Login to your account

Go and Get Your Armor

When humanity is on the brink of destruction, heroes must stand tall and thwart the hellish fiends that seek to oppress mankind.......

Tags: action/adventure, battlefield, war

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Open

Creator: Xavirne

Created: 09-04-2014, 12:58 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 39

1. Characters in this post:
    A large, well-built woman sat upon a steel grey rock in a clearing of a summer forest, her pale skin soaking up the morning rays, gleaming like a polished coin. Her dirty-brown hair took on a golden hue in the sun, waving in the breeze like a thousand golden threads. She opened her sandy-coloured eyes slowly, squinting against the brightness, smiled, revealing winter-white teeth between her full lips. She appeared to be waiting for something, or someone, and by her simple and plain apparel, whatever it was must be considered friendly. However, she did have one weapon with her; a large sledgehammer, if it could be called such a thing. It was a large stick, perhaps the trunk of a young tree, bound with old leather strips to a pale rock the size of a small child and probably weighing three times that of one. An odd weapon, if the woman were a hunter, stranger still was if she were a warrior, were was her armour?

2. Characters in this post:
    This was the calm before the storm. The land was still and the sky was silent. Not a bird was in sight, nor did an animal stir. Alarmed at the gravity of the situation, the man clad in black armor zigzagged across the meadows of lush green blades as if it were nothing. He was as smooth as butter and as gentle as velvet. If one didn't look hard enough, they might miss the fact that he was even there, for the earth seemed to part and move for him.

Not before long, he was upon a ledge that overlooked the meadow he just left. Glancing around, he noted that there was nothing new to report. There were no monsters. Well, there were. It was obvious that Riesen were there, for nothing moved. It was always a sign that death was approaching. The still in the forest. The lack of sound. The sweat on nape of his neck.

In a flicker, his body vanished. Gone from existence, it wouldn't reappear until about 15-seconds later. Now, it towered over a woman perched on a rock. Head up, his voice echoed out from the helmet that veiled his face.

"The fact that you are here means that you and I have the same task before us." His eyes closed and he sense a warm, protective aura emit from the woman beside him. Yes, she was one of the chosen ones hand-picked by the High Goddess to defend mankind.

Dropping to his knees, he sat on the rock beside her and bowed his head. He was listening for the faintest treads of a moving Riesen. Though large, monstrous creatures, they were very good at keeping quiet.

"It's about 5-miles out." Head rolling up, he kept his focus forward and off the woman. "Shall we go put its havoc on hold?"

3. Characters in this post:
    The woman knew he was there far before he knew she was. She remained still, save the wind in her hair, closing her eyes and waiting. When he appeared beside her and spoke, she concentrated on feeling him out. She didn't want her eyes to distract her from the aura he gave off--one of a leader. She could take in his appearance at any time, but first impressions are the most important. He spoke and she nodded. He sat and spoke again and she smiled.

"I'm aware. I've been tracking them for a while." With that, she rose, swung her hammer to rest on her shoulder. She took a deep breath as if to stretch and opened her eyes into the sun once more. "Let's go have us some fun, hmm?"

4. Characters in this post:
    Saika faced Shepherd, a masked man whose name fit him so much more than his official title. Though he played vision, he was nothing if not transparent with his motives. He served the goddess and led the team much like the shepherd led his sheep on the path of righteousness. Granted, she didn't consider herself a sheep, but she could understand the messiah sentiment and respect the experience he had over her. Though she'd been groomed in some sense, nothing compared to actually fighting those monsters hand to hand and certainly not for the number of years that Shepherd allegedly did.

Grace or perhaps Ironmane, was a stranger case because she couldn't tell what the woman was capable of. She was built like a house with the personality of a rock, which wasn't meant to be an insult so much as a truth. To many she could seem slow, when in truth the woman was deliberate. These were the ones that proved dangerous, secretive.

The rest of the heroes? Well they hadn't really made an impression.

"I would call it fun so much as mercy," Saika responded, deciding that her casual analysis was better left for bed time than when the two were in front of her. For all she knew there could have been a mind reader in the area.

