Login to your account

Thread: Server change and move (Important)

Server change and move (Important)

Hi guys,

Due to a bit of a geographical issue, I've been forced to transition WTF RPG onto a new server, closer to where I am. I can't fix it, if I can't get to it, right?

This however means downtime. The move will go something like this... I'll be setting up the new server at my house, and then transitioning the current site onto it. This will (hopefully) only cause a short downtime of maybe an hour. Thankfully, I've got a particularly fast connection to my house (100mbit) so page load times shouldn't be affected.

After the initial move, there will be a second move. This will involve me transporting the server to the datacenter. The downtime for this, could be up to around two hours. I'll try to space the two transitions out a little.

All of this will happen this weekend, at my convenience. I'll do my best to keep disruption to a minimum.

Thanks for the warning and all the hard work. waiting for it to return was a nail biter, but I m sure it is worth it ;p

There is still one more part of the move left. Hoping to get that done this evening, but, it looks like all the data and everything transitioned fine!

awesome that it all transferred and the final transfer will probably happen after I'm in bed unless you are intending to do it right away xp. (It's like after 9 pm my time). I'm sure every thing will go well and that the new location will make things easier on you, but good luck with the final move and thanks again.

Definitely want to put in my own thanks for giving warning beforehand^^ Most of the time admins tend to do that sort of thing without warning, and you didn't have to let us know, so I know I think it's totally awesome of you to warn us^^
    ~RL= Nightmare... RP Interest= Bedridden...~

Artist and Writer: http://tigerkytti.deviantart.com/
    Self Proclaimed Goddess of RP, and Corrupter of the Innocent!
    The Jayded Tygress
    Kytti

YAYNESS! it's back!!! I was really starting to worry. Sadly lost a big chunk of my weekend posting time, but glad it has returned!

(Cross posting)

Dammit After everything was moved (and working) I went out for the night. But something crashed, and the auto repair process I have, didn't work correctly, due to the file paths changing with some of the updates. Bleh.

aww sorry, so you didn't even know it wasn't working, huh? Well thank you for fixing things up, much appreciated!

I normally get notifications of downtime, but because of all the server changes I made (multiple sites), I must have overlooked this one. The issue occurred about two hours after everything was running, so I was already a few drinks into a fun night.

ha ha, oops. Well thank you for fixing things when you noticed the issue, your hard work really is appreciated.

You're welcome I'm just glad the site data all transitioned smoothly. I'd hate to have lost posts or something.

Reoccurring NPC
    Lost posts would've sucked indeed.
    You're amazing. o_o
    One who encounters tradegy can become a great force.