Login to your account

Breton and Bosmer

Skyrim FanRP - Thessaly, the reluctant Dragonborn, meets Arwen, an eccentric adventurer, and hijinks ensue.......

Tags: adventure, bosmer, breton, elder scrolls, fantasy, magic, medieval, rogues, skyrim, swords, tamriel

Character Approval: Yes

Player Level: Intermediate

New Players: Closed

Creator: EisforEnigma

Created: 08-28-2014, 08:23 PM

Overview
Characters
Game World
Game Log
Recent Posts
Journals
OOC
Place:       Character:

Game Log

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 83

1. Characters in this post:
    Breton and Bosmer Roleplay as continued from RP of same name on Gaiaonline.

2. Characters in this post:
    Where last we left off...

Thessaly was recovering from her experience in Vaermina's Quagmire in the Dawnstar inn, while Arwen and Ennis went about their own business. Ennis spent much of his time caring for the Dragonborn, but after a little too much hovering, Thessaly and Arwen decide to play a trick on the bard.

Ennis shuddered at the impact of the first arrow. He'd never been shot before, and it was difficult not to imagine what that amount of force might do to him if it hit flesh. He winced, but managed not to flinch just as the second found its mark. The third and fourth clustered around the middle of the shield, and Ennis found himself impressed with Arwen's marksmanship in spite of his trepidation.

"Good shot!" he called out. When he looked up, though, he saw her putting her bow away and frowned. What could she be....?

He felt the blood drain from his face when he saw the fire in her hands. He could barely bring breath to his lungs to call objection before the sound of something else caught his attention.

Thessaly rounded the corner of the inn, clutching her sides and roaring with laughter. She stumbled over to Arwen and put an arm around the mage, as she was having trouble standing up. Slowly, Ennis realized what was going on.

"You two are terrible," he decided to inform them.

Thessaly's laughter redoubled and she clung to Arwen to keep from falling over.

3. Characters in this post:
    Thessaly's appearance stopped Arwen from continuing, instead allowing the fire in her hands to go out. She snickered and clutched her side, trying not to laugh too hard.

"You should see your own face," she said, mimicking his expression. "It is the perfect embodiment of total horror!" She pointed at the shield then, smiling broadly. "You can't say you didn't eventually feel pretty safe," she offered, pink in the cheeks. "I've got good grouping, don't you think?"

4. Characters in this post:
    Ennis took a look at the clustered arrows in the shield still on his arm at Arwen's prompt. He squashed the impulse to nod agreeably at the obviously skilled shooting, instead tossing the shield to the snow in a huff, as if to say, 'Stuff your grouping!'

"So," he said, striding up to the pair, dusting his hands resolutely. "Looks like you're doing fine up and about."

Thessaly could barely manage a properly chastised expression around the compulsive laughter, but she did meet his craftedly displeased expression.

"Does that mean we're to head out soon?"

Thessaly let out a few more laughs, then took a deep, steadying breath and stood away from Arwen. She stretched her arms over her head, then shook herself out, looking quite a bit more fresh than she had that morning in bed.

"I think I've been a slug long enough," she declared. "What say you, mage? Was there anything else you wanted to get done before we put this place behind us?"

5. Characters in this post:
    "No, I think I've had enough of Dawnstar," Arwen said, shaking her head. "I've seen just about everything there is that's worth seeing. Outside of stocking up on supplies, I think we should make sure we've sold everything we don't want, and head on our way." She undid her ponytail and re-tied it at the base of her neck, looking rather thoughtful. "I don't think there's anything we actually need, unless I'm mistaken. I'm ready to be on the road this afternoon."

6. Characters in this post:
    "Ready when you are," said Thessaly. "Swords are clean, stuff's all packed - just gotta get myself some travel food. How 'bout you, target practice?"

Ennis' thoroughly unamused expression was only slightly offset by the twitch of a grin.

"Got everything you need?"

He stared at her. Had she seen him head out to the fjord? She'd hidden her health well enough from him. Could she be hiding what she knew about him as well? There was no hint of suggestion behind her large, elven eyes. This was the trouble of traveling with a crooked companion, he supposed. He wouldn't know until she wanted him to.

"Just about," he said.

"What about a winter coat?" the Dragonborn drawled. "Or sleeping furs? You're outta luck if you think you're borrowing anything else of mine."

Oh, right. That.

"Ah!" Ennis cried, all theatrical haplessness once more. "Yes, that! Well, I, uh, was... just getting to that. Yes. Um... excuse me."

Thessaly waited until Ennis was well off down the hill and out of earshot before she leaned over to Arwen.

