Login to your account

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC : Protectors of Existence

Hello there! :3

My first ever RP on here, got lots of hopes and motivation for this one, hoping to see some people

Anyone is welcome, please post here, PM or go ahead and start a character. Questions are welcome, I love em.
    Last edited by MK Emaster; 10-05-2014 at 10:43 PM.

I should be writing a post for Rewind, but I'd rather make a character for this role-play, lolol.

idk, it's hot where I am and I hate drafting posts in this kind of weather. But, really, I'm just making excuses, lolol. orz

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

haha I can relate, I'd stare for hours at the screen and end up not writing a word either, don't know if that too is laziness.
    Anyway glad to see you here! ^^ And take your time with the character, currently my priorities are for Rewind xD

Oh shit, lololol.

I should have checked other people's profiles before drafting up Risel. orz

Thank god, I took a break to look around because it'd have been a serious pain in the ass if I had to re-draft after finishing everything, haha. But fear not, the hashtags are here to stay, aww yeaaaah. lolol.

TUMBLR.

Man, everyone is from all these really awesome worlds and now I feel compelled to spruce up Danny's (I was just going to go with an alternative Earth that was remarkably similar to our own Earth, lolol...).

I'm also moving at a snail's pace with his profile.

But, Xav, was Reino's universe inspired by Psycho Pass? If not, you should definitely check out the series (they're airing a second season and a movie). It's not everyone's cup of tea and it might take a second watch to catch the little things, but it's, imo, definitely worth the time.

TUMBLR.

But Earth earth is so cool with its hashtags and weed and farmer's markets (#yolocountyrepresent) D:

I will probably finish the profile tomorrow ;__; All I have left is personality because I've hit a wall for no reason. For all those in the zombie thread and masquerade expect a post in the next few hours!
    Current Status: Trying to be an adult but still lurking and whatnot.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Battlenet => Smallkine#1325
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    RPNation => Yandere Self Aware
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Oh god, Yolo County...

It was so terrible when that song came out and I was living in the area. Although, now that I'm gone, I sort of miss the place. But not the heat waves. Never the heat waves.

I've gone through so many drafts, lol. I'm almost done; I'll probably be finished tomorrow evening or the day after.

TUMBLR.

When it's hot it's hot and when it's cold, why is it still hot?

I also noticed your many, many drafts xD
    You should just make whoever you stick with be from there
    #startedfromthebottom #nowmywholeteamhere #protection #yolo

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

I don't get the weather in landlocked area. ):

I grew up in the Bay Area, so the weather (which was miserable all the time save for the two weeks in Spring where it was perfect) was the hardest thing to adjust to. That and the fact that, apparently, there was a Black Widow farm in the area... I... I don't even know.

Good grief, I don't even know what I'm doing anymore? I think I'm just so tired that I'm cycling through ideas at a relentless pace, lol. I love how I started off with the clinical psychopath/organized sociopath with a narcissistic streak a mile long to a significantly more congenial character to a less flimsy design to an utterly unlikable asshole to, well, this.

And, LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I totally caved though and went for a completely fictional world. But I might change that back to, uh, you know, more Earth-y, lolol. It's too late to be trying to think right now. I can't believe I'm still awake.

Final edit before I sleep, but, seriously, I have to go sleep now, lol. Made Danny come from Earth-Earth. Not our Earth, but close enough, lolol. I'm insane and I'm pretty sure it shows in my writing now, lolol. /sob

Last edited by joonsexual; 10-08-2014 at 09:20 AM.

TUMBLR.

Quote Originally Posted by joonsexual View Post

But, Xav, was Reino's universe inspired by Psycho Pass? If not, you should definitely check out the series (they're airing a second season and a movie). It's not everyone's cup of tea and it might take a second watch to catch the little things, but it's, imo, definitely worth the time.

Ha ha, yes. Psycho-Pass, D. Gray Man, and Pacific Rim were the shows/movies that helped inspire Threat Level, which is where I yanked Reino from.