"But even so," she continued, standing up, "we should put those bastards of nature out of their misery."

5. Characters in this post:
    Ironmane, as she preferred to be called, looked at the newcomer with a welcoming smile. "I mean to use the term 'fun' loosely, young master." This woman almost slipped past her guard--almost, she attributed Sheapord's distraction as assisting her in the matter. Ironmane closed her eyes to feel the woman's energies and found them to be surprisingly similar to her own. This woman, this Saika, could bend metal like she could shape the earth and bend trees. She wondered, though. Could this woman bend all metals, or just magnetic ones? Could she bend minerals as well, or was it limited? Was she even correct in her observation or was her senses off? She didn't feel like it was her place to ask, but Ironmane figured she'd find out soon enough and began walking towards their targets.

6. Characters in this post:
    Nodding to the two women that were near him, Shepard moved off the cliff and toward the Riesen that would likely destroy the nearby village, if they didn't intervene. Of course, being the "good guys," they would. Still, the mental image of blood, cries, and death pushed Shepard all the harder to race toward that cursed creature.

Once they were within sight of the monstrous beast, Shepard held his arm up to slow his teammates. They were still new to one another, but they seemed to trust one another. It was as if they knew that, no matter what, they could rely on one another.

From the branch the three were perched upon, they could see everything. The Riesen seemed to be... corning a man? Head cocking, Shepard looked to his two companions. Who was this guy and why was he taking on a Riesen? Well, more like why wasn't he running for his life? Why was he just standing there?

The Riesen barred its teeth, hissing wildly like the mountain lion it mimicked. Its tan fur ripped with the wind and seized when the man didn't flinch. Why. Why wasn't he moving. There was something odd. Very odd about this whole situation.

"I've never seen a Riesen not attack an human before," he paused and made certain Saika and Ironmane wouldn't rush forward. They needed to assess this situation more. Something was afoot. Something was definitely at work. And then, that's when it became clear.

Shepard's eyes spied movement behind a bush and, as he looked closely in that direction, his eyes honed in on a young man. Behind the man stood two wolves, on edge and seemingly disapproving of whatever was going down.

"Amazing,"
    Shepard muttered before rolling from the branch and appearing on the ground before the Riesen and two men. "I had heard rumors of one who can control beasts, but I didn't know how truthful it was."

"Yeah, well I wouldn't stand too close. There's no telling when the monst-" the man with the eyepatch shifted. And then, as if he knew what was coming, the Riesen broke free of the mind-control. Thrashing above, it jerked toward the man with the white hair.

He was ready to bark out an order when the creature became encased in... ice? Turning his gaze to the man with the patch, he stepped closer to the two women he came with. Was this guy also a part of their team? He seemed... so... indifferent? He didn't seem the type to save the world. And yet, he was blessed with Her Holy Magic, the power of ice. Was it possible?

"The name's Froth. And the kid over yonder is Andre." The man with the patch, Froth, stepped forward and rest a hand on the frozen creature. "So what are a couple of scouts like yourself doing out in this neck of the woods?" Froth turned to Andre and beckoned for the man to join him. "You know these woods aren't safe."

7. Characters in this post:
    Andre had been trying to tame this Riesan for an extended period. Not to use it, but to hone his power and strength. He was at about a half an hour until he lost concentration because he glanced up at the newcomers. Then the beast struck. thankfully Froth was there. The Creature froze immediately. He heard Froth call him over to the others. He walked over with Tinka and Geralt following behind.

As he walked, the wolves trotted up to the other people and started to sniff them all. They could tell that they were allies, something else the Goddess granted them, and wanted to become familiar with their scents, so they wouldn't attack them. He glanced at Froth, nodded and pointed at the wolves, "Tinka," to the dark one, and "Geralt," to the grey one.

((Attachment 2127))

He didn't intend to say much more unless pressed for information. Until questioned, he just shifted on his feet and fiddled with his ax.