"Think he knows there's no general store in this overgrown snowbank?"

7. Characters in this post:
    Arwen couldn't help but snicker and titter as Ennis slinked off. He was pretty amusing, she couldn't deny.

"I don't think so," she said to Thessaly, smiling ever so lightly. "I think if he did, he wouldn't have gone off looking for one. I wonder where he's going to get all that. Think he'll trade with people at the inn? He seems like he would be a good trader."

8. Characters in this post:
    Thessaly watched as Ennis picked his way carefully down a snowy incline. She wasn't sure what sort of luck he'd have with the locals of Dawnstar, but she did recall the armorer who had taken him for all his was worth back in Ivarstead. Of course, the people of Ivarstead had known him for a thief. Here, he was known as... well, Thessaly wasn't sure. She'd caught wind of Arwen and Erandur's names being bandied about in reverent tones, but Ennis had spent so much time either cooped up in the inn with her or off elsewhere that she hadn't gotten a good idea of how Dawnstar felt about their bard.

"Well, he can't do much worse than in the last town we were in. He ain't a thief to them, he's a--" She turned to Arwen. "What do folk in these parts know about what y'all got up to in that temple?"

9. Characters in this post:
    "What do they know?" Arwen adopted the expression of a deer in headlights, lips pursed in thought. "Well, I suppose they can't know that much of what we were doing. It isn't like Ennis and I went spreading the news around town. I imagine everything they know, they got from Erandur, and I think Erandur has been exaggerating the grandiosity of our adventure. Maybe by now they all know Ennis as a handsome, brave bard the likes of which have never before been seen."

10. Characters in this post:
    No sooner had Arwen given her description than Ennis slipped and slid the rest of the way down the hill, landing on his ass in a pile of snow at the bottom. Thessaly began convulsing with laughter. Ennis turned back at the sound, face bright red, then got up, brushed himself off, and strode off out of sight.

"He's something alright," she said when she could catch her breath. Any heroic thoughts folk could conjure of the bard she was sure would be dispelled if they just met him. She hadn't known him for very long, but in that time, there were lots of things Thessaly would call him, and 'hero' wasn't one.

He might have shown bravery in the face of those bandits who had captured them, and a willingness to go to dangerous lengths when he felt the occasion called for it, and a general care for their well-being....

Now that she thought on it, perhaps in a certain light, in certain circumstances, at the right angle, the bard in their company could be considered hero-like. If anything, he was probably more suited to the roll than Thessaly herself, who wanted nothing to do with this hero business. It was just as well she'd been the distressed damsel, of sorts, in this tale. Of course, it hadn't felt like that at the time. She'd done nothing heroic in the Quagmire, either. There were several names she could think of for what she'd done there, and none of them were titles the bard would be thrilled to record, she was sure. And as far as she was concerned, no one had to know.

"How is the priest?" Thessaly asked her companion. "I haven't seen the old elf since you got back."

11. Characters in this post:
    Arwen hadn't spent much spare time with Erandur, but they had indeed had dinner together and they ran into one another in the inn and around the small town fairly regularly over the last several days. She was around when he explained the nightmare problem to some residents, and when he told the story in its entirety, he tended to slightly exaggerate their heroics.

"He's...proud, I guess." She shrugged and lifted her hands in confusion, shaking her head. "I don't know what you'd call it. He's, uh...well, he's proud of himself, and Ennis and me, I suppose. I think he and Ennis had some kind of special moment while I was gone in the temple." She briefly took a look around as if unsure they were alone. "When I reappeared, they both seemed sort of chummy. Have you thanked him for his help? We should see him before we leave."

12. Characters in this post:
    Thessaly gave Arwen a look. Special moment? She wasn't sure she wanted to know.

She shook her head at the second part. "Haven't really seen 'im since it all happened," she said. "Sounds like he's got plenty of fawning followers to choose from without having to check in on the outsider."

She imagined the old Dunmer sitting in the common room before the fire, a gathering of moonstruck peasant girls gathered at his feet. She snickered.

"Still, wouldn't be right to take off without saying goodbye. He's usually in town this time of day, ain't he?"

13. Characters in this post:
    Arwen responded to Thessaly's Look with a shrug. She couldn't give anymore background on their special moment, what was she supposed to say?

"I...I think Erandur is normally in the White Hall around this time of day," she said, looking a little confused. "Or maybe in the inn. But I didn't see him when I left the inn earlier. I'd check the inn first." She cracked a smile and went to pick up the shield that Ennis had tossed into the snow, brushing it off and holding it up. "What do you think? Good grouping, right?" she said, beaming. "I know, I'm great."