I'm super excited for Psycho-Pass 2! It's supposed to come out on the 10th. Not sure if that's in Japan only but whatevs, at least there's going to be a second season! And I heard about the movie, too. Can't wait for all of it to eventually come in English Sub since I am not skilled in the art of speaking Japanese. ._.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Final edit before I sleep, but, seriously, I have to go sleep now, lol. Made Danny come from Earth-Earth. Not our Earth, but close enough, lolol. I'm insane and I'm pretty sure it shows in my writing now, lolol. /sob

Lol, it's okay Reino's world is pretty Earth-Earth like too. Only WAY advanced so we'll call it Earth 2.0. xD

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Quote Originally Posted by Cows Go Moo View Post

#startedfromthebottom #nowmywholeteamhere #protection #yolo
    Don't know why I read that in Drake's accent and voice. and oh, btw, I like literally rolled on the floor laughing, god I laughed more than I should! XD

@Joonsexual Love how we can actually follow through your brainstorming/drafting the character haha, it is like being in your head XD And don't worry, it is not as if my character's world is anything impressive-- Steam-powered earth that is seeing the birth of super powered youth-- meh. Boring XD

So far Reino's world the most awesome yet, but I haven't fully read Cows' character yet, on it now.

Dat's because... FUUUUT-TURE.
    (with robits and other techy, sci-fi stuff)

Wait, what is that from, FUUUUUT-TURE.
    <.<
    Is it Sponge Bob.
    I feel like it's Sponge Bob.
    Yup. I was right.
    Sponge Bob.
    Er, well, Squirward but you get the idea.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Actually, reading Liana's world, it doesn't sound too different from Reino's world. Well, depending on which area you hail from. And iinstead of being famed athletic heroes, those who are criminals become enhanced for war against monsters. Liana and Reino might get along based on this whole "enhanced for something" concept, assuming she's okay with chatting up a murderer. xD
    Last edited by Xavirne; 10-08-2014 at 07:35 PM.

- hangouts -

@joon: don't sweat your character too much xD
    It was interesting seeing you swing from Andrew to Danny to Andy...back to Danny. I think he turned out pretty nice though.

@Xavi: I think they could definitely get along in a sort of mutual silence way. Most athletes are basically murders anyway, even if killing is quasilegal in GBU
    She'd probably bother him every time she had an internal crisis though lol

@MK: protect 'istence erryday erryday
    Last edited by Cows Go Moo; 10-08-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

@Xavi hahaha yeah the future is kewl. Loved that episode! XD

And yeah I just finished reading Liana's sheet, her world is quite interesting, I found it similar to Reino's in the term of using powered individuals for something. But yeah, Reino's world used it in a much darker way. But also Liana's world is no short of corruption and its own sense of darkness, even though it was more global universal 'sport' than anything.

It seems the characters all share some kinda theme, each world has this new sort of 'powered' people showing up, and each world utilized it in a way. Can't wait to see how those different characters would fit on a team! XD

Next up I'm re-reading DANNY. Also we need some moarrr peeps >.<

@ COWS :

lolol, I would have changed his name, but I forgot to save the .pdf and it's too much trouble to try to recreate the image. It's not even a difficult image work, but, man, I'm lazy, lol.

I just... I had an idea in mind, but then I kept defaulting to something else and it was just so infuriating. I got so little sleep last night (ended up sleeping at around 4) that, right now, it's a chore to try and stay awake.

@ XAV :

It'll probably get subbed pretty quick, I think. It's pretty popular, lol.

As for me, I'll probably watch it without subtitles because I need to just practice listening. I'm so balls at conversation that it's embarrassing. The other day, I was on Skype with my cousin and he just spent the hour laughing at my terrible Japanese, lolol.

@ MK :

Nah, I think all of the worlds are pretty cool and there's so much potential depth to them. I think, for Danny, I might just make his world a world of superheroes (think Ultimate Spiderman). Something like that, who knows. I'm so sleep-deprived right now, lol.

TUMBLR.

@Joon I totally give double thumbs up for that, a modern-esque superhero world (like that of the Ultimate universe) is quite fitting. Always thought it was cooler than the more classic goofy superhero world where colorful and weird costumes are the norm.

Superheroes? Yes please! My original idea for this was going to be a superhero academy (think Tiger&Bunny mixed with Sky High) with either Liana or an old b/c character but I chose Liana and things ended up...different lol

Plus I'm sure Marcus will be happy that there's someone on the team whose world isn't full of so much damage

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Ugh, I love the premise of Tiger and Bunny (superheroes seeking out sponsorships?). It's just so genius. The story is okay, but the idea is freaking glorious.