8. Characters in this post:
    Saika chuckled and nodded at Ironmane knowingly as the three of them left to take care of the Riesen infestation. The village wasn't too far off, less than thirty minutes walking distance and even less considering that these were strong, Goddess-enhanced heroes you were talking about. In fact, by the time that they got there the monster hadn't committed any damage. All it did was walk around.

It carried itself like a mountain lion, walking on all fours as a gray-haired man examined it. Unlike other Riesen this one acted docile, as if someone had tamed it. But that couldn't be it right? Riesen were supposed to be uncontrollable. She turned to their defacto leader, Shepherd for his command, but he was as lost as the rest of them.

"Are we sure it's not an illusion?" she asked, "maybe he's hypnotized the thing."

Or maybe he's hypnotizing us, she thought with a frown. It wouldn't be unheard of for one of the great monsters to lure them to a remote area and take out the three of the twelve heroes here and now. That's what she would do if she were one of them. It was better to make use of your powers and take out your enemies early rather than sit around or send armies to their death.

"Yeah, well I wouldn't stand too close."

As if to ruin their reconnaissance, a white-haired male emerged to both introduce and and warn them of their respective statuses. The Riesen-controller, Andre, and the ice user, Froth, were cut from the same cloth so they were two men closer to gather all of the blessed heroes.

"Don't worry about us Froth," she replied weaving a shuriken between her fingers, "hunting Riesen is what we were born to do."

9. Characters in this post:
    During the whole ordeal, Ironmane stood very still, watching intently, observing every miniscule detail. She felt uncomfortable and slightly tense around the wolves when they came up to sniff her, hoping that they wouldn't smell a predator on her, or rather, in her. Furthermore, she felt very uneasy around Andre, the one who seemed to be able to tame both Riesen and animal, and yet slightly reassured at the strength in his abilities. Perhaps, given time, she'd come to trust him with her long-kept secret? Maybe he could even help her with it? She shook her head--all things with time. She turned her attention to the one who controlled ice and inspected him with a slight smile; finding another person who can control an element isn't as easy as going for a stroll--unless their paths are guided by the Goddess, of course.
    She stepped forward and bowed her head as a greeting before introducing herself, "Ironmane."

10. Characters in this post:
    Shepard had to hand it to these two strangers, they certainly knew what they were doing. Just how long had they been together? Based on their informal nature with one another, the helmeted man figured at least a month, if not more. Clearly their connections ran deep and neither seemed willing to let the other go so far as to get himself in a bad position.

"As previously mentioned, we too hunt the Riesen. We thank you for your concern and for handling the beast while we grouped. I'm Shepard." His voice was strangely cold, especially when he spoke his name and bowed. Like the other two members of his team, Shepard wasn't overly fond of these two new comers. There was something about them that was off-putting. Perhaps it was the fact that they weren't so willing to bend to his command? Or perhaps it was their feral looks that were off putting? Either way, his hidden eyes were sure to remain glued to the two of them, should they decide to join their team.

Nothing the odd stillness of the trio, Froth turned a curious brow to Andre. If the tamer thought it wise to partner with these two, he would tag along. If not, then Froth saw no part in aligning with these three. Their standoffish nature was downright painful. They were so formal and serious. Froth, a rather serious man himself, just couldn't handle their uppity sense of justice and stances. Far too pride and likely to be glory-hogs, or so he mused.

Leaning into Andre, the pale haired man whispered. "Thoughts on them. Do we want to join their ranks? Or should we keep to ourselves?"

The whispering that occurred between the two caused Shepard's lip to roll in annoyance. Turning his back on them, he faced his trusty teammates. "Your thoughts on these two. Should we invite them to join our party? Or should we play it safe and await for a second, fated meeting?" The unease in his voice was plainly evident. The way both groups seemed to keep to themselves was just another reason why a temporary split in parties might be wise. Not only could they cover more ground, but they wouldn't have to sleep with one eye open. Although the High Goddess graced all of them with her blessings and powers, who was to state whether they truly worked for her? Who was to say that they weren't secretly aligning with the Riesen? After all, one who could control Riesen could easily come to speak the Riesen's language and fall victim to their monstrous ways.

