Login to your account

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC : REWIND : TAKE 2

This is a remake, which is why some of the links redirect to older journals.

15 September 2014: The thread is still being updated, but I am accepting applications for characters!

Rules :

❶ Have fun, stay classy.
    ❷ Do not steal anything. If you do, I will report you.

Last edited by joonsexual; 09-16-2014 at 12:17 AM.

I remember seeing this kind of regretted not joining (I blame summer school taking over) >____< But the world you've built looks really, really cool so I'm definitely looking into one of the roles o: (Probably either Telekinesis or Exorcism). But yeah a few more questions before I actually get the ball rolling:

-Do you have a preferred aesthetic for profile pictures (drawn vs. photographs)
    -Do DIs remain the physical structure that they died at? For example, if someone who died happened to be color blind would they still be color blind after resurrection or would any sort physical impairments be cured?
    -Is there a specific profile format or do we just follow the general character creation?
    Last edited by Cows Go Moo; 09-16-2014 at 12:39 AM.
    Current Status: Trying to be an adult but still lurking and whatnot.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Battlenet => Smallkine#1325
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    RPNation => Yandere Self Aware
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

@COWS;

I think I've tried to run this game on this site several times, but, every time, I've just scrapped it due to low interest/low motivation, haha.

Q1: I definitely prefer illustrations to photographs. When it comes to illustrations, my only request is that the face claim isn't easily recognizable (e.g. no images that are obviously of Naruto or similar, etc).

Q2: All DIs will look as they did at their time of death minus any injuries their death might have included. So, if your character died in a fiery car crash, their limbs wouldn't be mangled and mutilated. They might have some scarring (note: in general, wounds after death do not mar the flesh, but wounds derived from death and earlier can leave permanent marks), but their lungs wouldn't be punctured and pouring blood for all of eternity. This appearance, however, is seen only by other DIs and Death Gods. Everyone else on Earth will see them slightly differently. Like, they have some similarities, but not enough for anyone alive to make the visible connection.

With regards to color-blindness, that will stay with the person. The only things that will be cured or corrected for are things that occur at the time of death, if that makes any sense.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

xD This time's the charm maybe? I found the character I was originally working on so hopefully it'll work out this time. He also coincidentally only has illustrated pictures so it shouldn't be a problem, although I imagine that for those who previously had sensory problems it would be a real trip to suddenly find out that your injury actually cured whatever issues you had.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

@ COWS:

I had debated about whether or not characters would be "healthier" in death, but I voted against it.

And, hopefully! We'll see, but I think things are gonna be good this time, haha.

TUMBLR.

Oh man, Leland. For some reason, I just imagine him constantly being irritated by Evan's superfluous nature, lolol.

And thanks for getting the profile in so promptly! (:

Now to wait for more people to join or something. I'm not even really sure how recruitment will work on this site.

TUMBLR.

Oh my goodness a new RP! > w <

@STRUDE:

Haha, yeah, I decided to set up Rewind again.

I have a newer/different version of Rewind running on Gaia, but I figured I could use something a bit more relaxed and fun-oriented.

TUMBLR.

Quote Originally Posted by joonsexual View Post
    Oh man, Leland. For some reason, I just imagine him constantly being irritated by Evan's superfluous nature, lolol.

And thanks for getting the profile in so promptly! (:

Now to wait for more people to join or something. I'm not even really sure how recruitment will work on this site.
    Obviously you gotta tie up kidnap people to get them to join! But no I think that a recruit thread will do the trick.

And Leland's pretty much born a wet blanket so if anything he'll need the spontaneity!

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

@ COWS :

That actually seems like the best thing to do. Hopefully people will be interested and this role-play will take off. ;3

Haha, Evan has enough spontaneity for a small country, lol. tbh, I'm surprised that he'd work the job for as long as he did. Whenever I think about it, I always imagine him skipping out and roaming the wilderness while the evading the Death Gods, haha.

TUMBLR.

That's probably why it takes our gang so long to solve these mysteries. Leland has to reign in our ball of energy

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

He needs a personal babysitter. One that isn't afraid to clock him in the face for being an irresponsible prat, haha.

TUMBLR.

Out of curiosity was Rewind at all influenced by RIPD? I was talking to two friends of mine about this and one of them referenced the movie haha

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

@ COWS :

Surprisingly, not at all, haha.

I came up with Rewind years before the movie was released, but the premise was somewhat different. For example, it didn't have the supernatural or police element (those were more recent additions, but still a year or two old). It was also under a different name (Five More Minutes) and genre (Drama, Romance), lol.

Rewind, in its original version, was inspired by Dead Like Me and a short story I had read. After some tweaking (and having re-watched Men In Black 1/2), I threw in the supernatural.

I was actually really surprised when I saw the trailers for RIPD and I really wanted to watch it, but none of my friends seemed interested and, after they saw the ratings, they just didn't want to go at all. I still want to watch it. I don't care if most people thought the movie was whatever; it has Ryan Reynolds and that's good enough for me, hahaha.

TUMBLR.

it has Ryan Reynolds and that's good enough for me, hahaha.
    And that's the only reason you should watch the movie. Ignore the acting. Ignore the story. Just watch the pretty man

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

xDD Yes, just mute the entire movie and let the pretty people do their thang~
    Dead Like Me (after looking it up) seems interesting although it's a shame it's only 29 season ):

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

@STRUDE:

Haha, yeah, I decided to set up Rewind again.

I have a newer/different version of Rewind running on Gaia, but I figured I could use something a bit more relaxed and fun-oriented.
    Oh cool. I haven't been RPing at all in a slump. Settled on writing instead.

