Login to your account

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Police Department Romance

Approaching Greatness LostInOliviasWorld's Avatar
    (Say Officer Poulsen three times fast. I cant!)

"Hey, Im officer Poulsen." I said, introducing myself. Once we were all in the car, I let her do all the talking on details, and I just listened in, comparing my mental notes to her solid ones.
    ♥Volbeat♥

(As long as I'm careful I can do it. xD)

Once we got to the hive John had sobbered up and was a bit more there, mentally. We sat him down and went back over the day his daughter went missing. "It was about five o'clock in the afternoon and I noticed that she hadn't come home... She's 12, so I figured she may have stayed after school or something to hang out with friends and was just running late. She's too young for a cell phone, at least that's what her mother says, and I agreed... We had no way of knowing where she was... It got late so I started calling her friends, her school... No one had seen here... I just.."

We didnt have to really take notes, just mental ones. My job was to make sure the camera was rolling. I stood in the corner as she interviewed him, and I watched his body kanguage and his actions. He was fine, completely telling the truth. The door opened quietly, and Captain Marshall pulled me out for a moment. "We're going to need you tomorrow for a drug bust." He started off. "Tomorrow is.." I began. "I know, your day off, and for that youll get five paid vacation days." He said. "Alright." I said. He went over everything with me, and he had me make the phone call to the dealer , and I was good at pulling the whole druggie thing off. This was not new to me, I did this alot. As a hooker, druggie, and as a smuggler. I was good at this.
    ♥Volbeat♥

I finished my interview with John, learning some information about his car and his whereabouts. He had been visiting the other parents, which is why his car has been seen around the other families and why he seemed so suspicious. I thanked him for his time and had another officer take him home. I found Ella and rose an eyebrow,"What was that all about?"

"Well, looks like tomorrow I'm spending my day off as a meth head in a drug bust." I said smiling. They've never had me work on my days off. God. She was stunning,.. and I was really confused as to why I was thinking this way.
    "You could probably tag along if you wanted, ask captain if youre interested." I said.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Days off? Wow, you really are new,"I smirked and shook my head,"Let me guess, he offered you five free vacation days, right? Good luck with that. Thank you for the offer, but I'm going to stay on this case. I need to find closure for these families." Day off? Never worked a day off? I can't remember a day that I wasn't at work! Victims and crime never stop or take vacations...

I looked down and sighed, really tired of the 'new' talk. I know she didnt really mean it, but I alsp knew she partially did. I looked up and simply said "Okay." And I began to walk Aay. "Keep me posted on the case. I mean, if you want to keep the 'new' girl updated, that is." I said, using quotations with my hands getting my little hint accross.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"You're not going to get anywhere in this department with an attitude like that,"I called back at her as I unbutton my police uniform, a white tank top underneith. I pulled on a red zip-up hoodie and sat down.

I sighed and just got out of uniform and in my normal clothes, and I took my bun out and brushed my hair out before leaving with my car keys. I walked past her, not saying anything, and I walked outside and to my car, going home after a long, long day.
    ♥Volbeat♥

"You could be nice,"The chief said as he sat with me at my desk. I shook my head,"Being soft on her and giving her a day off after only one day at work? Chief, she's going to get hurt and you're not helping her by letting her be weak. "
    "She worked somewhere else before this."
    "That was there, this is here. She's young. She's naive. She shouldn't be out there, she's too 'I've seen it on tv'. Out here, that'll get her killed. So I will be nice when she deserved it. I will treat her like any other rookie cop. And you know better than I do that getting a day off after your first day is total bull shit." I got up and went to the breakroom, beginning a pot of coffee.