11. Characters in this post:
    Andre had a certain connection with his wolves and thus could feel their judgement of these newcomers. The Big woman was hiding something, but not out of maliciousness, more out of fear of judgement. She also had a feral nature to her, much like him. The slim woman didn't seem to have anything of note, she seemed of a good heart. The Black Suited man concerned him a bit. The wolves smelt his reluctance to allow them to join. It was expected though. Andre figured his power was a bit... unorthodox. He knew that his connection with Riesan would be seen as a weakness, possible to turn him to a darker path.

When Froth walked over to him, and asked him if we should join fores, Andre though for a moment. "We should wait for their request, but I see no reason not to."

He glanced over at the big woman, and cocked his head, trying to figure out what was her secret. Because of his nature, he wouldn't pry into her past, and he would hope she would do the same.

12. Characters in this post:
    Ironmane knew she was tense and could read the wolves body language well enough to know that they knew as well. She took a deep breath and forced herself to relax, and even smiled, "We have more than enough room to welcome more who are of the same cause, should you be willing to work alongside us. I know the wolves won't be much trouble, seeing how they are pack creatures."
    Ironmane looked at Andre while she spoke, hoping that he could at least read her eyes that she would speak of her past once she trusted her companions more, but maybe not about all of it. Only time would tell.

13. Characters in this post:
    Saika pursed her lips at Shepherd's question before shrugging it off. Neither Andre nor Froth seemed to be a threat and if they were, it was all the more reason to keep an eye on them. Ice manipulation would be useful during the travels, if only because he could keep them steadily supplied with water and Riesen control would lend well during fights with larger beings. There was a small part of her that questioned whether or not his bestial control extended to humans as well, but were that the case he would have likely pushed them to doing something already.

"We have more than enough room to welcome more who are of the same cause, should you be willing to work alongside us. I know the wolves won't be much trouble, seeing how they are pack creatures."

Such as allowing him to join?

Saika had to stifle a laugh.

"I doubt the High Goddess has time for second or third meetings Shepherd," she finally replied,
    "our job is to gather and defeat the Twelve and if they were chosen like us then we need to recruit them. Plus..."

Her eyes seemed to have an evil twinkle.

"I need a new coat this winter."

14. Characters in this post:
    A visible-less grin slid onto Shepard's face. It was nice to know these two were on the same page as he. Head turning to meet the faces of the two new comers, the man with the helmet face signaled for them to come closer.

Froth, cocking a brow, moved first. He was silent and didn't utter a word until the helmet wearing man spoke again.

"Since we're all on the same page, then we should probably work on getting things done. There are twelve Riesen out there that we need to put to rest. Three or two just won't do. If we're going to have any success, we'll need the five of us. More, if we happen upon the others."

"Awfully rhymey, aren't ya?"
    Cracking a small grin, Froth extended his hand to shake that of the man in black. "Since you appear to be the leader, have you a place in mind?" Looking over at Andre, the white-haired man stepped back and grimaced. "We heard word of a Riesen in the village not too far from here. Perhaps a good two-day walk. Not sure if it's one of our twelve monsters or not, but it's worth a shot. It's where we were headed," he slipped in at the end.

"May I ask how you heard about this?" Shepard had no idea there was a Riesen out this way, save for the one that was frozen in ice and, well, dead. The only reason he traveled out this way was because something told him it was the right thing to do.

"My mother's a traveling medic. Upon returning to the Federation, she spoke of a village that was under siege. I was heading there on my one when I came across a lesser-Riesen. It caught me off guard and pinned me in minutes. Had Andre, Tinka, and Geralt not shown up... heh, let's just say you would be the heroic eleven."

"Well then I guess we owe Andre our thanks for keeping our numbers steady." Bowing ever so gracefully, he rose and turned his attention back to Froth. "Do you know this area?"

"Nah, not enough snow here for me. I'm afraid I'm only familiar with the far north. Sure, I've traveled down here and in the heart of the kingdom, but that's it." Looping an arm around Andre's neck, he noogied the kid. "But that's what Andre is here for. Besides, Tink and Ger have hellish noses. They can smell those monsters from miles away."

