Login to your account

Thread: I'm scared of posting in my own roleplay..

Exclamation I'm scared of posting in my own roleplay..

You read right -.-

I'm pretty new to roleplaying and did need some help coming up with a starter,
    aswell as how I should interact with people in the roleplay? I will search more but yet,
    I haven't found anything explaining what the "Journals" are for or how the "Game Log" works.

I will probably come up with alot of more questions,
    so I ask you now.. Is it okay to use this more than once? xD
    Long ears.. Big nose; sharp teeth?
    Yeah yep, she's a furry alright~

Journals exist in case you want to create a separate thread for your characters to post their thoughts & experiences. It's like an In Character diary that can help you expand the story and really flesh out your characters.

And the Game Log is just a tab that keeps track of all the posts that have been made in a full feature RP. It's just like the "Recent Posts" tab, but instead of showing the newest posts first, it goes in chronological order.

So don't feel nervous about posting! It takes a little time to get used to the full feature system here, but there are a couple Site Feature Guides that can help you out and explain all the nitty-gritty details about how to use all the different options in a Full Feature RP. If you get confused, feel free to keep asking questions! We all started as site newbies, so most people here are happy to help.

What a cool feature! Will be sure to use
    journals whenever/if my roleplay catches air :3

Thanks alot for the info Knerd, 10 a'outta 10, definitely!
    I'm just abit confused how the roleplay usually goes around
    here, and I've tried reading others for abit to get a hang of it.

I should also apologies to you about never
    thanking you last time I asked, for the help =/
    Anyhow, have a good day ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
    If you get confused, feel free to keep asking questions! We all started as site newbies, so most people here are happy to help.
    Was just a matter of time wasn't it ;3
    Anyways, I have this little question which goes like this: How, do I advertise my roleplay?

I knooow, I've had it in 'construction' a very long time, and that might've taken people away
    I guess. But I have the gnawing feeling that it might also be, because I identify as furry.
    I've not seen a single one around here yet. I'm not saying that anyone is against it either.
    Sorta wanted someone's opinion on the matter ^^

Leading me onto another thing, does it take time to catch air?
    Or is it just on chance some get and some doesn't people on their roleplays?

Anyways, grateful for all the help Knerd. You're awesome =D

We do have a small-ish userbase right now, so 90% of advertising is really just getting to know the other users and meeting each other. If folks start to recognize your name and know that you're fun to talk to, you'll get a lot more people crowding to your RPs and participating.

But there's also the Recruiting forum if you want to post an actual advertisement. That's a good spot to publicize your game, talk it up and try to find other people who are interested in the same sort of stories as you. A lot of people will browse that and the One x One Request forum when they're looking to join into something.

I'm sure that you'll find some friends in time! It does take a little effort to find your own niche, but the users here are a nice bunch.

Regarding journals in my roleplay Heist we used them as an addition method of communication in-character.

In Heist we used journals for trading in-character text messages. I made a simple graphic to minic a phone. We send text conversations between different characters as a way of developing backstory for some of the events happening in the rp. And for communicating information we can't or do not get opportunity to in our posts.

In another one of my roleplays we used journals for world building. We had a journal for developing races, planets, tracking character inventory, a general index journal for cataloging devices and tools we used.

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzy View Post
    I've not seen a single one around here yet.
    *Holds up hand* I am part of the furry community myself.
    Last edited by Strude; 02-10-2015 at 11:30 AM.