victim had showed up in a ditch.

Jeanne sighed, hungrily eyeing the microwaved slice of pizza, cheese still sizzling too hot to eat. Boredom filling the emptiness in his stomach, the boy jumped up and ambled around the room, kicking at the books thrown in his corners and finding himself sitting on the now-opened-window's sill, wind whipping at his face. Didn't take too long for him to spot a fresh new face and her long legs strutting around the campus, black hair messy from the wind and some guy stumbling behind her. "Ooh, nice." She'd make a tastier treat that pepperoni pizza.

LANA
    "No, I'm tired as hell." Lana sighed into the phone cradled between her shoulder and ear, hands doing nothing much but resting lazily in her pockets. "'Sides, I still got that project due in a week and all I have is the font I know I want to use. I can't," There was another exaggerated sigh as Lana Grey forced herself up, brushing the clingy grass from the white-stained pants (never again was she getting herself mixed up in 'helping paint' anything, especially not in her favourite jeans) slipping from her waist. "Look, I want to, not like I'd willingly avoid a party full of cuties with low standards."

The groaning and 'no, just come's being yelled at her didn't help the girl's headache, so faking 'losing signal' with all the necessary 'I can't hear you's and sound effects was a natural next step in dealing with her best friend. "Jeez, I swear. Thought I'd made myse—" Of course, lying to Diane often got her on karma's bad side, and karma tended to like having her trip over things. It just happened that today, karma defined 'things' and the foot of some guy that easily towered over her (damn, and that was a hard feat) and didn't seem like the sort to offer to get a replacement for the phone now scattered in pieces along the pavement.

13. Characters in this post:
    Raine strode easily in front of her brother, impatient to get to her dorm if only so she could at least begin to figure out a way to try and find the idiot who'd caused her to have to enter college in the middle of the year. However, her thoughts were interrupted when she heard Ray curse quietly and something hit the ground. She rolled her eyes, spinning around. "You didn't drop my bag on your foot again, did y-" She paused when she saw the girl sprawled on the ground, eyes darted in front of her to see broken pieces of something, a phone perhaps, on the ground in front of her. Her lips shaped a small, unspoken 'oh', and she glanced up at her brother, who was practically glowering. Not good.

Ray scowled down at the girl, irritated beyond belief that of all the people this girl could have tripped over, it had to be him. He wasn't even sure how she could have missed seeing him. But here she was, and one glance at Raine's face told him all he had to know. Be civil. So he schooled his expression into easy smile, held out a hand to help the girl up. "Sorry about that. I mean, I'm used to girls falling for me, but usually not that quickly."

14. Characters in this post:
    LANA
    "Oh, uh, no worries." Lana Grey forced a lopsided grin, narrowing her eyes to keep the building tears from getting anywhere far. She brushed the arm she had fell on, gently prodding the small bruise as anyone would, wincing as if it hurt. She could feel a sting, but it was more the sting of losing the phone that had cost her an arm, a leg, and a week's dinner. "Oh, haha. Guess I've broken a record. Doubt you'll be able to find another as easy as me, so cherish it, babe." She joked easily, winking playfully up at the pretty-faced reason she was isolated in a world of cell phone towers and internet addiction. And damn, she could already feel the withdrawal symptoms.

"Well, guess I won't need to phone the 'rents for a while. Moms are always on your case for that sort a thing, yeah?" Yeah, right, like anyone but her friends' name ever flashed on that screen. "So I guess I owe you thanks." Lana usually wouldn't stay chatting up the few people she couldn't find it in her heart to somewhat like, but it was only this way that she could imagine sinking her nails and teeth into his neck and draining whatever bitter blood ran through the veins of someone who could facilitate such a murder. What had her phone ever done to him?

"Hmm, guess I'll be on my way." They—as she soon realized he had a sister who stood on dreadful heels, almost as tall as him in them, but was probably no taller than Lana herself, but woah was she pretty (frat boys would have some fun with her)—looked pretty new, but Lana couldn't find the goodwill to offer to show them around under the sadness and anger brewing inside her.