"It's been settled then," Shepard turned back to Ironmane and Saika. "Let's head to this village and stop the Riesen there. Perhaps when we're there, we can learn of where the other Riesen are and start mowing them down."

15. Characters in this post:
    Why does he treat me like a child? I'm not that much younger then him. He thought as Froth noogied him. Hell, I'm even married!

He overheard the slim woman talking about needing a new coat, but didn't understand the innuendo about his wolves, and tossed her a bolt of fur. "That should do." he said, coldly.

He then turned towards the road and began to walk. Tinka and Geralt followed behind him. He knew where this village was and Tinka and Geralt were already itching to take down something. So he kept up a good pace, regardless of whether the rest followed his lead. It didn't really matter to him.

16. Characters in this post:
    Ironmane sighed. She disliked using the earth when she didn't need to, but she hated the idea of letting a village get attacked more. "Hold your place, young master. I've a faster solution, if all are willing." She hesitated a moment, picking her words, "I can send us through the earth, like a cavernous pass through a mountain. If that poses a threat to unspoken fears, there is another solution, though it requires more of me which would mean less during battle." She tensed her jaw and sat back, looking at each member of their team, waiting for each one to respond. She sincerely hoped no one was claustrophobic, she didn't want to move any more earth than she had to. Furthermore, she had no idea how well the wolves were trained, if at all, and had no clue whether they'd go along for the ride or have to be left behind to catch up on their own later. Regardless, she wanted a quick answer--the more time they spent chatting here meant less chance the village would survive.

17. Characters in this post:
    "Heh," Froth couldn't help but notice Andre's naive ways when it came to Saika's comments. Or maybe he did and he was just playing it off as innocence? Either way, Froth started to follow after the man and his wolves -- that was until Ironmane called them back. Stopping in his tracks, Froth cast his one-eyed gaze upon the woman. She spoke of moving earth and creating a shortcut, of sorts. It seemed almost too good to be true, until she mentioned that it would hinder her battling.

What were the pros? Those were easy: quicker arrival time; less lives lost; less likely to lose the Riesen; and less effort/energy in getting to the location. As for the cons: less time to discuss a strategy; enclosed in a dark, tight space; draining Ironmane of her strength and powers; and lack of light to see in the dark mines she would create.

Moving his lips as if he had just applied chapped stick, the white-haired man shrugged. "I have no problem with this, if you're willing to exert yourself prematurely for this battle." He then looked to Saika and Shepard, wondering what opinions they might carry. Would they agree with her? The pros far outweighed the cons, at least in his mind. One man (er, woman) down was better than five tired travelers.

"I usually prefer careful calculation and strategic planning, but if lives are at stake, then I say we hasten to their aid and deploy our plan as we go."

18. Characters in this post:
    Saika nodded along to the conversation, molding the shuriken in her hand as she kept to her own thoughts. The Riesen were coming out much more quickly than she anticipated, perhaps just as fast as the High Goddess was throwing heroes to combat them. Even if there were only the big Twelve, they would be hard to fight in an even brawl. They needed to be taken down systematically from the weakest to the strongest (as was the case with all great tales) so as to improve themselves for the final battle as it were.

"Why thank you Andre," she murmured, catching the coat, "I don't know what I would do without you~"

This Andre fellow had done well to reclaim her interest in the conversation as well as give her something to hide herself with whenever the battle got too rough (though it was better suited for Ironmane perhaps).

"How much less are we talking about?" she frowned, "I'm all for saving humanity, but you are an as much an asset as the rest of us are. Plus, who is to say that these caverns don't contain dangers of their own?"

19. Characters in this post:
    Ironmane's face flashed annoyance, but it was replaced with measured calm just as fast as it came. "I have no issue in exerting myself beforehand, else I wouldn't have offered. As I mentioned, there are two ways the earth can speed us, and this is the one that won't drain me as much as the second; I am willing to do either, but prefer the first. I don't know how the animals would take to being underground is all, which is why I gave two options. Furthermore, these 'caverns' aren't dangerous whatsoever, for I am the one moving the earth to create them. There will be no chance of creatures or cave-ins." Ironmane took a deep sigh and stomped the ground, moving her hands in a manner that looked like she was sweeping with an invisible broom. Not far from Froth opened the mouth of a sizable hole--not too big as to invite larger creatures than those it was meant for (us), but not too small as to be claustrophobic for the non-fearful. "See for yourself. Though, it would be mighty helpful if the young masters happened to bring a light source."