14. Characters in this post:
    Thessaly simply laughed and slung her arm around Arwen's shoulders. She knew the archer-mage didn't need to be told she was skilled with a bow, but her beaming pride was infectious.

"Top notch," said Thessaly. "Maybe next time you can find yourself a target won't rattle out of his skin at sight of ya."

She wondered briefly if offering herself as a target would be wise. Catching an arrow with her swords was something she'd dreamed about doing as a child, but the utter impracticality of it screamed 'bad idea.' Still, it was an amusing idea to entertain. Maybe she'd suggest it sometime to combat boredom, if they ever found any.

The two returned to the inn and conducted a brief search for the priest. When they couldn't find him, they went out and headed for the White Hall. They found Erandur on the path to the Jarl's home, walking towards them.

15. Characters in this post:
    Upon seeing them, Erandur raised a hand in greeting and Arwen returned the gesture, waving him over.

"Pleasant morning to you," he said, briefly bowing his head at each of them in turn. "What brings you out into the cold?"

"A little joking around," Arwen snickered, unable to help herself.

"All in good fun, I hope."

16. Characters in this post:
    "Aw, he'll get over it," Thessaly shrugged, offering no explanation. "Just came say farewell. And to, ah, thank you. For your help."

Thessaly hadn't had a real talk with Erandur since the events at the temple. Being around the priest made her nervous, and she knew it showed. The priesthood had been such a large part of her childhood, being in such close proximity to one again made her feel guilty. Since she didn't want to think too hard about what, she hadn't sought him out, but she couldn't leave Dawnstar in good conscience without at least letting Erandur know that she was grateful for his part in rescuing her from Vaermina.

17. Characters in this post:
    Erandur offered her a pleased smile.

"Of course, friend. It is my duty as a follower of Mara to do as much good as I can. I just hope you remain well. You're both looking better."

"I have been feeling pretty well in general," Arwen said, looking very chipper. "But I don't slow down for anything, except maybe sweet rolls."

18. Characters in this post:
    Thessaly's grin turned wry, thinking of what else they might face on the road ahead. Thus far going had been rather bumpy. None of them had come out the other side maimed or dead, yet, but it certainly hadn't been from lack of effort.

She gave Erandur a firm pat on the arm.

"Pray for us, eh?"

19. Characters in this post:
    "Every day." Erandur nodded earnestly and patted her hand in return, smiling. "Please, say goodbye to your friend for me. I would myself, but there is somewhere I must be." He gave a short bow to them and continued on down the road. Arwen turned to watch him go, wringing her hands.

"He's stiff and that makes me uncomfortable, is that strange?" she said, looking round to Thessaly. "

20. Characters in this post:
    "Priests make everybody uncomfortable," Thessaly snorted, watching Erandur head back down the path. After a while, she squinted a bit. She considered that perhaps the two of them made him uncomfortable. Wouldn't be the first time a priest had turned his nose up at her. She just grinned. So much the better a priest of Mara would be praying for her. Thessaly wouldn't turn down any favors from the goddess of love.

"Well, that's obviously sorted. Shall we?"

21. Characters in this post:
    Arwen shook her hands out and nodded, pulling her cowl up over her head.

"Ready. Let's go find the boy and go. All my things except my bow stuff is packed up," she said, hopping excitedly in place. "It's going to be so great to get out of Dawnstar. This place is small and depressing."

22. Characters in this post:
    "And cold!" Thessaly added, drawing her own collar up around her neck as an icy blast off the water tossed her dark hair.

"You think this is small?" Thessa countered, keeping pace with Arwen back to the inn. "You live here, bumpkin. Try growing up in a city. This is the most pitiful excuse for a port town I've ever seen."

She only realized how loud she'd been after the words were out of her mouth. They'd just entered the inn and several occupants had turned to give her dark looks.

Yes, it really was time to leave.

23. Characters in this post:
    Arwen gently patted Thessaly on the back, trying to cover the smile on her face.

"I think we've just worn out our welcome. I'm going to go finish packing my bow things," she said, starting for her room. "Go get Ennis?"

24. Characters in this post:
    "No need."

Ennis entered the inn behind them, looking defeated.

"I'm here - just give me a few moments to gather my things."

"No luck?" Thessaly asked.

Ennis sighed and shook his head. "Seems I'll go cold for a while."

Thessaly glared at him, mouth set. She wondered if he knew he had the eyes of a begging dog. Probably.

"Oh, alright," she surrendered. "You can hold on to those sleeping furs. But you're carrying them."