JEANE
    Even for Jeane, it took a minute to gobble up the piping pizza and start down the stairs. His dorm was conveniently close to the staircase, meaning any drunk, tasty souls had to pass by him and also that skipping down to the door took about a minute. Forcing open the heavy dorm door and curiously watching the little exchange that kept the woman busy took some time as well; yet, almost immediately, Jeane Essa noticed there was a bit more than a slight problem with his newfound love—she was too tall.

It didn't help that he was a bit short of average height himself, something that he liked to pretend gave him little trouble in life, but his crush might as well have been an Amazon and a model and a giant mushed into one, and he could see it either ran in the family or she had a preference for boyfriends who would have no problem kissing her. If it was the latter, Jeane might as well erase his name from the sign-up. The jinnī looked her up and down intently, captivating amber eyes, brighter after a nice meal last night, taking in everything she had to offer (which was a lot, she was sweet eye candy). Still, the thought of having her have to look down on him turned him off, shut down any ideas he had for her to be his soul number 12. Too bad.

15. Characters in this post:
    Raine frowned as the girl walked away, eyes narrowing slightly as she turned to her brother. "You know, nice isn't the same thing as flirting."
    "Eh. They're pretty much the same thing."
    "No, they aren't, and you're making it very hard to keep a low profile."
    "Oh, yeah, we're totally going to keep a low profile. You're not even doing anything and half the guys are turning to look at you." Ray nodded with his head towards a guy who even from this distance he could tell both he and his twin towered over who had run out of one of the dorms just to stop and stare directly at her. His eyes narrowed slightly at the boy, not exactly appreciating the look he was giving her.
    "Well, you certainly aren't helping with that, Ray."
    "Relax, Raine. We only have to be here for a month or two and then we can disappear again. Now come on, I seriously just want to drop your stuff off at your dorm, okay?"
    "Fiiiiiiine."

16. Characters in this post:
    JEANE
    Dark eyes glared at him; Jeane could feel the piercing gaze bore into him even from where he stood. The brunette raised an eyebrow, lips quirking into a smirk—what he saw as a fitting reply to the tall man's 'hello.' Both bore a striking resemblance, though the girl was the more delicate pretty he enjoyed, so he guessed siblings. But that wasn't his problem, and wouldn't be as long as he chose to stay 5'5 (he had developed such a liking for this body: the light olive skin, sandy brown hair, frail but toned build, and a dazzling pearly smile few were able to resist, even if grocery trips were always a struggle).

The pair ambled off towards another set of dorms: the newer building, sparkling with its new white paint and its new tiled floor, looming contemptuously over the other buildings in a show of its newness. The small fact that they got to live there gave him a newfound dislike for the two, if only because he'd heard whispers that they had bigger kitchenettes. Mumbling a few choice pouty curses, the jinnī made his way up to his dorm room and plopped onto his couch, taking in the sweet smell of incense that drifted lazily over the room, along with the minty remnants of a devoured life wafting from his bottle.

17. Characters in this post:
    Finally, they made it to dorm 317. Raine grabbed her bags from her brother and sent him back to his dorm which they'd passed on the way to the building, which looked quite a bit older than this one did. That wasn't really her concern right now, though. She was much more worried about the state of the dorm she was about to enter. What if her roommate was too observant? Worse, what if her roommate was a slob? She shuddered slightly at that, before knocking on the door in case her roommate was in. Of course, she didn't bother to wait for someone to open the door for her.
    "Hello?"
    Raine glanced around, seeing a few things out of place, enough that it was very obviously lived in but not so bad that it would really be an issue. She stepped a little further into the room.
    "Is anyone- Oh."
    Sure enough, another step in had revealed a girl to her. The same girl who had earlier tripped over Ray and broken something. Her phone? Yeah, that sounded right. A slight twang of guilt hit Raine, mostly due to the fact that her brother hadn't even bothered to properly apologize.
    "Oh! Hi, uh, sorry to just- are you okay?"