This game looks good though, layout/graphics and base concept. You alway impress love.

@ XAV :

Attractive people are the only reason I ever watch anything, lol.

@ COWS :

Dead Like Me had so much potential! When it was cancelled, I was super sad. If I recall correctly, the televised series was great. The movie that came out afterwards was... I wouldn't recommend watching it, haha.

@ STRUDE :

I'm not patient enough to write full stories. I barely have the motivation to write short stories. haha.

But, thanks! I actually just reused the same image for both games, lolol. Laziness is the greatest thing ever.

Last edited by joonsexual; 09-17-2014 at 11:12 PM.

TUMBLR.

Hm, I'm thinking of picking up another character, but... hm...

Also, do you guys want to wait for more applicants or start on the first case?

TUMBLR.

Oh shoot I didn't even notice we picked up someone new! Sup Kora, what's your damage? I wouldn't mind either option tbh, but me being excited wants to start xDD
    Who were you thinking of taking up by the way?

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Oh, you know. Destroying the hopes and dreams of all the pretty-eyed boys. Bwah ha ha ha.

O.o It feels weird being a female. If I call her a he at any point during my post, lemme know. This whole "being my own gender" thing is just too weird. xD

And I'm fine either way. I just won't be around this weekend so I can't post until Tuesday. Do we know of anyone who would like to join? Who wanted to join the original REWIND? Could always invite 'm to join this one (assuming they haven't done so already).

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

Too used to playing boys now eh? xD I feel like Leland's going to feel like even more of an old man with Kora and Evan both being so extroverted.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

Hm, I think I'll get things started either later tonight or in the afternoon tomorrow. And don't worry too much about posting at break-neck speed, lol. There's only the three of us right now, I think we can find a good equilibrium among us, haha.

@ COWS :

I was thinking of picking up Intent Detection because I don't think it's a particularly popular skill, lol.

@ XAV :

The people originally interested in Rewind aren't on the site anymore. ): And, unfortunately, I don't really know of anyone who would be interested in joining.

TUMBLR.

Sounds good! And I suppose that intent detection isn't as action packed as the others? Makes for good interrogating though

Edit: I feels you joon ): I linked this to one of my cousins, but she hasn't replied to me
    Last edited by Cows Go Moo; 09-18-2014 at 11:23 PM.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

@ COWS :

I really like Intent Detection, lol.

It's a quirky skill, but it's really not the flashiest. I just want to have a character that, at random will yell, "DUCK!!!" And someone, not reacting fast enough, just gets beaned by a stray soccer ball, lol.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Alright, so I've gone ahead and posted the opening post.

I'm just going to explain a few things about how this role-play works and what all that information I just put out is supposed to mean.

First, the opening bit is a just a way to introduce the episode/case.

Second, the setting information given after the story is the current in-game conditions. The murder occurred sometime late last night and it is currently 8:30 AM in the game.

Third, "The Case" section is meant to help you figure out some direction for your character. Certain information can only be learned by doing certain actions. I'll trust you guys to know how to incorporate the facts into your posts.

Fourth, the mission's difficulty gauge will let you know how dangerous an assignment is. The characters are not aware of the difficulty gauge; that is a tool for us as writers.

If there are any questions about what to do or clarifications on what should and shouldn't be done, don't hesitate to ask!

EDIT: Usually, if a secondary location is listed, it's a good idea to check the place out because, some times, it prompts another "event" post, which will have more concrete information. But, take care, not all "event" posts are de facto truths. Some times, they're meant to be misleading. But, hey, that's part of the fun, right?

Last edited by joonsexual; 09-19-2014 at 02:39 AM.

TUMBLR.

Ohh it's all so very mysterious~
    So to be clear, when we write our character's opening post it should be taking place during the scene-setter? I'll probably start thinking about what exactly Leland can do in this case and maybe post tonight.

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

@ COWS :

The intro posts will take place at 8:30 AM of the following morning. So, a good 6-7 hours after the incident. You can either have your post take place immediately after the team was debriefed (the Death God who gave them the assignment will have left already though, I don't really want to deal with another NPC, lol) or you can just jump right into the case, lol. Really, it's up to you (or Xav, whoever gets a post out first).

The scene-setter is merely a narrative for your, er, enjoyment? lol. Some times, it'll have important information (e.g. describing the area, describing key features, etc.), but, this time, it's just a bit of fluff writing, haha.

TUMBLR.

Ahhh okay I was a bit confused about that but it makes much more sense now, thanks! I admit I liked the scene-setter though and the fact that this particular case takes place in Kowloon (:<

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1

@ COWS :

Sorry about that! I realized that I should have formatted it differently (place the setting information lower instead of before the scene-setter. Also, calling it a scene-setter was probably a mistake. It's more closely tied to a prologue or something, hahaha orz).

I'll actually fix that right now.

And, yes! When I was trying to figure out where to set the whole thing, this was the first name to pop into my mind. I might, later, move the team out of HK and into somewhere more exotic. Thailand, maybe, lol. Like, for some reason, the team has been given some vacation days (absurd given how little care the DGs have shown the DIs, lol) and they decide to go to Thailand... only to find out that it's really just an excuse to give them more work, haha.

TUMBLR.

Well Thailand has quite a bit of folklore so I don't see why not ahaha.

And LOL I could totally see the DGs saying "hey you guys can go on vacation, but our company only covers these areas that coincidentally have creatures in them".

Steam => Smallkine
    Menewsha => Cows Go Moo
    Twitter => hinomiyas
    Discord => Smallkine
    Riot => Eva#Unit1