20. Characters in this post:
    Andre noticed that the others were debating on a different course of action, but didn't chime in with anything. He knew the large woman had a point, but losing a member of the party from exhaustion could be bad as well. He noticed the ease of which she opened the earth, an thought about the scenario. She seemed dead set on her plan, and Andre couldn't find any major issues with it. So he decided to go along with her.

"The wolves are fine in enclosed spaces. And I carry torches with me." he said, precisely.

He didn't move until the group made a decision as a whole. but he'd follow the group. Splitting up would be ill advised.

21. Characters in this post:
    Ironmane nodded towards Andre, "Good, so if we are all in agreement, I'd like to get to the village before the Riesen do. That way, we might have a bit of time to coordinate if not evacuate the village." Ironmane looked at everyone before clearing her throat. She wasn't used to talking so much and it made her throat dry. She'd take a deep breath and wait for everyone to file into the tunnel before following. Opening the tunnel would take far less energy than closing it, and she wasn't going to leave it open for anything to follow them.

22. Characters in this post:
    Not saying a word, Shepard was the first to enter the hole that Ironmane opened and perhaps there was a reason for his going in first. For once, it had nothing to do with his status or leader-like position either. It was merely because his helmet glowed an eerie cyan color. It was dim enough not to blind but it was bright enough to illuminate the about two-feet in front of him.

"Holding out on us, ey Shepard?" Froth stepped in neck and laughed at the irony. They were all so worried about an open flame that none of them even thought to use technology. Froth did find it rather odd that Shepard donned himself with a helmet but perhaps there was more to that helmet than expected. If it was equipped with running lights, what else did it have?

"Not to pry, but why the helmet?" He hadn't meant to speak but he was just too curious to let it go unasked. He was a mechanic at heart, after all. He was always yearning for knowledge and wanting to know why people did what they did.

Since the others didn't seem to be in a mood for much chattered, Shepard took that silence as his cue to speak. Were the others curious too?

"Even though robots and mecha were prominent things of the old world, I like to think that with such technology we can advance enough to reclaim our former glory. I happened upon this body-suit when I was scavenging a once luxurious city, well at least its remains. It didn't function at first, but with a bit of stubborn willpower, I got it to work just fine. This suit was used by stealth pilots to fight wars."

"Interesting," Froth mused. Humming a bit, he scoffed. "Wait, so your outfit is 250 some odd years old?" It almost seemed hard to believe, but anything was possible. Hell, before civilization collapsed, people lived in space! Granted, that was about 300 some odd years ago. From then until now, war ripped apart the earth and then, eventually, the Riesen came. It was just too hard for man to reclaim that former sci-fi lifestyle, especially when facing off against supernatural monsters.

"Heh, yes. I've always been old-fashioned though so it suits me. I do like how it has a head's up display that tells me when my stealth cool down times out. Invisibility doesn't do me any good if I don't know my timing. This helmet also has a head's up display that shows the location of living matter."

"Eh, isn't that cheating?" Froth drew his mouth closed, hoping that maybe the others would chime in and chat about something. After all, who knew how long they would wander in these dark caverns for. They needed something to pass the time, or they might all go crazy!

23. Characters in this post:
    Saika nodded, shrugging off Ironmane's obvious annoyance and continuing into the caverns with a light of her own. It wasn't to say she didn't trust the burly woman but how much do we really know about each other's limitations?

The inside of the tunnel seemed stable enough, not crumbling one bit when Saika tapped against them. Okay fair enough, maybe she was wrong about the woman. She could concede defeat when she needed to. The caverns were already opening ahead of them, seemingly endless from the front but inescapable from behind. Ironmane was doing a good job making sure that they had the protection they needed.

