Login to your account

Thread: Do you ever...

Do you ever...

This is going to sound odd, but have you ever met a roleplayer that you're like, "Dude, I love you. I don't even know you but I love you." Although you never see their face, don't really know them, or really have any idea what their full name is, you just seem to be drawn to this person. You imagine what it would be like to meet them. Stuff like that? Or am I the only one that fantasies (maybe that's too strong a word but whatevs it just gets my point across) about meeting online roleplayers?

Seriously, do you ever get excited when someone logs on. You get super pumped and have a mini-crush on said person? You're like a kid at Christmas. Happy as hell and you just want to spend every minute of that person's time talking to them?

Not that I want to totally call myself on it, but I used to get all giddy whenever I saw these people online:

God, I sound lame. No idea why I decided to ask this. Yup... imma go hide in a hole now. ._.

- hangouts -
    Tumblr | Twitch| Insta | Discord: Xavirne#2369

I wouldn't use the word "love," but there have definitely been people who I gravitate towards and get super excited whenever they are online or out of hiatus or whatever, lol.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
    what is essential is invisible to the eye.

TUMBLR.

Hmmm, maybe that's a better way to describe it. Not really love but more of a ERMERGERD YOU'RE ONLINE LEMME BUG THE SHEET OUTTA CHU

- hangouts -

Yeah, I was definitely like that with some people, haha. And, as annoying/creepy as it was, these people are now really good friends of mine. In fact, I've actually met almost all of them face to face (there's a few that live out-of-country, but there are definite plans to meet up somewhere, somehow, haha). So, yes, something good came out of this... maybe. I don't know. Some of them are crazy as all heck, haha.

TUMBLR.

Ah yes, meeting those special people does sound like an awesome experience! I know I've met three of my online friends before. Obvs my Dukey-Pookie wins all da luff but that's another story. xD

So have you met any males from your RP days? Or just females. I think I would be too nervous to meet a guy unless I had backup. >.<

- hangouts -

I'm always really nervous about meeting online friends.

I've met two friends who were male and, one of them, I met alone, haha. I did tell my boyfriend and everyone where I was going to be and who I was supposed to meet up with. The good thing was, I've known him for years and we've video chatted dozens of times, so I wasn't worried about him being some sort of crazed serial killer, lol. Plus, we met in a super public place and hung out at a super public place afterwards (coffee shop, mall). We also drove separate cars.

The other male friend, I met by total and complete chance. I was on a rafting trip and my group just happened to bump into his. I always knew he went to my school, but we never really arranged to meet (I wasn't really close with him). Anyway, our groups decided to kick it (I can't remember why anymore) and we all made new friends that day. It wasn't until a few weeks later that we realized who the other person was, lol. I still don't really keep close contact with him, but, every now and then, we'll get dinner and catch up, lol. Or if a mutual friend is coming into town, we'll chill.

But, in general, I think in-person meets are always kind of scary, haha. Like, what if the other person lied about who they were or turned out to be a murderer? LOL.

TUMBLR.

So true! And it's terrible to think that way but you never know. But like you, I also told everyone what was happening and where I was going. Mom protested but now she's so glad I went. She knows Duke's my BFFFFFFFF so she can't complain about that fated Disney meeting. ;D

The whole "public place" idea was also a must. Although... now that I think about it, there wasn't anything public about having someone pick me up at a hotel. O.O Hmmm, maybe I need to rework my policy? Lol, but it all turned out fine. I actually found out that my friend's boyfriend dated my best friend so I didn't really see them as a threat. In fact, they're pretty awesome. And now that I'm talking about them, I should see if they want to hang. Totes forgot that they're about 45-minutes from me. Perks of moving to Massachusetts?!

And that's insane that you met someone from your school like that. I don't think I know anyone that went to my school, save for the one person I invited to the site and is never on anymore. With how big my school is, I'm surprised there weren't more people. Maybe there are and I just don't know it yet. Wouldn't that be something!

Also, vetting someone via chats/video is something I should start doing. Seriously, it would probably make that first encounter less awkward. A lot less awkward. I did it with Duke and my friend Daemon but I didn't think to do it when I met BBR. Probably would have made things less weird upfront had we chatted on the phone for a bit before I visited. But hey, I'm learning! One day I'll be a master of... pffffffffft, yeah right. Who am I kidding?!
    Last edited by Xavirne; 09-16-2014 at 12:42 PM.

- hangouts -

Usually, if I haven't video chatted with someone (or added on Facebook), I'm pretty hesitant about doing in-peron meets. The in-person meets also have a tendency to be strained and difficult, lol. Like, there was a group of friends who wanted to meet up at a convention and it had seemed like a good idea (even if we have nothing to talk about there was plenty to do), but, ah, it was pretty awkward.

But yeah, it was a pretty crazy moment. I don't think most people (if anyone) would have guessed that either of us role-played in our spare time, lol. I also don't really advertise this particular hobby, lolol... So, there are probably people who do frequent forums who go to your school, but don't really broadcast it. I don't know. I know some people don't care who knows what they do in their free time, but I'm not really one of those people, lolololol. orz.

TUMBLR.