Login to your account

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Police Department Romance

Approaching Greatness LostInOliviasWorld's Avatar
    I smiled at what he was describing. "Can we see the lab?" I asked, and he agreed and led us there, asking the chemistry teacher for the keys and he let us in, him trailing behind. I looked at what was missing. "All things math makers would use. This confirms my suspision.." I said, and I looked around for forced entry "Who else has keys to get in here?" I asked. "Well, this teacher, Mr.White, and Mr.Dokes." he said. I looked at Carmen. Possible drug dealer chemistry teacher? Makes sense, since they know the right elements to make the purest meth, and in the chemistry lab, beakers and cylinders for method making are missing. Hm..
    ♥Volbeat♥

(Okay little miss Breaking Bad :P )

I saw the wheels spinning in her head and I turned to the principal,"That's all we need, thank you. We will call you if we need anything else. Keep us updated,"I said before heading out. It was really easy to make assumptions in this line of work, some things weren't that easy.

(Lol, I thought you didn't watch it xD)

On the way out, I started talking. "Maybe it was not a teacher, maybe like a teachers assistant, or something. But one teacher was gone the day they were stolen. I'll just question him, and not get ahead of myself. Its just if it is him, this guy is huge. His method is found all over this state, and several others. And its only one source." I said
    ♥Volbeat♥

(Doesn't mean I don't know about it :P )

"What about a student teacher? They come in from the colleges where buisness for this stuff is pretty high... They have access and then they leave, travel to learn,"I said, glancing at her as we got into the car,"Maybe we should look into what student teacher;s they've had recently."

I nodded. "Alright, I'll get a list of names, only of students who have a few charges in some cases." I said, making a mental note to do that "
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Why only students with previous charges?"I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, it would be a red flag. Ones with clean records we probably don't have to worry about." I said
    ♥Volbeat♥

"You said it yourself, this guy is good, and smart. Maybe he's never been caught before, especially for petty crimes, you know? I'm just thinking, if he is affiliated with what you believe he is, he wouldn't have a record,"I parked at the hive.

"I'll make a list of all of them. Even the teachers." I said, smiling, we worked well together. I felt bad for coming off on the wrong foot with her
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Now you're thinking,"I said as we walked into the hive,"I'm going to work on the missing girls case, keep me updated."

"Alright." I said, and nodded to her. After I got the list, it was lunch break. I walked into her office. "Want to go get some coffee? Its on me." I said, smiling.
    ♥Volbeat♥

I smiled and nodded,"Sure,"I closed my files and got up, following her out. She was alright when she wasn't being all weird super coppy.

When out at the car, this time I drove. "Starbucks alright?" I asked, glancing at her as I pulled out into the road
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Sure, fine by me,"I said with a shrug as I relaxed into the seat. She was actually a pretty lady, when she wasn't freaking out, or bloody.

Once at the coffee shop, I paid for our drinks and food. Once sat down, I smiled up at her. "I just wanted to apologize, I was trying to be a tough cop when I started. But you saw right through that. And its opened my eyes, the tough cop act is never the way to go ."
    ♥Volbeat♥

I laughed softly,"We all do it. I did it. I got a reality check, thankfully, you didn't have that because you have me,"I said with a smirk, sticking my tongue out at her.

I chuckled. "You're pretty close to a reality check." I said, with a smile. "Glad I'm getting to know you though." I said softly
    ♥Volbeat♥

"I'm close to a reality check? And how is that?"I asked curiously as I sipped from my coffee, sitting back.

"You just opened my eyes about how much of an idiot I was being." I said, shrugging with a smirk.
    ♥Volbeat♥

I nodded,"Well, with any luck, I can teach you much more than not being an idiot."

I nodded. "You will, you seem to know what you're talking about." I said. "I hardly know half of this town." I said, sighing.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"It's more about knowing the politics of crime,"I said with a smirk, shaking my head,"We like to think it's about motive and love and romance, but it is really about politics."

I nodded. "True." I said. "Enough about work. How's life outside of work?" I asked her
    ♥Volbeat♥

"I don't have one,"I said with a chuckle, shaking my head,"I practically live in the hive, a life outside of work isn't realistic. How about you?"

I smiled, and nodded, true. She was always at work, always there before me, and later than me. "Well. Its not the best, my boyfriend just moved out. Well, I kicked him out." I said, shrugging. "Its whatever, he's the past now. But that's the only thing that's happened with me, otherwise it has only been work."
    ♥Volbeat♥

"That happens a lot. My last girlfriend couldn't handle it, but I couldn't hold it against her,"I said with a shrug,"If you find someone that understands and can live with it, then they're a keeper."

Girlfriend? I didn't know she was lesbian, I had nothing against it. "Ah.. Sorry about that." I said. "And. Reasons were different with him, that I won't get into." I said, taking a drink
    ♥Volbeat♥

I nodded, understanding. Everyone had different circumstances. I glanced at my watch and sighed,"We should be getting back, you know."

(I gotta go, night!)

(Night Ashley!)

I glanced down at my phone. Crap.. "Yeah, sorry." I said, standing and heading out to the car with her, coffee still in hand
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Keep me updated on what you find on the teachers, I'm really interested on what you might find,"I said as we drove, climbing out of the car. I headed inside and began going over the folder again, for the missing girls.