The copper-haired woman managed a chuckle despite the awkward silence between the rest of the group and shook her head at Froth's accusation.

"It's only cheating if the enemy uses it dear Froth," she grinned "besides, a better question is whether Shepherd ever takes that thing off. 'must be stuffy as hell in there."

24. Characters in this post:
    Andre was the last to go through, having let Geralt and Tinka go ahead of him. He lit a torch as he descended. His eyesight was good, but it wasn't that good. Tinka went up to Saika and pushed her head against her hand trying to get pet, while Geralt, the older and more reserved of the two kept back with Andre. The wolves were born in the same litter but they had completely different personalities. Andre didn't know how Saika would react, but had no reason to stop her.

25. Characters in this post:
    "Oh, I'm doing you all a favor. I'm far too ugly to be seen within a mask on. Besides, this mask has vents for air release. It's not as stuffy as you think and I've grown quite used to it." He was awfully chatty and surprisingly happy. His tone was his usually, robotic-like responses. This one actually had personality and a hint of tease to it.

"I know your pain all too well,"
    Froth slid his hand to his eye patch. "Somethings are best hidden from the world." Unlike Shepard who seemed content with his ugly-nature, Froth's tone was more depressed. Clearly whatever ruined his eye was still of great pain to him. With a sigh, he tried to push out those demons and regroup his thoughts. It was time to stay focused, not drown in the past.

Looking over his shoulder at Saika, he scoffed. "So what's your story? Where did you come from?" With nothing but time on their hands, he figured why not get to know the group. He had a vague idea on who Andre was, but the rest were mysteries to him. Over time, he was sure he would come to know them but for now, asking would simply do.

26. Characters in this post:
    Ironmane was quiet for the most part, walking with one arm above and behind her head and the other in front, taking her energies and focusing them into the tunnels, feeling her way to the village, paying little attention to Shepard's glowing helmet. She listened to the conversations around her idly until a certain comment about hiding things from the world pulled a scoff from her before she could stifle it. She shook her head but couldn't hide a smile, trying to free her attention from the conversation and back to the path--mostly to save her from having to answer any questions poked her way. It wasn't long when she noted the strain of holding up the earth was taking on her shoulders, knowing she couldn't keep it up forever with company, and furrowed her brows.
    With a deep sigh that the earth seemed to breathe with her, Ironmane closed her eyes, but did not break pace. After a long moment of gathering her concentration, she seemed to have tripped over something that wasn't there, stumbling briefly before steadying and continuing. It wasn't two minutes later when she opened a hole up, the bright sunshine blinding those whose eyes had adjusted to the dimmer light. Topside, the group found themselves at the village, though it didn't feel like they had walked the full distance. However, it looked like Ironmane had walked enough to cover each member's lacking distance twice over. She sat on a rock, breathing hard and covered in a thin layer of sweat, eyes still closed. Some of her surface muscles twitched uncontrollably, if the keen of eye were to look.
    "Young masters. We should make the most of the time given." Ironmane muttered between clenched teeth. She looked both angry and pained.

27. Characters in this post:
    "No one's too ugly for some face to face time,"[/color] Saika grinned, "except maybe those Riesen."

Though her intention wasn't to be flirtatious she did enjoy the mystery behind the mask and who exactly Shepherd was. Despite acting somewhat like an open book he seemed to bait her into wanting to know more, something that none of the other chosen ones were able to do. Ironmane was simple. Froth was "frost" with an "h" instead of an "s", typical. Andre came a close second, but was far too quiet upon second glance. Yes he had wolves and could control minor Riesen but it would be a while before she could wiggle anything out of him.

"My story is a boring one," she shrugged as they approached an Ironmane-made hole, "I'd known that I had this power and I used it to my advantage in blacksmithing and bounty hunting, but after my parents told me about my lineage from the Tokugawa family (famous rulers in the East if you're curious) I just had to come along and save the world. I'm sure we all have a story to tell, even if it's not one we'd prefer."