When I started off, I was in narcotics , so what I would be doing tomorrow was really easy for me, and ive never had a bad experience.. I was also determined to show Carmen what I was made of.
    The next morning I woke up and dressed in my usual crack head outfit. A loose teeshirt, short shorts, and some torn up converse. I also used makeup to make my cheeks more sunken in and my eyes more baggy. I put my hair in a messy bun and I was good to go. When I got to the station they wired me up and a team of ten cops were ready to make the bust.
    ♥Volbeat♥

I had fallen asleep at my desk atsome point and woke up as Ella was going out the door. I ran my fingers through my hair and gave her a finger wave, scoffing slightly once I turned around, going back to my case- which was absolutely cold.

We got to the scene, and I made sure my wire was well hidden. I had to walk a few blocks to get to the location, and I turned my actress mode on, acting fidgety, and odd. How a meth head really is. I had a wad of the cash in my hand. I walked along untill I saw the man, giving him a couple winks, that being the hint I was the girl who called. We walked to an alleyway and we did the trade, but he grabbed my arm tightly before I could walk away, squeezing it very hard. Then he pulled a gun. "Prove youre not a cop." He said. And the wire picked it up, I had to hold tight for a few seconds. "Man, no. Those fucking cops are out to get us, I just want my meth." I stalled. "Hands up!" People yelled, the other officers. "Dont come closer, ill kill her!" He yelled, and I gave them the look to hold up. Which was a mistake, he fired, but the bullet grazed mt shoulder, leaving a gash. I grabbed the gun, and twisted his arms so they were behind him. "Drop it motherfucker!"
    ♥Volbeat♥

The hive suddenly became busy with news of an officer down and a deal gone wrong. I groaned and the chief glanced at me,"Screw this. I told you so, Sir,"I scowled as I got up and grabbed my files, going to a quiet office space. My last partner was a good guy. He got me as a rookie and taught me everything I knew. Not to make mistakes, always double check, never make assumptions, coincidences do not exist and neither does luck. He was shot, and he was killed, in front of me. I'd been given rookie partner's to train and pass on, and now I got this. I was sick of it. Couldn't I just work solo?

I was in the ambulance, just sitting in it. I was fine, the bullet just missed me, only surface damage. They stitched me up and I was fine. This guy was like the Heisenberg of the real world (get the reference?) And I was glad we got him. They insisted I took the day off and I said no, haveing to keeo my head on everything else. I wanted to look into more narcotics stuff, bur I had to get back to the other case I was originally on. I cleaned up, and I got in uniform.
    I gathered more information on the case, newer stuff. Mr.Reynolds recieved a note this morning, calling my desk specifically and telling me to tell my partner. It read
    "I know where your daughter is. Meet here tomorrow." Then it had a mystery adress that didnt exist in the town. I broight the little file in on it and I walked to.my.partners cubicle.. "Here." I said, and handed it to her.
    ♥Volbeat♥

(Nope.)
    "What's this?"I asked, raising an eyebrow and staring at the piece of paper. She was acting fine so I was going to treat her like she was fine.

"A file I started last night, just some more theories.. and this morning, while I was waiting around to start the bust, Reynolds called, and all he said, word for word is in there. He found a note on his door this morning, .. it had a fake address on it. He took a picture and emailed it to me. Thats it on the cover." I said , pointing to it.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

(Breaking Bad! Best show ever!)
    ♥Volbeat♥

"Why the fuck would he call you?"I scowled under my breath as I flipped through the folder, my blood beginning to boil. This was my case, I was the investigator. She had no business. She wants in? Don't go getting shot on narcotics cases. I closed the folder and tossed it aside, holding my head in my hands.

I was really confused.. I kept a striaght face and I just walked away, from that moment on I made a mental note to just not get involved with her case anymore, and as much as I could, her, herself. I worked the rest of the day and rook phone calls and other things around the office. Then the night shift started, which I have for half of the whole shift.

