Login to your account

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OOC : REWIND : TAKE 2

I don't understand jyutping. It's seriously some messed up looking phonetics, lolol. Gimme pinyin all day, err'day.

And me too! Although, my favorite snack from HK has to be curry fish balls. I have to get it whenever I go back. Just like whenever I go to Japan, I have to have nabe. I don't care if the season is summer; we're all gonna have sore throats tomorrow. I am an A+++ person.

I think, when I was still at Davis, I always whined about the complete absence of HK cafes. So whenever I went home, it was like, "Guys, guys, we're gonna go get 下午茶 (xiawucha—yeah, I'm not even going to try to figure this one out. I know there's an "ng" somewhere and I'm going nope... lol)."

I mean, what would it even look like??

Haa-ng-cha???

See, jyutping looks nothing like what it sounds like. Pinyin, though, xia(4)-wu(3)-cha(2) is exactly what it looks like. Man, I'm so generous, I'm even giving the tone, lolol.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Jyuping is magical. It makes the apa look ezpz.

Auugh, I want to go to HK >________< I haven't been out of the country in years and where better than a food mecca lol. The only time I've eaten curried fish balls was when mom made it.

Also I have no idea. At first when I read that I misread the "午" for "cow" so it confused me until I realized what you meant lol. But yeah, afternoon tea is and always will be the best :3

I suppose part of it is that I grew up learning jyuping so it's more intuitive. *shrugs* it doesn't help though that Canto people love their slang.
    Current Status: Trying to be an adult but still lurking and whatnot.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Battlenet => Smallkine#1325
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    RPNation => Yandere Self Aware
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Jyutping doesn't follow the rules; it just makes up its own, lol.

Street food is so excellent in Asia. I'm so sad that this kind of culture doesn't really exist in the US. It's not like I don't understand why, but, some days, I just want to walk out at 11PM and have steaming hot food in my hands as I wander the streets, lol. The next time you get to travel, eat all the food. Just stuff your face and stay outdoors all the time. You won't gain a pound from the food because you'll sweat it all out, lol.

LOLOL. All the deals happen then too. Good food tastes so much better when it's cheap, lolol.

I don't natively speak Cantonese and neither does my mom. We had to learn it because my dad and his side of the family speak it so it was a learn-out-of-necessity thing!

TUMBLR.

When I was but 4-6 My dad and mom took me on an eastern adventure, visiting Taiwan, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Manila, Malaysia and lots of Pilipino provinces. It was the best days of my life, I don't fully remember them but judging from the boxes of Fuji films I have I had one hell of a childhood!!! My dad and mom really loved taking photos!

Anyway I brought this up to say that among the great experience in my eastern touring was the FOOD! seriously man, Asia got the best and flamboyantly greatest interesting food there is! God those pansete canton with chicken cubes, delicious greenies half fried with soy sauce. Or the awesome street market BBQ seafood, or fried bananas! Ahhhhhh T__T

I wish my parents took more pictures of my childhood. I would have loved to see some of my childhood experiences as an adult, but, sadly, my parents are not that big on picture-taking. ):

The seafood in Asia is really next level, lol. My favorite thing about it is that, in some areas (like the fish markets in Japan), you can buy the fish fresh and bring it to a nearby restaurant (I'm talking walking distance) and they'll cook it for you. It's so great.

Fried bananas though... man, I have a serious thing against bananas. To me, it is literally the most inferior fruit of all the fruits and I hate durian. So, yeah, lolol. I will only tolerate bananas because they are really healthy and cheap, but... disgusting.... lolol. I'm sorry. ))):

TUMBLR.

I have seen and used those kinda stores, it was awesome during lazy days to have mom buy fish and then go to another store to get them cooked, when she didn't feel like getting bothered with cooking xD (God I love fried fish)

OMG don't insult the banana! >

Oh my god, how have I never responded to this??

I have to tell you: Bananas are truly the most inferior fruit of all time, lol. I hate banana everything. I never think: man, this much taste delicious because there are bananas in it.

... lolololol

TUMBLR.

I wanted to get a post done today, but that didn't happen. Obviously. . ___ . ;

I'll definitely get a post in within the next few days (have to give myself some wriggle room, you know?). Sorry for the delay and everything.

TUMBLR.