18. Characters in this post:
    "In this universe, babe. As in the one where, y'know, you couldn't even pay me to touch you. What goes on in this house is between me and cute girls—cute ones, mind you." Brynn grabbed two bottles from the top shelf, the glass familiarly cold against his hands, a welcome change to his guest's fiery attitude. He set the beer on the kitchen counter, licking his lips, the taste of cherry lip balm (not that he would admit to owning it) settling on his tongue. In a swift motion, the boy wiped the condensation from his hands and onto his shirt and plopped himself on the marble counter, something he did so often even his mother let him get away with it.

"Hm.You say that like you have, Alex. Have you?" The boy hid the frown playing across his lips with an exaggerated gasp, eyebrows raised in inquisitive surprise. "I can't believe it. You of all people? A boyfriend? No, no. Couldn't happen. I'd say a girlfriend; that way, she won't be put off by your lack of feminine assets." Brynn flashed a charming, 'friendly' smile, making sure to rub the insult in as much as she'd let him (he knew he had less of an effect on her these days, but it hardly bothered him; if anything, it made their little game all the more fun). "But, anyway, have a drink. I know I need one to survive a day of you. I'm sure your feelings are similar."

19. Characters in this post:
    A slight pang of annoyance registered when he sat on the counter, not so much because she didn't think people should sit on counters, but because she'd planned to sit there to try and even out the height difference. That was clearly no longer an option, however, as doing so would mean she'd have to move closer to the nuisance, which was never something she was willing to do.
    A slight smirk appeared on her face at that, however. "Boyfriend? Girlfriend? Well, most recently it was the former." She shrugged, leaning back against the wall. "I mean, I know it must be a shock, anyone being able to actually keep a relationship going. I mean, since you obviously can't. But, as for the drink, you did raise a good point. I mean, it's not like in this universe I'd ever let you come near me, even if I was drunk."

20. Characters in this post:
    "Most recently," Brynn repeated with a growing smirk, dark eyebrows raising in amusement. Vibrant eyes rolled at her 'subtle' insult, too used to her teasing to feel offended. They both had their own repeated insults for the other—short, womaniser; ugly, mistake—and their conversations were like a broken record. Yet, still oddly enjoyable in the 'I hate this' sort of way. "Funny how you say that, since I remember you using the word 'was.' Obviously, Alex, you're not one to speak."

Spoon in hand, the boy, with some struggle, popped the caps from both bottles (a task that would have been easier if he knew where his mother had stashed the bottle opener, but he couldn't exactly call and ask without her prying). "Tch, 'course not. Being drunk brings out the stupid in people, and you're already stupid enough to chase away any good-looking boys to begin with. But come on, Alex, a sip of beer won't hurt. I don't think you're that much of a lightweight."

21. Characters in this post:
    LANA
    "Oh, hey. Great. Lucky coincidence, huh? Damn, I'm glad I don't have this room all to myself, anymore. And we've met before, too. Goddamn great." She didn't bother to force a welcoming grin, instead opting for what she thought was an expression that screamed 'no, this isn't sarcasm.' It was doubtful this girl was an idiot and needed help to pick out the hostility, but Lana was a young woman of careful precautions. She watched as the woman's eyes combed through her stuff—picking out her brother's next victim, no doubt—and Lana's shoulders squared in preparation to defend her need for that book to be there or that those shady dvds were not hers: Shane really needed to stop leaving his stuff there already.

Tugging on the t-shirt, making sure it covered all it needed to while she rummaged for a thin pair of shorts—the air conditioning wasn't working right now and she didn't need to drown in sweat—Lana gave the newcomer a glare that came off more pouty than she'd intended. "Welcome. You can take that bed, the one that all my stuff isn't on. You're letting me make any important calls on your phone until I skip enough dinners to get another one, okay?"