28. Characters in this post:
    With a laugh, Shepard turned to look at Saika. She seemed to be the most verbal of the group, along with Froth. Why, even Shepard was coming quite the talker. Perhaps it was just to pass time? Or to keep the other preoccupied on him rather than the fatigued Ironmane.

He was about to talk when Froth actually cut him off. Head tilting to the side, he wasn't actually expecting what the white-haired man said. If anything, it caught him off guard and made him question why Froth had been chosen. He, unlike the rest (or so Shepard assumed), actually had someone worth being with. And yet, he was here?

"What I would give for your so-called boring life. Mine's hardly boring." Froth's hands clenched into fists. "The only reason I'm here is because I need to protect my son." A grimace crossed his face and he turned his head shamefully away. "I promised him that after losing his mother and sister, I wouldn't let monsters nor disease take his life." It was obvious from the way he spoke that he was purposely leaving something out of this sentence. His voice was vile yet mournful. Whatever he left out was something he had no interest in sharing just yet. Or maybe, never.

His glaze was forward, toward the stillness that surrounded the village. As his single, red orb scanned the area, his grimace faded into a dull look. "I don't hear screaming. Are we too late?"

A hand patted Froth's shoulder and Shepard stepped forward. "No, not too late. The scent of blood doesn't linger in the air. I assume they are all just hiding." His helmeted face turned to Froth. "I hate to ask this, but would you mind checking the houses for children."

With a simple nod, Froth started peeking into the nearby, hallow-looking homes. While he was doing that, Shepard turned to the remaining party members. "Andre, can you sniff the Riesen out. Give us an idea where it hides. Ironmane, I know you're probably tired, but we could use a wall. If we can force the Riesen to enter from one direction, it'll help. Saika, if you can, we could use some metal traps. Let's have the points facing the entrance Ironmane will make for us." Looking from the group, he watched as Froth moved into a building. "When he ensures no one will fall victim to a clash, can someone let him know to make the walls Ironmane creates slick, forcing the Riesen in the front?"

29. Characters in this post:
    Ironmane grimaced, "Master Shepard. A moment of your time, please." She heard Shepard approach before she felt his footsteps through the earth. "Come close... this needs to be... private." Shepard left some breathing room between them, but not much. When she felt that the others were far enough away that they wouldn't hear their conversation, Ferayn made a chopping motion downwards on either side of her, sending a small sheet of earth up around them, leaving a small opening for light at the top, repeating it for the rear and front.
    "This isn't meant to trap you, more of keeping prying eyes and unwelcome ears at bay... I must confess something to you, something I wish kept under wraps, but you must know the risks before we get too far..."

30. Characters in this post:
    Andre Nodded at the helmeted man and went off with his wolves. He wandered the decimated streets, crumbled houses on either side, things burning and the stench of Riesan hanging in the air. He looked at every house, not only for the Riesan, but for any villagers that might be lingering, hiding in their crumbling homes. Unforunately, He couldn't smell them, and neither could Tinka and Geralt. There was too much smoke and Riesan scent in the air.

Eventually, he found the riesan. It was a large one, probably the size of a large horse. It was standing above a man clutching a stone talisman carved in the likeness of a wolf. The talisman was said to keep riesan away, but like most talisman that were said to keep out the darkness, this emblem meant nothing to the riesan. It was made by some con artist who was plpaying off people's fears. Of course, the old man didn't know that.

Andre knew he couldn't control this riesan, but he could distract it. He sent Tinka and Geralt back to the others to let them know which way the Riesan would be coming from. He then yelled at the Riesan and attempted to seize control over it. The one way to piss off a Riesan, Andre knew, was to get into it's head. The Riesan Roared, but was still enamored by Andre. He didn't need to control it for long, just long enough for the wolves to get a head start on him.

When the Riesan broke the connection, it roared and charged at Andre. Andre, doing the most logical thing at the moment, ran towards the group, hoping they would get the message. He couldn't do much to slow the Riesan down, but he could lead it through a longer path. And so he did, he led it through wider streets in a less direct route and eventually towards the group.

((This post may be inserted after everyone gets their defense set up, I'm just really busy nowadays and don't get much time to post.))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 39