Ennis' grin split his face as he strode up to Thessaly and took her hand.

"Bastion of grace and charity," he said, bowing low over her hand. She quickly pulled it away from him. The earlier angry glares had turned to glances of amusement. Ennis didn't seem to notice as he strode around Thessaly and back to his rooms to pack.

"You owe me new furs!" she called after him.

"And I forgive you for this morning!" he called back.

25. Characters in this post:
    "I could have gone my entire life without his forgiveness," Arwen snickered. She disappeared into her room then, emerging just moments later with her bag on her back and her armor all laced up. She waited patiently for the other two, munching on an apple as she stood by the door.

26. Characters in this post:
    Oddly, it took Ennis longer than Thessaly to meet Arwen at the inn's front door, and she'd donned her new set of leather armor that she'd had Ennis fetch for her at the blacksmith. It was supple and worn, and she'd had to cut it to her own specifications in her room while she was recovering, but she was glad she wouldn't have to break in a brand new set. She didn't often purchase new armor, but the times she had, she'd almost regretted it. There was nothing quite so painful as new-leather chaffing. Except perhaps an arrow to the gut, which was what strong, new leather usually prevented. Still, she felt she could have broken in an entirely new set with the time the bard took getting his things together.

"Honestly, he's fussy as a noble," Thessaly bemoaned to Arwen from a bench where she'd decided to take lunch while they waited. No sense heading out on an empty stomach.

27. Characters in this post:
    "You think so?" Arwen said, finishing up her apple. "He is a little fussy, I suppose. But he makes up for it by being pretty funny, don't you think? I don't know, I find him rather funny."

28. Characters in this post:
    Ennis emerged from his room wearing the imperial leather armor Thessaly had cut for him, bag slung over one shoulder with the sleeping fur strapped to the top. He was still adjusting things in an uncomfortable manner, combing his fingers through his hair.

"Yeah," said Thessaly. "Funny's a word for it."

"What are you two talking about?" Ennis asked as he approached.

Thessaly swung her leg over the bench and got to her feet, grabbing and shouldering her pack in a practiced manner.

"You," she said.

"All good things, I hope?"

Thessaly snorted, loudly, and lead the way outside. Arwen was left to deal with a very puppy-like look of disappointment.

"Not even a little bit good?" he implored of the mage.

29. Characters in this post:
    The archer offered Ennis a kind smile, patting him on the back.

"A little good, a little bad. Nothing mean, though," she said, following Thessaly outside. The wind shipped her ponytail around and made her eyes water. She pulled her cowl up over her head and covered her mouth and nose in the face of the cold. "Who's got the map? How far are we from that thing we're supposed to find?"

30. Characters in this post:
    "I was thinking we'd head south," Thessaly replied. "Retrace our steps and find the road west to Morthal. I think that was close to the place the old hermits told me about."

"Might I offer an alternative?"

Thessaly turned back to look at Ennis.

"Ustengrav is north of Morthal," he explained, expression more admonishing than defensive. "If we take the road southwest, we can make straight for the ruins instead of stopping off in another inhospitable town. Or we can head straight west along the coast if you want easier walking than valleys and snowbanks, then turn south when we hit marshes. We won't be able to avoid those as far as I can tell."

"Well," said Thessaly, folding her arms. "Lookit you all travel guide a sudden. Where'd you get all that knowhow?"

Now Ennis looked a bit more defensive. He dug into his pack and pulled out the oiled map the Greybeards had given Thessaly.

"I'm a fair hand with directions," he said. "Just trying to be a bit more helpful."

Thessaly frowned. She didn't like that Ennis had gone into her things, much less taken something without asking. She couldn't deny that having a navigator would be useful, though. She didn't know a damned thing about crossing winterlands, and she doubted Arwen would be interested in avoiding troubled landscape so much as charging boldly through it, fireballs blazing.

And there was something in his tone that held her back from simply snatching the map out of his hands. She'd heard it before when he'd offered to take care of her while she was recovering from Vaermina's curse. Like denying him this would do the bard more harm than he would ever let on.

She'd let him hold the map out for too long now to take it from him. So she simply raised her eyebrows and held a welcoming hand out towards the road ahead.

"After you, chief."

When he saw Thessaly had no intention of taking the map from him, Ennis stowed it in his bag. As he stepped into the lead, he gave Thessaly a pointed, grateful smile. Thessaly made a face at him to show how disgusted she was by his general mushiness.

"So!" he called back, all pomp once more. "High road along the coast, or low road between the hills?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 30 of 83