22. Characters in this post:
    "Mmmmm, I dunno Brynn. I mean, all my relationships at least last a month. I don't think you've ever dated anyone that long, if what you do can be called dating. I wonder why that is...?" Alex raised one eyebrow, her smirk growing. If she had to be honest, this part of their dealings she didn't mind so much. None of his insults really stung anymore, anyway.
    With that last insult, she almost laughed."Oh, please, you just wish I'd chase away more good-looking girls so there'd be more on the market for you." Still, she held out her hand to accept the beer, something she rarely indulged in anymore, but she had a feeling she was going to need it.

23. Characters in this post:
    Raine nearly flinched at the level of hostility being thrown at her at that moment. As much as she hated to admit it, she really didn't like it when people didn't like her, and this time she didn't even know exactly what she'd done other than be related to the guy that broke her- Oh. Right.
    She did one more cursory glance around the apartment, deciding it was definitely tidy enough she could survive for now at least. She didn't really think this was the right moment to ask if she might tidy the place up a little bit.
    "Uh, yes, thanks." Raine managed a very faint smile, her fingers tightening around her bag. "And that... that seems..." The tall girl shook her head, changing her mind immediately. "You know, if you want I could get my brother to buy you a new phone. I really am sorry about that, and I know he is too." Okay, so maybe that last part about him being sorry was a blatant lie, and the other girl didn't seem stupid enough to not pick up on it. "I mean, he doesn't really show it well, but um." Raine bit her lip, studying the girl, before remembering something. "Oh!!! My name's Raine, by the way."

24. Characters in this post:
    Brynn gave an easy smile at her little argument, eyebrows raised in amusement and shoulders trembling in stifled laughter. "No, you're right. I don't date. I have a bit of fun every now and then. Loosen up, try it. Much better than tying yourself to someone who'll probably not remember your name in a few years time. I leave commitment to the 30 year olds." The boy took a swig of his drink, sighing at how refreshing it felt (it had only been a few days since his last drink, but somehow he missed the bitter liquid more than he cared to admit to himself). Another sip.

"See, that's the thing; I don't. Every girl's on the market for me. Single, taken, doesn't matter. They all want me. You do too. But it's okay, I know you hate me too much to admit you like my face." He finally handed her the bottle, letting their hands linger longer than they needed to, long fingers brushing her cool skin. Brynn gave a quick wink, forcing the childish grin to stay off his lips and keep the flirty smirk he was going for. She really was just too much fun.

25. Characters in this post:
    Alex smirked, rolling her eyes. "Oh, yeah, sure I want you." She raised one eyebrow, pausing just long enough to confuse him before continuing. "No, really, I do. Want you out of my life, want you to find someone else to bother, want you to leave me alone. Unfortunately, you don't seem to want the same thing." She frowned, shaking her head sadly. She accepted the bottle though, refusing to allow him any satisfaction of a reaction from either the touch or the wink. Unfortunately, redheaded skin meant she probably did end up looking at least a tiny bit pinker, but hopefully not so much that he'd notice.

26. Characters in this post:
    Brynn didn't hide his surprise at that; his eyes desperately scanned the redhead's face for the tell-tale signs that she was messing with him. He found them seconds before she went off on her little tangent. It didn't hurt, of course (except maybe it did just a bit), but his cheeks went more red than he wanted them to. Yet, he was sure the redhead felt the same; yeah, he noticed her little blush. It was a more innocent side of the girl that he rarely saw, but one that, for the sake of his sanity, he preferred not to. The longer he thought about it, the more he felt his cheeks heating up in what was most absolutely definitely anger. Definitely. "Leave you alone? You were the one following me. You're the one in my house, Alex. You—" The young man was interrupted by his phone blaring his current song obsession and flashing bright shades of 'answer-me-lazy-ass' blue.

