Login to your account

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: After The Magic Has Faded

"I am,"Joey said, looking around for a source of the voice. Of coarse, everything in the forest sounded like it came from everywhere. He turned slowly, looking around. Where was she?

Neither Sinner nor Saint SedatedDemon's Avatar
    Astoria slapped herself on the forehead. Right. The enchantments. She grabbed her wand and took them down before quickly hiding her wand again. "Ah. It's you." She said, crossing her arms.

"I knew you were a witch! There was no way you just had bread,"Joey said, shaking his head. She came out of nowhere with an entire camp, fire included. He didn't run into witches often... especially twice.

Astoria's eyes narrowed and she drew her wand quickly, pointing it at him. She wasn't afraid. He's just a Muggle. "Are you going to try to kill me now, Muggle?" She asked. "I'd like to see you try."

"What would be the point? I have too many kids to take care of to fight for a cause that isn't worth fighting for,"he said calmly, adjusting his backpack on his shoulders.

Astoria slowly tucked her wand away and sighed, sitting back down by the fire. "You're looking for food?" She asked, her voice not as harsh anymore. "What happened to the bread I gave you?" She asked, running her hands together then breathing warm air into them.

"Like I said, I have kids to take care of. There aren't many of us left, but I watch over them. I'm just looking for something for me, don't worry. The bread was great, though,"he assured, stepping closer to the fire. The cold didn't even effect him anymore, but the warmth was nice.

Astoria sighed and slowly stood up. "You can come sit. I'm not going to hurt you. At least not yet." She took out her wand and re did the protective charms. She sat back down and looked up. "Here." She said, pulling out some jerky and tossing it to him.

Joey caught the jerky and shook his head,"You don't have to give me things, miss. I'm sure you need your own food,and don't mind me, standing is easy,"he added, holding the jerky back out to her.

Astoria could have laughed out loud at that. "I'm a witch, Muggle. I can get food easily. Just take it." She crossed her arms over her chest. "You can't afford to be stubborn. You should take what you can get when you can get it."

Joey slowly raised the jerky to his mouth and took a bite. It had been awhile since he had meat, and this made his body shudder. After a moment of tough chewing he looked up at her,"You shouldn't be so rude, you know. That's how this whole blood fest began."

Astoria scoffed and threw another stick into the fire. "Rudeness was hardly the cause." She said, staring into the fire. "Anyway, I don't want to talk about it." She ran a hand through her hair. "What's your name?" She asked as politely as she could muster.

"Joseph, but everyone calls me Joey, or muggle,"he teased lightly, taking another bite from the jerky, his stomach beginning to ache from the new feeling. He looked up at her,"And you?"

Astoria, glanced up at him, studying him, but not in a creepy way. "Astoria." She finally answered, averting her eyes to gaze into the fire once more.

He nodded slowly,"It's a very pretty name..."It became quiet for a moment as the fire cracked warmly into the air and he glanced up at her,"How long have you been on the run? Or have you? I don't quite understand how it works for you guys..."

"I left my home and everyone that I care for, today." Astoria answered quietly, glancing up as well, her eyes meeting his. "How about you?" She asked.

"Two years,"Joey said honestly, gazing at her for a moment, curiously,"Why did you leave?"

(I must rest my dear! I will talk to you tomorrow!!)

(Goodnight!)

Astoria looked away and sighed. "You wouldn't understand." She said softly. "I got tired of it all. Tired of killing and torturing Muggles for fun. For fun. It wasn't very fun."

Joey started at the fire, grinding his teeth together and sighing. Torturing his people... for fun? Theyvwrrebso defenseless, survival was hard, almost impossible when all their resources were gone and now hiding from wizards? He nodded,"It doesn't sound like it."

Astoria didn't dare look at him. She didn't want to see the hate or anger in his eyes. She ran her fingers through her hair before picking up the stick and poking at the fire. "You know.. The muggles aren't completely innocent either."

"I know, we are horrible to one another now,too. Humanity is dying, in smugglers and wizards alike. We are at a disadvantage, though. We're dying... We can't conjure food, or shelter, or anything else for that matter,"Joey said as his eyes moved from the flames, up the stick, and to her face.

Astoria closed her eyes briefly, taking a deep breath. "I suppose." She whispered, glancing up at his handsome face. She took out her wand and pointed it at the fire, muttering a spell to keep the flames from burning out.

Joey has seen magic before, but never for something so simple and easy,"It truly is that simple, huh?"

Astoria tucked her wand away and sat back. "If you're a good witch or wizard. Magic isn't that easy. It takes a lot of learning." She said, meeting his eyes. A mere Muggle wouldn't understand.

He nodded,"Like actually surviving the world. It doesn't work for everyone,"he started at her for a moment, their eyes holding a gentle gaze of understanding. Maybe they werent so different.

Astoria nodded and took another bite of jerky. There was a sort of an awkward silence. She wasn't used to speaking to a Muggle. She's used to fighting and killing them with a simple flick of her wand.

"Are you going to stick around here?" Joey asked as he stepped closer to the fire. He was a bit more comfortable.

"Until I have a reason not to." Astoria replied. She breathed warm air into her hands again.

"Here,"Joey reached into his backpack.and pulled out a pair of old gloves, holding them out to her.

Astoria looked up, a little shocked, and shook her head quickly. "Oh, no. I'm fine. Really." She answered.