All good. I'm trying to get this midterm nailed-the-fuck-down so all I've been doing is chatting and praying my computer fixes itself in my free time/non class time. Don't feel bad about taking breaks (:

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Good luck with your exams! I lived with a bunch of STEM students and I always remembered how awful their schedules looked after the first exam. Just a constant rotation of exams and practicals. I feel for you guys, really. ):

TUMBLR.

If we're being honest, the workload doesn't bother me add much as the professors. Most of them are so knowledgeable that they can't seem to teach/communicate the material in a digestible way. One of the answers for my practice midterm was literally "draw the structure". Worse yet, a TA couldn't explain an important way of solving a problem since "it just makes sense in my head".

/Rant

I am so done after tomorrow

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

I'm so glad that things like midterms and finals aren't a thing for me anymore, haha.

Until, of course, grad school, which will happen in the next two or three years. Oh good god. ):

TUMBLR.

Grad school? Nothing like writing dissertations and TAing
    What are you applying fur? Masters, PhD?

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Grad school? Nothing like writing dissertations and TAing
    You misspelled "slave labor."

I'm planning to go into education. Or, if I end up getting a job at an investment firm (I'm starting to apply, lol), I'll go back for my MBA. I don't know, it really depends, but, either way, I'm on-track for getting an advance degree.

I come from a very academic-oriented family (a substantial number of my relatives either hold masters or doctorates in their respective fields), so it was never a question of "would I go," but "when I would go."

TUMBLR.

Same thing! And that's pretty cool o: Would the plan (for edu) be teaching kids or something else? I'm not really familiar with the job.fields for education other than teaching (or research?)

It's interesting that you have so many degrees in the family though. I think you might be the first person I've heard of having more than 2 or 3 advanced degrees

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

I'll post as Evan tomorrow. I don't have the energy to write another post, drafting Amy was already tiring enough. ):

@ COWS :

I'm hoping to go into teaching. The plan is to teach K-12 and then, maybe in the future, a community college. Or opening up a prep center.

I don't know that many families like mine either, haha. But that might also be because most of my friends' families work in finance or software whereas my family is predominantly made up of doctors and lawyers.

TUMBLR.

A thought occurred to me today and I figured I'd check in.

Since the team is, more or less, done with the initial opener, do you guys want to skip ahead by a few hours? It would give us a chance to reorient and reposition our characters. If we skip ahead, characters don't necessarily have to be grouped together.

Of course, what we do will be up to what you guys want. Group effort and everything.

TUMBLR.

I'm down for a timeskip since everyone's headed off in different directions. Maybe we can all restart at the meeting room or the antique shop?

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Yes, I also feel that, given developing circumstances, unless there's a very strong reason to continue the current scene, it's best to skip ahead. So, if there aren't any clear objections, I will setup the new scene.

As for the relocation... I'd prefer that we avoid the meeting room. As far as environments go, it's not very interesting and I'm afraid that, if we start there, we'll waste a lot of time "traveling" again. Personally, I'd vote to simply start off where we need to be, already paired or grouped off.

So, for now, we have one vote for antique shop.

TUMBLR.

Antique shops works. They could have dedebriefed in the meeting room and we're now catching them as they leave. Everyone knows the status and they're working on correcting it. I would even be okay with a night scene. That way they can sneak

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Oh shoot...

I've been taking days to get to anything... everything...

I'll setup the scene within the next few days! Totally sorry about the delay and the lag and everything... But, you know how it is... holiday season... No? Okay, lol.

TUMBLR.

Tis the season for a stressin

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Alright... so, split up accordingly? More people should be "investigating" lolol.... Or whatever.

Evan will be visiting the antique store and Amy will be part of the, er, "investigating" group.

The investigating group will need to decide what their game plan is. Like... I don't even know, lololol. LET'S JUST BE CREATIVE, OKAY? OKAY.

TUMBLR.

gg thought I replied to this but nope. I'll try to post soon? At a bit of a loss for what to do other than reintroducing ourselves and then splitting off into better organized groups.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

@ COWS :

Oh, don't worry about posting! I should have provided a starter several weeks ago, but things happened and I don't really have enough time to role-play right now!

So, to everyone, Rewind is going under hiatus. I'll still be around the board (more so than I have been in the past few weeks), but I'll be dropping all of my role-plays. Really, apologies all around.

TUMBLR.

All good! Take care of your IRL stuff first~

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Oh man, Rewind was one of the last features of 2014.

What an awkward timing, lolol.

TUMBLR.