"Something came up, huh? No, no. It's fine." He took another swig of his drink; he'd need it if he had to spend the entire night with this chick. Friends always had lives or whatever to tend to when you needed them. Brynn took another fleeting glance at the petite girl, absentmindedly looking her up and down. If it meant not spending time with her, he might just go wander aimlessly, watch a movie. But then what if his mom called while he was out? What if she hurt herself without him to make sure she didn't do anything stupid? Little kids on the news often did manage to burn their houses down. He couldn't just leave her, he guessed. "Alex, d'you—actually, no, never mind." The beer really needed to hurry up and work its magic before she made him explode.

27. Characters in this post:
    Brynn didn't hide his surprise at that; his eyes desperately scanned the redhead's face for the tell-tale signs that she was messing with him. He found them seconds before she went off on her little tangent. It didn't hurt, of course (except maybe it did just a bit), but his cheeks went more red than he wanted them to. Yet, he was sure the redhead felt the same; yeah, he noticed her little blush. It was a more innocent side of the girl that he rarely saw, but one that, for the sake of his sanity, he preferred not to. The longer he thought about it, the more he felt his cheeks heating up in what was most absolutely definitely anger. Definitely. "Leave you alone? You were the one following me. You're the one in my house, Alex. You—" The young man was interrupted by his phone blaring his current song obsession and flashing bright shades of 'answer-me-lazy-ass' blue.

"Something came up, huh? No, no. It's fine." He took another swig of his drink; he'd need it if he had to spend the entire night with this chick. Friends always had lives or whatever to tend to when you needed them. Brynn took another fleeting glance at the petite girl, absentmindedly looking her up and down. If it meant not spending time with her, he might just go wander aimlessly, watch a movie. But then what if his mom called while he was out? What if she hurt herself without him to make sure she didn't do anything stupid? Little kids on the news often did manage to burn their houses down. He couldn't just leave her, he guessed. "Alex, d'you—actually, no, never mind." The beer really needed to hurry up and work its magic before she made him explode.

28. Characters in this post:
    There was the reaction she was hoping to get. Her smirk reappeared on her lips as she pressed the beer to her lips, taking a wuick drink of the bitter liquid. Sure, it wasn't her fault that she was being forced to stay here, but it was hard to get him to lose his cool, so she'd accept that small innacuracy. When his attention was diverted by whatever that song was, though, her smirk faded into something nearing a frown, not that he'd notice.
    Her frown only grew deeper with the words not directed at her. She had been hoping he would have plans, he always had plans, and at least then he'd leave her alone. But apparently not. His next sentence, half-finished and directed at her, drew her out of that mood. "Do I what?"

29. Characters in this post:
    Brynn shrugged nonchalantly; at least, he hoped that was the air it gave off. "D'you w-wanna,"—God, don't stutter!—"just, I don't know, go to the movies or something? I don't wanna stay in the house all day, but it's not like I can leave a baby here on her own. I guess I gotta be a responsible parent and all." The young man chewed on his lower lip absentmindedly, keeping his thoughts as occupied as humanly possible, any thought besides him practically asking the devil on a date was fine by him.

If only it was that easy to ignore. She made it fairly difficult, what with standing right there and all. Why was she that close to him, anyway? Hadn't she made it fairly clear she wanted nothing to do with him? He'd have expected at least a few metres of distance. But no, Alex was right there, and he could see her barely average face accentuated by her barely average body and tired-angry eyes barely focused on him. She wasn't cute (not really, anyway). Of all the girls in the country, it had to be Alex that he was forced to share a confined space with. Of course.

30. Characters in this post:
    Alex raised an eyebrow. It almost looked like he was fidgeting. Weird.
    She pursed her lips, deliberating. True, she kinda just wanted to hole up in a guest room and never leave again. But movies had popcorn. More importantly, he probably wouldn't try and harass her during the movie. If they stayed home, there was every chance he'd continue harassing her, if only because he was bored. That made the choice for her. "Yeah, okay. But I get to pick which movie we're seeing." Another slight pause, and then her second requirement: "And you have to buy me popcorn with extra butter. And a soda." Her arms folded, expression hardening slightly in a way that almost dared him to argue with her.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 100