"HIME," his voice ripped across the bloody battlefield as he moved with uncanny speed toward the woman whose body was mere inches from death. Eyes fixated on her form, his body shifted, altering from that of a seemingly normal man to that of a man with robotic body augments and unusual powers. He was unlike anything else, a new bred of man. No, a new bred of SFA-agents.

Hand melting into the golden gun in his palm, the connection was made. In a glowing, burning, raging light, a man whose arm became the gun appeared. His metal stomach and torso shifted to reveal a chest plate much to what those of Earth would identify as Iron Man's suit. His shoes became metal boots with rocket boosters, which propelled him forward all the faster. There was nothing, absolutely nothing that would stop him from saving the woman he loved.

Teeth grit, he charged forward to collide with the forces that dared disrupt the peace that ceased to exist. As his body hit the large, feral monster, he let out a disgruntled scream.

"FUCK YOU," he shouted before stuffing his gun-hand into the overly large snake's mouth. The venom in the saliva would have killed a normal man, but not him. This golden-eyed man known was Reino, clad in a fancy-ass tuxedo, was unlike most. His body was half-man, half-machine -- the spoils of fighting monsters that were god-like in power and appearance. And no, the mechanical parts weren't by choice. They were by near-death experiences.

Hailing from a time far in the future where thoughts altered appearance and science was on the forefront of the world, Reino's life was far from easy. As glamorous as it might sound, chaos was always around the corner. Threat Levels, the mental state of the mind that determined ones ability to commit crimes, might have been at an all time low, but the threat of monsters from another world were at an all time high.

The SFA, Special Force Agency, was created to deal with crime. Then, when the monsters came, they were tasked with stopping the monsters. They had come a long way -- a very long way. However, in the mist of their soon-to-be-success, a dark truth was revealed. Those who held the most power fell corrupt to said power. They wanted to prove their worth and turn the monsters against those who didn't bend to their reign. Uninterested in the politics, a select team of the SFA broke free to fight the monsters -- both literal and those of man. They were to eradicate the monsters that crossed into their world from another AND they were to bring about the end of the dictatorship. They were to forge peace. They were to forge freedom. They were to break the rules and start an empire anew.

BANG BANG, went his gun as it fired into the mouth of the snake. It probably didn't look effective, but it was. Rolling from the monster, he landed squarely beside Hime. "You okay," he said with sympathy in his eyes.

The place was a bloody mess. Death was everywhere. Loli, Mozilla, Cias -- all dead. Discord -- buried. Artemis, Shadow, Volkov, Ashes -- all wounded. Sai, Sycom, Vex -- all on their last legs as they tried to defend their fallen and injured friends.

Was this really the fate of his friends? The air around him seemed calm, almost still. Then, out of nowhere, a blinding white light came. Squinting his eyes, a short form appeared before him. Without hesitation, he spoke.

"Ashes, if you've been holding back, I'm going to rip you a new one."

"I am not the cat-man you speak of." The white light dimmed and the short man, old man, became visible.

"Oh god, don't ever tell Ashes I mistook you for him. He would be so pissed. Although," he turned to look at the grizzled man he called Ashes, "I do see some similarities."

"What? Please don't lump me in with that bag of fleas!" For being old and obviously not of their world (seriously, why dress like that when you can alter your looks on a whim), he sure was a testy one. Reino quirked a brow before moving his attention to the war around him. Everything was... everything was... moving in slow motion?

"Who are you," he swung his gun-hand around and pointed at the old-geezer. As he did such, the weapon-hand morphed from a rocket-launcher to a pistol.

"I am Elder Naghum. I come to you with a mission to save your world and may other wor-"

"I'm in." Holstering his gun, his hand transformed back into a hand. Extending it forward, he stared at Naghum until he finally stuck his hand out.

"But you know nothing about the mission?" Naghum had yet to meet someone so willing to get on-board with such an outlandish, seemingly insane idea. Why was Reino so willing to accept it and without even knowing all the fine details?

"I don't care. I don't need to know the mission. If helping you saves my world, saves Hime, I'll do whatever I can. I won't let those I love fall from my hands again. I already lost my mother. I won't lose the woman I love."

Reino's gaze softened as he stepped from the white light and moved to Hime. Placing a kiss on her lips, he stroked her cheek before whispering, "I will be back. Just keep fighting and I'll do the same." Another kiss was dropped on her nose. "I love you."

Moving back into the light that surrounded Naghum, Reino fixed his posture so he stood tall and proud. "Ready whenever you are, Sir." And, like that, Reino took the first step toward his new mission. Whatever was in store for him, he didn't care. He would win. He would succeed. And when it was all said and done, he would come back here and ask Hime to marry him.