And, haha, I totally didn't just finish re-watching the Ultimate Spiderman and it isn't totally inspiring everything in my life right now. orz But can I just say that I love Nova? So stupid. He is so stupid and I love that, lol.

TUMBLR.

Is Ultimate Spider-Man really that good? My heart's been broken ever since Spectacular Spider-Man was cancelled and I don't know if I can love again ;___; I was only thinking of seeing the episodes where they showed Miles Morales because I think he's a really neat guy and I can't resist Donald Glover

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Well, I liked the show, lol.

I know that a popular criticism of the series is that it's less of a "spiderman" series and more of a "spiderman and random guest star" series. It doesn't have a real story (there's a persistent problem, but it gets covered up by the revolving doors of random features), but I really appreciated that after watching Young Justice.

The humor isn't the wittiest thing on the planet, but it's accessible and enjoyable. It's juvenile, but I think that's part of its charm. ;3

I'd definitely recommend checking out a few episodes though—especially if you're on the fence about it. Also, the Peter Parker in this variation is significantly less annoying than in, idk, most Spiderman renditions, lolol.

TUMBLR.

Quote Originally Posted by Cows Go Moo View Post
    Superheroes? Yes please! My original idea for this was going to be a superhero academy (think Tiger&Bunny mixed with Sky High) with either Liana or an old b/c character but I chose Liana and things ended up...different lol
    When I read her profile, I thought it was Tron (when they are doing the disk battles) meets Tiger and Bunny meets the Hunger Games meets a Soap Opera. xD

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Ugh, I love the premise of Tiger and Bunny (superheroes seeking out sponsorships?). It's just so genius. The story is okay, but the idea is freaking glorious.

I totes hate it. Absolutely hate it. *begins to hide all the Kotetsu stuff*

- hangouts -

Because I mentioned YJ, I suddenly felt all my feels return and hit me in the heart with a sledge hammer.

WHY, TV NETWORK? WHY DID YOU CANCEL IT!? DON'T YOU KNOW THAT I NEED MORE BLUEPULSE IN MY LIFE!? jhfksjdfdks.

Okay. I'm good to go. Maybe. Sort of. Not at all, lolol. /sobbingmess

@ XAV :

I totally believe you. I'll even help you torch the stuff; toss some accelerant al lover it. /grabs gasoline cans

TUMBLR.

Well, I liked the show, lol.

I know that a popular criticism of the series is that it's less of a "spiderman" series and more of a "spiderman and random guest star" series. It doesn't have a real story (there's a persistent problem, but it gets covered up by the revolving doors of random features), but I really appreciated that after watching Young Justice.

The humor isn't the wittiest thing on the planet, but it's accessible and enjoyable. It's juvenile, but I think that's part of its charm. ;3

I'd definitely recommend checking out a few episodes though—especially if you're on the fence about it. Also, the Peter Parker in this variation is significantly less annoying than in, idk, most Spiderman renditions, lolol.
    Juvenile humor? Sounds like my kind of show! I just might check it out then. I admit I've been disappointed by the Amazing Spider-Man movies (Dane Dehaan aside) so hopefully I have the time to watch c:

Because I mentioned YJ, I suddenly felt all my feels return and hit me in the heart with a sledge hammer.

WHY, TV NETWORK? WHY DID YOU CANCEL IT!? DON'T YOU KNOW THAT I NEED MORE BLUEPULSE IN MY LIFE!? jhfksjdfdks.

Okay. I'm good to go. Maybe. Sort of. Not at all, lolol. /sobbingmess
    )): don't remind me bby. It was just hitting its stride with the time skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
    When I read her profile, I thought it was Tron (when they are doing the disk battles) meets Tiger and Bunny meets the Hunger Games meets a Soap Opera. xD

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

I totes hate it. Absolutely hate it. *begins to hide all the Kotetsu stuff*
    Yeah that's basically a lot of it minus the virtual reality LOLOL
    People will die a great deal either way :P

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

ugh, I wasn't really digging the first season (idk, superboy was so, so, so whiny...), but, ugh, the second season was like doing some major overtime work.