I called John to come in with the note and I took it as evidence,"Are you sure this wasn't a prank? This place doesn't even exist... They could be trying to mess with you." He was sure that it was real and I sighed,"We will run it for fingerprints, or at least we will try. I can't promise you anything. This could be a media scandal of some sort. Next time, call me, I could have saved you a lot of trouble and could have gotten it to evidence a lot faster. We're going to have to wait a while." I pat him on the back and sent him home. I tossed Ella's file on her desk and crossed my arms,"If you're my partner you can't hide in the office all day. Pictures of notes won't do and you don't take emails. You collect evidence and speak with suspects. This is narcotics."

I looked up at her, and closed the document on my own case , and I sighed. "It wont happen again Officer Airabell." I say with a strong voice, and I grabbed the file and threw it in the garbage. "All your case now. I wont get involved." I said, opening the file back up and checkng my suspects address.
    ♥Volbeat♥

I placed my hand on the file she was looking at,"Not what I said. If we are going to be partners we need to work together, not take off on our own. I don't know why the chief thinks you're an angel sent from above, but until you prove yourself, you're a rookie cop to me. Don't work solo, these things take time and thought, something a cop can't have alone. Stop getting hurt, eventually you're just going to get yourself killed. And your theories are good, I wouldn't throw them away,"I said finally, a smile creeping across my face as I gazed at her. I held it for a moment before getting up and grabbing my coat, walking out and going home. I was exhausted, and dirty, and grieving. I missed my partner.

(I'm going to sleep. Goodnight!)

How have I not proven myself yet? I got shot this morning, and I'm still here working. The cheif is piling things in me, its not like I chose to do this case by myself, I was TOLD to. Unlike her, he sees lots of potential, and I was being tested on it. I watched her as she kept on, staying silent as she 'preached' to me. When she walked away, I breathed a sigh of relief. She scared the shit out of me to be honest. Once the day was over, I threw my case file on her desk, leaving a note on it 'thoughts?' It read. And I went home, after a long fucking day. (Goodnight Ashley!)
    ♥Volbeat♥

I came back in the morning feeling refreshed, noticing the file on my desk, ignoring it. I told her to come to me, so until she wanted to speak up I wasn't going to consider her thoughts even existent. Was it that hard?

(She's a tough nut to crack isn't she? Haha)

Once I was back at the station the next morning I walked into her office, smiling. "Hey. Have time to talk about the file?" I asked. I left it on her desk so she could brainstorm ideas when she saw it
    ♥Volbeat♥

(She is, but she'll get better. It's all about character development. :P )

"Yeah, if you'd like,"I said with a nod, sitting back and sliding it towards her,"Tell me what you think."

(Yes ;p indeed )

I nodded, and opened the file. "Well, the suspect we got was not the major drug distributor. He was simply a dummy, and apparently there's several of them. The guy that makes the meth is very smart, he has the purest meth we have ever seen, having a content of 99%.. That's why its going mad all over the department. But anyways, this guy knows what he's doing, he's low key, and even his distributors don't know his real name, or even what the guy looks like. And yesterday, I got a call from the local high school, saying supplies in their chemistry lab had gone missing, or was stolen. So, I was hoping you and I could go by today, and investigate more, see if there's footage or something.."
    I said, taking a bite of the doughnut I got
    ♥Volbeat♥

"I agree, suit up. It's best to go in casual clothes to schools. The uniforms scare the kids,"I said as I stood up and finished my tea, tossing it into the trash and grabbing my gun from my desk drawer and settling it into my holster. I smiled at her,"Wel, are you coming?"

I smiled, and nodded. I went and got dressed as requested and grabbed my gun, putting it in my holster. I opened the folder and I grabbed the sticky note, and called the number back on it. The school number, and I let them know we would be coming. "Alright, let's go." I said. And took the last bite of my doughnut and threw the bag away. I handed her the keys and we were on our way
    ♥Volbeat♥

When we got to the school we met with the principal, who described to us what was missing. I looked over my notes,"Is it possible someone broke it and didn't tell anyone? Simply cleaned it up? Or took it home for a project?"