Login to your account

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: College Life

Neither Sinner nor Saint SedatedDemon's Avatar
    I laughed. "I don't see why not. You're a pretty girl." I said, sipping my coke. The food came and I took a bite out of a fry and gasped when it was too hot.

"Careful!" I giggled. "I dont get out much, don't have any friends... Just kind of got more into school than my social life after my last relationship fell through.. Lost friends and all."

I shrugged. "Well, you should go out and make more friends!" I smiled and began to eat my food when it finally cooled down.

"I'm here aren't I?" I grinned and began eating as well, sitting back comfortably.

I smiled and nodded, and we chatted a little while we ate. After that, we got ice cream. "So, you want to be a chef?"

"Caterer,"I said through a bite of fries. I swallowed then spoke again," I want to work weddings and stuff."

I nodded. "That's cool." I replied, glancing around the room. There were a few other people here.

"What about you? What do you want to go into?"

"Music. Performance. I've been practicing Broadway. I like acting and singing." I smiled as I finished my ice cream.

"That's awesome!" I said with a grin,"Jez, the broadway star,"I smiled and sat back, full and happy. My food was gone and I reached into my purse, slipping out my wallet,"That would be really cool, you know."

I shook my head. "No no, I got it." I said with a smile, taking out my debit card. I paid and tipped the waitress, then I led her out to my car.

I knew this wasn't a date, but inside my heart fluttered and I grinned as I slid into the car. She made me happy.. And warm. I watched as she slid into the driver's seat,"We should do this again sometime."

I smiled as I started the car. "Sure, okay." I answered. I pulled out and I drove her back to her college. I parked and I smiled at her. "Well, that was fun."

"That was a lot of fun, thank you,"I collected my things and reluctantly unbuckled my seatbelt,"Will I see you soon?"

I shrugged. "Yeah. Probably. Text me later." I waved as she closed the door and I pulled out and drove back to Julliard. I went to my dorm and greeted Sydney as I went to go take a shower.

I sat down on my bed, the thought of having gone out for the first time in months made my head spin. Me, going to dinner! Ha! I practically relied on Top Ramen and Mac n'Cheese right now. But this girl, oh this girl... I was attracted, and I wanted to learn more.

I took my shower, and then I blow dried my curly hair and I sat in bed, turning on the TV and putting on Harry Potter.

The next week or so was slow, with the occasional highlight of being able to talk to Jez. She became my silver lining, and we were becoming friends! I sat at the bar, talking with Tom as I awaited Jez's entrance.

I dressed sort of casually. I wore a nice blouse with a black mini skirt and heels. I let my wildly red, curly hair fall around me, and I wore some makeup. I pulled up at the bar and I went in and smiled when I spotted Amy. I slid into the bar stool next to her and nodded at Tom, who started making my usual. "Hey Amy."

"Hey Jez, wow, I feel under dressed,"I said with a chuckle as I glanced down at my jeans and grey knit sweater. She made my stomach feel all fluttery.

I chuckled. "You should go shopping with me sometime. Get some flattery clothes. You'll feel so much better about socializing." I said with a grin and I thanked Tom and took a drink of my Strawberry Daiquiri.

"Shopping? Yeah right,"I said with a laugh,"I'm a green bean with eyes, I couldn't look good even if you tried."

I rolled my eyes. "I disagree. You just have to try. And confidence is the number one thing. A girl with high confidence is a girl who will get laid with a bat of her eyelash." I said.

I stared at her and blinked like crazy before laughing,"You give me a make over and we will see."

I chuckled. "Alright." I replied. We drank a little bit, and I stopped as soon as I was feeling a little buzzed. I slipped a few antidepressants into my mouth and I closed my eyes, listening to the music.

"Do you take those just to get a buzz?"I asked curiously as she put the pills back into her purse, my voice quiet. I worried about her, and the pills.

I glanced at her for a moment, then I shook my head, not answering. "So." I said, my voice changing. "I think that was enough for one night.. I'm really tired. I should go."

"Jez, don't go just becuas eI asked a question, stay.."I placed my hand over hers, trying my best reassuring smile.

I pulled my hand away and shook my head. "I'm sorry. I can't do this right now. I have homework..." I stood up and went out to my car, unlocking it and sliding in.

I sighed, laying money down for both of our drinks before following her out,"Jez, wait, just talk to me."