It's so infuriating that the series got cancelled! And I know that it's still being serialized as a comic, but, ugh, I'm not trying to read here, lolololol.

And, aww, I actually really like the reboot, lol. I definitely prefer Garfield over Maguire, but I'd be even happier if Sony would just give the rights back to Marvel. :/

TUMBLR.

ugh, I wasn't really digging the first season (idk, superboy was so, so, so whiny...), but, ugh, the second season was like doing some major overtime work.

It's so infuriating that the series got cancelled! And I know that it's still being serialized as a comic, but, ugh, I'm not trying to read here, lolololol.

And, aww, I actually really like the reboot, lol. I definitely prefer Garfield over Maguire, but I'd be even happier if Sony would just give the rights back to Marvel. :/

Superboy was definitely the deadweight in season one, but I think the thing for me was that the timeskip felt very...abrupt. I really do regret not seeing it through until the end though :/ Had I known that YJ would get cancelled I'd have been more adamant about my love q___q The animation was so nice and Roy Harper...just Roy Harper.

I'm sorry, I'm in the minority! ): Spider-Man 2 just holds a special place in my heart and I felt like while Garfield was a better Spider-Man, Maguire was a better Peter Parker. I wish I could combine the two >___<That being said, Spider-Man 3 was a cluster fuck. NEVER AGAIN LOL

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

I still need to see the ASM2 since it was filmed in Rochester, NY, where I originally hail from. That lucky dog boyfriend of mine by sheer coincidence got to see them film a part of the show. His roommate had to go to court for some reason and, whilst there, they got to watch the car chase scene. Now I want to watch the movie to see if I know exactly where they filmed it. xD

- hangouts -

@ COWS ;

I felt like while Garfield was a better Spider-Man, Maguire was a better Peter Parker. I wish I could combine the two >___<That being said, Spider-Man 3 was a cluster fuck. NEVER AGAIN LOL

I completely and totally agree with this sentiment, lolol. Everything. Absolutely this.

And, nah, I have friends who don't like the reboot either. I remember they told me not to watch it because it was a waste of time/money, but I ignored them because Garfield was pretty cute in the trailers, lol.

OMG. I loved Arsenal in that series, lol. Honestly, second season was so much more enjoyable than the first, haha. Are you watching The Arrow?

@ XAV :

When you get the chance, you should def watch the movie. I don't have too much to say on the topic other than I liked it, but I feel like that endorsement should be enough, hahaha. /bricked

TUMBLR.

@ COWS ;

I completely and totally agree with this sentiment, lolol. Everything. Absolutely this.

And, nah, I have friends who don't like the reboot either. I remember they told me not to watch it because it was a waste of time/money, but I ignored them because Garfield was pretty cute in the trailers, lol.

OMG. I loved Arsenal in that series, lol. Honestly, second season was so much more enjoyable than the first, haha. Are you watching The Arrow?
    That is true. How can you resist a face like

Kreygasm

I watched the first season.
    Spoiler Spoiler
    Laurel annoyed me. Oliver was kind of a hypocrite, something I'm hoping they changed in the later seasons. Everything left me pretty ??? so I feel like I ought to continue whenever I have the down time/it's up on Netflix. I mean if Black Canary's going to show up too I got to get in on this. I'm thinking of watching the new Flash series too just to see if it's as deliciously cheesy as it looks in the television commercials.
    Last edited by Cows Go Moo; 10-14-2014 at 05:28 AM.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

He's so adorable. Ugh, perf. /touchesscreen

You might want to put that bit about Arrow in a spoiler tag, haha. Just in case other people haven't seen it yet. Also, second season is on Netflix! ;3

I have mixed feelings about the series, but I do think it does a lot of things really well (all things considering it's a CW show, so, my expectations are kind of low, lolol). And, I haven't watched Flash yet, I might though... just so if it's any good, we can spaz together like idiots, lolololol.

TUMBLR.

Augh how could I forget *facepalm* I figured everyone would have known already my bad lol I loved Garfield from The Social Network and some short films he did so it was like *claws screen*
    Totally not going to throw life away to watch Arrow season 2 and rewatch YJ
    Also yes please watch with me so I can have a watching buddy

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1